PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Team of the Decade: San Antonio Spurs

ezau
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/090925_teamofdecade.html

Let the flame war begin. Coulburn and Lakalava are going to be all over this hehehe :flag:

KSeal
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Congratulations.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Not me. I wanted it...I didn't get it...it is what it is.

ezau
09-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Congratulations.

Thank you :toast

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Christ-a-mighty, this ain't the Celtics 7 inches up our ass/'08, but, it's damn close.

ezau
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeap pretty close and it feels great going out on top.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeap pretty close and it feels great going out on top.

Geez, I feel like hittin' the bottle, or, the old lady, or, that gd Dunc if I knew where he lived.

Man, I hate that guy.

ezau
09-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Geez, I feel like hittin' the bottle, or, the old lady, or, that gd Dunc if I knew where he lived.

Man, I hate that guy.

Same thing I felt during the 08 season. Shit I don't want to think about it

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Same thing I felt during the 08 season. Shit I don't want to think about it

Just remember what "John's" pacifist father had advised him in "Stripes":::"Never hit anyone in anger,,,unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 11:37 PM

Man, I hate that guy.

New Braunfels, TX... 15 minutes north of San Antonio, just up Interstate 35.
Come on down when you're ready...

Maybe you'll see the light and become a Spurs fan and start trollin Laker fans instead.... then again... maybe not....:toast

phyzik
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Honestly, if I had a choice, I'd let the Lakers have team of the decade if we got another title.....

But since we already got team of the decade on lock down, I have no problem being greedy.

FTL!!! :toast

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Honestly, if I had a choice, I'd let the Lakers have team of the decade if we got another title.

That's ironic because that's what I bargained with God ("God, let the Spurs have ToD if I can have this 15th ring + a decent boner like the old days.") out of that time out that ended up with Fisher busting Nelson's goober. Well, needless to say: I got the 15th, but, just an average boner, not like the old days.

That God is a rough duder.

TheMACHINE
09-26-2009, 12:14 AM
grats on the well deserve title Spurs!

iggypop123
09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/3860432313_5323829ab2_o.gif

BlackSwordsMan
09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
mavs = next team of the decade

Xylus
09-26-2009, 01:03 AM
The San Antonio Spurs were indeed the Team of the Decade.

:toast

MiamiHeat
09-26-2009, 01:28 AM
so Spurs is the team of the decade

but Bryant is player of the decade?

WTF

09-26-2009, 03:31 AM
spurs were obviously the superior team the past ten years. such consistency in winning is unmatched by any other franchises in any sport during the spurs' era of dominance.

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 03:45 AM
spurs were obviously the superior team the past ten years. such consistency in winning is unmatched by any other franchises in any sport during the spurs' era of dominance.

The Sporting News abides.

Your only obvious stain is the chronic inability to repeat....and a course concluding the decade with the Dallas Mavericks buried in your keester up to their teabags.

IronMexican
09-26-2009, 03:45 AM
Bullshit. It's the Grizz.

09-26-2009, 03:58 AM
The Sporting News abides.

Your only obvious stain is the chronic inability to repeat....and a course concluding the decade with the Dallas Mavericks buried in your keester up to their teabags.
must suck for the lakers to be considered lower than a team that couldn't repeat and lost to the mavs huh? lakers must be worse.

edit: oops i just got in an argument with a laker troll that may or may not be truly retarded. i'll end it here. spurs are #1!

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 04:31 AM
edit: oops i just got in an argument with a laker troll that may or may not be truly retarded. i'll end it here. spurs are #1!

& you shouldn't permit yerself to be so inclined by this laker troll. You got ToD. Rejoice. Ferget about the Mavs makin' the Lincoln Tunnel out of your chute/poop style. Ferget about Manu gettin' his injured on via a meaningless exhibition contest. Ferget about us concluding the decade with a ringage/sans Daddy.

Yer ToD, & you argued with a laker troll middle of the nite.

tee, hee.

cobbler
09-26-2009, 01:52 PM
In sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully.

Althea Gibson

Dunc n Dave
09-26-2009, 02:29 PM
In sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully.

Althea Gibson

Just like you aren't considered Team of the Decade when during 3 of those 10 years your team has a sub .500 record and misses the playoffs altogether...

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Althea Gibson

& that was the modern template struck by the Lakers & Riley in '87-'88. followed closely by the Pistons and then by the Bulls & Rockets. We once & again resusitated it with the triple at the turn of the century.

The Spurs are the booger under the bed. Their inability to repeat is in truth a disgrace. But, they're small market and that asshole Pop is juiced in. Ipso facto their granted a separate Mendoza line & attendant judgment. Media bestowed on them that every-other-year thingy, then the Mavs grabbed it & wiped their ass with it sending Spurs Fandom running off half-cocked. Now they've been bestowed familiar wampum= ToD. They'll gather round the damn thing (like that imbecile Tlong does round that '77 ringage) and they'll whip themselves into a frenzy. Just look at that jagoff Dunc and his mental masturbation over it. It's damn near half crazed.

jazzypimp
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
& that was the modern template struck by the Lakers & Riley in '87-'88. followed closely by the Pistons and then by the Bulls & Rockets. We once & again resusitated it with the triple at the turn of the century.

The Spurs are the booger under the bed. Their inability to repeat is in truth a disgrace. But, they're small market and that asshole Pop is juiced in. Ipso facto their granted a separate Mendoza line & attendant judgment. Media bestowed on them that every-other-year thingy, then the Mavs grabbed it & wiped their ass with it sending Spurs Fandom running off half-cocked. Now they've been bestowed familiar wampum= ToD. They'll gather round the damn thing (like that imbecile Tlong does round that '77 ringage) and they'll whip themselves into a frenzy. Just look at that jagoff Dunc and his mental masturbation over it. It's damn near half crazed.

Ipso facto, you a dildo!

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Ipso facto, you a dildo!

Perhaps, but, yer O & forever. I just rung, sans Daddy.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Perhaps, but, yer O & forever. I just rung, sans Daddy.

tee, hee.

Better get yer cranberry juice, your period just rung sans daddy!

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Better get yer cranberry juice, your period just rung sans daddy!

Only hungry people notice, Jazzy.

Dunc n Dave
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Do you know what sub .500 means?

L.A. Lakers
04-05 Record: 34-48
05-06 Record: 45-37
06-07 Record: 42-40

Total Record over that 3 year Span: 121-125 = SUB .500
= not Team of the Decade

cobbler
09-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Just like you aren't considered Team of the Decade when during 3 of those 10 years your team has a sub .500 record and misses the playoffs altogether...

sub 500? ...get a clue Its called retooling (without tanking to get #1 pick)

You can have team of the decade
you can have player of the decade
you can have class organization of the decade
you can have all the regular season and playoff mvp's

I could care less..... cause they are all subjective opinions.

Ill take the most titles in the decade... That is fact and not subject to debate.

Dunc n Dave
09-26-2009, 04:56 PM

I could really care less that TSN named the Spurs TofD. I'm just enjoying the hell outta dishin out a little of you Laker trolls' medicine. Especially after lakaluva had his premature ejaculation over TofD in the KObe Player of the Decade thread only to shoot himself in the face with it 2 pages later... Classic....:lol

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I could really care less that TSN named the Spurs TofD. I'm just enjoying the hell outta dishin out a little of you Laker trolls' medicine. Especially after lakaluva had his premature ejaculation over TofD in the KObe Player of the Decade thread only to shoot himself in the face with it 2 pages later... Classic....:lol

Each camp trolls the other. That's the nature of the beast.

Kobe can't win sans Daddy, you troll our ass.

You can't repeat, we troll your ass.

Jazzy bends over for us, we stuff him with calzone.

Kobe wins sans Daddy, you don't know whether to shit or go blind.

Manu gets injured in pick up game, you guys shit yerselves.

The Logo juices us in with the Gasol, you guys shit yerselves again.

We win 4 titles in the decade, you get ToD.

Your happy as pigs in mud, we leave Orlando where found 'em.

The Mavs humiliated you 4-1, you start prayin' Kobe don't get his sans Daddy on.

Kobe gets his sans Daddy on, Jazzy shits himself.

ON & ON.

jazzypimp
09-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Each camp trolls the other. That's the nature of the beast.

Kobe can't win sans Daddy, you troll our ass.

You can't repeat, we troll your ass.

Jazzy bends over for us, we stuff him with calzone.

Kobe wins sans Daddy, you don't know whether to shit or go blind.

Manu gets injured in pick up game, you guys shit yerselves.

The Logo juices us in with the Gasol, you guys shit yerselves again.

We win 4 titles in the decade, you get ToD.

Your happy as pigs in mud, we leave Orlando where found 'em.

The Mavs humiliated you 4-1, you start prayin' Kobe don't get his sans Daddy on.

Kobe gets his sans Daddy on, Jazzy shits himself.

ON & ON.

:lmao I cant believe im having this conversation with a 50 yr old sans daddy

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 05:07 PM
:lmao I cant believe im having this conversation with a 50 yr old sans daddy

Don't knock it, its the first happiness you've had since just a smidge before Jordan helped Russell out of the way.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Don't knock it, its the first happiness you've had since just a smidge before Jordan helped Russell out of the way.

tee, hee.

Do they have senior discounts at lakers games??

Culburn369
09-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Do they have senior discounts at lakers games??

I ain't been over there since '89, I have no idea.

poop
09-26-2009, 11:37 PM
the LA Lakers have all the money, glamour, prestige, ability to draw big names/any players they want, favorable officiating year after year, history, name brand recognition, from one of the biggest cities in the world, the most talented player in the world, league cooperation and collusion, ....

and yet they are still locked in a mortal dead heat with a largely obscure tiny market franchise, led by 'uncool' unintersting stars, from a boring no-name smallish town on a team thats been around less than half as long.

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:41 AM
the LA Lakers have all the money, glamour, prestige, ability to draw big names/any players they want, favorable officiating year after year, history, name brand recognition, from one of the biggest cities in the world, the most talented player in the world, league cooperation and collusion, ....

and yet they are still locked in a mortal dead heat with a largely obscure tiny market franchise, led by 'uncool' unintersting stars, from a boring no-name smallish town on a team thats been around less than half as long.

Wow. In how many different threads have you posted that exact same thing?

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:15 AM

Mavs, 4-1.

tee, hee.

poop
09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
:wow

just 2 LOOLL

cobbler
09-27-2009, 03:51 AM

His insecurity, jealousy, and ignorance have no boundries! :lmao

Flux451
09-27-2009, 10:40 AM
sub 500? ...get a clue Its called retooling (without tanking to get #1 pick)

Don't tell someone to get a clue when you need one yourself.
Spurs didn't tank to get the #1 pick. Robinson and Elliott were both injured the prior year to Duncan's rookie season. Old ass Dominic Wilkins was carrying the team for hell's sake

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Spurs didn't tank to get the #1 pick.

Sure.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Don't tell someone to get a clue when you need one yourself.
Spurs didn't tank to get the #1 pick. Robinson and Elliott were both injured the prior year to Duncan's rookie season. Old ass Dominic Wilkins was carrying the team for hell's sake

...and Robinson got over his injury and was not played.

Bur hey, you believe whatever makes you happy.

adidas11
09-27-2009, 04:00 PM
in sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully.

Althea gibson

+1

Flux451
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Sure.

Axe deoderant.

...and Robinson got over his injury and was not played.

Bur hey, you believe whatever makes you happy.

I wonder how one can play with a back injury and a broken foot.
Sitting out 3 plus months at the end of the season is really getting over an injury.

Why would they tank their season when the previous one was one of their best season's in franchise history and Robinson got an MVP award. Save the no trophy, Hakeem talk.

mingus
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
i think this could've gone either way. personally, i like to go by eras, ie the "Tim Duncan Era," or the "Kobe Bryant Era." TOTD is just a stupid award that nobody really gafa in the end. as far as i know, it doesn't go in the Spurs trophy collection.

and the Spurs certainly don't need it - the legacy is already in place and there's no need for further validation of their singular greatness.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
i think this could've gone either way. personally, i like to go by eras, ie the "Tim Duncan Era," or the "Kobe Bryant Era." TOTD is just a stupid award that nobody really gafa in the end. as far as i know, it doesn't go in the Spurs trophy collection.

and the Spurs certainly don't need it - the legacy is already in place and there's no need for further validation of their singular greatness.

Well, you wanted ToD, you got ToD, and yer keepin' ToD. I wouldn't put the f'in thing in my curio cabinet now that you've had your ass scratchers all over it for all the rice in China.

**Pssst, ming, bring it around back, and leave it under my November issue of Penthouse Variations that should be dropped off tomorrow morn.

Chow.

Your friend - Cubby

cobbler
09-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Axe deoderant.

I wonder how one can play with a back injury and a broken foot.
Sitting out 3 plus months at the end of the season is really getting over an injury.

Why would they tank their season when the previous one was one of their best season's in franchise history and Robinson got an MVP award. Save the no trophy, Hakeem talk.

Robinson got hurt. He recovered. At that point the season was already lost. Do they bring him back and go for the best possible record they can get.... or do they sit him the rest of the way and enhance their chances at Duncan. It's a no brainer. I would have done the same. Save the denial talk.

mingus
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, you wanted ToD, you got ToD, and yer keepin' ToD. I wouldn't put the f'in thing in my curio cabinet now that you've had your ass scratchers all over it for all the rice in China.

**Pssst, ming, bring it around back, and leave it under my November issue of Penthouse Variations that should be dropped off tomorrow morn.

Chow.

Your friend - Cubby

i'm actually indifferent towards the award. i couldn't care less. as i said, no more validation is needed, and awards like this mean absolutely nothing to contribute to the Spurs legacy. at this point, championships are all that matter.

Strike
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
:wow

just 2 LOOLL

Fair enough. :toast

Flux451
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Robinson got hurt. He recovered. At that point the season was already lost. Do they bring him back and go for the best possible record they can get.... or do they sit him the rest of the way and enhance their chances at Duncan. It's a no brainer. I would have done the same. Save the denial talk.

Is it that easy to convince yourself you are right?

Robinson missed the first six games of the season. Pretty much pulled a Ginobilli and thought he was ready. Then he coincedentally broke his foot. When he came back from being injured during the preseason, THE SEASON WASN'T ALREADY LOST, like you claim. He just reinjured himself. He never regained his old form because of his horrible back. That's why the critics and fans called it a blessing in disguise.

Why would a player at the peak of his career sit out a whole season so a team could tank and try to get the #1 pick? You really don't know what you are talking about because Robinson or the Spurs wouldn't do that. Maybe the Lakers, but not the Spurs.

THE END

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
You really don't know what you are talking about because Robinson or the Spurs wouldn't do that.

Sure.

Flux451
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Sure.

Time for you bath son, no more spurstalk till tomorrow.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Is it that easy to convince yourself you are right?

Robinson missed the first six games of the season. Pretty much pulled a Ginobilli and thought he was ready. Then he coincedentally broke his foot. When he came back from being injured during the preseason, THE SEASON WASN'T ALREADY LOST, like you claim. He just reinjured himself. He never regained his old form because of his horrible back. That's why the critics and fans called it a blessing in disguise.

Why would a player at the peak of his career sit out a whole season so a team could tank and try to get the #1 pick? You really don't know what you are talking about because Robinson or the Spurs wouldn't do that. Maybe the Lakers, but not the Spurs.

THE END

You're not the brightest crayon in the box are you? He broke his foot in the first few games of the season. Of course the season wasn't lost then and I never claimed that. He did however recover from the borken foot and it was widely reported that he could have played the last 20 games of the season. AT THAT POINT.. the season was already a loss so the FO decided not to risk further injury so they sat him the remainder of the year. Coincedentally, by doing so they insured being in the hunt for pick #1.

Strike
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
You're not the brightest crayon in the box are you? He broke his foot in the first few games of the season. Of course the season wasn't lost then and I never claimed that. He did however recover from the borken foot and it was widely reported that he could have played the last 20 games of the season. AT THAT POINT.. the season was already a loss so the FO decided not to risk further injury so they sat him the remainder of the year. Coincedentally, by doing so they insured being in the hunt for pick #1.

So you're saying sitting Robinson was to not risk him getting injured again? So you're saying it wasn't an effort to tank the season?

Thanks, but we already knew that. Nice of you to make that argument, though.

Flux451
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
FO decided not to risk further injury so they sat him the remainder of the year. Coincedentally, by doing so they insured being in the hunt for pick #1.

Doesn't sound like tanking the season to me. Sounds like protecting a player. That's where this whole argument stemmed from, "tanking the season."

In the end its relative and arbitrary.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
So you're saying sitting Robinson was to not risk him getting injured again? So you're saying it wasn't an effort to tank the season?

Thanks, but we already knew that. Nice of you to make that argument, though.

No... I am saying if the Spurs were in the hunt he would have played. Since the season was already toast there was nothing to gain by playing him and a lot to gain by not. The side benefit of this "tanking" philosophy was not risking further injury. If you are able to play... you play. But in this case, by not playing him the spurs gave him more recovery time thus not risking further injury. Robinson said in an interview years later that he could have played. I think the motivation for the FO was two fold. Insurance for David and higher probibility in the lottery. When the latter is involved and you dont play a player that is capable of playing... that in my and others opinions is tanking.

Nice try! :toast

Dunc n Dave
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Doesn't sound like tanking the season to me. Sounds like protecting a player. That's where this whole argument stemmed from, "tanking the season."

In the end its relative and arbitrary.

He knows it wasn't tanking. He just says that because he knows it gets a rise outta Spurs fans.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
He knows it wasn't tanking. He just says that because he knows it gets a rise outta Spurs fans.

Not my style. I'm not really concerned with getting under anyone's skin. I tell it how I believe it is... right or wrong.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Not my style. I'm not really concerned with getting under anyone's skin. I tell it how I believe it is... right or wrong.

Cobb is right, it's not his style...it's mine, but, the tanking thing just doesn't trip my trigger. You did it alright, but, for some reason I'm ok with you doing it.

xellos88330
09-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Spurs tanked, didn't tank? Who cares?

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Spurs tanked, didn't tank? Who cares?

Cobb. His sensitivities are insulted. Most of our Lakers Brotherhood are men of high principle & goodness. They, I mean we believe in doing things the old fashioned way= earning it. That's foreign language to you Fandom from south Texas.

Good nite.

Brazil
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
No... I am saying if the Spurs were in the hunt he would have played. Since the season was already toast there was nothing to gain by playing him and a lot to gain by not. The side benefit of this "tanking" philosophy was not risking further injury. If you are able to play... you play. But in this case, by not playing him the spurs gave him more recovery time thus not risking further injury. Robinson said in an interview years later that he could have played. I think the motivation for the FO was two fold. Insurance for David and higher probibility in the lottery. When the latter is involved and you dont play a player that is capable of playing... that in my and others opinions is protecting his key player for next year.

Nice try! :toast

fify

mingus
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
the Spurs quasi-tanked, having sat out DRob for health purposes as well. in order to tank, you've got to want to suck for the sole purpose of getting the draft pick.

and if you want to bring up that the Spurs tanked, open a different thread because it didn't happen this decade.

:hat

jazzypimp
09-28-2009, 09:37 AM
the Spurs quasi-tanked, having sat out DRob for health purposes as well. in order to tank, you've got to want to suck for the sole purpose of sucking and getting the draft pick.

and if you want to bring up that the Spurs tanked, open a different thread because it didn't happen this decade.

And now for the real question Mingus, Did you bang topenga?

http://lolgunabeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ihasaminkus.jpg

s0ldEONs0ul
09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
If you're talking about a 10 year span of time, which we are, then the Spurs are clear-cut favorites for this 'accolade'.

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
the Spurs quasi-tanked, having sat out DRob for health purposes as well. in order to tank, you've got to want to suck for the sole purpose of getting the draft pick.

True, but, the seeds of your rank dishonesty planted last decade bloomed in ToD decade. Fruit borne of a corrupt tree shall be itself corrupt & forever more cast down.

Cry Havoc
09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
They, I mean we believe in doing things the old fashioned way= earning it.

lol Gasol

lol signing 4 all-stars

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
lol Gasol

lol signing 4 all-stars

Yeah, but, all we got out of our corrupt palm tree was a measly NBA World Championship.

You got the holy of holys:::ToD.

s0ldEONs0ul
09-28-2009, 10:56 AM
True, but, the seeds of your rank dishonesty planted last decade bloomed in ToD decade. Fruit borne of a corrupt tree shall be itself corrupt & forever more cast down.

The Gasol trade wasn't corruption or collusion or anything, but I wouldn't act like the apple is falling without worms.

Cry Havoc
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, but, all we got out of our corrupt palm tree was a measly NBA World Championship.

You got the holy of holys:::ToD.

And I would be bragging about it the same as you.

But to suggest the Lakers earned it but that the Spurs didn't is silly.

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 11:15 AM
And I would be bragging about it the same as you.

But to suggest the Lakers earned it but that the Spurs didn't is silly.

But, we didn't get it. You did. Now you have to suffer for it.

mingus
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM

getting Duncan was a part of God's plan. it was God's answer to Mr. Robinson's prayers. i heard it in his induction speech. the Spurs were moved to greatness by God.