PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Ball Rolling: 2009-10 NBA Season Predictions

TIMMYD!
09-25-2009, 09:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/260461-oktoberfest-getting-the-ball-rolling-2009-10-nba-season-predictions

Western Conference

Unfortunately, I think there are only two teams in the West that are TRUE contenders. The others will just even themselves out. Upsets are possible, but not very likely. The Western Conference once again will be the dominant one, where it will take 50-54 wins just to be seeded eighth.

1. San Antonio Spurs: After an injury-plagued season, I think the Spurs are the favorite to win it all. For me to say that is monumental, since I've loathed the Spurs ever since they cheated and drafted Tim Duncan. Their offseason acquisitions were second to none, getting players who know their roles and fit into the fabric of the team.

Richard Jefferson gives Duncan much needed athleticism and versatility. Antonio McDyess gives Duncan the best low post player and defender since David Robinson. Also coupled with last years deal for Roger Mason and their overall health, I think they are the team to beat.

San Antonio is always in the mix, but this year looks better than ever, since they have a great mix of veterans and youth.

Thompson
09-25-2009, 10:14 PM
However, on that sunny day in June, I see Tim Duncan holding that trophy with Richard Jefferson getting Finals MVP. For the San Antonio Spurs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/260461-oktoberfest-getting-the-ball-rolling-2009-10-nba-season-predictions/page/4

That would be sweet. Bring in Splitter next summer, resign Ginobili and Mason, repeat. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but that would be so freaking awesome. Duncan would tie Jordan with 6 rings.

EricB
09-25-2009, 10:18 PM
For me to say that is monumental, since I've loathed the Spurs ever since they cheated and drafted Tim Duncan.

I stopped reading after this...

TIMMYD!
09-25-2009, 10:21 PM

I wanted to also but the other good stuff he said about the Spurs outweighed it.

09-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Antonio McDyess gives Duncan the best low post player and defender since David Robinson.
is mcdyess a good low post defender? i doubt he's better than kurt thomas.

Chieflion
09-26-2009, 04:47 AM
is mcdyess a good low post defender? i doubt he's better than kurt thomas.
McDyess is definitely better than Thomas when it comes to mobility. Duncan can defend the centers so Dice would have to be mobile enough to guard the 4s, which he is capable of.

WildcardManu
09-26-2009, 01:31 PM

That's just an opinion, you can't take it serious.

Spurm
09-26-2009, 02:31 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/260461-oktoberfest-getting-the-ball-rolling-2009-10-nba-season-predictions

Western Conference

Unfortunately, I think there are only two teams in the West that are TRUE contenders. The others will just even themselves out. Upsets are possible, but not very likely. The Western Conference once again will be the dominant one, where it will take 50-54 wins just to be seeded eighth.

1. San Antonio Spurs: After an injury-plagued season, I think the Spurs are the favorite to win it all. For me to say that is monumental, since I've loathed the Spurs ever since they cheated and drafted Tim Duncan. Their offseason acquisitions were second to none, getting players who know their roles and fit into the fabric of the team.

Richard Jefferson gives Duncan much needed athleticism and versatility. Antonio McDyess gives Duncan the best low post player and defender since David Robinson. Also coupled with last years deal for Roger Mason and their overall health, I think they are the team to beat.

San Antonio is always in the mix, but this year looks better than ever, since they have a great mix of veterans and youth.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha :lmao :rollin

bobby4germany
09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
However, on that sunny day in June, I see Tim Duncan holding that trophy with Richard Jefferson getting Finals MVP. For the San Antonio Spurs.

My dream would be more like this:

However, on that sunny day in June, I see Tim Duncan holding that trophy with MANU getting Finals MVP for the San Antonio Spurs.

:flag:

TIMMYD!
09-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I want Tim to get another Finals MVP.

ginobilized
09-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I'd be happy with the Larry O'Brien trophy for the Spurs...heck, let Bonner have the MVP....just get that damn trophy!

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2009, 07:13 PM
timmy to post 25ppg 15rpg 5apg 4bpg = mvp + dpoy

TD 21
09-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I want Tim to get another Finals MVP.

So do I. One more and he's alone in second (currently he's tied with Johnson and O'Neal with three) place all-time in Finals MVP's to Jordan (who has six),with four.

There's another reason though. I think people have been too quick to write him off. He's obviously no longer at his absolute peak, but he hasn't yet and shouldn't (because of the vast differences in their games and bodies) be due for a steep decline, a la O'Neal. With all that he's accomplished he deserves to at least be given the benefit of the doubt.

TD 21
09-26-2009, 07:43 PM
In the event that it does happen, I see virtually no realistic scenario whereby Jefferson wins Finals MVP. If I were to designate percentages on the chances of a particular player winning it, it would go like this: Duncan - 40%, Parker - 40%, Ginobili - 20%.

It probably comes down to match-ups more than anything. Since I'm predicting (if they're both healthy) a Spurs vs Celtics finals, the match-ups aren't particularly good for either Duncan or Parker. The Celtics possess arguably the single toughest match-up in the league to defend either of them, in Wallace (throw in Perkins and Garnett and Duncan would have his hands full) and Rondo.

TIMMYD!
09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
timmy to post 25ppg 15rpg 5apg 4bpg = mvp + dpoy

I dream about that happening like once a week.