PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson STILL would like to be traded

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_WARRIORS_JACKSON?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Warriors' Jackson still wants out

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Stephen Jackson still would like to be traded from the Golden State Warriors and is unhappy with the team's decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs to end a 13-year postseason drought.

Jackson unloaded his frustrations with the franchise during media day Monday, reiterating public comments he made last month that he wants out so he has a more realistic chance at getting to the playoffs. The Warriors' leading scorer and top defensive player was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier this month for saying so.

On Monday, he even went as far as to say he regrets nothing in his career, speaking specifically about going into the stands with then-Indiana teammate Ron Artest during an ugly brawl with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

TimDunkem
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
When will it end?

Muser
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
only 29 more days...

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Translation

I want to play in San Antonio

- SJAX

crc21209
09-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Do it damn it....Bonner, Fin, any other moveable parts, cash, picks, whatever. Get it done! :lol

rayray2k8
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Just STOP already with this shit.. He won't get traded to the spurs guys, enough is enough.

Mr. Body
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Who gives a flying fuck.

TIMMYD!
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I'd welcome a trade...If we only gave them bonner and finley.

ducks
09-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Who gives a flying fuck.

if you do not why open this thread

boy a 2 year old would know that

CubanSucks
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I love how everyone takes pride in the classy players the Spurs always pick up and then yall jump up and down for Stephen Jackson.

I don't want him

EricB
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Quit
with
the

arggggggggggg

enough already!!!!!!

CubanSucks
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
if you do not why open this thread

boy a 2 year old would know that

Wow, you sound like a 2 yr old. I actually had to read this a few times

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Just STOP already with this shit.. He won't get traded to the spurs guys, enough is enough.

Typical hater. Don't open the thread then.

Muser
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical hater. Don't open the thread then.

A hater of reading the same thing every 3 days?

BillMc
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Funny, how Stephen was happy with the Warriors organization before he signed the huge contract. I, for one, don't want him back. The Spurs organization is about class, he's not right for us (anymore at least.)

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Funny, how Stephen was happy with the organization before he signed the huge contract. I, for one, don't want him back. The Spurs organization is about class, he's not right for us (anymore at least.)

I'd rather win than lose with class.

BillMc
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM

Then join the Lakers fans...You can hang with Artest and Kobe... Me, I prefer teams worth rooting for...

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Then join the Lakers fans...You can hang with Artest and Kobe... Me, I prefer teams worth rooting for...

That is just plain ignorant and judgmental. Most fans consider Bruce a dirty player, but in SA he's a role model. If We had Kobe, you'd adore him with everyone else. You're the same type of fan who thought maintaining the roster after the 07 and 08 campaigns would work just fine. Spare us the BS....

Dex
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
:deadhorse

This is probably my new favorite emoticon.

mountainballer
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM

uh, it gets worse. now we will lose if we don't trade for Sjax. what's the predictions?
Spurs with Sjax: 62 wins, Spurs without Sjax: 40 wins ????

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
uh, it gets worse. now we will lose if we don't trade for Sjax. what's the predictions?
Spurs with Sjax: 62 wins, Spurs without Sjax: 40 wins ????

I'm more concerned about the playoffs, as we all should be. I'm going to go ahead and say it.

We aren't stopping the Lakers with the current roster. That simple. We can't. Trade for this guy or someone else. It's not happening.

BillMc
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm not going to get in a flame war with you. I said, what I said, and meant it. I don't want Jackson and I would not root for the Spurs if they aquired Kobe. Bruce was a class act. Yes, how he played offended some. But I never saw bruce bitching to be traded or beating up people in the stands, or signing the big contract and then backstabbing his organization.

If you personally chose to root for any player just based on his basketball skills, not based on his professionalism or how he represents your team and community, that is your right. It's not for me. Fortunately, the Spurs are the classiest organization in sports.

completely deck
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
:deadhorse

This is probably my new favorite emoticon.

:lol

completely deck
09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm more concerned about the playoffs, as we all should be. I'm going to go ahead and say it.

We aren't stopping the Lakers with the current roster. That simple. We can't. Trade for this guy or someone else. It's not happening.

:lmao

You call yourself a fan?

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM

You call yourself a fan?

Yeah. I'm just going to hope they beat the lakers or any top notch team for that matter.

A real fan knows their teams flaws.The rest of you will just remain convinced that we have a elite team no matter who's on the roster.

This team is not the same strong D and rebounding juggernaut it was during championship years. In fact, they are far from it. I'm a fan enough to bring it up and call for changes because its for the better.

rayray2k8
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM

You call yourself a fan?

Obviously... This dude needs to move the fuck on. :lol
If you want more scoring, I'm sure the mavs can use more fans.

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Obviously... This dude needs to move the fuck on. :lol
If you want more scoring, I'm sure the mavs can use more fans.

Scoring? Read the above post ^ douchebag. If you don't like the thread, don't open it and cry like a bitch about it. In the meantime, here.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/sweetcontemplation/Beauty/johnson_baby_shampoo_original.jpg

CubanSucks
09-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Scoring? Read the above post ^ douchebag. If you don't like the thread, don't open it and cry like a bitch about it. In the meantime, here.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/sweetcontemplation/Beauty/johnson_baby_shampoo_original.jpg

So 100% of your posts agree with the OP? I guess from now on you only post if you agree, there is no room for argument in a sports forum

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:33 PM
So 100% of your posts agree with the OP? I guess from now on you only post if you agree, there is no room for argument in a sports forum

There is room for constructive argument and the OP didn't give a premise, it was just news.. I don't have time for assholes on their man period. In the meantime, here:

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/tampax.jpg

Weak fans make for a weak team.

phxspurfan
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I wonder if you can pour that Johnson's baby shampoo right in your eye...

manufan10
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah, Stephen Jackson is really going to make the Spurs a defensive juggernaut. :rolleyes

Muser
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM
So now S Jax is the spurs savior?

manufan10
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Yes, this team can't beat any of the elite teams with this roster, even though a game hasn't been played yet. At least, that's the story with some people here.

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Yup, he is the only one who needs to play. We can put sign 4 high school students and we would have a guaranteed ship.

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
All the hate aside, a Bonner+Finley+Williams trade would work out nicely. I think Williams could do wonders in Golden State's wide open offense.

No man, no it's jut not a smart idea. Bonner has got skillz. Finley is like a smaller version of Dikembe, he just keeps going and going.

Check out Bonner flying, ignore the people carrying him
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/sevening_bonner.jpg

coyotes_geek
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Not going to happen.

antimvp
09-28-2009, 06:09 PM
he's probably talking to RC as we speak.

lotr1trekkie
09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Jax would have to concede to Pop's demands before the Spurs make this move. Jax, " You start at the #2 until we get Manu into the game. In most games you will be the 4th option." Jax " fxxxxing motherxxxxxx, no way! " Deal over.

BillMc
09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
:rollin
Jax would have to concede to Pop's demands before the Spurs make this move. Jax, " You start at the #2 until we get Manu into the game. In most games you will be the 4th option." Jax " fxxxxing motherxxxxxx, no way! " Deal over.

Well said. Jackson, a man more MORE difficult to coach than AI!!

Marcus Bryant
09-28-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/432211-17.jpg

YES.

antimvp
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
seems like a religious fellow

antimvp
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
hey he made a great point. two years ago Kobe said the same thing, why wasn't he fined?

coyotes_geek
09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
he's probably talking to RC as we speak.

I'll bet you he's not, because that would mean RC is guilty of tampering.

sabar
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
lol @ the armchair gm that wants to trade without offering even a remotely possible trade.

We are going into the season with what we have. Golden state doesn't want our crap and we don't want sjax's contract.

The end.

Again.

I'm sure there will be yet another sjax thread in a few days.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I would like to add to this superfluous thread by saying that "Sjax" is the worst nickname ever devised.

InK
09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Check out Bonner flying, ignore the people carrying him
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/sevening_bonner.jpg

:lol:lol

baseline bum
09-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Who thought we'd get Jefferson for three players on their last legs?

johnnyblues
09-28-2009, 08:16 PM

wait, isn't that bouroroursiship guy's role?

bobby4germany
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
We have a GREAT roster the way it is and we do NOT need SJack to bring us a :lobt: We have more than enough fire power as it is!

:flag:

honestfool84
09-28-2009, 09:23 PM
and how the heck do you propose we get him?

aren't there ENOUGH sjax threads open already? geez.

Agloco
09-28-2009, 09:28 PM

And Captain Jack solves that in your opinion?

HarlemHeat37
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
We don't need Jack to solve that, we just need Manu's ankles and Duncan's knees to co-operate..

SouthTexasRancher
09-28-2009, 10:17 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_WARRIORS_JACKSON?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Warriors' Jackson still wants out

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Stephen Jackson still would like to be traded from the Golden State Warriors and is unhappy with the team's decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs to end a 13-year postseason drought.

Jackson unloaded his frustrations with the franchise during media day Monday, reiterating public comments he made last month that he wants out so he has a more realistic chance at getting to the playoffs. The Warriors' leading scorer and top defensive player was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier this month for saying so.

On Monday, he even went as far as to say he regrets nothing in his career, speaking specifically about going into the stands with then-Indiana teammate Ron Artest during an ugly brawl with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

Enuf already, damnit...ENUF!!! :ihit

Sheeeeeeesh, Pop already got rid of him once before.....no more!

EricB
09-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Enuf already, damnit...ENUF!!! :ihit

Sheeeeeeesh, Pop already got rid of him once before.....no more!

Uh, no he didnt....

Agloco
09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Yup, he is the only one who needs to play. We can put sign 4 high school students and we would have a guaranteed ship.

We've located your brain, but someone beat us to the spot unfortunately.

http://bigteaparty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/VaL/Storm_Trooper_pooping.jpg

phxspurfan
09-29-2009, 12:02 AM
We've located your brain, but someone beat us to the spot unfortunately.

http://bigteaparty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/VaL/Storm_Trooper_pooping.jpg

Is that a Phoenix mag? :wow

Sdayi135
09-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Ship sailed in 2003. Let it sail away, please.

Dro210
09-29-2009, 04:40 AM
^Never

and it's Buckets, or Cpt. Jack, or just Jack.... not Sjax

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2009, 05:49 AM
i trade 4 shit on the team for jax, and just fill the roster with scrubs on minimum pay, and keep it down to a 7-8 man rotation

K-State Spur
09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah. I'm just going to hope they beat the lakers or any top notch team for that matter.

A real fan knows their teams flaws.The rest of you will just remain convinced that we have a elite team no matter who's on the roster.

This team is not the same strong D and rebounding juggernaut it was during championship years. In fact, they are far from it. I'm a fan enough to bring it up and call for changes because its for the better.

What flaw does Jackson fill? He gives us better depth and another perimeter defender. The team would definitely be better with him than without him - but he doesn't fill a gaping hole (that's what she said) unless Manu goes down again.

It's a lot to pay for a guy who - in most match-ups - wouldn't even be on the floor at crunch time.

SouthTexasRancher
09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Uh, no he didnt....

Well if you want to get technical about it.....but, when SJ decided to test Free Agency, Pop sure as hell didn't go chasing after him. Too many nights nobody knew where his head was and it didn't bode well for the way Pop likes to run things. Yes, SJ was a good teammate the guys liked but, in a game there was always a certain amount of doubt as to where his head would be. He is talented but, like AI, Kmart, and a few others, Pop would prefer to go after the athlete who sings in the church choir.

Technically you are correct. The bottom line is there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we would pick him up with his salary. It would take a hell of a deal at this point for Pop, RC & Holt to disrupt what they've done this summer. But, if Kobe, Dwight Howard, and DWade could be had for Bonner, Finley, Mason and Mahinimi then I'd say we have a deal.