PDA

View Full Version : keenum hype

bugoy
09-27-2009, 10:25 PM
my UH friend has a question :rolleyes

how come keenum is leading practically every stat (above colt mccoy) and threw for 430 yds against tech (colt threw 205) ... but case isn't a heisman frontrunner yet?

kbrury
09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman09/index

hes at the right place for now, plus a lot of it comes from the system Houston plays. Look up the last guy who won the Heisman at Houston then look at that guy's nfl career.

bugoy
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
shes still preaching on her soapbox -________-

I was measuring performance against texas tech because it's the same opponent that UH and Texas played this year. So you can't say that Keenum only put up higher stats because he plays worse teams. Colt hasn't even played a ranked opponent this year. Plus UT played 4 games already this season, and UH only played 3 and we still have more yards.

And 2 of the 3 games we played were against Big 12.

Heisman is about the impact of one player on their team, not the ability for one person to perform on the same level as the rest of the team.

kbrury
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
While its not in the rules its all about perception also even though UH has had the tougher schedule people will just think its all about the system same reason why Tech QBs don't win heisman trophies.

I do believe Keenum has played the best so far but no one has really heard of him until this month and its to his misfortune that he will be playing CUSA games now instead of games against known programs.

The last Heisman winner to not be from a major conference was Detmer I believe which was a long ass time ago.

Whisky Dog
09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't be comparing him to Colt as far as performance because until this last game against UTEP Colt wasn't putting up Heisman winning performances. His chance will come against teams like OU, Mizzou, Ok St and KU. The big factor is if they run the table and get in the title game.

Be happy with the tec choke job giveaway and don't worry about the heisman for your system QB

Spursfan092120
09-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Be happy with the tec choke job giveaway and don't worry about the heisman for your system QB
This +1

CagedMonky
09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Guess we will never know what would have happened with the Coogs down 8 had tech kicked the fg.

And our FG kicker choked our way out of 6 pts.