PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo is this Generations Gary Hogeboom

Gervin44Silas13
09-24-2009, 07:49 AM
After Sundays giveaway game. It's evident that Romo is this generations Gary Hogeboom. I don't see Romo winning a Superbowl for the Cowboys, maybe (a Big Maybe) getting them there but possibly getting Blown out in the big game!

Do us a favor Mr. Jones cut this guy....no game and no freaking heart!!!!

Stats don't win you titles...guts, blood, leadership and glory do!

Unforgivable
09-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't see Romo winning a Superbowl for the Cowboys

Neat, and in other news, I don't see Zack Randolph winning an NBA title for the Grizzlies.

SpuronyourFace
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
So your saying Romo is going to kick ass in Survivor and come up short of winning the Million dollar prize?

manufan10
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
After Sundays giveaway game. It's evident that Romo is this generations Gary Hogeboom. I don't see Romo winning a Superbowl for the Cowboys, maybe (a Big Maybe) getting them there but possibly getting Blown out in the big game!

Do us a favor Mr. Jones cut this guy....no game and no freaking heart!!!!

Stats don't win you titles...guts, blood, leadership and glory do!

Who exactly are you going to replace him with?

Jon Kitna? :lmao

Stephen Mcgee? :lmao

He had a bad game, get over it. You bandwagon fans annoy the crap out of me.

DAF86
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Tony Romo is the Andrew Bynum of the NFL, a decent player (not more than that) that gets overrated because of the inmensity of the fan base of the team he plays for.

DAF86
09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
more like the ginobili

Dude I enjoy your act, but that was weak.

Bigzax
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
tony romo is :tu

thispego
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
tony romo sucks. been sayin it for years

Gervin44Silas13
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM

No a Diehard Fan speaking the truth...in 2 play-offs games (Where we had the lead and blew it!!!!!)
His Ints have costed us BIG games during the season!!!!!!

Romo has not gotten it done, Parcells said it best about Romo "A Celebrity Quarterback is all he will ever be!"

Start fresh.... it's time for a change!!!!

manufan10
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
No a Diehard Fan speaking the truth...in 2 play-offs games (Where we had the lead and blew it!!!!!)
His Ints have costed us BIG games during the season!!!!!!

Romo has not gotten it done, Parcells said it best about Romo "A Celebrity Quarterback is all he will ever be!"

Start fresh.... it's time for a change!!!!

Again, who are you going to replace him with? Right now, there's no one that the Cowboys can replace him with, so whether you like it or not, the Cowboys are stuck with him. So either find a way to accept that, deal with it or whatever, but Romo's going to be the starter for the Dallas Cowboys for awhile.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=2

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Romo for Roethlisberger

Bigzax
09-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Romo for Roethlisberger

why would you want dallas to get a qb that gets the job done?

and you call yourself an eagle fan...pffft...

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
why would you want dallas to get a qb that gets the job done?

and you call yourself an eagle fan...pffft...

:lol Like it's going to happen. Dallas wishes.

BlackSwordsMan
09-24-2009, 03:31 PM
but he broke up with jessica simpson he's super cereal this time guys

redskinfan
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Romo=Majkowski....

rjv
09-24-2009, 04:33 PM
not a bad comparison. he sure has not yet even proven to be danny white yet

Whisky Dog
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
It's all about the coaching. Romo under Parcells was on his way to becoming very good at managing the game, knowing when to make throws, where to make them, and when not to based on game situation. Now he's still got the talent and the tools but he sucks at managing the game and making the right decisions and throws. A lot of that is on the coaching who is weak and does not have control of the team. Rothlisberger under this coaching staff would suck too.

Harry Callahan
09-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Trying to equate Tony Romo to Gary Hogeboom shows someone who probably never saw Hobeboom play. He barely played half a season in 1984 and was gone shortly thereafter.

Romo would have already won playoff games if Parcells or Phillips knew how to coach up a defense that could actually stop someone in the fourth quarter. Significant assets were put on that side of the ball and the results are not consistently there. Look at the defense to see the real weakness of Dallas.

Romo didn't allow 20 receiptions to third receivers or give up 65 yards of offense on the last drive with little or no resistance.

Oh and I laugh at the Redskins fans for popping off about anybody playing quarterback right now. Redskin management has shown a lot of confidence in the current guy, haven't they? Tony Romo would be a significant upgrade at QB for 2/3 of the NFL teams right now.

rjv
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
romo is second tier at this poinr. right there with the hasselbecks and cutlers of the NFL .

CubanMustGo
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
not a bad comparison. he sure has not yet even proven to be danny white yet

White got them to three NFC championships. Couldn't win the big one but at least he could win some playoff games.

exstatic
09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't think I'd equate him to Hogeboom, who really never put up any numbers in the regular season, but he seems headed for Danny White-hood at this point.

KSeal
09-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Tony Romo is the Andrew Bynum of the NFL, a decent player (not more than that) that gets overrated because of the inmensity of the fan base of the team he plays for.

Horrible comparison.

BUMP
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Romo is good, he is a bit up and down but he has had good performances in the past. Its hilarious after 1 game you can read the rest of his future.

I think fanbases in general just single out one player and nothing will change their mindset. He hasn't won a playoff game, but you guys keep forgetting he's only started two full seasons.

Drew Brees, arguably the game's best quarterback has only won 1 playoff game

Cant_Be_Faded
09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
footballball

slick'81
09-24-2009, 10:00 PM
lets c in five years where romo is first

TFloss32
09-24-2009, 10:53 PM

How is Gervin being a bandwagon fan when he's simply tired of watching an overrated quarterback perform poorly? Everyone here knows Tony Romo is not the QB of the future unless he seriously ups his football IQ. He's like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz..."if I only had a brain."
I'm watching the Giants game on Sunday night and thinking to myself that this guy has all of the tools and potential to be incredible. But right now, that's all it is...potential. He'll stick around for a while regardless of his performance because Romo=$$$

By the way...Stephen McGee was the biggest waste of a pick that I've seen in a while. They could've easily taken this guy late in the draft but used a 4th rounder on him? :bang

Well said...I truly wonder what kind of QB he'd be with another team or under a different coach. I don't expect Wade Phillips to be around much longer (especially with guys like Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher sitting around waiting to be hired). Besides Bill Parcells, I don't think Romo has been given any solid direction...this is very evident in his play. He's inconsistent, lacks composure, has a quick trigger and makes bad decisions. I'm pulling for him but don't see the Cowboys having serious success as long as he's around.

slayermin
09-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Tony Romo will show that he is a great quarterback unless Cowboy fan destroys him first.

Right now he's on the level of Danny White, one ring away from being Staubach.

Gervin44Silas13
09-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Again, who are you going to replace him with? Right now, there's no one that the Cowboys can replace him with, so whether you like it or not, the Cowboys are stuck with him. So either find a way to accept that, deal with it or whatever, but Romo's going to be the starter for the Dallas Cowboys for awhile.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=2

WGAF...who were gonna replace him with.....Romo will not get it done...he throws more INT's than TD's. Hell start Mcgee or Kitna....for that matter to lite a fire under his azz. He should be benched this is the NFL man and many DIEHARDS like me are pissed at the Cowboys utter BS performance these last 3 seasons!

Gervin44Silas13
09-25-2009, 06:57 AM
How is Gervin being a bandwagon fan when he's simply tired of watching an overrated quarterback perform poorly? Everyone here knows Tony Romo is not the QB of the future unless he seriously ups his football IQ. He's like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz..."if I only had a brain."
I'm watching the Giants game on Sunday night and thinking to myself that this guy has all of the tools and potential to be incredible. But right now, that's all it is...potential. He'll stick around for a while regardless of his performance because Romo=$$$

By the way...Stephen McGee was the biggest waste of a pick that I've seen in a while. They could've easily taken this guy late in the draft but used a 4th rounder on him? :bang

Well said...I truly wonder what kind of QB he'd be with another team or under a different coach. I don't expect Wade Phillips to be around much longer (especially with guys like Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher sitting around waiting to be hired). Besides Bill Parcells, I don't think Romo has been given any solid direction...this is very evident in his play. He's inconsistent, lacks composure, has a quick trigger and makes bad decisions. I'm pulling for him but don't see the Cowboys having serious success as long as he's around.

I agree with TF32.... Romo has the tools but he lacks the desire to win...but he's no where near Roger. Roger never made stupid mistakes during the game or for that matter lose it! As Bob Lilly said "Roger never quit". Romo just sulks like a little "B" with his Cap. Roger and Troy would have clearly told the defense "You guys **** up out there LETS GO!!!!"
Romo is a pre-madonna clear and simple.... a leader with no balls!

Gervin44Silas13
09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Trying to equate Tony Romo to Gary Hogeboom shows someone who probably never saw Hobeboom play. He barely played half a season in 1984 and was gone shortly thereafter.

Romo would have already won playoff games if Parcells or Phillips knew how to coach up a defense that could actually stop someone in the fourth quarter. Significant assets were put on that side of the ball and the results are not consistently there. Look at the defense to see the real weakness of Dallas.

Romo didn't allow 20 receiptions to third receivers or give up 65 yards of offense on the last drive with little or no resistance.

Oh and I laugh at the Redskins fans for popping off about anybody playing quarterback right now. Redskin management has shown a lot of confidence in the current guy, haven't they? Tony Romo would be a significant upgrade at QB for 2/3 of the NFL teams right now.

Oh...Please...!!!!!
Even Laufenburger, Walsh, and Peluer are better than Romo right now!!!!

to21
09-25-2009, 07:10 AM
WGAF...who were gonna replace him with.....Romo will not get it done...he throws more INT's than TD's. Hell start Mcgee or Kitna....for that matter to lite a fire under his azz. He should be benched this is the NFL man and many DIEHARDS like me are pissed at the Cowboys utter BS performance these last 3 seasons!Right and that was all Romo's fault huh?

Was Romo on the field when the defense gave up those two big runs to Baltimore last year? Was Romo on the field this past Sunday night when the defense couldn't get the Giants off the field. While I'd admit the guys lacks the quality to be a vocal leader and he makes big mistakes, he's still heads and shoulders better than ANYTHING we've had since #8. The truth is the offense would sputter without him in there.....the stats don't lie.

You bring up an interesting point....he throws more INT's than TD's. Did you mean in one single game or something else?

2007 - 36 TD 19 INT
2008 - 26 TD 14 INT
2009 - 4 TD 3 INT
66 TD 36 INT - Total (second to Brady in TD's)

Yeah I know stats don't = W's but to say he's worse than Laufenburger, Walsh, and Peluer is laughable.

jack sommerset
09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
The Survivor dude....:lol

Obstructed_View
09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Calling him Gary Hogeboom is pretty ignorant. He's this generation's Danny White so far. Puts up big numbers, makes the team pretty good, but can't avoid the costly turnover.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Romo is good, he is a bit up and down but he has had good performances in the past. Its hilarious after 1 game you can read the rest of his future.

I think fanbases in general just single out one player and nothing will change their mindset. He hasn't won a playoff game, but you guys keep forgetting he's only started two full seasons.

Drew Brees, arguably the game's best quarterback has only won 1 playoff game

I agree. It took Peyton Manning six years. I'm not saying Romo is going on the same path or that he's going to be as good as Manning, but people forget how young as a starter he really is.

lets c in five years where romo is first

I agree.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 10:20 AM
How is Gervin being a bandwagon fan when he's simply tired of watching an overrated quarterback perform poorly?

Where was all this talk right after the Tampa Bay game? Why not call for him to be benched then? He had a bad game against the Giants, and now people are calling for him to be replaced. They didn't call for him to be replaced when he played a good game against Tampa Bay, that in my opinion, is part of being a bandwagon. Or some people would call it fair weather fan. Take your pick.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
WGAF...who were gonna replace him with.....Romo will not get it done...he throws more INT's than TD's. Hell start Mcgee or Kitna....for that matter to lite a fire under his azz. He should be benched this is the NFL man and many DIEHARDS like me are pissed at the Cowboys utter BS performance these last 3 seasons!

You're crying about losing games but your willing to throw an untested rookie, one who wasn't that great of a college QB into the fire. :lol This is the NFL and the Cowboys didn't shell out 67 million dollars to sit a guy on the bench. They didn't shell out 67 million dollars to cut a QB during his 3 full year as a starting QB. :bang

Gervin44Silas13
09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
You're crying about losing games but your willing to throw an untested rookie, one who wasn't that great of a college QB into the fire. :lol This is the NFL and the Cowboys didn't shell out 67 million dollars to sit a guy on the bench. They didn't shell out 67 million dollars to cut a QB during his 3 full year as a starting QB. :bang

Hey it's about winning FREAKING GAMES!!!!...if Jimmie was coach...Romo's ass woulda been traded!

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey it's about winning FREAKING GAMES!!!!...if Jimmie was coach...Romo's ass woulda been traded!

He didn't get rid of Troy Aikman, did he? You talk about winning games, but you want to start a rookie.. :lmao

djohn2oo8
09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
It's all about how you perform under pressure, in big games...He hasn't shown that he can handle the pressure yet

exstatic
09-25-2009, 07:52 PM
The last three seasoins? Why don't you try looking back a few before that for BS performances.

Oh...Please...!!!!!
Even Laufenburger, Walsh, and Peluer are better than Romo right now!!!!
Now you're just a screaming little girl.

Gervin44Silas13
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The last three seasoins? Why don't you try looking back a few before that for BS performances.

Now you're just a screaming little girl.

No I just don't like to drink the Cowboys Kool-Aid...Romo has to step his game up! Period!

Play hard!!!!! Be a leader!!!! make no mistakes or get the hell off my team!