PDA

View Full Version : Kobe sought out Olajuwon

PGDynasty24
09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Monday Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was in Houston for a two-hour workout with Olajuwon.

Olajuwon said Bryant reached out to him for help with his moves in the post.

"He gave me the biggest compliment," Olajuwon said. "(He said) You are the best (at the) mid-post and post move.

"He wanted me to show my moves to him."

Olajuwon said his style of play in the paint is really suited for a guy like Bryant.

"In my mind most of my moves for a guy (with) that agility can use it better than the big guy," Olajuwon said. "Because my moves are not really for the big guy.

"It's for the guards and small forwards. So he would benefit most on the post because of his agility.

"It was so much fun because how he picks it up. I worked with him for two hours, step by step."
Olajuwon expects Bryant to be even better than he was last season when he led the Lakers to the NBA Championship.

"Adding those moves to his game, watch out for him this year," Olajuwon said. "I understand his dedication. His desire to win and stay on top.

"That's what I respect most about him."

By the way, Olajuwon said he would never have held one-on-one sessions like this if he was still playing.

"You don't want to give them your secrets," Olajuwon said'

so, kobe was in houston this monday just love his drive

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/090926_olajuwon_works_with_grizzlies_thabeet

iilluzioN
09-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Im not a fan of the Lakers, but I give MAN PROPS to Kobe... Hes is really something eles!

I'm wondering if Kobe will start showing his age this coming up season... I think getting Artest will really help out Kobe in hes final years as a laker... Kobe will be remembered... Those of you with Kobe rookie cards are really lucky

lefty
09-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Im not a fan of the Lakers, but I give MAN PROPS to Kobe... Hes is really something eles!

I'm wondering if Kobe will start showing his age this coming up season... I think getting Artest will really help out Kobe in hes final years as a laker... Kobe will be remembered... Those of you with Kobe rookie cards are really lucky

I feel the same way

poop
09-26-2009, 11:16 PM
if he gets Olajuwon post moves he...never mind its not going to happen

SenorSpur
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Agree with Iilliuzion. I'm not a fan of the Fakers either. In fact I hate the Fakers. Yet I gotta give props to Kobe for working so diligently to keep adding to his game. Imagine him seeking out a HOF-caliber player like Hakeem to learn from. That's why HE is the best.

LeBron and all the others will simply have to wait until they're anointed as the game's best because the Black Mamba isn't about to relinquish the throne anytime soon.

Donkeybong
09-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow, my second favorite player teaching my favorite player of all time. This is gonna be good.

KidCongo
09-27-2009, 02:12 AM
This is why I wanted Kobe to win his 4th ring once the Cavs went out.

Showtime24 LAKERS
09-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Kobe already had an elite post game. Now he's learning from Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon??? Dude has crazy dedication!

And people think Lebron is as good as Kobe aka black mamba? LOL!! :lmao

The_Game
09-27-2009, 06:32 AM
LOL it doesn't help shit though. Kobe plays a terminally different position than Dream and is also shorter than Dream by more than 1 foot. If Kobe thinks he is too old and slow to play guard any more, he'd probably better retire right away rather than continue his career as a center. Anyway his size is too limited for inside positions like center, even if he could grow fatter and fatter till reaching shaq's horizon.

1 foot? Kobe is 4 inches smaller...hardly a foot.

23LeBronJames23
09-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Olajuwon can you go teach LeBron too? or is Artest the next 1 on the list?

Whisky Dog
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
He's not gonna play center, he wants to improve his ability to post up smaller guards. It's a great idea whether it helps him or not it's a great move.

Double-Up
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Kobe's athleticism will start to fade and he knows he has to work on his post game, that's one thing that seperated Jordan from the other top tier guards.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Not a Lakers fan or a Kobe fan, but shit like this is why he's the best player in the league today, bar none.

JamStone
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Agree with most of you praising Kobe for constantly improving and developing his game. It's that type of shit that really does separate him from other great players. Imagine if a guy like Vince Carter had Kobe's mentality and off-season worth ethic. Think how scary Dwight Howard would be if he really put an honest effort becoming a dominant post player with skill. Shit, the thing is, as someone already mentioned, Kobe already has a pretty good midpost and low post game, and he's improving that. There are great players that don't even improve areas they really do need improvement.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Agree with most of you praising Kobe for constantly improving and developing his game. It's that type of shit that really does separate him from other great players. Imagine if a guy like Vince Carter had Kobe's mentality and off-season worth ethic. Think how scary Dwight Howard would be if he really put an honest effort becoming a dominant post player with skill. Shit, the thing is, as someone already mentioned, Kobe already has a pretty good midpost and low post game, and he's improving that. There are great players that don't even improve areas they really do need improvement.
My point exactly. This is Jordan-esque. Not trying to make the Jordan/Kobe comparison. But it didn't matter how good Jordan got, he always worked harder to get better. That's what Kobe does, and that's why he is where he is today.

tlongII
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Eff Kobe. B-Roy is going to kick his ass this year.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Double-Up
09-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Quit trippin tschlong, Roy is a top 5 SG but Kobe would make him his bitch anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

21_Blessings
09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
LOL it doesn't help shit though. Kobe plays a terminally different position than Dream and is also shorter than Dream by more than 1 foot. If Kobe thinks he is too old and slow to play guard any more, he'd probably better retire right away rather than continue his career as a center. Anyway his size is too limited for inside positions like center, even if he could grow fatter and fatter till reaching shaq's horizon.

Have even seen the Dream play? No other big man in history has ever had better footwork. His post moves are perfect for an athletic and coordinated SF/SG type.

MiamiHeat
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Quit trippin tschlong, Roy is a top 5 SG but Kobe would make him his bitch anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Show me when Kobe has made ANYONE his bitch?

He can't dominate anyone like that. Kobe is just a volume scorer.

He comes through with some big shots sometimes, but he never dominates a game. Ever.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Have even seen the Dream play? No other big man in history has ever had better footwork.

Bill Walton was comparable.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:48 PM

He used the top of Pippen's head in the 00 playoffs to initiate the Lakers triple.

MiamiHeat
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Dominating a game, making someone 'your bitch' is to do it for the whole game.

Not 1 ESPN sportscenter highlight play.

MiamiHeat
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
In fact, the only time Kobe has had huge scoring games was when shitty players were defending him

The 81 pt game? A 45 year old Jalen Rose.

The 60 something vs Knicks this past season? Mike D'Antoni's Knicks. Nuff said.

when has kobe ever really dominated a game? never

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Dominating a game, making someone 'your bitch' is to do it for the whole game.

Not 1 ESPN sportscenter highlight play.

& he did, down 24 third quarter, less than nine minute official's TO he took Pippen and lit his ass afire. We don't win there and you all come a huntin'. But, that's neither here nor there. We did win there, we tripled, you came a huntin' nonetheless with Daddy in FL., and then that jagoff for Denver tripped Kobe and he went sans Daddy, like now.

Just shows ta go ya.

MiamiHeat
09-27-2009, 01:55 PM
So your only example is 22 year old Bryant vs a 35 year old Pippen with the Trailblazers?

MiamiHeat
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
In fact, majority of the time Kobe has had huge scoring games was when shitty players were defending him

The 81 pt game? A near 40 year old Jalen Rose.

Whenever Kobe goes up against other star perimeter guys, he never outshines them. In fact, I remember Wade outplaying Kobe most of the times they have met. Same with Paul Pierce, LeBron James, etc

Donkeybong
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
In fact, majority of the time Kobe has had huge scoring games was when shitty players were defending him

Whenever Kobe goes up against other star perimeter guys, he never outshines them. In fact, I remember Wade outplaying Kobe most of the times they have met. Same with Paul Pierce, LeBron James, etc

selective memory

sook
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Kobe's athleticism will start to fade and he knows he has to work on his post game, that's one thing that seperated Jordan from the other top tier guards.
Why kobe is the player he is insn't much of a secret. Dude is ridiculously on top of his game

picnroll
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Time for Bryant to move his game inside or at least try. His athleticism and to the basket game is fading.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM

“I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent. It’s not taking away from LeBron, it’s not taking away from Carmelo, it’s not taking away from myself,” Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago. “Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, he’s older than us, he’s smart with the game. He’s the better player.”

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 03:25 PM
“I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent. It’s not taking away from LeBron, it’s not taking away from Carmelo, it’s not taking away from myself,” Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago. “Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, he’s older than us, he’s smart with the game. He’s the better player.”

Whoops-e-Daisy!

Double-Up
09-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I apoligize for even bringing the subject up, I should have known it would turn into a Wade vs Kobe debate without question.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I apoligize for even bringing the subject up, I should have known it would turn into a Wade vs Kobe debate without question.

Not according to the horse's ass himself/Wade.

Double-Up
09-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Not according to the horse's ass himself/Wade.

Well IMO Bryant is better than Wade, no question. If Wade had a 3pt shot it would be fair game but driving to the hole year after year has already started to take it's toll.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Well IMO Bryant is better than Wade, no question. If Wade had a 3pt shot it would be fair game but driving to the hole year after year has already started to take it's toll.

Hmmmmmmm... It's a toss up... but I think I will go with Wade's opinion over yours.

Indazone
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh great..now all we need is Kobe in the post doing the Dreamshake.

sonic21
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Kobe already had an elite post game. Now he's learning from Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon??? Dude has crazy dedication!

And people think Lebron is as good as Kobe aka black mamba? LOL!! :lmao

He needs to use it though. Last year he was mainly a jumshooter.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
He needs to use it though. Last year he was mainly a jumshooter.

There was a sea change in Bryant's game a few years back. Very seldom would he drive the rim. He still pumps (but, won't use the move to draw the foul),,,the guy would rise and Kobe would storm around & past him...two feet, lift up and launch a howitzer shot. Drives me nutty-nuts, but, there must be a method to his madness. He did have that shoulder injury several years back. That may have something to do with it.

Strike
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
If working with Hakeem helps him, it only makes him more dangerous on the floor. Good for Kobe and the Lakers, bad for the rest of the league.

usdane
09-28-2009, 03:29 AM

Okay enough my little friend. Kobe completely took a dump on the entire Mavs team in the 05/06 season where the Mavs went to the finals. Kobe outscored the entire Mavs team 62-61 through 3 quarters by himself.

Now what's up bitch?

xellos88330
09-28-2009, 04:40 AM
This doesn't really make sense to me. I understanding wanting to build on your overall game, but to want to practice it alot and go so far as to go to Hakeem for help, makes me wonder if there will be alot of post play for Kobe next season.

I hate Kobe, makes me attempt to use my brain.

#2!
09-28-2009, 05:52 AM
This doesn't really make sense to me. I understanding wanting to build on your overall game, but to want to practice it alot and go so far as to go to Hakeem for help, makes me wonder if there will be alot of post play for Kobe next season.

I hate Kobe, makes me attempt to use my brain.

they might have decided they needed to force artest to use his post game but didn't want to change a part of the system for just one (ahem) role player. the problem with that is their lack of shooting big men. gasol can hit jumpers w/ okay range but thats the extent of it.

Chieflion
09-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Okay enough my little friend. Kobe completely took a dump on the entire Mavs team in the 05/06 season where the Mavs went to the finals. Kobe outscored the entire Mavs team 62-61 through 3 quarters by himself.

Now what's up bitch?
Ya. And Wade was a one-man wreaking crew against the Mavs in the finals that year. What was your point?

JamStone
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
If Kobe only has great scoring games against shitty defense, it begs the question why aren't other great scorers in the league doing the same against those same shitty defenses?

MiamiHeat
09-28-2009, 10:14 AM
If Kobe only has great scoring games against shitty defense, it begs the question why aren't other great scorers in the league doing the same against those same shitty defenses?

1) They are. LeBron also had a huge scoring night vs the Knicks last season. Wasn't it like 54 pts, 10 rebs, 11 assists? Kobe's night was like 61 pts, 0 rebs, 1 assists type of thing.

2) They don't take as many shots as Kobe does. LeBron and Wade and Carmelo etc all share the rock a ton more. Kobe has 'tunnel vision' and it's like he says "OK THIS GAME IM GOING TO BE A BALL HOG, LET ME OIL UP MY ELBOWS CAUSE IM GONNA JACK EM UP ALL NIGHT" Look at the shots. All of those players are more efficient FG% than Bryant. That means if they had the same amount of shots, they'd have a ton of points too.

3) and LeBron, Wade, Carmelo, etc don't shoot as many 3 pointers.

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
1) They are. LeBron also had a huge scoring night vs the Knicks last season. Wasn't it like 54 pts, 10 rebs, 11 assists? Kobe's night was like 61 pts, 0 rebs, 1 assists type of thing.

2) They don't take as many shots as Kobe does. LeBron and Wade and Carmelo etc all share the rock a ton more. Kobe has 'tunnel vision' and it's like he says "OK THIS GAME IM GOING TO BE A BALL HOG, LET ME OIL UP MY ELBOWS CAUSE IM GONNA JACK EM UP ALL NIGHT" Look at the shots. All of those players are more efficient FG% than Bryant. That means if they had the same amount of shots, they'd have a ton of points too.

&

4) they got one ring twixt 'em, whilst Kobe has 4.

JamStone
09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Kobe had 6 rebounds and 3 steals when he scored 81 against Toronto, 8 rebounds when he scored 62 in three quarters against Dallas. He also shot a combined 60% from the field in those two games, including 11 for 23 from three point range. No other player is doing that shooting that many times, especially shooting as many jumpers. Of course he didn't have many assists since he was shooting that much. But no other player was scoring like that even though they faced the same "shitty" defenses, not even LeBron or Wade.

Keep hating.

Amaso
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM

You say those players shoot the ball more efficiently than Kobe and I agree, Lebron and Dwayne Wade usually shoot 1-2% higher than Kobe, but you yourself even said Wade/Lebron/Carmelo don't shoot as many 3s, which will bring down your fg%.

JamStone
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
In the two MSG performances last year, Kobe scored his 61 points on 61% shooting in under 37 minutes. LeBron scored his 52 points on 51.5 shooting in over 44 minutes. Plus ask any Cavs fan and they'll tell you LeBron was playing for stats that night specifically to outdo what Kobe had done. LeBron definitely does more than just scoring, but no one can score like Kobe.

And it's not just against "shitty" defenses. Look at what Kobe did against the Spurs in the 2008 playoff.

29.2 ppg
53.3 FG%
33.3 3pt%
2.4 TO

Compare that to LeBron against the spurs in the 2007 Finals.

22.0 ppg
36.0 FG%
20.0 3pt%
5.75 TO

It's not just the defenses and not any other great scorer can do what Kobe does.

Double-Up
09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Hmmmmmmm... It's a toss up... but I think I will go with Wade's opinion over yours.

What the fuck are you talking about?

cobbler
09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
What the fuck are you talking about?

Give it some time... you can figure it out... :lmao

cobbler
09-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Not sure what is greater... your hatred of Kobe... or your ignorance.

cobbler
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
In the two MSG performances last year, Kobe scored his 61 points on 61% shooting in under 37 minutes. LeBron scored his 52 points on 51.5 shooting in over 44 minutes. Plus ask any Cavs fan and they'll tell you LeBron was playing for stats that night specifically to outdo what Kobe had done. LeBron definitely does more than just scoring, but no one can score like Kobe.

And it's not just against "shitty" defenses. Look at what Kobe did against the Spurs in the 2008 playoff.

29.2 ppg
53.3 FG%
33.3 3pt%
2.4 TO

22.0 ppg
36.0 FG%
20.0 3pt%
5.75 TO

It's not just the defenses and not any other great scorer can do what Kobe does.

MiamiHeat... OWNED.... yet again.

TheMACHINE
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM

29.2 ppg
53.3 FG%
33.3 3pt%
2.4 TO

22.0 ppg
36.0 FG%
20.0 3pt%
5.75 TO

But...umm...uh...ummm...hmmm :bang

:rollin

jonnybravo
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM

29.2 ppg
53.3 FG%
33.3 3pt%
2.4 TO

22.0 ppg
36.0 FG%
20.0 3pt%
5.75 TO

Jamstone with another beatdown.

Double-Up
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Give it some time... you can figure it out... :lmao

I said Kobe is better than Wade, and Wade was quoted as saying the same. Are you retarded or just illiterate? :lol

Fabbs
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
So Kobme is the 1st NBA player to approach Ola about teaching his moves? :lmao I don't think so.

What does Rockets think about Ola helping Kome?

TheMACHINE
09-28-2009, 12:15 PM
i think Cobbler must have just read your post wrong. lol

Double-Up
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
So Kobme is the 1st NBA player to approach Ola about teaching his moves? :lmao I don't think so.

What does Rockets think about Ola helping Kome?

I hate the thought of having Hakeem tutor anyone especially a Laker, but have to admire Kobe's will to be the best.

Indazone
09-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nothing irks me more than the thought of Hakeem teaching Kobe his moves. It's kinda like giving your battle plans to the enemy and tell him ok, this is how you beat us.

picc84
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I like the idea, I just hope he implements it into his game for the entire season instead of using it for the first 10 or so games and then going back to jumpshooting from 20 feet.

cobbler
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I said Kobe is better than Wade, and Wade was quoted as saying the same. Are you retarded or just illiterate? :lol

Was a misread... my bad. :toast

Lighten up.

hitmanyr2k
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM

29.2 ppg
53.3 FG%
33.3 3pt%
2.4 TO

22.0 ppg
36.0 FG%
20.0 3pt%
5.75 TO

While everyone is kissing your ass and screaming "OWNED" and all that bullshit I'm going to go the other direction. This is one of the dumbest fuckin comparisons I've ever seen. Are you seriously comparing a green 4th year Lebron James (with a BAD team) in his first Finals to a very experienced Kobe Bryant (with a GOOD team) in the WCF? That comparison is beyond stupid.

cobbler
09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
While everyone is kissing your ass and screaming "OWNED" and all that bullshit I'm going to go the other direction. This is one of the dumbest fuckin comparisons I've ever seen. Are you seriously comparing a green 4th year Lebron James (with a BAD team) in his first Finals to a very experienced Kobe Bryant (with a GOOD team) in the WCF? That comparison is beyond stupid.

shooting % is shooting %. How good your team is has nothing to do with it. Heck... all the arguments about MJ's greatness was that he did it without a superior cast.

JamStone
09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
While everyone is kissing your ass and screaming "OWNED" and all that bullshit I'm going to go the other direction. This is one of the dumbest fuckin comparisons I've ever seen. Are you seriously comparing a green 4th year Lebron James (with a BAD team) in his first Finals to a very experienced Kobe Bryant (with a GOOD team) in the WCF?

Yes.

That comparison is beyond stupid.

I didn't bring up the comparison. MiamiHeat did when he posted about LeBron playing against the Knicks and putting up that 50 point game.

If you want to criticize anyone for comparing Kobe and LeBron, scream at MiamiHeat for bringing it up initially.

Or, next time you could actually read and follow along the other posts to understand why I posted what I posted before aimlessly blasting me without justifiable cause, thereby making yourself look like a complete jackass.

Yeah, or you could have done that.

Kindergarten Cop
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
1 foot? Kobe is 4 inches smaller...hardly a foot.

Isn't Kobe 6'6''? The Dream was easily 7'. I know that the "foot taller" comment was pretty far off - but 6+ inches is a fairly significant height difference IMO.

I think that this helps Kobe in more of a PR standpoint because it really does show that he has a greater respect for the great ones that laced 'em up before he came into the league. I'm not a fan of Kobe or the Lakers myself, but I do think that this is a classy move on his part. To be honest, I don't know what he would be able to learn from Olajuwon in a two hour practice session that he wouldn't have been able to learn from breaking down the hundreds of hours of game tape that he has access to.

hitmanyr2k
09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes.

I didn't bring up the comparison. MiamiHeat did when he posted about LeBron playing against the Knicks and putting up that 50 point game.

If you want to criticize anyone for comparing Kobe and LeBron, scream at MiamiHeat for bringing it up initially.

Miamiheat used the comparison with the Knicks to show how bad their defense was last year...which is was. The Knicks were freakin doormats. You don't let someone score 60 on you one night and then a few days later let someone score 50+ on you again :lol . And then the same month Wade goes for 46 and a month later scores 55 against the Knicks for good measure :lol

Or, next time you could actually read and follow along the other posts to understand why I posted what I posted before aimlessly blasting me without justifiable cause, thereby making yourself look like a complete jackass.

Yeah, or you could have done that.

What you did was compare Kobe's performance to Lebron's performance against the Spurs from two completely different seasons. Nevermind that the Spurs in 2007 were in far better shape than the 2008 Spurs who came into the WCF hobbled and running on fumes. Nevermind that Kobe had a superior team with legit 2nd and 3rd options while Lebron had to carry a shit team that everyone knew didn't have a chance in hell against the Spurs. Never mind Kobe was experienced while Lebron was going through just his 2nd playoff run at the time. Like I said before, dumb comparison. There's no spinning it. It's that fuckin stupid.

JamStone
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
MiamiHeat first made the comparison saying other great scorers can do what Kobe does. He first gave the example of Kobe and LeBron versus the Knicks. And he talked about what Kobe did against "shitty defenses." I gave an example of both Kobe and LeBron facing a good defense by the same team in the playoffs where games actually matter. LeBron and Kobe haven't faced many of the same teams in the playoffs.

What is fuckin stupid to you is something that makes a lot of sense.

carrao45
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Isn't Kobe 6'6''? The Dream was easily 7'. I know that the "foot taller" comment was pretty far off - but 6+ inches is a fairly significant height difference IMO.

I think that this helps Kobe in more of a PR standpoint because it really does show that he has a greater respect for the great ones that laced 'em up before he came into the league. I'm not a fan of Kobe or the Lakers myself, but I do think that this is a classy move on his part. To be honest, I don't know what he would be able to learn from Olajuwon in a two hour practice session that he wouldn't have been able to learn from breaking down the hundreds of hours of game tape that he has access to.

Seeing and doing are two totally different things.

Especially when doing involves being taught to do by the greatest (Hakeem) to ever do it(Post Moves).

Allanon
09-28-2009, 08:54 PM

I think Hakeem's height was exagerated, he was really Power Forward size...like 6'9 or 6'10. I remember him playing Karl Malone and they were about the same height, maybe Dream was taller but just by a smidgeon.

JamStone
09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I vaguely recall a time where Hakeem was even listed at 6'10" and later on he was listed at 7'0. If you look for pictures of him next to Shaq, it's fairly obvious that he's more than a few inches shorter. I think he's probably closer to 6'10" than he is to 7'0.

Destro
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM

He can't dominate anyone like that. Kobe is just a volume scorer.

He comes through with some big shots sometimes, but he never dominates a game. Ever.

Kobe dominates games all the time, and i hate the prick but you have to give him that

djohn2oo8
09-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Gotta give Kobe props for being so dedicated....Alot more players should be doing something similar

LakasRool4eva
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Thats why Kobe is the best of all time. Nobody works harder then Kobe to be the best

Goran Dragic
09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Thats why Kobe is the best of all time.

:lmao

djohn2oo8
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Thats why Kobe is the best of all time.

Don't tell Jordan that

xellos88330
09-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Don't tell Jordan that

Yea... Jordan will call you out during an interview or next time he is at a podium.

Indazone
09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Don't tell Jordan that

Hmmm someone conspicously missing from your sig. The big giant elephant in the room. Yah...that's right. David Anderson! :lol

TheMACHINE
09-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Here"s a vid of Hakeem teaching Kobe the Dream Shake..towards end of vid.

http://dimemag.com/2009/09/hakeem-olajuwon-works-out-kobe-bryant-hasheem-thabeet/