PDA

View Full Version : Rasho's and TD's ankle sprains are blessings in disguise

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 12:45 PM
What have the Spurs found out since the ankle injuries?

They have found out that Massenburgh, Nazr and Marks can be great backup bigs in the playoffs.

They have found out that both our starting guards can carry and will the team to victory and lead the team in trying times.

This would not have been possible had TD and Rasho remained healthy this year.

When the Spurs have failed to win in the playoffs in yrs past, it was because teams took away TD and dared the rest of the players to beat them, which they failed miserably.

This years team will have confidence in starting guards and their 6-10 players like no other year, when the chips are down.

Take away TD from the offense?
No problem, we have a multitude of weapons to win with now.

Huge silver lining to these injuries...... :smokin

alamo50
04-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Rasho's injury will only be a blessing in disguise when Mohammed will also take over the starting center position when Rasho is back at 100%.

Phenomanul
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't expect Mohammed to rebound as well as he has lately when Tim comes back to man the 'post'. I may be wrong though.

I still think Rasho is the better mid-range shooter and thus is able to complement Tim's game a little better.

Ishta
04-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I agree it was a blessing in disguise, BUT OMG it was painful in the begining. This team has really stepped up, and have shown they don't need Tim to win! The confidence factor will be HUGE for us in the next few weeks... Having Tim back will only make it even sweeter to watch teams try to figure out what to do against us. The multitude of different playmakers is well nothing short of greatness!!

Believe

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Rasho's injury will only be a blessing in disguise when Mohammed will also take over the starting center position when Rasho is back at 100%.

I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Mo still has a long way to go on D. His rebounding is great, but will probably decrease a lot when TD/Rasho are back in the lineup. I hope he can maintain his level of aggressiveness and still get good rebounding position when everyone's healthy.

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
but will probably decrease a lot when TD/Rasho are back in the lineup.

I disagree.

[QUOTE]I think with Duncan and Rasho his rebounding will remain the same.

Once again, hes gotta get the minutes.

You cant just play the guy 10 minutes a game.

Hes gotta get 20 22 mins a game. Some of those have to come from Nesterovic.

His D looked OK last night, alot better than usual.

I think everyone is overlooking how well he played last night.

TwoHandJam
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Mo still has a long way to go on D. His rebounding is great, but will probably decrease a lot when TD/Rasho are back in the lineup. I hope he can maintain his level of aggressiveness and still get good rebounding position when everyone's healthy.
I don't see Nazr starting this year either, especially not this late in the season but I disagree that his rebounding numbers will decrease a lot. It seems that his real forte is offensive rebounding and TD and Rasho won't be taking to many of those away from him, if any. Most of the time, it seems that half of his rebounds are on the offensive glass.

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Hell be starting by the beginning of December next season.

Gauranteed.

He's that good.

timvp
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Where are Nazr's minutes going to come from once everyone is healthy? Duncan, Rasho and Horry will eat up most of the minutes in the playoffs.

Duncan 38
Rasho 25
Horry 25

After those three (and I could even see all three averages more minutes in the playoffs), there are only 8 minutes left.

It doesn't add up.

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:42 PM
you take about 10 mins from Rasho.

easily. and you only play Horry about 15 mins a game most of it in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

timvp
04-13-2005, 02:44 PM
So you play Rasho 15 minutes a game?

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Damn T Park, I hope Rasho doesn't hear you turn on him like that! :lol

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:47 PM
When is the last time Nesterovic got 12 boards in a half.

Thank you.

Plus, Mohammed is more athletic and will keep up with the bigs from Phoenix, Memphis, Denver and Sacramento.

Once again, thank you.

No need for applause, just throw money.

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Damn T Park, I hope Rasho doesn't hear you turn on him like that!

Just being honest, and I want what will get this team to the Championship.

BTW, PF CHangs is pretty easy to go to and not that expensive you cheap bastard.

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
"This is what it sounds liiiikke, when Rasho cries."

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
There is one in the quarry............

TwoHandJam
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Where are Nazr's minutes going to come from once everyone is healthy? Duncan, Rasho and Horry will eat up most of the minutes in the playoffs.

Duncan 38
Rasho 25
Horry 25

After those three (and I could even see all three averages more minutes in the playoffs), there are only 8 minutes left.

It doesn't add up.Rasho is often in foul trouble early because he usually has the toughest defensive assignment in the froncourt so Nazr will eat up some minutes there. Also, I don't expect Tim will be playing 38 mpg on that ankle anytime soon. At least not in the first round.

I could see Nazr getting 15mpg if he is performing well and staying out of foul trouble.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-13-2005, 03:58 PM
good post Jim, i really liked the end of it, i was pondering your post for at least minutes.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I hope Pop will be willing to evolve. He gets so stuck in his stubborness, and that is his worst attribute. If for whatever reason, Nazr plays better overall than Rasho, you make the move this year. I'm not too confident that will happen, but Pop must be willing and open to make that move if it does.

SPURS-SPURS-SPURS
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
What have the Spurs found out since the ankle injuries?

They have found out that Massenburgh, Nazr and Marks can be great backup bigs in the playoffs.

They have found out that both our starting guards can carry and will the team to victory and lead the team in trying times.

This would not have been possible had TD and Rasho remained healthy this year.

When the Spurs have failed to win in the playoffs in yrs past, it was because teams took away TD and dared the rest of the players to beat them, which they failed miserably.

This years team will have confidence in starting guards and their 6-10 players like no other year, when the chips are down.

Take away TD from the offense?
No problem, we have a multitude of weapons to win with now.

Huge silver lining to these injuries...... :smokin

no confidence in Marks at this point