PDA

View Full Version : BHO is going to lobby for Chi Olympics

spursncowboys
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
U.S. commander in Afghanistan talked with Obama only once

By Amanda Carpenter (http://www.washingtontimes.com/users/AmandaCarpenter/) on Sept. 28, 2009 into The Back Story (http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/)

Subscribe (http://www.washingtontimes.com/rss/weblog_entries/back-story/)

The military general credited with capturing Saddam Hussein and killing the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, says he has spoken with President Obama only once since taking command in Afghanistan.
"I’ve talked to the president, since I’ve been here, once on a VTC [video teleconference]," Gen. Stanley McChrystal told CBS reporter David Martin in a television interview that aired Sunday.
"You’ve talked to him once in 70 days?" Mr. Martin followed up.
"That is correct," the general replied.
This revelation comes amid the explosive publication of an classified report written by the general that said the war in Afghanistan "will likely result in failure" if more troops are not added next year. Yet, the debate over health care reform continues to dominate Washington’s political discussions. On Monday, the White House announced President Obama would travel to Denmark to lobby the International Olympic Committee to select his hometown of Chicago for the 2012 summer games.
Former U.S. Ambassador for the United Nations John R. Bolton said the lack of communication with the general was indicative of Mr. Obama’s misplaced priorities.

He has only spoke to his CDR in Afghanistan once in 70 days.
He doesn't even know what to do in Afghanistan and wants more time.
He wouldn't answer an ACORN or Czar question because he has bigger problems to deal with
Iran is testing missiles now

Yet he has time to lobby for chicago.

Crookshanks
09-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey - it's all about priorities... and this latest stunt just shows what an irresponsible empty suit we have in the Oval Office. Just think - he's talked to General McChrystal as many times as he's talked to David Letterman - now that's impressive!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
It not if you win or lose it's how you look doing it.

coyotes_geek
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I've got no problems with him lobbying for the Olympics, but use the damn telephone. There's no reason he needs to make a special trip for this.

Crookshanks
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
I've got no problems with him lobbying for the Olympics, but use the damn telephone. There's no reason he needs to make a special trip for this.
And - actually it's Michelle who is doing the main presentation. I guess the Obama's needed another date night - this time in Denmark. :rolleyes

nuclearfm
09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
I just hope these other countries ban his speech.

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Weren't you people the same ones who didn't give two shits when Bush spent more time away from the White House than any previous President?

ChumpDumper
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
That's different. He was clearing brush.

spursncowboys
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Weren't you people the same ones who didn't give two shits when Bush spent more time away from the White House than any previous President?
Obama didn't answer an ACORN question because he didn't have time for it. But he has time for this? Also it's not like Obama is doing this for the betterment of the country. This is cronyism.

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Obama didn't answer an ACORN question because he didn't have time for it.I guess that is so much more troublesome than planting fake reporters in the White House press room.

But he has time for this?Taking a question versus setting up travel plans are not analogous.

Also it's not like Obama is doing this for the betterment of the country.Tourism be damned!

This is cronyism.
How is this cronyism? Please explain.

Nbadan
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Obviously, Obama should put on a flight suit and immediately fly to Afghanistan with a big 'Mission Accomplished' banner - that'll do the trick...

mogrovejo
09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
The fact that he only talked on time to the general he nominated is troublesome. The fact that the general decided to make it public is even more worrying. I don't see the problem with the visit, except in the sense that governments should be involved in lobbying or supporting the Olympics - but it's not my money.

NoOptionB
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Nice carbon footprint el jefe!!!!!!

spursncowboys
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I guess that is so much more troublesome than planting fake reporters in the White House press room.
Taking a question versus setting up travel plans are not analogous.
Tourism be damned!

How is this cronyism? Please explain.
Obama has already gotten caught with planted reporters and fake reporters. That and reporters actually asked Bush real questions.
Setting up travel v. calling the commander of troops in Afghanistan.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Obama has already gotten caught with planted reporters and fake reporters. That and reporters actually asked Bush real questions.Especially Bush's fake planted reporters.

NoOptionB
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Bush did it too stfu!

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Obama has already gotten caught with planted reporters and fake reporters.He has? Link?

That and reporters actually asked Bush real questions.Not the fake reporter who had questions GIVEN to him by the White House.

Setting up travel v. calling the commander of troops in Afghanistan.
Setting up travel vs. Answering a question about ACORN

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm only outraged when the other party does it!

NoOptionB
09-28-2009, 08:10 PM
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/09/mirror.jpg

ChumpDumper
09-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Bush did it too stfu!We know you think it was ok when he did it.

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 08:11 PM
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/09/mirror.jpg

I was outraged when Bush spent time away from Washington? Got a link for that?

NoOptionB
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Government is Government. Demand more than slogans in 2012.

Like it will matter :lmao

ChumpDumper
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2oq2bSN-S9o/SKZgE0qM1hI/AAAAAAAABqM/CvduKIvjpWE/s400/olympic+beach+volleyball.jpg

He should have been talking to generals instead!

symple19
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I think it's good he's going to lobby for the Olympics. The other nations are sending their leaders, why shouldn't we?

If Obamas celebrity-status can help, why not?

Securing the Olympics is a HUGE thing for the economy, especially in the Chicago area, but also for the nation as a whole. My guess is that thousands of new jobs would be created if we can land the games. This is a win situation. Good for everyone.

People being partisan just for the sake of it gets tiring

Cry Havoc
09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
People being partisan just for the sake of it gets tiring

You must have missed the iPod thread.

symple19
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
You must have missed the iPod thread.

yeah, guess so.

spursncowboys
09-28-2009, 08:57 PM
He has? Link?[quote] that dailykos question, the little girl. I shouldn't have to get a link to common knowledge. Come on. Even cheerleaders don't think he hasn't planted reporters. [quote]
Not the fake reporter who had questions GIVEN to him by the White House. Do you consider the press corp real, when obama is in the WH? What story have they broke?

Setting up travel vs. Answering a question about ACORN cheerleader.

Shastafarian
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
that dailykos question, the little girl. I shouldn't have to get a link to common knowledge. Come on. Even cheerleaders don't think he hasn't planted reporters.A little girl was a reporter? Does she hold the record for being the youngest journalist ever?

Do you consider the press corp real, when obama is in the WH? What story have they broke? Are these serious questions? Are they "real"? Seriously?

cheerleader.
Over-reactor.

George Gervin's Afro
09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
more fake outrage..

hope4dopes
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Obama didn't answer an ACORN question because he didn't have time for it. But he has time for this? Also it's not like Obama is doing this for the betterment of the country. This is cronyism. Yes and congress didn't have time to read bills to quadruple the deficit, and congress didn't have time to hear republican, and democrats offer alternatives to the health bill, but apparently there is plenty of time for photo-ops.