PDA

View Full Version : Even Jon Stewart thinks Obama weak on Iran

DarrinS
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-september-28-2009/pittsburgh-irates

Go to 4:50 in the video.

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Magic Negro's decision on A is not yet announced.

If he decides to give the careerist/extorting Generals what they want, he's weak, and we're all fucked.

With Afghanistan and health reform irons both in the fire this week, a VERY CRITICAL time in MN's presidency.

johnsmith
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
^^^Why are you always so racist?^^^

nuclearfm
09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Dumb thread.

Winehole23
09-29-2009, 03:41 PM
^^^Why are you always so racist?^^^Stop encouraging him. He obviously enjoys it.

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Magic Negro is the Repug name for Barak HUSSEIN Obama.

I use just it to remind everybody how fundamentally racist the Repugs are.

same with pitbull bitch.

Winehole23
09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Magic Negro is the Repug name for Barak HUSSEIN ObamaOh really?

You're the only one who uses it around here.

johnsmith
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Magic Negro is the Repug name for Barak HUSSEIN Obama.

I use just it to remind everybody how fundamentally racist the Repugs are.

same with pitbull bitch.

I consider myself more of a republican and I'm not fundamentally racist............other then those damn Chileans...........

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 04:51 PM
"You're the only one who uses it around here."

But I'm not the one who originated it. It epitomizes the Repugs "stay classy" group think, so I use it.

NoOptionB
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
ehhhh It's all good. Iran would probably try to take out West/East coast first.

Obama can be weak all he wants.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
What would being strong on Iran entail?

DarrinS
09-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Not sounding like Jimmy Carter ver. 2.0 would help.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Not sounding like Jimmy Carter ver. 2.0 would help.What else?

Wild Cobra
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM

But I'm not the one who originated it. It epitomizes the Repugs "stay classy" group think, so I use it.

No, it just proves you don't know what you're talking about.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM

jacobdrj
09-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I have actually been a bit surprised with JS on BO. Even early in the campaign, John seemed oddly critical of BO despite his being the forerunner to the democratic nomination. And not about silly things either, he was pouncing on some of his opinions.

Yonivore
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
The way I see it, Obama has three choices on Iran.

1) Impose sanctions which will do no good as long as Russia and China continue to provide Iran with material support.

2) Join Israel in a military strike of all known facilities. Which will lead to a closing of the Straits of Hormuz and $400/barrel oil.

3) Do nothing in which case, Israel does a half-assed job of the military strike and we end up with option two anyway.

I suspect Obama is going with some nebulous option 4.

That's what you get when you elect a pretty face instead of a decider.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
The way I see it, Obama has three choices on Iran.

1) Impose sanctions which will do no good as long as Russia and China continue to provide Iran with material support.

2) Join Israel in a military strike of all known facilities. Which will lead to a closing of the Straits of Hormuz and $400/barrel oil.

3) Do nothing in which case, Israel does a half-assed job of the military strike and we end up with option two anyway.

I suspect Obama is going with some nebulous option 4.

That's what you get when you elect a pretty face instead of a decider.What did the decider do about Iran?

He knew everything Obama knows. The only difference is that Qom is now public knowledge.

Yonivore
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
What did the decider do about Iran?

He knew everything Obama knows. The only difference is that Qom is now public knowledge.
I think the question is what is Obama going to do about it? President Bush is no longer in office...in case you haven't noticed.

George Gervin's Afro
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I think the question is what is Obama going to do about it? President Bush is no longer in office...in case you haven't noticed.

so bush dropped the ball. how will that work for his chances to make it on mt rushmore?

clambake
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM

he'll have to clean it up.....like the rest of the mess.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I think the question is what is Obama going to do about it? President Bush is no longer in office...in case you haven't noticed.No, my question is what did the decider do the eight years he was in office.

I believe it could be instructive in showing what the options available to Obama really are.

Of course, if you are afraid to talk about what the decider did about Iran, I can understand that.

mogrovejo
09-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Why does he think Obama is weak? I think the problem is exactly that nobody really knows what is Obama's stance, even though he's been talking about "a broader, stronger" strategy for months and signed a huge troops increase just a few months ago.

SouthernFried
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM

And the term 'Magic Negro,' as applied to Barack Obama has been done by an L.A. Times columnist, David Ehrenstein." Limbaugh later asserted: "I'm going to keep referring to him as that because I want to make a bet that by the end of this week I will own that term," adding, "If I refer to Obama the rest of the day as the 'Magic Negro,' there will be a number of people in the drive-by media and on left-wing blogs who will credit me for coming up with it and ignore the L.A. Times did it.

Too funny...

George Gervin's Afro
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
And the term 'Magic Negro,' as applied to Barack Obama has been done by an L.A. Times columnist, David Ehrenstein." Limbaugh later asserted: "I'm going to keep referring to him as that because I want to make a bet that by the end of this week I will own that term," adding, "If I refer to Obama the rest of the day as the 'Magic Negro,' there will be a number of people in the drive-by media and on left-wing blogs who will credit me for coming up with it and ignore the L.A. Times did it.

Too funny...

capt obvious strikes again. if i call obama majic negro the press will cover it..you're easily impressed simpleton

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
The first I heard Magic Negro was that it was on a CDROM a candidate for RNC chairman sent around to the Repug mucky-mucks proposing himself as RNC chairmen. The guy certainly knew how to speak to the RNC on terms they understand.

mogrovejo
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM
If he decides to give the careerist/extorting Generals what they want, he's weak, and we're all fucked.

The General he nominated to take over as commander in Afghanistan just some months ago?

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
MacChrystal, Petraeus, they're all the same Gang of Generals.

coyotes_geek
09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Why does he think Obama is weak?

I think the problem is exactly that nobody really knows what is Obama's stance,

I think you answered your own question. If no one knows what your stance is, then it's certainly not a strong one.

boutons_deux
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
"If no one knows what your stance is"

So during campaign 2000, the Repugs didn't take the public stance that they were going to invade Iraq, so they were weak? (or just lying, greedy bastards?)

coyotes_geek
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
This is a thread about Obama's stance on Iran. Not about hypothetical stances someone might have had 8 years ago.

BRHornet45
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM
sons Jon Stewart controls what most college children think about politics. its "cool" to be liberal like Stewart, Colbert, and Maher!!!

PEP
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
The first I heard Magic Negro was that it was on a CDROM a candidate for RNC chairman sent around to the Repug mucky-mucks proposing himself as RNC chairmen. The guy certainly knew how to speak to the RNC on terms they understand.
Not that you care but this is where the term Magic Negro came from. Get out of your parents basement a little more buddy.

Oh and I think you should try this website, I think it may help with your anger and dependency issues. http://www.match.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story

Obama the 'Magic Negro'

The Illinois senator lends himself to white America's idealized, less-than-real black man.

By David Ehrenstein L.A.-based DAVID EHRENSTEIN writes about Hollywood and politics. March 19, 2007

AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters — musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the "Magic Negro."

whottt
09-30-2009, 01:27 AM
There used to be a black nationalist that posted on these forums...was funny as shit when he went off on boutons. I get the feeling boutons is about as in touch with the black man as David Duke.....

whottt
09-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Oh and for the record, Obama > Jon Stewart.

Biggest problem I have with Obama is the douchebags that support him....the more of them that start disliking him the more I will start to like him.

Simple as that really...