PDA

View Full Version : I need basketball to start already

Xylus
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm fucking dying here.

It feels like a solid year since the Suns played. It's been a brutally long offseason, what with missing the playoffs and all.

I'm about to go out of my mind, and there's still several weeks before the real stuff begins.

Allanon
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I know how you feel. This time of the year is the worst.

Baseball sucks and most of the NFL sucks.

benefactor
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah...I like football but basketball is my true love. I should call soon to check on League Pass. :tu

pauls931
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
dying here too, hate baseball, football is ok but I don't really favor any team so it's not interesting. Basketball is easier to relate too, easier to find a pickup game, have no one to play with? Just shoot around. Hard to play football or baseball by yourself or with one or two friends.

Kai
09-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Agreed. I feel for ya man, the Offseason is much longer if your team misses the playoffs.

iggypop123
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
if i didnt have baseball i would lose it. cause modern warfare 2 is a longer wait

iilluzioN
09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
same here, cant wait till my celtics beat all yall niggas

dickface
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Hard to play football or baseball by yourself or with one or two friends.

sounds like you need to get more friends.

kamikazi_player
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Football=Basketball imo.
Baseball<<<golf<<<any other sport

kamikazi_player
09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
sign for fantasy basketball if you're bored.

kamikazi_player
09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
sounds like you need to get more friends.
:lmao

BlackSwordsMan
09-29-2009, 11:16 PM
PHX is in the wnba finals watch that

mogrovejo
09-30-2009, 12:05 AM
PHX is in the wnba finals watch that

And what a game it was tonight. Maybe the most entertaining WNBA game I've ever watched.

redzero
09-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I gotta basketball jones.

DPG21920
09-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah...I like football but basketball is my true love. I should call soon to check on League Pass. :tu

Sons. League Pass is available with some new features. Call now.

duncan228
09-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Sons. League Pass is available with some new features. Call now.

:downspin: I'm beyond ready.

djohn2oo8
09-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, killer time right now....In the meantime, here are some funny basketball quotes:

"Some things you just can't question. Like you can't question why two plus two is four. So don't question it, don't try to look it up. I don't know who made it, all I know is it was put in my head that two plus two is four. So certain things happen. Why does it rain? Why am I so sexy? I don't know." - Shaquille O'Neal

"Tracy McGrady is doing things we’ve never seen from anybody – from any planet!" - Bill Walton

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." - Charles Shackleford

"They shot the ball well early. What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning." - Shaquille O'Neal

"Don’t get me wrong — I love Jason Kidd. He’s a great point guard… (But) how am I comparing myself to him when I think I’m the best point guard to play basketball? That doesn’t make any sense. I mean, how can I sit here and compare myself to somebody if I already think I’m the best?...I’m telling you what it is: I know I’m the best point guard in the NBA. I don’t need anybody else to tell me that. When I go on the basketball court, if I think about what you’re all saying, I’ll lose my mind." – Stephon Marbury

"That’s a cheap shot by a low-class type player. You don’t do that. That’s gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts." – Francisco Elson

DPG21920
09-30-2009, 12:38 AM
:lmao Elson

Allanon
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
"That’s a cheap shot by a low-class type player. You don’t do that. That’s gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts." – Francisco Elson

Garnett could not be reached for comment about Elson's statement, but his agent, Andy Miller, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press, "That's a ridiculous comment. That shows his lack of maturity and how unprofessional he is by saying something like that."

Michael Brewer, public policy director for the Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Community Center of Colorado, said comments such as Elson's "harm children and adults who are gay."

"These kinds of comments are made every day in locker rooms and on playgrounds all over the country," he said. "It is totally inappropriate wherever it may be made, whether it's between two professional athletes or kids on an elementary school playground."

Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe declined specific comment on Elson.

"I know emotions got high," he said. "Tensions have been really high. It's a competitive series."

Elson, a backup, and Garnett, a favorite to win league MVP honors this season, have been battling since the start of the series, which Minnesota leads 3-1. The Timberwolves can close out the series Friday night in Minneapolis.

After Game 3 at the Pepsi Center on Saturday night, Marcus Camby of the Nuggets and Latrell Sprewell and Oliver Miller of the Wolves were talking outside Minnesota's team bus. When Elson walked by, Garnett came off the bus, approached him and asked Elson several times, "You got words?"

No altercation ensued. Minnesota coach Flip Saunders grabbed Garnett and pulled him back on the bus, according to several eyewitnesses.

When told Garnett had said he does not respect Elson, the rookie replied, "I don't want his respect. I don't care about him anyway. Who's he? I don't care about him. We're on the court, trying to win the game.

"There's going to be retaliation on our part trying to win this game. I'm ready to go out there and play."

Other Nuggets continued to chirp Wednesday in a series that has seen its share of on-court taunting and minor physical skirmishes.

Sprewell and Denver guard Jon Barry went jaw to jaw on the floor after Game 4. Asked what he said, Barry joked that he told Sprewell he enjoys watching him play and called him a "striking individual."

While that was going on, Wolves guard Sam Cassell stood on the scorer's table and held up three fingers on one hand and one on the other to remind Denver fans of the series' score.

"I just think it was kind of funny that the No. 1 seed was acting like they've won the championship," Barry said Wednesday.

The Nuggets were not without their moments, either. Barry made a point of flexing his muscles Tuesday night after hitting a 3-pointer. Denver fans threw debris at Minnesota players as they left the court.

tlongII
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
The NBA is my favorite, but I love college football too. So it's all good.

Bukefal
09-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Can't wait!! I want to see the NBA and college, I want to have sleepless nights again, my whole biorhythm being fucked up because of time difference and staying up late so I can watch the games, let it start already....

mystargtr34
09-30-2009, 04:16 AM
I cant believe i missed that back and forth between Garnett and Elson back then. Funny shit.