PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Talk App ???

STEVEYCU
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM
So I'm not sure if this has been brought up , but I love spurs talk and was wandering if the creators have thought about making an app of it for the Iphone , I pod and blackberry ... Not sure what kinna restrictions and or license 's you need but I would love to be able to take ST with me on my phone(esp this year ) and would gladly pay for it.. on a more manageable way then my phones web broweser .... anyone got any info??

Dex
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Would be awesome, but I can't imagine the code it would take to transform all of this forum code into a stable application, and it would still always require an internet connection anyways. Might as well just let the web browser take care of the job.

If you haven't already, select the "iPhone" skin down at the bottom of the page, which makes the style a little more manageable and text easier to read on the smaller mobile devices.

Destro
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd buy an iPhone app - $4.95 easily

STEVEYCU
09-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the info , wish there was some kinda spurs app outside of the ESPN score board though

completely deck
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the info , wish there was some kinda spurs app outside of the ESPN score board though

There was last year. Just was a calender though

SpursNextRomanEmpire
09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I would definitely buy an app

ginobilized
09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah! I'd buy that app quicker than you can say puffy taco.

boutons_deux
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
wouldn't mobile.spurstalk.com be a function of vBulletin?

traitoravery
09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Its an option under flash enabled skin....bottom left hand corner

boutons_deux
09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
great.

why isn't the iphone option tied to mobile.spurstalk.com domain name.

Having to load up a very fat home page just to select iphone isn't very friendly.

Agloco
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
So I'm not sure if this has been brought up , but I love spurs talk and was wandering if the creators have thought about making an app of it for the Iphone , I pod and blackberry ... Not sure what kinna restrictions and or license 's you need but I would love to be able to take ST with me on my phone(esp this year ) and would gladly pay for it.. on a more manageable way then my phones web broweser .... anyone got any info??

I'm in if you include the Palm-Pre.

Destro
09-28-2009, 09:37 PM
the mobile version of the site blows - wouldn't doubt if there is some kinda vBulliten app

DJB
09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Basically just have to find a developer. But I agree, an app that would support this circus of a forum would be hard to build.

Slomo
09-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Just visit www.spurstalk.com from your iPhone or iPod Touch and you should see the forum in a special skin made specifically for those devices.

Visiting www.spurstalk.com form any other phone/mobile device will show it in its most minimal version in order to be visible on even the simplest screens and using as little bandwidth as possible.

WildcardManu
09-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Basically just have to find a developer. But I agree, an app that would support this circus of a forum would be hard to build.

:lol