PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger to host WWE Monday Night RAW

manufan10
09-29-2009, 09:29 AM
The following is from WWE.com:
Raw scene 'Steeler'
Written: September 28, 2009
Next week's special guest host for Monday Night Raw is no stranger to pressure situations and making snap decisions.
Just hours after leading the Pittsburgh Steelers against the San Diego Chargers, Ben Roethlisberger, quarterback of the defending NFL Super Bowl Champions, will guest host Monday Night Raw at Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., this Monday.
And he's not coming alone. Roethlisberger, the youngest Super Bowl winning quarterback in NFL history, will be bringing protection in the form of his Steelers' offensive line teammates to Wilkes-Barre.
"Big Ben" joins the prestigious list of past Raw celebrity guest hosts, including Olympic gold medalist Shaquille O’Neal, Emmy-winning actor Jeremy Piven and television legend Bob Barker.
Roethlisberger frequently attends Raw and SmackDown with his Steelers teammates when WWE visits Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena, which gives him up-close knowledge of the Superstars and Divas he will have control over next Monday night.
Roethlisberger's charitable foundation, The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation, seeks to provide support for police and fire departments throughout the United States and to enhance the quality of life for residents of Findlay, Ohio (his hometown) and Pittsburgh.
For the third season in a row, The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will be distributing grants to police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and in the cities and surrounding communities of each regular season away opponent for the Steelers in 2009. The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation has invited police and fire departments in the eight cities to submit proposals detailing their needs.
In commenting on why the mission of the foundation is so important to him, Roethlisberger said, “It was an honor and a privilege to work with police and fire departments in and around the Pittsburgh area as well as with others around the country. We have had the opportunity to see first-hand how important (police)dogs are to these men and women who risk their lives every day to protect us. It’s incredible to see the strong bond that is formed between the dogs and their partners both on the job and at home.”
What plays will the two-time Super Bowl Champion draw up for the Raw Superstars and Divas? Will "Big Ben" call an audible, mixing things up for the next pay-per-view event, WWE Bragging Rights?
Find out next Monday as Roethlisberger breaks the huddle on Raw Monday night, 9/8 CT, on USA Network.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-posts-article-about-nfl-star-hosting-raw-next-week-86599

O-Factor
09-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I bet they do a skit where Ben kicks some wrestlers ass. I'd check out the youtube on that.

ATRAIN
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I bet they do a skit where Ben kicks some wrestlers ass. I'd check out the youtube on that.

Shaq hosted a few weeks back and he almost got into a fight with the big show I think it was.

They have had a pretty long list of Celebs.

Seth Green
Jeremy Piven
Bob Barker
Shaq
ZZ Top
Cedric the Entertainer
Al Sharpton
Freddie Prinze Jr
Floyd Maywether

Im just waiting for the Jerry Jones guest host. I know its coming.

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh bah God here comes Big Ben

AND HE HITS EM WITH THE PUMP FAKE!!!!!!

pump fake and another pump fake

manufan10
09-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Actually, I wouldn't put it past WWE and Vince McMahon to use Roethlisberger's rape case somehow. My bet goes to Chris Jericho using it in a promo.

manufan10
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
PittsburghLive.com (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645851.html) is reporting that Max Starks, Trai Essex, Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoeatu, and Willie Colon will be joining Ben Roethlisberger in hosting Raw this Monday night.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/list-of-steelers-players-coming-to-raw-with-roethlisberger-86821

manufan10
10-02-2009, 08:55 AM
The Associated Press (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j2vgIBNViUtaYpRS1SKniiWyCmIwD9B1T3UG0) is reporting that Ben Roethlisberger did not inform The Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff that he would be guest hosting Raw this Monday night, and only after it was announced on Raw this past week did the coaches find out. The report notes that "Roethlisberger is taking his offensive linemen with him, and left tackle Max Starks said Wednesday the players didn't tell the coaches in advance. The Steelers will hold a team meeting Monday, but Tuesday is the players' weekly day off."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/report-roethlisberger-did-not-inform-coaches-of-raw-hosting-86781

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
This is definitely interesting. And for those interested in wrestling, The Rock will be on Smackdown tonight (taped), but even though it is taped, he is supposed to be talking about his future involvement with WWE. What's interesting is in the movie he's filming right now, he's being credited as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson again. When he said he was done with WWE, he said he wanted to get away from being called "The Rock"...interesting..

http://rajah.com/base/node/17271

http://rajah.com/base/node/17244

ATRAIN
10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
This is definitely interesting. And for those interested in wrestling, The Rock will be on Smackdown tonight (taped), but even though it is taped, he is supposed to be talking about his future involvement with WWE. What's interesting is in the movie he's filming right now, he's being credited as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson again. When he said he was done with WWE, he said he wanted to get away from being called "The Rock"...interesting..

Guess his movie career isnt what he thought it was going to be. Its like the anniversary of smackdown or somerhing. I saw a commercial for it the other day. Thats prob why he is there, if rock comes back ill watch again. Rocks promos were always fucking hilarious.

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Guess his movie career isnt what he thought it was going to be. Its like the anniversary of smackdown or somerhing. I saw a commercial for it the other day. Thats prob why he is there, if rock comes back ill watch again. Rocks promos were always fucking hilarious.
Fucking loved the Rock....Actually, his movie career is going great. One of the top action movie guys in the business. I reckon this whole deal is probably just him heing involved in a new WWE Film or something.

JamStone
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Is he giving free sexual assaults to female audience members?

manufan10
10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Fucking loved the Rock....Actually, his movie career is going great. One of the top action movie guys in the business. I reckon this whole deal is probably just him heing involved in a new WWE Film or something.

He said something along the lines that he wants to host a WWE RAW.

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
He said something along the lines that he wants to host a WWE RAW.
Well...they were trying to get him to host, and he said he didn't want to do it. We'll have to see if he changed his mind.

ATRAIN
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM

No way man his movies have been shit.

manufan10
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
*****Spoiler*****

ij0FFzT67ew

manufan10
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM
"and says maybe its time he guest hosts Raw."

*****Spoiler*****

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoilers-decade-of-smackdown-taping-results-for-friday-86659/2

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 01:28 PM
No way man his movies have been shit.
I liked Scorpion King and The Rundown.

ATRAIN
10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I liked Scorpion King and The Rundown.

Scorpion king was his only decent movie IMO. He should have stopped after that. The Rundown was good too but it was more because of Shawn William Scott.

TheProfessor
10-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Rock's found a good gig playing against type in kiddie movies that easily make more than their budget. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Spursfan092120
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Scorpion king was his only decent movie IMO. He should have stopped after that. The Rundown was good too but it was more because of Shawn William Scott.
Him and Sean had a lot of charisma...they worked well together...became good friends also, from what I heard.