PDA

View Full Version : HOW will the spurs beat the Mavs next year???

poop
09-26-2009, 11:22 PM
with Dirk, terry, howard, barea and now the addition of proven game changer shawn marrion, i just dont see the spurs being able to get past this high powered offensive juggernaut. i think after next year Cuban will be working on plans for a new 2 billion dollar arena for the Mavs. they will become Texas' team

Chieflion
09-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Sounds like Pheonix Suns 2005 to me.

Trainwreck2100
09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
don't forget the giant screen

mavs>spurs2
09-27-2009, 12:19 AM
don't forget the giant screen

lame smack aside, yall ain't beating us this year

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:32 AM
The fact that you refer to the Mavs as "us", as though you are a player, coach, executive, or someone who actually contributes to the team's success or failures is why you fail.

badfish22
09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
The fact that you refer to the Mavs as "us", as though you are a player, coach, executive, or someone who actually contributes to the team's success or failures is why you fail.
Its called being a fan dumbass

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Its called being a fan dumbass

No it's thinking you're more important than you really are, dumbass.

mavs>spurs2
09-27-2009, 12:36 AM

i won't give out details, but i'm a member of the mavericks organization

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:37 AM
There is a world of difference between being a fan of a team and being an actual part of the team. I'm a fan of the Spurs. I'm not part of the Spurs.

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:38 AM

wearing a mavericks swingman jersey doesn't make you a member of the organization.

mavs>spurs2
09-27-2009, 12:41 AM
wearing a mavericks swingman jersey doesn't make you a member of the organization.

lol no

badfish22
09-27-2009, 12:47 AM
No it's thinking you're more important than you really are, dumbass.

I know your ashamed of being a Spur fan, but those of us who love our team feel that were apart of them. They represent our city, meaning they are OUR team.

So we can say things like "ya'll ain't beating us this year"

Strike
09-27-2009, 12:52 AM
I know your ashamed of being a Spur fan, but those of us who love our team feel that were apart of them. They represent our city, meaning they are OUR team.

So we can say things like "ya'll ain't beating us this year"

You can say "we" and "y'all" and "us" all you want. It makes you a douche but you're more than welcome to say it. Feel free to be douche-tastic. It's your prerogative. And, no it's NOT your team unless you are an owner of the team.

Oh, by the way....

I know your ashamed of being a Spur fan,

Really? I just don't get it. :bang

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:13 AM
You better hope you beat 'em. Else, what's happened since they beat your ass 4-1 will seem like Sunday School.

poop
09-27-2009, 01:15 AM
the JUMBOTRON in the upcoming MAVS ARENA will be 600 ft across. they will charge $68 for parking, all the big celebrities will be there(but will show up 8 minutes into the 1st quarter and will be on their phone the duration of the game), beers will be $14 a cup

badfish22
09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
You can say "we" and "y'all" and "us" all you want. It makes you a douche but you're more than welcome to say it. Feel free to be douche-tastic. It's your prerogative. And, no it's NOT your team unless you are an owner of the team.
Wow you really are ashamed of being a spur fan

Oh, by the way....

Really? I just don't get it. :bang
I'm glad you went back and analyzed my post for a while until you found a grammar mistake, really makes me feel better about my life.

badfish22
09-27-2009, 01:21 AM
the JUMBOTRON in the upcoming MAVS ARENA will be 600 ft across. they will charge $68 for parking, all the big celebrities will be there(but will show up 8 minutes into the 1st quarter and will be on their phone the duration of the game), beers will be $14 a cup
Somebody's jealous :hat

poop
09-27-2009, 01:25 AM
its true, i toss and turn at night wishing i could be in dallas...the jealousy stings me so bad

redzero
09-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Hopefully, the Mavs will own the Spurs for the Hornets.

badfish22
09-27-2009, 01:28 AM
its true, i toss and turn at night wishing i could be in dallas...the jealousy stings me so bad
I know you're like "Damn I wish celebrities gave a damn about San Antonio, and I wish we could have nice video screens"
That would suck

My Fault
09-27-2009, 02:05 AM

Lol someone telling a lie on the internet... That's new

ehz33satx
09-27-2009, 02:06 AM
How will the Mavs stop Dejuan Blair?

DJB
09-27-2009, 02:53 AM

:tu

KSeal
09-27-2009, 03:13 AM

lol no ACL's.

cobbler
09-27-2009, 03:39 AM

Pretty lame on your part IMO. Most fans use "us", "we", "our" etc when refering to their teams. And your comment is actually incorrect as well. If you support the team by purchasing merchandise, tickets, and concessions you are in fact contributing to the teams success.

J.T.
09-27-2009, 04:26 AM
Pretty lame on your part IMO. Most fans use "us", "we", "our" etc when refering to their teams. And your comment is actually incorrect as well. If you support the team by purchasing merchandise, tickets, and concessions you are in fact contributing to the teams success.

+1

Strike, I can respect going out of your way to avoid saying things like "we" and "us" yourself if you don't like it, but calling people douches over it only makes you come off as one. Try again.

Dunc n Dave
09-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Only through 3 routes can Spurs avoid getting swept by the stacked Mavs next season.

1. by murdering some of Mavs pivotal players

2. by bribing the refs that whistle the Mavs vs. Spurs games

3. by receiving one or two more superstars without losing shit, resembling the Gasol trade.

more talent does not always equal more playoff wins... see the Phoenix Suns of the mid 2000's, the Arenas, Butler, Jamison-led Wizards and the Sonics that lost to Denver in 1st round, just to name a few. All of those teams had superior talent to their playoff foes, but lost to opponents who played better as a TEAM...

Collecting old stars does not guarantee anything but some games on the IL.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 09:57 AM
see the Phoenix Suns of the mid 2000's

That one year ya cheated 'em, Dunc. You ookey-doked 'em. Duncan ran up behind them-got down on all fours and Horry pushed the whole kit & kaboodle ass over tea cup. Then you continued on to where that looney tunes Wallace had reverted to form and did his impression of CWEBB\showing Horry his back.

SSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhaazzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!

Strike
09-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Financial success is not the same as success on the court. Buying a jersey, a game ticket, or a 6 dollar beer has no bearing on how many games the Spurs win.

I know that a lot of people refer to teams as "us". I have friends that do that. And it grates me every time I hear or read it. Just because a lot of people do it doesn't make it any less lame. In my opinion, anyone who does that places too much importance on a professional sports team. If you have so little going on in your life that you have to identify with a basketball team, it's time to put down the remote, get off the couch and get a hobby.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 10:14 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 10:15 AM
How will the Spurs beat the Mavs?

Easily...

Strike
09-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Anyway, I think the Spurs, as long as they are healthy, could be a better team this year than they have in quite some time. I don't see them having much of an issue with Dallas this year.

Muser
09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
By scoring more points.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I know that a lot of people refer to teams as "us". I have friends that do that. And it grates me every time I hear or read it. Just because a lot of people do it doesn't make it any less lame. In my opinion, anyone who does that places too much importance on a professional sports team. If you have so little going on in your life that you have to identify with a basketball team, it's time to put down the remote, get off the couch and get a hobby.

The intrinsic value of the relationship is the reward for each person who does indeed live thru their sports team. The win/loss means absolutely nothing in the real world, but means absolutely everything in "this" world or, the world each of us creates. It ain't cancer and it ain't financial ruin and it ain't cancer. & best of all: it don't matter a squint. But, you can't ponder that (it don't matter a squint). If you do (and as one gets older and closer to the dirt you kinda go there) then you can't come here and play serious grab ass and count ringage and ToDs. It's a slippery slope.

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see." - Henry David Thoreau

djohn2oo8
09-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Hopefully, the Mavs will own the Spurs for the Hornets.

Srry dude, the Hornets are gettin owned by the Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, and Grizzlies.....And regular season games do not translate to playoff wins

BUMP
09-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The intrinsic value of the relationship is the reward for each person who does indeed live thru their sports team. The win/loss means absolutely nothing in the real world, but means absolutely everything in "this" world or, the world each of us creates. It ain't cancer and it ain't financial ruin and it ain't cancer. & best of all: it don't matter a squint. But, you can't ponder that (it don't matter a squint). If you do (and as one gets older and closer to the dirt you kinda go there) then you can't come here and play serious grab ass and count ringage and ToDs. It's a slippery slope.

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see." - Henry David Thoreau

Do you think you could help me in my creative writing class?

I'm being totally serious

Flux451
09-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Dirk chokes. Marion tries to save the game by shooting 3's 2 consecutive possessions in a row. Bricking both. Hires Sam Perkins to help with shooting form.

Terry taunts Mason the whole game on the Mavs homecourt and Mason hits a game winner buzzer in his faces and slaps his ass. The jumbotron shows the vivid slow motion Close up of his ass...so clear is the picture you can see his ass ripple.

DUncan wins with a three in Dirk's grill.

RJ dunks on Gooden. Ratliff blocks a last second shot by Dirk and Spurs win by two.

DUh.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Do you think you could help me in my creative writing class?

I'm being totally serious

Boiled down I'm just saying:::there is life: (kids/wife/family/job/money/death/near death/9/11 and then there is this: (NBA/us, & NFL, MLB et al). "this" don't mean shit on gross examination. The key, BUMP, is to not examine it whatsoever. If you do you run the risk of spoiling it for yourself.

"The question is not what you look at (empty NBA) but, what you see." (The Mavs up 2-0 on the cusp of 3-0).

BUMP
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
All was quiet in Dwayne Wade's house
Not a creature stirred, not even a mouse
The trophy was in sight it was there for the taking,
Until the Mavs underwent an anal raping
With the Heat on the verge of elimination,
Wade put on his best MJ imitation.
The Mavs were executed, the Heat full of life
Who took the worst of it though? The excercise bike

The biggest chokejob in history, indeed
Only to follow up next year, with a loss to the 8th seed

bam jigga bam jigga bam
bam jigga bam jigga bam

Magnimus Bumpus

redzero
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Srry dude, the Hornets are gettin owned by the Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, and Grizzlies.....And regular season games do not translate to playoff wins

And I wonder how you came to that conclusion.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 12:16 PM
"The question is not what you look at (empty NBA) but, what you see." (The Mavs up 2-0 on the cusp of 3-0).

BUMP, I did not lodge the above to redden yer ass, but, for you to use as an example of what I was tryin' to say. On the cusp of 3-0 then you were giddy, nearing maniacal as it came into clear view. I was as well. Frankly, I didn't care about you winning,,,I just didn't want Miami to win. There is a moment in every Finals where you know whether yer going to win OR lose. The assurance of losing is no less intense than the assurance of winning. Winning is good. But, you can't beat not losing.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM

bam jigga bam jigga bam
bam jigga bam jigga bam

Magnimus Bumpus
Epic, Bumpage...Epic.

redzero
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM

bam jigga bam jigga bam
bam jigga bam jigga bam

Magnimus Bumpus

It's... beautiful.

Hornets1
09-27-2009, 01:01 PM

No, they aren't. We will own the Rockets and Grizz this year. Rockets fans talking about playoff wins is just :lmao. Even if we don't win a playoff series, we will be there and the Rockets prolly won't. The Mavs won't own us either, not with J-Kidd running the point and being destroyed by Paul. Spurs might win more in the series w/ us, but sure as shit won't "own" us.

Leetonidas
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Lame smack aside, the Spurs will probably dominate the Mavericks this year. They did good by picking up the Spurs' #1 postseason bitch, well #2 behind Kenyon Martin, in Shawn Marion. If the Spurs are healthy they will stomp the Mavericks easy. No smack talk here. They're just gonna beat a team they're supposed to beat.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
the Spurs will probably

:lmao

badfish22
09-27-2009, 01:38 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Man, are you really laughing! I mean look at him, he is so confident of hes just laughing! It makes him look so smart!
:rolleyes :bang

Amarelooms
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Spurs want no part of the Mavs come playoff time...expect them to lose games if need be to avoid that matchup :elephant

DPG21920
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Mavs are still a tough match up for the Spurs, but RJ really helps a lot. Especially against the Mavs.

jazzypimp
09-27-2009, 02:11 PM

Hey dj you forgot to tell us who the rockets are getting owned by this year?? it's ok.. let it out!:lol

TIMMYD!
09-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Fuck Mavs no championships
suck it
Dirk Noringzki
Paper Airplane Terry

jazzypimp
09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
suck it
Dirk Noringzki
Paper Airplane Terry

:lmao:lmao:lmao
sorry... jazz have no rings either but that shit was funny

djohn2oo8
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
I guess its utah's goal in life to beat houston, since they haven't done anything else

jazzypimp
09-27-2009, 02:22 PM
lakers beat jazz 4-1, nuff said

Are you insinuating that the lakers are worse than the rockets?? your fucking comment has nothing to do with what I asked you dick cheese

Basketballgirl25
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
more talent does not always equal more playoff wins...

thank you for saying this. I don't like all fans saying the team they root for got better and will be top whatever in the NBA. You can never be sure till the season starts how a team will do. I saw this first hand in 2007-2008 season, beginning of the season Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson all said the Nets would be great that season. Yeah, not so great. More talent does not always equal more wins in the NBA.

BlackBellamy
09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
In a similar way to this...
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/Black_Bellamy/office-space.jpg
The Mavs have been the broken fax machine to our Spurs office worker for too long.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I guess its utah's goal in life to beat houston, since they haven't done anything else

It's true, Jazzy, dj is right here.

tee, hee.

koriwhat
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
+1

Strike, I can respect going out of your way to avoid saying things like "we" and "us" yourself if you don't like it, but calling people douches over it only makes you come off as one. Try again.

true that!

koriwhat
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Financial success is not the same as success on the court. Buying a jersey, a game ticket, or a 6 dollar beer has no bearing on how many games the Spurs win.

says the guy who signed up on a forum to follow his teams news and chitchat with fellow fans all the while wasting his life on the net.

jazzypimp
09-27-2009, 04:03 PM

You are the biggest pussy face rockets fan on here. take your 2 jordanless rings and shove it up your ass. Don't talk like you got some fucking Dynasty goin on you fuckin midget wrangler. What the fuck does deflecting the question got to do with anything? We whip your fucking ass every time we see you in the playoffs so who fucking cares?? What the fuck are your goals salad tosser?? All you can do is jump back on the fuckin lakers dick to have something to say right?? Fuck off you piece of Culburn shit!

jazzypimp
09-27-2009, 04:07 PM
It's true, Jazzy, dj is right here.

tee, hee.

Shut the fuck up cockburn I am not even tryin to talk to your bitch ass today, you 55 year old shit burglar!

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
you 55 year old shit burglar!

Uh, 56.

jejejeje!!!

Ghazi
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
My prediction:

Spurs get off to good start, Spurs fans start talking about how they'll fare in WCF against Lakers... then Duncan/Manu fade down the stretch since they're old and brittle and the Spurs get face fucked in the 1st/2nd round and we're subjugated to a third straight year of excuses.

Dejavu :)... and of course next offseason optimism will be back.

Strike
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
says the guy who signed up on a forum to follow his teams news and chitchat with fellow fans all the while wasting his life on the net.

That's funny considering you have more posts than me and have been signed up nearly 2 years less than me. Nice try, though. :lol

DPG21920
09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
My prediction:

Spurs get off to good start, Spurs fans start talking about how they'll fare in WCF against Lakers... then Duncan/Manu fade down the stretch since they're old and brittle and the Spurs get face fucked in the 1st/2nd round and we're subjugated to a third straight year of excuses.

We love our team :elephant:cheer

cobbler
09-27-2009, 05:35 PM

I disagree. Financial success of a team can and often does have a direct bearing on the court. It allows owners the flexability to go over the luxury tax and obtain players they may not have been in the position to get if they were not profitable to begin with.

It has nothing to do with a sports team. It's human nature. You associate with whatever you wish, sports teams, community, region, and the terms "we", "us", "our" are used. I personally have a lot going on in my life and have multiple hobbies along with a pretty good career. That I identify with community or local teams and use the afore mentioned terms in no way diminishes my worth as a person. It's called being a fan. The only one who looks foolish in this argument is the person that lets something so trivial "grate" them. Maybe it's time to put down the mouse and keyboard if you have nothing better to do than diss someone for associating with their team.

Strike
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I disagree. Financial success of a team can and often does have a direct bearing on the court. It allows owners the flexability to go over the luxury tax and obtain players they may not have been in the position to get if they were not profitable to begin with.

It has nothing to do with a sports team. It's human nature. You associate with whatever you wish, sports teams, community, region, and the terms "we", "us", "our" are used. I personally have a lot going on in my life and have multiple hobbies along with a pretty good career. That I identify with community or local teams and use the afore mentioned terms in no way diminishes my worth as a person. It's called being a fan. The only one who looks foolish in this argument is the person that lets something so trivial "grate" them. Maybe it's time to put down the mouse and keyboard if you have nothing better to do that diss someone for associating with their team.

Very good points. And, from a Laker fan, no less. I guess I'm in the minority here. Oh well, no worries. I'm over it. Time to shift focus back to "your" teams and "my" team. :toast

cobbler
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Very good points. And, from a Laker fan, no less. I guess I'm in the minority here. Oh well, no worries. I'm over it. Time to shift focus back to "your" teams and "my" team. :toast

Touchee! Another point I didn't mention was home court advantage. Certainly the fans have some impact there on the teams success no?

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Being Healthy.

Lars
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think jump shooting teams can be successful, especially since the Mavs don't have a heavy emphasis on defense. 2nd round probably, with a possibility of making it to the WCF.

DrHouse
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM

He is a fan you dumbass and if fans like him don't watch the games on TV, don't buy tickets and merchandise, then there won't be a Mavericks team PERIOD.

Strike
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
He is a fan you dumbass and if fans like him don't watch the games on TV, don't buy tickets and merchandise, then there won't be a Mavericks team PERIOD.

Seeing as how you're one of the biggest douchebags in the entire forum, I'll take your drivel with a grain of salt.

mavs>spurs2
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Seeing as how you're one of the biggest douchebags in the entire forum, I'll take your drivel with a grain of salt.

says the douche with a zombie avatar and matching headline :lol

badfish22
09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
suck it
Dirk Noringzki
Paper Airplane Terry

:lol Looks like someone got a little upset

DPG21920
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Do yall even talk basketball? Or do you just argue about nothing back and forth all of the time?

Dunc n Dave
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
My prediction:

That's funny coming from a Mavs fan, whose team's Top 6 players have an average age of 32.1 compared to the Spurs Top 6 at 30.8.

By that reasoning, if Manu or Duncan start to fizzle out, that must mean that Dirk, Marion, Terry, Damp, and Kidd will all fizzle out at the same time (since they are all at least 31 or older), leaving no one but a 29 year old injury plagued Josh Howard to carry the torch for the Mavs. Your logic is sound...

TimDunkem
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Do yall even talk basketball? Or do you just argue about nothing back and forth all of the time?
The NBA section of the forum is essentially the flame/hate area.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
The Spurs section of the forum is essentially a circle jerk/love area.

badfish22
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
That's funny coming from a Mavs fan, whose team's Top 6 players have an average age of 32.1 compared to the Spurs Top 6 at 30.8.

By that reasoning, if Manu or Duncan start to fizzle out, that must mean that Dirk, Marion, Terry, Damp, and Kidd will all fizzle out at the same time (since they are all at least 31 or older), leaving no one but a 29 year old injury plagued Josh Howard to carry the torch for the Mavs. Your logic is sound...

Thats funny considering Dirk missed 0 games due to injury, Kidd only missed one, and Damp only missed two. Jet missed 8 but before hasn't missed more than two games since the 01-02 season

All those combined don't come close to Manus time missed.
Duncans knees were bad late last year also

Nice try though

TimDunkem
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Then why are you registered on Spurstalk? Would you care if it was a Laker forum?

xellos88330
09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Thats funny considering Dirk missed 0 games due to injury, Kidd only missed one, and Damp only missed two. Jet missed 8 but before hasn't missed more than two games since the 01-02 season

Nice try though

Doesn't that mean that the Mavs are due an injury or two??? *Pulls out the good 'ol Louisville*

J/K

Flux451
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
NIGHT - LAKER GAME - UPPER DECK

Laker fan from ST: "Hey dude, this game rocks. Reminds me of last night. Man, I totally
owned this Spurs fan on the NBA forum."

Random Laker fan @game: "Really. What NBA forum?"

Laker fan from ST: "You know that one. um-NBAforum.com."

Random Laker fan @game: "Are you fucking kidding me? You mean Spurstalk.com?"

Laker fan from ST: "...um...no, I was on the Official NBA forum site on http:..uh, I can
email you the link later, if you want."

Random Laker fan @game: "What the fuk are you doing, man? That's a Spurs website.
I know its the NBA forum part of the Spurstalk site. But
come on, dumbass."

Laker fan from ST: "I-I-am doing a survey and trying to convince the Admins to change
the name of NBA forum side to Lakertalk. I think we can do this."

Random Laker fan: "Poser. I am gonna go trade seats with that fag wearing the Yellow
and Purple clown wig."

TimDunkem
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Bitch
Ladyboy.

DPG21920
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM

You obviously don't frequent that section.

Dunc n Dave
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM

Nice try though

You seem to forget that before last season Manu only missed a total of 15 games the 2 seasons prior (8 in 07-08, and 7 games in 06-07). And several of those were because Popovich held him out to rest hip bruises, even though he wanted to play.

Duncan only missed 7 games last year and only 4 in 07-08, and 2 in 06-07.
The Spurs no longer need Duncan and Manu to be 100% to win, with the additions of Jefferson, McDyess, Blair, and Parker coming off a career year.

Funny how you left Josh Howard out of your argument. If he doesn't support your argument you just forget about him, huh? Josh Howard missed 30 games last year, and looking over his career, he's missed WAY MORE games than Manu in the past 5 years.

Damp had a year where he missed 26 games for Dallas and he's bounced back from it, yet you act like Manu won't be able to do the same? I guess only Mavs players can comeback 100% from injury, right? Damp is older than Duncan but he's gonna make it through the entire season okay and Duncan won't?

You also "forgot" to mention Marion missing 13 games last year and 19 games the previous year.

Let me sum it up for you... the Spurs Top 6 players only had 1 more missed game (55) due to injury than the Mavs Top 6 did (54).

Therefore, maybe the Mavs fans should be worried about their OWN players "breaking down" this year, especially since they are OLDER than the Spurs Top 6.

Nice try...:toast

Findog
09-27-2009, 11:17 PM
You obviously don't frequent that section.

Nevertheless, it holds little to no interest for non-Spur fans.

badfish22
09-27-2009, 11:26 PM
You seem to forget that before last season Manu only missed a total of 15 games the 2 seasons prior (8 in 07-08, and 7 games in 06-07). And several of those were because Popovich held him out to rest hip bruises, even though he wanted to play.

The Spurs no longer need Duncan and Manu to be 100% to win, with the additions of Jefferson, McDyess, Blair, and Parker coming off a career year.

Funny how you left Josh Howard out of your argument. If he doesn't support your argument you just forget about him, huh? Josh Howard missed 30 games last year, and looking over his career, he's missed WAY MORE games than Manu in the past 5 years.

Damp had a year where he missed 26 games for Dallas and he's bounced back from it, yet you act like Manu won't be able to do the same? I guess only Mavs players can comeback 100% from injury, right? Damp is older than Duncan but he's gonna make it through the entire season okay and Duncan won't?

You also "forgot" to mention Marion missing 13 games last year and 19 games the previous year.

Let me sum it up for you... the Spurs Top 6 players only had 1 more missed game (55) due to injury than the Mavs Top 6 did (54).

Therefore, maybe the Mavs fans should be worried about their OWN players "breaking down" this year, especially since they are OLDER than the Spurs Top 6.

Please I didn't include Howard in my argument because i was responding to this "Manu or Duncan start to fizzle out, that must mean that Dirk, Marion, Terry, Damp, and Kidd will all fizzle out at the same time"

And didn't include Marion in my argument because he switched teams during the season so I didn't really know exactly how many games he missed due to injury.

Plus Howard finally got that long overdue ankle surgery, so he should be good to go.

DPG21920
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Nevertheless, it holds little to no interest for non-Spur fans.

That would be a safe assumption. But it is definitely not a bunch of Spurs fans kissing each others butts.

Unholy Turkey
09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
By scoring more points.

timtonymanurich
09-28-2009, 12:00 AM

-----Said the scared Dallas Fan.

RJ hasn't had an injury in 2 years, can drop 20pts. and 6-7 rbs. on anyone--ANY given night, and YOU think we'll have trouble beating you this year???

Duncan has a MUCH stronger physical core, has lost 20lbs, and is healthy, TParks is just now hitting his prime and he OWNS Dallas btw.... Manu owns every other team out there especially Dallas, and is playing 100% finally, and the Spurs have the most athletic P/F and C rotation since D-Rob and Timmy!!

And you think that Shawn Marion is the key to Dallas' title woes? *****NEWSFLASH*******
Since leaving PHX, Marion hasn't had a year where he's shot both above 32% for the field, and last year his 3-pt % was 29%.

WOW!!! There's the friggin' answer that Cuban has been praying for!!! :bang:bang

Marion will be another over-payed, under-played benchwarmer like Ron Artest for the Fakers. Also, DO keep in mind that the Spurs re-vamped roster (Pops words) were "to compete with the Lakers" Not once did he ever mention Dallas as a factor. It's flattering to think that Dallas fans think that they're so much as a 'blip' on the Spurs radar. We want LA, and we'll beat them this year for the right to represent the West in the Finals--granted if Ron Artest doesn't beat them for us first.... :toast

Ron Artest = Sabotage :loser

timtonymanurich
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM

:owned

timtonymanurich
09-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Bitch

OOOOH! And that's supposed to prove some sort of point....
:owned

crc21209
09-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Talk about ANOTHER useless thread...

#2!
09-28-2009, 03:03 AM
I don't think jump shooting teams can be successful, especially since the Mavs don't have a heavy emphasis on defense. 2nd round probably, with a possibility of making it to the WCF.

best basketball analysis in here. your prize is reading 50 retarded posts to see if anyone replied.

mystargtr34
09-28-2009, 03:24 AM
By staying healthy.

xellos88330
09-28-2009, 04:43 AM
best basketball analysis in here. your prize is reading 50 retarded posts to see if anyone replied.

:lmao Nice!!!

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 05:01 AM
By staying healthy.

But, you have no control over that. We're all hang nails on the fickle finger of fate.

You can control (to a tangible extent) the path you choose of least resistance (jump shooting vs. low post oriented offense sets).

mavsluva
09-28-2009, 07:50 AM

I'm with Strike on this one. And to expand on what he's saying, you'd probably turn to your buddy after a Spurs win and say, "Man, WE played great tonight." On the other hand, if you ran into Tim Duncan in the parking lot after a Spurs victory, you would never turn to him and say, "Man, WE played great tonight."

Lars
09-28-2009, 08:17 AM

Good to know atleast some people come here looking to talk actual bball =)

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Good to know atleast some people come here looking to talk actual bball =)

Hell, there ain't any other choice now that Bryant rang/sans Daddy. The killer? You all not only lost that sweet advantage (Kobe no ring/sans Daddy) but, by natural default we garnered our 15th. It's like the perfect storm, double whammy, et al, etc..

s0ldEONs0ul
09-28-2009, 09:30 AM

Oh wow, I thought the almighty Culburn was always undaunted. Color me unimpressed.

hater
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
My prediction:

this is a likely scenario. Except...

1. Unlike other seasons, Spurs now have solid role players to help keep fresh our old stars
2. even if this happens, by start of next season Spurs will still have 4 rings, mavs 0 rings.

Culburn369
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
this is a likely scenario. Except...

1. Unlike other seasons, Spurs now have solid role players to help keep fresh our old stars
2. even if this happens, by start of next season Spurs will still have 4 rings, mavs 0 rings.

&

3. Ipso fatso, we'll have 16 rings, hater?

Morg1411
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
How will the Spurs beat the Mavs this season?

With their eyes closed. Next!

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Eh, idiotic Mavs band wagoners. Here's a token for your troubles.
http://nuclear.tamu.edu/~johnm/award.jpg

Ditty
09-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Eh, idiotic Mavs band wagoners. Here's a token for your troubles.
http://nuclear.tamu.edu/~johnm/award.jpg

:lmao

fuck the mavs

hater
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
&

3. Ipso fatso, we'll have 16 rings, hater?

not likely. not likely that major injuries to top 3 other teams will happen again this season.

Basketballgirl25
09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Doesn't that mean that the Mavs are due an injury or two???

I can see that happening

mavs>spurs2
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I can see that happening

Why don't you injure the fingers you use to type with

Rogue
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I can see that happening

Obviously you're immune to the shame that most idiots feel about themselves when they say something retarded, because you keep makin retarded post after retarded mothaf*ckin post. Have you ever considered masturbation? I mean instead of wasting your time dirtying up our board with your foul mouth, the same one you use to kiss your mother I mean.