PDA

View Full Version : Self-righteous, condescending c-words!

Fpoonsie
09-25-2009, 10:20 AM
So, I get home last night and my apartment complex is overrun w/ bar patrons. So MUCH so that I have no place to park in my OWN parking lot -- the SAME parking lot where I was under the impression you needed a STICKER to park in. As most seem to do these days, I updated my FB status to mirror my frustration. It read:

"Chris Chaffin would like to invite ALL the individuals that are currently parked ILLEGALLY in his apt parking lot and galavanting off to R-Bar to kindly fornicate their maternal parental units."

I know the word choice was a little awkward, but that'll be explained in a moment. The next morning, I receive THIS comment from my former church's worship team leader:

"Wow, Chris. Remember my sweet little daughter, Kerrigan, who you used to love to hang with? We still have a picture framed with you & her when she was about 3. Well, she's eleven now, has a cell phone, is already deciding what car she wants to drive and has her first crush on a boy at school. She's thinking she wants a Facebook, too. But after reading your status, I guess I'm grateful she doesn't have a Facebook & isn't a friend with you. Praying for you and have been for some time. In fact, praying for all the prodigals to come home."

:bang Of course, that only served to upset me more. My response:

"I was really pissed off last night, Rilee. I chose specific language so as to not IMMEDIATELY shock and appall, being all TOO aware of some of the people that requested me as a friend. However, I'm not gonna go THAT far outta my way to protect people's sensitivities anymore.

And while I still remember Kerrigan fondly, my trivial Facebook status should be the LEAST of your concerns w/ regards to what she is or is going to be exposed to.

And just an fyi, tryin to put me "on blast" (so to speak) over FB isn't the BEST way to round up a "prodigal"."

She then responds w/ a smiley face...and sends me a msg in my inbox:

"Yeah, you're right. I should have put it in a message instead on your page. Sorry about that but not about the rest. Still praying for you. All lot of us are. Love you."

See, THIS is the reason I hesitated when accepting friend requests from people like her in the FIRST place. I'm 25 fucking years old, goddammit! You can't talk down to me like I'm a child simply because you "remember me when". FUCK that! FUCK her!

:bang

Kermit
09-25-2009, 10:24 AM
you goin' to hell boy!

JudynTX
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Wait a minute, what's this worship team leader doing on Facebook? :lol

Spur-Addict
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Right on bro. There's no reason for you not to have a parking space.

If someone doesn't like your Facebook status, they can just remove you. There was no need to her to "Put you on blast".

ChumpDumper
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
You should get the number for the towing company your complex uses. They'll appreciate the business.

BacktoBasics
09-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Whats an 11 year old doing on facebook in the first place.

Kermit
09-25-2009, 10:34 AM

i thought it was for eleven year olds.

thispego
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Hah, that's the nature of facebook. I deleted that bullshit and will never look back

Fpoonsie
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Wait a minute, what's this worship team leader doing on Facebook? :lol

Dunno. Keepin a holier-than-thou eye on the strayin flock?

Right on bro. There's no reason for you not to have a parking space.

If someone doesn't like your Facebook status, they can just remove you. There was no need to her to "Put you on blast".

That's what I'm thinkin...on BOTH counts.

You should get the number for the towing company your complex uses. They'll appreciate the business.

To be honest, it's the first thing I thought of. However, after talking to a couple of the residents there, they seem to consider it simply a "necessary evil" of living relatively close to campus, and advised me that if I wanted to park there, I should get back before 11pm or after 2am. Wtf?!? Back in CS, students would park at IHOP or the McDonald's and walk to Northgate...and the local towing companies had a fucking FIELD day w/ 'em.

:lol Fuck! I should've responded w/ that.

ginobili's bald spot
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM
You were clearly joking.This self righteous judgmental broad needs to remove the stick and learn how to take a joke.

BigBoy
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
You always have to be careful what you write on Facebook.

ChumpDumper
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
To be honest, it's the first thing I thought of. However, after talking to a couple of the residents there, they seem to consider it simply a "necessary evil" of living relatively close to campus, and advised me that if I wanted to park there, I should get back before 11pm or after 2am. Wtf?!? Back in CS, students would park at IHOP or the McDonald's and walk to Northgate...and the local towing companies had a fucking FIELD day w/ 'em.Fuck them in their facebooks. If there's a sign saying they'll be towed, get them towed.

step up to the mike
09-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Tow it!

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
A quick update followed by a new pain in the ass.

The cunt that sent me the original verbal shu-lacking ended up deleting it a day or so later. Which was fine, except I wasn't aware until a day or so after THAT, so until then, I looked like a crazy bastard yelling at no one. Anyways...

Last night, I get home and notice an older coworker of mine had THIS status:

Joe
On the most fun night of the year, Halloween night, I must work at Blockbuster until midnight. (Apparently, I missed requesting that night off.) So, if anyone is hanging around Corinth, bring your kids and Halloween to our store. I will buy some candy to distribute to kids in their costume. I can assure you, overalls, boots and a pillowcase does not qualify as a costume and candy holder.

Just for fun (more or less), I wrote this in response:

Chris Chaffin
But make sure you wait until AFTER 10pm to drag in your rambunctious lil bastards. I could do w/o that headache. Thanks!

To which he responded:

Joe
Anyone who brings their kids, all the candy will be at Chris' till. I will make sure he will be assigned to the first one. If you have any problems with his lil attitude, let me know.

Again, to which I replied:

Chris Chaffin
I will feed on the hearts of any of the costumed young that come within a foot of my register asking for "treats".

Yet, after waking up this morning, I noticed that my FINAL response had been deleted and I had received THIS in my inbox:

Please be careful of what you say about kids. I am familiar with your humor, but someone wrote me privately about it. Borderline pedophilia.

:wow What. the. fuck? Maybe I'm simply being naive, but HOW could what I said be misconstrued as REMOTELY pederast in nature?

I swear to God, adults/parents/religious folks are RUINING Facebook. Add it to the list, I suppose.

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 10:08 AM
You need to remove yourself from the lives of a large majority of the people around you.

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
damnit poonsie let the kids have their candy and keep your junk behind the counter.

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
You need to remove yourself from the lives of a large majority of the people around you.

Well, see, that's the thing. I DID remove myself. I no longer attend that church (or ANY church, for that matter), nor do I even live in tha fucking city. Most of the judgmental types I grew up w/ or around simply FOUND me.

I dunno. I suppose the lesson for me here is you're bound to run into these types REGARDLESS of where you end up. I thought Dallas was a bit more "progressive" (or whatever else you may wanna call it)...CERTAINLY moreso than College Station.

:depressed

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, see, that's the thing. I DID remove myself. I no longer attend that church (or ANY church, for that matter), nor do I even live in tha fucking city. Most of the judgmental types I grew up w/ or around simply FOUND me.

I dunno. I suppose the lesson for me here is you're bound to run into these types REGARDLESS of where you end up. I thought Dallas was a bit more "progressive" (or whatever else you may wanna call it)...CERTAINLY moreso than College Station.

:depressedI found Dallas and its suburbs to be a step down from modern society.

CosmicCowboy
10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
It's REALLY simple.

Don't post on Facebook.

Problem solved.

I. Hustle
10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I knew I recognized something about you. Prodigals recognize prodigals lol.

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
just realize what it is.

for most people it's their real name, and is used for keeping up with friends and family.

it's not the anonymous off the cuff playground that spurstalk is.

paki linked the two and you see what happened...keep them separate or face the consequences!

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 11:08 AM
It's REALLY simple.

Don't post on Facebook.

Problem solved.

A Michael Bolton (no, not THAT one) quote comes to mind:

"Why should I [stop posting]? [THEY'RE] the one[s] that suck."*

*edited for relatability.

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I knew I recognized something about you. Prodigals recognize prodigals lol.

:lol

:toast

just realize what it is.

for most people it's their real name, and is used for keeping up with friends and family.

it's not the anonymous off the cuff playground that spurstalk is.

paki linked the two and you see what happened...keep them separate or face the consequences!

I don't really think I've been behaving out of line here. I don't think I'm THAT far out of touch w/ what may push some buttons, and so far, I think I've been relatively tame.

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't really think I've been behaving out of line here. I don't think I'm THAT far out of touch w/ what may push some buttons, and so far, I think I've been relatively tame.

oh i don't think you were out of line at all, but apparently somebody with a stick up their ass who's opinion matters to your buddy did...

Mark in Austin
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM

+1

If you think it felt good to bitch on facebook, just wait until you're watching those cars getting towed away.

Hell, if there are enough ofthem you might be able to negotiate a "finder's fee" from the towing company...

thispego
10-26-2009, 12:17 PM
It's REALLY simple.

Don't post on Facebook.

Problem solved.

goddamnit cc when you're right, you're right.

anybody who uses facebook and posts their thoughts for all to see deserve whatever they get. and frankly, I dont really want to hear anything else about facebook, myspace, or twitter on this forum anymore. :bang

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 12:40 PM
goddamnit cc when you're right, you're right.

anybody who uses facebook and posts their thoughts for all to see deserve whatever they get. and frankly, I dont really want to hear anything else about facebook, myspace, or twitter on this forum anymore. :bang

I understand your frustration. And you're right...I deserve whatever I get on a public forum like that. Same as on ST.

I guess my real problem is just this holier-than-thou attitude that's still prevalent amongst seemingly everyone I come into contact w/. To this day, it infuriates me. Well, that, and when I first posted this thread, the parking situation.

But again, you're right. If I want to remain a part of that kind of...whatEVER...I set myself up for public/private ridicule.

thispego
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
most people are dumb. if you know you are above them then why do you let them bring you down?

Fpoonsie
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
most people are dumb. if you know you are above them then why do you let them bring you down?

Insecurities? A guilty conscience? Who tha fuck knows?

xellos88330
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
People keep telling me to "sweep the leg". Maybe there is something to that?

Personally, I don't care what she would have said to me. I would have just flashed her a goofy smile and start an explanation on why I was so angry using the same kind of condescending tone.

Quite often you will find that people who have religion a huge part of their lives will often act that way. They are thinking they are using a kind tone, but they really are just using a tone that you would use for little kids. It really irritates me.

Crookshanks
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. You're trying to run away from God and the people at the church - but then you let them be your facebook friends and that means they can see whatever you post. I have a nephew who is 26 and he's one of my facebook friends, but he's hidden because I don't want to read about his drunken escapades or read the profanity-laced comments of him and his friends.

Facebook is a public forum - so don't put anything on there that you don't want ALL of your "friends" to see. And maybe that woman didn't use the right tone - but I think she cares about you and is disappointed in your life choices.

One last thing - you can't run away from God.

thispego
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM

:lmao

Kermit
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. You're trying to run away from God and the people at the church - but then you let them be your facebook friends and that means they can see whatever you post. I have a nephew who is 26 and he's one of my facebook friends, but he's hidden because I don't want to read about his drunken escapades or read the profanity-laced comments of him and his friends.

Facebook is a public forum - so don't put anything on there that you don't want ALL of your "friends" to see. And maybe that woman didn't use the right tone - but I think she cares about you and is disappointed in your life choices.

usain bolt would beg to differ.

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
facebook can also tend to carry a more casual internet user that has not yet been desensitized as most of us have...

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
:lmaoEvery time I read shit like that I laugh.

Bukefal
10-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Facebook sucks

ploto
10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
So the worship leader who bought a cell phone for the 11 year old daughter, who is discussing with her what kind of car she wants, and who is considering having her get a Facebook page is judging how you live your life?

CosmicCowboy
10-26-2009, 05:34 PM
facebook can also tend to carry a more casual internet user that has not yet been desensitized as most of us have...

Desensitived...:lmao...great description...

That's what is so very cool about Spurstalk...you can say exactly exactly what you want and not have to worry about some mod with a corncob up their ass bitch slapping you.

I also post at a bow hunting website that is so over-moderated it's fucking laughable...even on my absolute best behavior I get slapped down frequently hehehe...those guys wrote the book on sanctimonious assholes.

Stringer_Bell
10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
"Praying for you and have been for some time. In fact, praying for all the prodigals to come home."

Reading that reminds me of how the crazy Islamo-fascists use the word "infidel." Very religious folks are the ones that draw the divided line and put themselves on the good side to make themselves look like beacons of hope and examples of "good" living...they just want to make the rest of us feel guilty, don't fall for it. :nope

Dro210
10-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I feel you man... I've had people like that, old church people, conservative family members, co-workers, people who wouldn't "approve" of what I'm about... I've just denied their requests cause I knew this is what would happen.

Also gotta hate the friends that have gotten themselves into this situation, and then try and act offended when you say somethin controversial on their status or something. Puttin on for those other people. Fuck off.

pawe
10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I have some of my church leaders added in my facebook account and they wont be happy with the "fucks", "shits" and "retards" status updates when Matt Bonner starts to fuck up his defensive assignments. Point is: forget about them. They have no idea on what kind of sick perverted things their kids see on the internet anyway.

And don't tow the car parked in your space, they will key the hell out of your ride.

Fpoonsie
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I had responded to my coworkers reprimand with this:

Chris Chaffin
What. tha. FUCK? Eating hearts is pedophilia? Whoever wrote you that is completely mental. Did he think that "eating hearts" was a metaphor for "touching penises"?

To which he replied:

Joe
Maybe she confused pedophilia with cannibalism. Both are mentally disturbing. It is wise to be careful what you say about kids. Thank you.

I suppose it was an honest mistake. I mean, who DOESN'T confuse the two on a daily basis? :rolleyes

If it IS, in fact, a guilty conscience, it's doing nothing to rally me in. I've been dealing w/ condemnation and the fear of DAMNation since the age of about 5 or 6. At this point, I resent everyone for who played a role in instilling that in me...even my father to some extent, whom I love dearly, and has since passed away.

That kind've "reaching out" is just about as effective as the loon shouting on the corner of the grassy knoll at school, yelling at students walking to their next class that "HELL IS REAL!"...only w/ the volume turned down.