PDA

View Full Version : Who guarded Manu?

tlongII
04-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Was it Stoudamire or Telfair? I know the smart-ass answer will be nobody, but I really would like to hear your opinion. I think Damon was covering him, but that is a stupid matchup.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Ruben guarded him quite a bit of the time, tlong.

exstatic
04-13-2005, 12:55 PM
^^^which is why he got the T, and almost got tossed. :lmao

spur219
04-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Several players did from Damon to Patterson and Miles.

tlongII
04-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Who was Telfair guarding most of the time? Parker?

tlongII
04-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Actually I'm most interested in who Damon and Telfair matched up against when they were both in the game...which was most of the time.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Ruben tried to be physical with Manu a lot during the game but it didn't work. The refs let Ruben get away with it which is cool. The play Ruben got the T was when he shoved Manu and tried to kick him when he was down. He was upset because Manu bodied into Ruben from the back while Patterson was in the air going to the basket. Ruben probably thought he could have been injured and he reacted. It was a culmination of a lot of pushing and pulling all night between them and Manu doesn't back down.

What I was concerned about at the end of the game (last minute) was how badly Patterson was injured with his arm. He drove on Bowen and Bowen sort of pulled back from the contact and Patterson fell with Bowen toppling on top of him. Patterson's upper arm and shoulder caught the full brunt of the weight and fall. Ruben left the game. Does anyone know how he is today?

whottt
04-13-2005, 01:15 PM
You know, it seems like the Spurs didn't really have much in the way of set assignments last night...Manu and the NannyRapist was the one matchup that seemed to last thoughout the game...

Barry and Udrih both got some minutes on Stoudamire and I think Parker guarded Telfair and Stoudamire some as well. Bowen might have even spent some time on Telfair...

Don't quote me on any of that though because it was just a lousy lottery team and I didn't want to waste memory cells on it.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
As I remember:
Damon was defended by Parker
Telfair by Manu and Udrih
Patterson by Bowen and Manu
SAR by Horry
Przybilla by Nazr
Miles by Bowen, Barry (not for long) and GDog (not for long)

Spurs also ran a matchup zone part of the time.

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Miles was actually primarily guarded by Marks while Bowen was guarding Patterson and Outlaw. Bowen didn't guard Miles much at all.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 01:40 PM
At the other end:
Damon on Parker
Telfair on Bowen
Patterson on Manu
SAR on Horry
Przybilla on Nazr
Miles on Barry, Manu, GDog

Kori Ellis
04-13-2005, 01:46 PM
As I remember:
Damon was defended by Parker
Telfair by Manu and Udrih
Patterson by Bowen and Manu
SAR by Horry
Przybilla by Nazr

Spurs also ran a matchup zone part of the time.

I think ...
Damon by Parker
Telfair by Manu/Udrih/Bowen
Outlaw by Bowen
Patterson by Bowen/Manu/Barry
SAR by Horry
Przybilla by Nazr
Miles by Marks/Barry,GDog,Bowen (maybe one posession each)

Most of Miles' points in his 19 minutes were against Marks.

At the other end:
Damon on Parker
Telfair on Bowen
Patterson on Manu
SAR on Horry
Przybilla on Nazr
Miles on Barry, Manu, GDog

That's pretty accurate.

tlongII
04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks. The biggest problem with the Blazers future is defense in my opinion. Przybilla has done a good job, but that's about it. Having Damon and Telfair as your two starting guards is a joke defensively. However, Damon will be gone after this year and we will have a high lottery pick to add to the roster. I still think we will suck next year though. We should be pretty good by the 2006-2007 season.

bigzak25
04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
sorry to interrupt, but speaking of Manu,

Kori, can you tell him to stop playing with his hair when he's on the bench...thanks.

johnny00
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
^^^^^ With some better coaching and a decent draft pick (maybe another guard) your team may be able to rattle some cages as soon as next year. IMO.

Although he's a thug I absolutley love the game Darius Miles brings to the court. Can you tell me why he isn't starting????

EasilyAmused
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
You know, it seems like the Spurs didn't really have much in the way of set assignments last night...Manu and the NannyRapist was the one matchup that seemed to last thoughout the game...

I am afraid to ask but why NannyRapist? :wow

sorry to interrupt, but speaking of Manu,

:lol but then I won't get those funny moments where TD plays with his hair!

tlongII
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
^^^^^ With some better coaching and a decent draft pick (maybe another guard) your team may be able to rattle some cages as soon as next year. IMO.

Although he's a thug I absolutley love the game Darius Miles brings to the court. Can you tell me why he isn't starting????

Miles is a bit of a head case. You never know what kind of effort you are going to get from him from one game to the next. He always plays well against the Spurs for some reason though. If he would put down the doobies and work at his game he could be solid player.

tlongII
04-13-2005, 02:19 PM

:lol but then I won't get those funny moments where TD plays with his hair!

Ruben Patterson was convicted of forcing his kid's nanny to perform oral sex on him a few years ago.

ducks
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
thong who do you want to coach the blazers?
I heard that all scouts and everyone will be fired if they do not make the playoffs this year.

FromWayDowntown
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Porty actually opened derending like this:

Telfair/Parker
Patterson/Ginobili
Stoudemire/Bowen
Rahim/Horry
Pryzbilla/Mohammad

As people shuffled through, the matchups obviously varied, but I think that's how Prichard wanted to defend in an optimal situation.

spurster
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
The Spurs run so many picks that it requires a team effort to stop Manu and TP. Last night, the pick defender wasn't very good, so both of them got into the lane at will, which gave Przybilla a lot of block opportunities. If Manu and TP could develop a 10-foot pullup that was money, there would be no stopping them.

tlongII
04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
thong who do you want to coach the blazers?
I heard that all scouts and everyone will be fired if they do not make the playoffs this year.

My preference for head coach would be Rick Adelman, but it looks like he's staying with the Kings. My second choice would be Phil Jackson.

Nobody will be fired for missing the playoffs, with the possible exception of John Nash.

whottt
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM

I shouldn't call him that too much...with the way he has defended Kobe in the past, and with Pop's affinity for scumbags, no doubt he'll be high on Pop's list when he becomes a FA....every other Blazer washout is.

tlongII
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I shouldn't call him that too much...with the way he has defended Kobe in the past, and with Pop's affinity for scumbags, no doubt he'll be high on Pop's list when he becomes a FA....every other Blazer washout is.

Personally I LOVE Ruben Patterson's game! The guy gives 100% at all times.

EasilyAmused
04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Ruben Patterson was convicted of forcing his kid's nanny to perform oral sex on him a few years ago.

Yikes!

and with Pop's affinity for scumbags, no doubt he'll be high on Pop's list when he becomes a FA....every other Blazer washout is.

pop has affinity for scumbags? :oops I thought it was the opposite.

whottt
04-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Personally I LOVE Ruben Patterson's game! The guy gives 100% at all times.

He plays hard, but he's a flake..he does some stupid stuff on the court sometimes too...I didn't see the whole thing last night, but I think he and Manu almost got into a fight or something.

whottt
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
pop has affinity for scumbags? :oops I thought it was the opposite.

He seems to pursue a lot of guys that fit my definition of scumbag...He usually doesn't end up signing them, but going after these guys just gets old that's all.

timvp
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Whottt sometimes is a soft fan.

Don't mind his soft rants.

T Park
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
whottt likes overhyped shooters who then shoot 1-5 but says its a "good" night.

whottt
04-13-2005, 03:25 PM
TPark and TimVP like convicted rapists.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 03:28 PM
:lol

Solid D
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM
How'd Darius hurt his neck yesterday, any way? Did Bruce karate chop him with his mysterious martial arts defensive techniques?

timvp
04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
TPark and TimVP like convicted rapists.

Like who?

whottt
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
David Wingate!

whottt
04-13-2005, 03:33 PM
And TPark is too fucking easy...

A quick search using the words Glenn and Robinson yeilds the following gold mine:

Wow, Glenn Robinson sounds like a winner.

Adios Spurs, youve lost my season tickets.

Then IMO, the guy is scum, and Im not totally exstatic over the signing.

Id rather lose with good guys, than win with shit heads like Iverson, Qyentell.

Color me dissapointed.

Shit, maybe I wont be going to any spurs games this year.

But, when you start signing guys like Glenn Robinson, then your totally undoing what you say you SUPPOSEDLY stand for.

It does honestly change my view of pop, if this guy plead guitly for beating up his wife.

Come on pop, you championed for years "We have good guys"

Now you sign a guy thats totally 180 degrees from that???

I dont care if this is in the past.

This isnt any better than WTF goddamn Allen fuckin Iverson did.

And to shut the fuck the Icemans of the goddman forum, no I dont care that hes fuckin black.

Id say the same thing about a POS white guy too.

people that hit there wives or gfs are as low on the pondscum list as terrorists IMO.

The Spurs organization sold out.

BTW, once again, you throw out a totall recockulas charge but dont retract???

I said, I would have been in favor of him being here before him signing here.

But once again, you assume before asking questions.

Of course, Atypical response from fuckface Manny, but I expected that.

Schizophrenic much?

tlongII
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
How'd Darius hurt his neck yesterday, any way? Did Bruce karate chop him with his mysterious martial arts defensive techniques?

He said he slept in an uncomfortable position the previous night and his neck was hurting from that.

Solid D
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Oh, Okay. Been there done that before.