PDA

View Full Version : boyfriend in closet...

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 08:13 AM
I can't find the story on the web anywhere but have seen this on TV yesterday and heard it on the radio this morning...

y'all heard about the guy that got beaten to death by his wifes boyfriend? Apparently the boyfriend had been living in his bedroom closet for a month and he discovered him because the boyfriend was snoring...the wifes boyfriend then attacked and killed him...

now is that whacked or what?

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
So which one was the boyfriend exactly?

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Suspect in slaying lived in couple's closet

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
Staff Writer

Husband followed snoring to wife's lover, police say

Hazel Freeman received her weekly telephone call from her son's home in Nashville around midnight Sunday, but instead of 35-year-old Jeffrey, it was her daughter-in-law on the other end of the line.

Martha Freeman explained that she was calling because she knew that Jeffrey always called his mother on Sunday night, and she didn't want her to worry, Hazel said. On this night, the wife explained, Jeffrey had gone to bed without calling.

''(Martha) said he was in the bed and she gave him Sudafed, gave him Aleve or Advil, gave him something I had never heard of,'' Hazel Freeman said in a telephone interview yesterday from her home in Bristol, Tenn.

Yesterday morning, two days after that phone call, Hazel Freeman learned that her son had been beaten to death inside his home by a man police said had been in a romantic relationship with Martha Freeman.

In fact, Rafael DeJesus Rocha-Perez — who has been jailed on murder charges — had been secretly living in the Freeman couple's closet for a month, investigators have learned.

About 10 p.m. Sunday night, Jeffrey Freeman heard snoring coming from a closet in the home and discovered Rocha-Perez sleeping inside. Jeffrey Freeman confronted his wife, who was also in the home, and demanded that she throw Rocha-Perez out.

Jeffrey Freeman then went for a walk, police said the wife told them.

When he returned, Rocha-Perez confronted the husband with a shotgun and ordered him inside a bathroom, police said.

On Monday afternoon, Martha Freeman went to a neighbor's home and asked them to call police. Officers found Jeffrey Freeman dead in the bathroom about 3:30 p.m. He had suffered serious head injuries.

Rocha-Perez was arrested after a neighbor reported seeing him in a home under construction nearby.

Martha Freeman, 40, has given statements to Metro police investigators, but ''serious time line questions'' remain that the wife has not answered, department officials said yesterday.

Police still don't know precisely when Jeffrey Freeman returned home from his walk or when he was killed. Investigators also want to know exactly what Martha Freeman did before and after her husband was beaten to death and how long it took her to call for help.

Police also are scrutinizing details of Martha Freeman's phone calls in the hours before he was found dead.

As of last night, police were referring to the wife as a witness and not a suspect in the crime. A telephone message left for Martha Freeman at her home was not returned yesterday.

''A couple of times a year, we get a case that is eyebrow-raising,'' said Don Aaron, Metro police spokesman. ''This one is the most eyebrow-raising we've had here in a while. It is rather bizarre.''

The victim's mother said the Sunday night phone call she received from her daughter-in-law offered no hint that anything was wrong.

''She sounded happy as a lark,'' Hazel Freeman said.

At the time of her interview with The Tennessean, the mother had yet to be interviewed by police detectives. She learned of her son's death only hours earlier, from Jeffrey's only brother.

''I just can't believe this happened,'' she said. ''I still can't cry.''

Jeffrey and Martha Freeman worked as licensed private investigators since 1998 and operated an office in Brentwood.

The Freemans' $300,000 home is in the upscale Mountain View subdivision of south Nashville.

Hazel Freeman said she knew few details about her son's marriage with his wife because he wouldn't discuss much about the relationship, even though some relatives sensed the union was rocky, she said.

This past Christmas, Martha skipped a trip to Jeffrey's Bristol home for a family gathering. Instead, Jeffrey showed up by himself, his mother said.

''I don't know much about their home life,'' Freeman said. ''But she pulled him around by the neck.''

Those who knew Jeffrey Freeman best were struggling yesterday to make sense of the death of a man they described as ''passive,'' ''nice'' and ''helpful.''

''Jeff did not understand the principles of fighting,'' said Tom Bianconi, a Nashville trucking company owner who considered Jeffrey Freeman his best friend. ''He did not understand altercations.

''He would have done anything to avoid any kind of conflict. He was very kind.''

Bianconi said Jeffrey Freeman, a graduate of the University of Tennessee, formerly worked as a disc jockey in Knoxville, had a deep knowledge of music and often would wax on about conservative politics. He was known as someone who could quickly rattle off the names of songs, songwriters, artists and music labels.

''He could think faster and better than any computer you have on your desk,'' Bianconi said.

The couple's business, Resifax, 783 Old Hickory Blvd, provides landlords with financial and criminal histories of potential tenants, according to its Web site.

A statement released yesterday by employees of the firm said the workers plan to continue operating the business.

''We are shocked and deeply saddened by the recent tragic events that took place at the home of our company founders,'' the statement said. ''Jeff was a wonderful man who loved life and loved the company that was so much a part of his life.''

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Man beaten to death after catching wife's lover living in closet

By COLIN FLY
Associated Press
Posted April 13 2005, 8:38 AM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A man was beaten to death after catching his wife's lover living in a closet in their home, police said Tuesday.

Rafael DeJesus Rocha-Perez, 35, was charged with homicide in the slaying of 44-year-old Jeffrey A. Freeman over the weekend.

"From time to time, you come across a case with very unique -- even bizarre -- circumstances," police spokesman Don Aaron said. "This one probably rates right up there with them."

Freeman's wife had allowed Rocha-Perez to live in a closet of the Freemans' four-bedroom home for about a month without her husband's knowledge, police said. On Sunday, her husband heard Rocha-Perez snoring and discovered him, authorities said.

Freeman ordered his wife to get the man out of the house while he went for a walk, authorities said. Martha Freeman told authorities that when her husband returned, Rocha-Perez confronted him with a shotgun, forced him into a bathroom and bludgeoned him.

The Freemans were co-owners of a company that does background checks for apartment rental and job applicants.

SpursWoman
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
So I guess it's a good thing I haven't replaced my closet doors yet? :angel

sa_butta
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.ananova.com/news/lp.html?keywords=Quirkies
more crazy stories

Clandestino
04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
licensed PI? he must've been a shitty PI if he didn't know his wife's lover was living in a closet in his for over a month!

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 09:21 AM
licensed PI? he must've been a shitty PI if he didn't know his wife's lover was living in a closet in his for over a month!

I'd imagine it must have been a damn big house.

Clandestino
04-13-2005, 09:24 AM
I'd imagine it must have been a damn big house.

$300,000, 4 bedroom home in Nashville...

bigzak25
04-13-2005, 09:28 AM
i hope the wife gets charged with SOMETHING at least....

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Ok, there has to be more to this!

How could you live in a closet for a month and not be detected?

How could the guy not notice him?

Why live in a fucking closet? What was that nut thinking? (I do realize he was a killer.)

What the hell was the wife thinking?

I wouldn't have gone for a walk. I would have gone for a bat, no wait, a shotgun.

And SW, I'm installing all glass closet doors when I get off of work.

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok, there has to be more to this!

How could you live in a closet for a month and not be detected?

How could the guy not notice him?

I'm giving the husband some credit and hoping that it was like a pantry closet in the basement or something.

I wouldn't have gone for a walk. I would have gone for a bat, no wait, a shotgun.

That's the part that's fishy. I don't think the guy would have gone for a walk at that point.

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah like on a cartoon where the character goes to the closet to get something and a hand comes out and gives him what he was looking for and they don't notice. I'm sorry, but I still find it hard to believe he didn't notice. This is like the "abducted" prison wradens wife.

Clandestino
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
crazy, crazy story.. hopefully, we'll find out more under intense interrogation!

timvp
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Hmmm...

Is this why when looking for houses Kori Ellis insisted on huge walk in closets?

:makemyday

SpursWoman
04-13-2005, 10:54 AM
And SW, I'm installing all glass closet doors when I get off of work.

But I wanted the mirrored ones.......... :nerd

gay abc
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM
i once had a boyfriend who was in the closet
:lol

Jekka
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
i once had a boyfriend who was in the closet
:lol

So did I. :spin

Solid D
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
If the husband was the type of person who avoided confrontation and fighting, then tellling his wife to have the man leave their home and then going for a walk to sort things out makes some sense, I guess. It's not how most men would react, that's for sure.

It's a bizarre story and not something that most people would be able to get a way with.

Shelly
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Maybe he thought he was Lazlo Hollyfeld from Real Genius.

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Maybe he thought he was Lazlo Hollyfeld from Real Genius.

Holy crap, what a far out reference!

Shelly
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Were you even born when that movie came out????

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Were you even born when that movie came out????

That came out in 1985, you most be losing your memory. :p

Samurai Jane
04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
So did I. :spin
So did I!

Shelly
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
That came out in 1985, you most be losing your memory. :p

They say the memory is first to go, my friend. :depressed

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
They say the memory is first to go, my friend. :depressed

Do you remember what's next? :p

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Do you remember what's next? :p

It's hard to remember what goes next after the memory...:lol

JoeChalupa
04-13-2005, 07:31 PM
This incident may prevent others from coming out of the closet.