PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets are delusional

Supergirl
09-27-2009, 07:56 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmEcEIqejL.IxGJ3gbyg8x28vLYF?slug=ap-nuggets&prov=ap&type=lgns

Talkin' smack about how they didn't really need to upgrade in order to compete in the West this upcoming year. You know, they didn't *really* get their asses handed to them by the Lakers and they're better than the Spurs, Mavs and Hornets. Uh huh.

Let's see if Nene can make it through a second season injury free, shall we?

And Carmelo Anthony is just about the most overrated player to set foot on the court.

Muser
09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Denver could beat SA/Dallas and the Hornets in a 7 game series.

Muser
09-27-2009, 08:47 AM
But of course having Chauncey as their leader will only get them as far as the WCF.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 09:41 AM
They're losers.

JamStone
09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Denver didn't get their asses handed to them by the Lakers in that series, except for game 6. Games 1 and 3 were totally in their grasp, but the Lakers made plays late in those two games to get the wins. If Denver doesn't make a few bone-headed mistakes late in those games and wins either of those two games, they could definitely could have taken the series. Of course, that's all coulda, woulda, shoulda shit, but I agree that they didn't get their asses handed to them by the Lakers. They got beat, but they didn't get trucked.

And, I see no problem with them thinking they're better than the Spurs, Mavs, and Hornets. They may or may not be, but I don't see a problem with them thinking they are. Most pro athletes on good teams think that way. They wouldn't be the first.

And, criticizing Nene for not being able to stay healthy would be the same as someone criticizing Manu for not staying healthy.

Carmelo isn't even that highly rated. As an overall basketball player, he's not mentioned in the likes of Kobe, LeBron, and Dwyane. But, if we're strictly talking about offense, offensive skills, he is mentioned highly and should be. If he's not the best pure scorer in the league, he's in the top 3. He's not overrated offensively. And, he isn't rated that highly overall. So, I don't think he's overrated. You want to talk about players like Dwight Howard or Chris Webber or John Stockton, then we can talk about the most overrated players ever to step on the court.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Of course, that's all coulda, woulda, shoulda shit

But, growin' up in here with the Spurs Fandom\Mr. coulda, woulda, shoulda shit you were compelled.

:rolleyes

Supergirl
09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Carmelo is overrated because he's currently got a team built around him, the same way Kobe, Lebron, Tim, Dwight Howard do. And he's not that good. Carmelo is a quality #2 man but will never win on a team where he's the centerpiece. I think the same thing about Amare, BTW.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Carmelo is overrated because he's currently got a team built around him, the same way Kobe, Lebron, Tim, Dwight Howard do. And he's not that good. Carmelo is a quality #2 man but will never win on a team where he's the centerpiece. I think the same thing about Amare, BTW.

Matzel, Matzel, good things, Supe.

23LeBronJames23
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Lakers paid the refs to win the game vs nuggets...

Muser
09-27-2009, 10:59 AM
loltacker.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 11:03 AM

& we got what we paid for.

tee, hee.

SenorSpur
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Sure the Nuggest made progress and took steps forward, as a team. They went deeper in the playoffs than at any time in since their ABA days - and they should be given credit for that. They will and should be looked at as a force in the Western conference this year, too. The concern for them this year should be two things: 1. the other Western powers got better, while the Nuggets lost a couple of contributing players. 2. playoff hangover.

However, as is always been the case with the "rich-n-creamies", talent is never the issue with them - rather it's their mentality. They still talk and behave exactly the way you'd expect from an inexperienced team - they think they've already arrived. What you don't hear from these guys is RESPECT for their opponents and the recognition that they have more work to do in order to maintain a championship level.

All off season, these guys, particularly Martin, have been popping off about THEM having been the best team throughout last season's playoffs. Martin continued to preach to everyone how they all feel as though THEY were the TRUE NBA champions. Those statements alone lend credo to the fact that the Nuggets ARE delusional.

Besides, any team that features that "faux", tough guy, Kenyon Martin and the mercurial, dumb-ass, J.R. Smith will never be successful.

23LeBronJames23
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM

and Magic didnt even try in the Finals...

anyways good job kobe bryant!

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 11:35 AM
and Magic didnt even try in the Finals...

anyways good job kobe bryant!

...don't ferget:::sans Daddy.

tee, hee.

JamStone
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Who rates him in the same category as Kobe, LeBron, and Duncan?

To say he's overrated like that, there have to be people that actually believe that and make that claim. Most people don't put Carmelo at that same level as Kobe and LeBron.

It's one thing to say he'll never win as the centerpiece of a team. But, you said he was just about the most overrated player to set foot on the court. Well who rates him that high?

iggypop123
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
i wonder what the magic paid for that 4th quarter where they had a 18-0 FT advantage. doesnt matter we beat them

mingus
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
"I think other teams made moves after looking at where we were" ~ Kenyon Martin

how is this guy not in a mental asylum?

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I disagree. Nuggets are not in Spurs/Mavs league anymore.

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Losing Linas Klieza and Chauncey getting older just puts them out of the question.

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I disagree. Nuggets are not in Spurs/Mavs league anymore.

Please. They never were.

Summers
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
And, I see no problem with them thinking they're better than the Spurs, Mavs, and Hornets. They may or may not be, but I don't see a problem with them thinking they are. Most pro athletes on good teams think that way. They wouldn't be the first.

I agree. If they didn't think they could come out on top of an 82-game season, why would they bother showing up to training camp?

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
& we got what we paid for.

tee, hee.

Just like all the other championships :lol

Tee, Hee

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Please. They never were.

Explains how the Nuggets whooped the Mavs :lol

Culburn369
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Explains how the Nuggets whooped the Mavs :lol

Uh, oh. I got caught tiptoein' thru the tulip patch.

#2!
09-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Matzel, Matzel, good things, Supe.

mmmmmm....soouuup

picc84
09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Kmarts delusions make me more secure that the Nuggets will stand pat and remain a 2nd tier WC team.

I will sleep easier tonight.