PDA

View Full Version : Flash Forward

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Anyone planning on watching this new show tonight on ABC? :wakeup They've pimped it up enough, it better be good.

http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward

BacktoBasics
09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Haven't made up my mind. I got into about 3 shows last year and all were canceled. Not sure I want to invest in potential flops.

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
I think this show may have potential. :tu

mrsmaalox
09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea I'm pretty happy just seeing the promos. All these shows have good promos but I just don't have the attention span to keep up with them, even if the first episode is good. That is if I can make thru the first episode :lol I started Survivor and Always Sunny last week, so that pretty much maxes out my TV watching effort for the next few weeks.

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Yea I'm pretty happy just seeing the promos. All these shows have good promos but I just don't have the attention span to keep up with them, even if the first episode is good. That is if I can make thru the first episode :lol I started Survivor and Always Sunny last week, so that pretty much maxes out my TV watching effort for the next few weeks.

It's based on the book Flash Forward by Robert Sawyer.

SpursStalker
09-24-2009, 10:28 AM
I finally saw the preview for this ...

It might be worth the effort

:lol

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I finally saw the preview for this ...

It might be worth the effort

The entire world blanks out for 2 min and 17 seconds. :wow

SpursStalker
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
The entire world blanks out for 2 min and 17 seconds. :wow

Hell I do that on a daily basis ...

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Hell I do that on a daily basis ...

:hat

SpursStalker
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
:hat

It's time ....

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
It's time ....

It is? :wow

Boris
09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
It is? :wow

Isn't it always?

Stringer_Bell
09-25-2009, 12:34 AM
It was okay, but I really don't buy into the idea that EVERYTHING exploded during the 2 minutes and 17 seconds. I can understand planes and helicopters falling out of the sky, but the amount of fires when they woke up just seemed over dramatic. And the whole "Everyone in the world blacked out" claims were annoying to hear over and over, I got it the first time. Oh wait, twist! Not EVERYBODY was knocked out...yea, figured that.

It has potential for some good action, but this shit can get redundant real fast. It's no LOST, and I can see some potential for annoying character tangents. I will watch next week, but those mothafuckaz better bring it.

JudynTX
09-25-2009, 08:00 AM
It was okay, but I really don't buy into the idea that EVERYTHING exploded during the 2 minutes and 17 seconds. I can understand planes and helicopters falling out of the sky, but the amount of fires when they woke up just seemed over dramatic. And the whole "Everyone in the world blacked out" claims were annoying to hear over and over, I got it the first time. Oh wait, twist! Not EVERYBODY was knocked out...yea, figured that.

It has potential for some good action, but this shit can get redundant real fast. It's no LOST, and I can see some potential for annoying character tangents. I will watch next week, but those mothafuckaz better bring it.

I give new shows at least 3 weeks to bring it. :lol This could be incredibly good or horribly bad, what I'm curious about now is the one guy who didn't black out. Who is he? Did he cause this? The guy in the baseball stadium. :tu

SpursStalker
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Ummmm I forgot ....

:wakeup

BacktoBasics
09-25-2009, 08:51 AM
As long as they don't overdue the cliffhanger/unanswered question aspect of it then it should be alright. You got to give us some meat. This is why Heroes has failed....everything was a cliffhanger/unanswered question. I get the strategy but it doesn't work if its over done.

JudynTX
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Ummmm I forgot ....

:wakeup

Encore presentation tonight, don't forget. :lol

As long as they don't overdue the cliffhanger/unanswered question aspect of it then it should be alright. You got to give us some meat. This is why Heroes has failed....everything was a cliffhanger/unanswered question. I get the strategy but it doesn't work if its over done.

You're a character on this show. What if you could change the future, would you?

JoeChalupa
09-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Don't our actions today already change our future?

BacktoBasics
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Don't our actions today already change our future?No. God already has it mapped out.

JoeChalupa
09-25-2009, 10:14 AM
No. God already has it mapped out.

That is a correct statement.

SpursStalker
09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Encore presentation tonight, don't forget. :lol

What time?

:D

Jacob1983
09-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I liked it. I thought it was cool and original. The show really makes you think. If everyone on Earth fainted and was out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds, there would be a lot of explosions.

circ
09-27-2009, 02:51 AM
looked pretty good
... they'll cancel it like the 4400, jericho, prey, carpoolers..hmm what else ... what else

AFBlue
09-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Saw it...intriguing initial plot (almost the whole world blacks out and their conciousness flashes forward over 6 months), but they need to follow through with good character development.

I'll definitely give it a few more weeks because of its potential.

JudynTX
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Saw it...intriguing initial plot (almost the whole world blacks out and their conciousness flashes forward over 6 months), but they need to follow through with good character development.

I'll definitely give it a few more weeks because of its potential.

There was already a LOST reference. There's a billboard of Oceanic Airlines in one of the scenes. :D

sonic21
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
There was already a LOST reference. There's a billboard of Oceanic Airlines in one of the scenes. :D

I think it is a hint as to how Lost will end, in other words the whole thing will be undone and the Oceanic flight will land normally. :wow

PakiDan
09-27-2009, 05:46 PM
All of you are too critical. Too many critics! It was entertaining! I thought the visuals were awesome, and it kept my attention. Win for me!

exstatic
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Link: Used in many films and TV shows (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanic_Airlines)

METALMiKE
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I found it very odd that Seth McFarlane was in it.

and I think the the little boy's (the one who is in the hospital) father is the man seen in the camera in Detroit.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Pretty good show after 3 episodes. I hope it catches on.

Stringer_Bell
10-09-2009, 03:33 AM
I found myself wavering between being annoyed at the conversational exchanges and feeling involved in some of the well-done performances in Episode 3, I missed Ep2.

Next week is looking good though, Harold from White Castle is a good actor and I hope they find a way to keep his character around.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I found myself wavering between being annoyed at the conversational exchanges and feeling involved in some of the well-done performances in Episode 3, I missed Ep2.

Next week is looking good though, Harold from White Castle is a good actor and I hope they find a way to keep his character around.

Some of the comedic lines seem weak but the acting generally seems pretty good. You should go back and watch episode 2.

I think that when a show first starts out there are usually forced parts as they figure out what works so I'm hoping things smooth out over time.

exstatic
10-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I found it very odd that Seth McFarlane was in it.

and I think the the little boy's (the one who is in the hospital) father is the man seen in the camera in Detroit.

Since the boy's mother was killed in the blackout, and he was brought into the ER within minutes of the blackout, how did papa get from Detroit all the way to LA in a matter of minutes?

JudynTX
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Pretty good show after 3 episodes. I hope it catches on.

:tu This show is delivering, imo. I'm thinking that some of those who say they had flash forwards might just be dreams instead. The father who had his daughter's body exhumed only to find out it was really her. :( In his FF, maybe he's dead.

Since the boy's mother was killed in the blackout, and he was brought into the ER within minutes of the blackout, how did papa get from Detroit all the way to LA in a matter of minutes?

I didn't think of that. Hmmmmmmm

And it doesn't look like this is the only time a FF has occurred. Those dying crows! :wow

JoeChalupa
10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I want to know what the hell the hemisphere tower is doing in the desert. But I've been watching it.

JudynTX
10-21-2009, 01:02 PM
B2B....are you still watching? :lol

exstatic
11-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Wow.

Shelly
11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Tonight's episode was the best one so far!

easjer
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Excellent episode. I love this show a lot.

For whoever mentioned the LOST link being a hint as to how Lost will end - nope. The creators worked on Lost and love Lost; it's a shoutout, nothing more. They also shout out to various companies/projects they've worked on through a few episodes.

exstatic
11-05-2009, 11:51 PM
They had been teasing about the "change the future" thing for weeks. I was so shocked when it happened, I actually yelled in my living room. :wow

JudynTX
11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
:wow What an intense episode!

I started wondering last night, the FF date is 4-29-10 correct? What if that is the day that LOST ends, coincidence or no? :lol

:depressed @ the end WTF

Shelly
11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
is it next thursday yet???

MannyIsGod
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Really solid episode. I liked that guy though, so it sucks.

The writing has gotten so much better after the first few episodes. It was good to start, but a new show feeling itself out takes a bit to find the groove. For instance you don't see any of the misplaced comedy you saw in the first few episodes. The characters are getting fleshed out extremely well and I'm really really liking this show.

I don't think I've liked a new show this much since I first watched Lost.

JudynTX
11-06-2009, 11:49 AM

That's exactly what ABC wants to hear. :D

Shelly
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM

The writing has gotten so much better after the first few episodes. It was good to start, but a new show feeling itself out takes a bit to find the groove. For instance you don't see any of the misplaced comedy you saw in the first few episodes. The characters are getting fleshed out extremely well and I'm really really liking this show.

Yeah--The first episode was great and then it seemed like every other episode was mediocre--especially dragging out the Olivia/Mark scenario. Then it really picked up with the DC and Janis getting shot episode. It looks like next week they get more into Simon/Lloyd.

And what about those damn crows in Somalia and the planet of the apes structures?

easjer
11-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Never watched Lost, but overall I agree. In many ways, this reminds me of the best parts of Jericho and why I loved that show so much.

(for anyone who doesn't know, this was in fact picked up for the full season. And the story arc that was initially proposed is a 3-7 year arc; meaning that they CAN tell the whole story in as little as 3 seasons or as many as 7, but ideally, they are hoping for 5 seasons to tell the entire story, but either way, we are going to see this entire season, which does, in fact, take us to the flash forward date.)

Shelly
11-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Never watched Lost, but overall I agree. In many ways, this reminds me of the best parts of Jericho and why I loved that show so much.

(for anyone who doesn't know, this was in fact picked up for the full season. And the story arc that was initially proposed is a 3-7 year arc; meaning that they CAN tell the whole story in as little as 3 seasons or as many as 7, but ideally, they are hoping for 5 seasons to tell the entire story, but either way, we are going to see this entire season, which does, in fact, take us to the flash forward date.)

I was going to ask if it was picked up for a full season. Me thinks that there may be more FFs after April

pkbpkb81
11-06-2009, 03:51 PM
my buddy turned me on to this so i got cought up on hulu the other night and will check out the new one over the weekend, i really dig it

MannyIsGod
11-06-2009, 03:56 PM
You would have been really cool - if the guy in Olivia's flash foward had been Desmond from Lost. :lol

EmptyMan
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM

It worked for lost though.

Lost was pretty much...

Weird stuff happening all over the place...wtf is going on...how the hell?...a polar bear on an island?...who the hell is that?..."Trust us this can all be explained in real world possibilities"...wtf?...more strangers!?...*3 seasons pass*..."okay okay, there are demi-gods running the island."

wait wut?

exstatic
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I was going to ask if it was picked up for a full season. Me thinks that there may be more FFs after April

Since this wasn't the first FF, I'd say you're probably right. It's a neat way to write out that pesky actor that wants a raise.

It would be kinda interesting if they dropped on in the middle of Season One, without everything being resolved or understood about the first one.

Shelly
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
My sister and were talking about this earlier. So Lloyd and Simon supposedly caused the blackout and they had a FF...BUT...Suspect Zero at the stadium did not (as far as we know)! They haven't mentioned him lately.

pkbpkb81
11-08-2009, 12:50 AM
ok so just the daughters leg is in the casket and that's what they did the dna test on

JudynTX
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
My sister and were talking about this earlier. So Lloyd and Simon supposedly caused the blackout and they had a FF...BUT...Suspect Zero at the stadium did not (as far as we know)! They haven't mentioned him lately.

Yea, why haven't they mentioned Suspect Zero again?

JudynTX
11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Did you all know this?

ABC has pushed the Pause button on "Flash Forward."

The network has stopped production on the freshman drama series for this week.

The six-day hiatus had been built into the show's schedule, a rep for the network said.

"They want to maintain the high quality of the show, and this gives the writers the opportunity to do so," the rep said.

The hiatus comes on the heels of "Flash Forward" hitting a series low last Thursday.

Additionally, co-showrunner/executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently left the heavily serialized sci-fi series, with co-creator/exec producer David Goyer stepping in as sole showrunner.

"Flash Forward" is the second freshman series to go on a non-holiday hiatus in the past week. Comedy "Cougar Town" was shut down so star Courteney Cox can deal with personal issues.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3iaa762ed987ea397352b5c296d61f5a4c

BacktoBasics
11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Haven't heard any word on cancellations but it seems like a few shows are going to get cut. I just hope they don't ax Modern Family. Loving that show.

JudynTX
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Haven't heard any word on cancellations but it seems like a few shows are going to get cut. I just hope they don't ax Modern Family. Loving that show.

:tu :tu Great show, it has the potential to last a long time.

Tonight we get to see Gloria jumping up and down on a trampoline. Do you think her accent is real or fake? :lol

BacktoBasics
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
:tu :tu Great show, it has the potential to last a long time.

Tonight we get to see Gloria jumping up and down on a trampoline. Do you think her accent is real or fake? :lol
She has an accent? Didn't notice.

JudynTX
11-25-2009, 03:46 PM
She has an accent? Didn't notice.

:lol Last weeks was pretty funny. Ed Norton as the Spandau Ballet singer.

BacktoBasics
11-25-2009, 03:47 PM
:lol Last weeks was pretty funny. Ed Norton as the Spandau Ballet singer.I have it on DVR. Just haven't watched it yet.

JudynTX
11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I have it on DVR. Just haven't watched it yet.

Ooops

BacktoBasics
11-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I actually like that other show too. With the kid who talks to himself. The nerdy sister cracks me up.

Jacob1983
11-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Why did ABC give this show a full season if they were just going to cancel after just one season? Pretty stupid if you ask me. And it's even dumber to tease people and let this show only have one season when everyone knows that this show is serialized. I like the show. I will admit that the show isn't perfect but it's original and new. Why doesn't ABC cancel their shitty annoying doctor dramas and give shows like Flash Forward a chance?

leemajors
11-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Why did ABC give this show a full season if they were just going to cancel after just one season? Pretty stupid if you ask me. And it's even dumber to tease people and let this show only have one season when everyone knows that this show is serialized. I like the show. I will admit that the show isn't perfect but it's original and new. Why doesn't ABC cancel their shitty annoying doctor dramas and give shows like Flash Forward a chance?

They are probably willing to go with shows that don't depreciate in ratings weeks in a row by around 20%.

exstatic
11-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Yea, why haven't they mentioned Suspect Zero again?

??? They have. They are improving the resolution of the stadium shot to the point where they can now see he has one of the Blue Hand rings on his finger. That was only like an episode ago.

My guess is that Dr. Seduce and steal your wife and Charlie from Lost only THINK they caused the FFs.

JudynTX
12-04-2009, 10:16 AM
WTF? Mark kills Demetri? :wow

circ
12-06-2009, 05:16 AM
wtf thanks for the spoiler ! :(
but thanks for the reminder to watch on hulu :D

exstatic
12-06-2009, 10:48 AM
wtf thanks for the spoiler ! :(
but thanks for the reminder to watch on hulu :D

wtf opening a thread about a show you're not current on?

I'm thinking that a ton of (stupid) people were turned off by the suicide, instead of seeing it as the future being changed. It also (probably) wasn't pointless, since it well may save that woman's life. People don't appreciate the value of surprise in life. It's why I watch Mad Men and Weeds.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Weeds was good in the first few seasons then when they moved to San Diego I lost interest. I should catch up though.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh and fuck making me wait till March. Assholes.

exstatic
12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh and fuck making me wait till March. Assholes.

Everybody does that shit. Fucking Lost won't even START until January. I don't even know when Heroes will resume.

I have the first four seasons of Weeds on Blu-ray. Season five comes out soon. Four had a pretty good cliff hanger.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Everybody does that shit. Fucking Lost won't even START until January. I don't even know when Heroes will resume.

I have the first four seasons of Weeds on Blu-ray. Season five comes out soon. Four had a pretty good cliff hanger.

February bro. 2/2 is the start of Lost. Sucks but at least there is no break.