Taco
09-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Plaxico's hostile reception

Jeers and insults from Rikers inmates

By LAURA ITALIANO and KEVIN FASICK
Last Updated: 10:33 AM, September 24, 2009
Posted: 3:28 AM, September 24, 2009

And he thought Cowboys fans were nasty.

Plaxico Burress got a zero's welcome behind bars at Rikers Island, including taunts of "a - - hole!" and "The Giants suck!" according to jail guards.
"He was depressed," said one guard from Rikers, where the former Giants superstar spent his first-ever night behind bars. "He was trying to keep to himself, but everyone was yelling at him."
"These people got nothing," a second guard explained of the taunts. "What else are they gonna do?"
Burress began serving a two-year sentence yesterday for accidentally shooting himself in the thigh with his own Glock while drinking in the crowded VIP vestibule of the Latin Quarter nightclub in Midtown last November.

His stay at his first stop, Rikers, was brief. By 11 a.m. yesterday, he'd been driven upstate to the medium-security, 586-inmate Ulster Correctional Facility in Napanoch, an intake center where he'll be evaluated for more permanent placement elsewhere in the state prison system, said Correction Department spokeswoman Linda Foglia.
At Ulster, Burress was strip-searched. He was also shorn of his trademark goatee.
He got a shower, an ID card, an orientation session and his new wardrobe. That includes his hunter-green uniform tops and bottoms, a pair of black work boots, and a pair of white, low-top canvas sneakers.
His inmate number was also assigned: 09-R-3260.
Burress, 32, is in voluntary protective custody.
"He will be separated from the inmate population at all times and confined to a single cell," Foglia said. He'll only get out for three hours of recreation per day, plus his required meetings with counselors and medical and mental health staffers. He's allowed three showers a week and one visit per weekend, Foglia said. At 11 p.m., it's lights out.
With good behavior, the earliest Burress can be released is June 6, 2011, she said, after which he'll get another two years of postrelease supervision.
Defense lawyer Benjamin Brafman (http://www.nypost.com/t/Benjamin_Brafman) has told The Post that Burress and his family have employed a prison consultant to coach them on what to expect during his incarceration.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/plaxico_hostile_reception_CzDsuttBayVNkiC518FR2O

GuerillaBlack
09-25-2009, 12:35 PM
He shouldn't be in jail.

760Spursfan
09-25-2009, 12:37 PM
That sucks....its going to be a long sentence for Plaxico!

Spursfan092120
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
He shouldn't be in jail.
this. As much as I dislike the Giants, if he wasn't a celebrity, it never would have been reported from the hospital, and he never would have been arrested. I didn't always feel this way, but after thinking about it, seems he should have just been fined, if anything at all.

to21
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
He shouldn't be in jail.

LOL texans
09-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Agreed, I think its bullshit he got 2 freakin years in jail for shooting himself. A stiff penalty, probation and fine, but come on.

On a sidenote, I wonder if he'll find a boyfriend in jail

Whisky Dog
09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
The main reason he's there is because he was carrying an unregistered gun, and in a state you just don't carry unregistered guns. The law should be harsh on unregistered guns because who's carrying unregistered guns? Criminals. You're an NFL millionaire, buy the gun legally and registered. How stupid can u be?

DMX7
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Dumbass carring a gun around... I'm glad he shot himself. Fuck him.

Rappin' Shaq
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Yo Plax, I'ma wax on some Office Space shit
Either whoop somebody's ass or become somebody's bitch
Prison ain't no joke, no love for that place
Yo Plaxico, you bout to find out how ass taste

GuerillaBlack
09-25-2009, 03:21 PM
He carried the unregistered gun, but at least it was registered in Florida. It's not like he got it picked up from off the streets or whatever.

760Spursfan
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
He carried the unregistered gun, but at least it was registered in Florida. It's not like he got it picked up from off the streets or whatever.

Then he should have kept it in Florida and not in his pants at an NY club.

Dumbass carring a gun around... I'm glad he shot himself. Fuck him.

Agree I guess he's just "keepin it gangsta"

symple19
09-25-2009, 06:05 PM
He shouldn't be in jail.

He deserves AT LEAST 2 years for being a fucking dumbass. It's too bad he won't be in general population, where he'd be called "Patty" and spend half his time grabbing his ankles.

Nathan Explosion
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
He deserves AT LEAST 2 years for being a fucking dumbass. It's too bad he won't be in general population, where he'd be called "Patty" and spend half his time grabbing his ankles.

As opposed to someone like Donte Stallworth who actually killed someone.

All this jailing did was show how dumb the gun laws in NY are.

And this coming from a Cowboys fan who's actually for gun restriction to a degree.

Borosai
09-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Bullshit jail sentence.

baseline bum
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
2 years is ridiculous. I'm not saying he should go scot-free, but two years for accidentally shooting himself with a non-hot gun that he had registered in another state? Maybe a month or two max would have just. Plus, it's a fucking first offense! What a joke.

BUMP
09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Hopefully they don't tell Big Tim he's coming

Fabbs
09-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Plaxico's hostile reception

Jeers and insults from Rikers inmates

including taunts of... "The Giants suck!"
He helps bring the 1st Superbowl for the Giants since 1985, over the Cheatriots no less and these monkeys come up with "The Giants suck".

Talk about weak smack. :lol

symple19
09-26-2009, 04:40 PM
He helps bring the 1st Superbowl for the Giants since 1985, over the Cheatriots no less and these monkeys come up with "The Giants suck".

Talk about weak smack. :lol

You should tell those monkeys that up close and in person

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Cheatriots

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoGood one you replaced "Pat" with "Cheat":lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoThat's so funny and clever :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao It's funny cause the Patriots cheated :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-27-2009, 11:56 AM
The main reason he's there is because he was carrying an unregistered gun, and in a state you just don't carry unregistered guns. The law should be harsh on unregistered guns because who's carrying unregistered guns? Criminals. You're an NFL millionaire, buy the gun legally and registered. How stupid can u be?

It just shows how stupid the NY gun laws are.