PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Basketball

VivaPopovich
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
The offseason came and went faster than I thought.

I had good results last season, I won 2 out of the 3 leagues I was in with that 3rd league being the runner-up. So I'm ready to keep it going.

Who wants to play some fantasy basketball?

blackfire12
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
yes, im up for some fantasy!

robot89
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
im down.

VivaPopovich
10-01-2009, 08:40 AM
it's going to be a small league lol

Agloco
10-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm in.

cnyc3
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
im in

VivaPopovich
10-02-2009, 01:36 AM
k, i'll be in touch with all of you via Pm

if anyone else wants to join, there's still tons of time

i'm not going to draft until the pre-season is over

ploshyjoshy
10-02-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm willing to join, although I'm Australian so that may be a bit of a problem with drafting and all. Is that OK?

Brox6
10-02-2009, 03:49 AM
1 more..to complete 16teams

League ID#: 108363
League Name: Buhay Basketball
Password: basketball
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/buhaybasketball

Chieflion
10-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Just include me. I am bored.

VivaPopovich
10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
1 more..to complete 16teams

League ID#: 108363
League Name: Buhay Basketball
Password: basketball
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/buhaybasketball

what a cock tease, did that last spot get filled up?

VivaPopovich
10-04-2009, 03:23 AM
blackfire - i have your sn on AIM
agloco - you posted your email address on my wall
brox6 - i have your email
chief - i have your email
cnync3 - i have your email
ploshyjoshy - i have your email

robot89 - i need to hear from you regarding your contact info

if anyone else wants in i'm starting to get this organized. i'm going to setup a league some time this week if no one else joins in.

VivaPopovich
10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Bump. This is going to be the most challenging fantasy league anyone would have ever played in.

Live draft Oct. 25 7:30 P.M. U.S. Pacific, plenty of spots left!
No max moves
No max trades
No trade deadline
No waivers
No can't-cut-list
No max games played
Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, 10 Utils
And 1 NO-BS Commissioner that will reverse moves, veto trades, and lock teams if he has to

Currently set to Roto but that can change depending on feedback from the players. It will definitely be the most flexible league you'll ever play in, frequent adds and drops aren't only allowed but encouraged to stay competitive. What will balance out the relaxed rules will be my actions as Commissioner. NO-BS trades and roster moves. So the freedom does have a limit to it too.

I'm also going to try to get a betting pool going.

Come one come all!

DJB
10-09-2009, 01:46 AM
If you have any more league's that aren't full, I'd love to join

AussieFanKurt
10-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Viva, invite me too.
My email is [email protected]

rascal
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Bump. This is going to be the most challenging fantasy league anyone would have ever played in.

Live draft Oct. 25 7:30 P.M. U.S. Pacific, plenty of spots left!
No max moves
No max trades
No trade deadline
No waivers
No can't-cut-list
No max games played
Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, 10 Utils
And 1 NO-BS Commissioner that will reverse moves, veto trades, and lock teams if he has to

Currently set to Roto but that can change depending on feedback from the players. It will definitely be the most flexible league you'll ever play in, frequent adds and drops aren't only allowed but encouraged to stay competitive. What will balance out the relaxed rules will be my actions as Commissioner. NO-BS trades and roster moves. So the freedom does have a limit to it too.

I'm also going to try to get a betting pool going.

Come one come all!

This commisioner has too much power and he is also playing in the league, watch out. He claims he won 2 out of 3 leagues and came in 2nd in the 3rd last year, probably vetoed all other trades except the one sided deals he pulled off.

Commissioners should not have absolute power to overturn trades and reverse moves especially if they are in the league.

ploshyjoshy
10-09-2009, 09:08 PM
OK, i'm in, can someone explain to me how this works? Also, does anyone know when 7:30 US Pacific time is in Melbourne time?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Agloco, you're in South America, no?

Why not join the Bruce Bowen Memorial league? ;)

VivaPopovich
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
This commisioner has too much power and he is also playing in the league, watch out. He claims he won 2 out of 3 leagues and came in 2nd in the 3rd last year, probably vetoed all other trades except the one sided deals he pulled off.

Commissioners should not have absolute power to overturn trades and reverse moves especially if they are in the league.

I didn't commish any of the leagues I played in last season.

And it's obviously you dont have much experience in fantasy sports because in Yahoo basketball ALL commissioners have that power. I am just reminding everyone that it's a power I'm going to use if I spot BS. If you had more experience in fantasy leagues, outrageously ripoff trades and crazy drops (cause they quit) happen quite often. And since the structure of my league is so open and laissez-faire I may have to use my commissioner power more than other leagues. I assure you, it will still remain the most open league you'll ever play in. It's not my in self-interest to give myself wins. What's the point of competing if you're going to pull that? Plus I want a rep of running good-competitive leagues.

You don't know me well so I don't blame you for being skeptical but why don't you join the league and tell everyone on ST about your experience. If you see something you think is BS then take a screenshot and post it here. I will stand by my track record.

Plenty of spots open!

AussieFanKurt
10-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I got your email Viva but I dont know where to go to, to join

slick'81
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
got a h2h yahoo league going need 1!! more manager if anyones interested please sign up now!!

draft order will be based on lasts seasons standings with new managers getting the remaining slots on a first come first serve basis.looking for competitive managers to hopefully play all season and make the live draft which is today- Wednesday oct.21 2:15pm cdt

password- Cuatro
league id-156444

montgod
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
got a h2h yahoo league going need 6 more managers if anyones interested

draft order will be based on lasts seasons standings with new managers getting the remaining slots on a first come first serve basis.looking for competitive managers to hopefully play all season

password- Cuatro
league id-156444

One more manager needed...

mabrignani
10-21-2009, 12:43 AM
anybody need one more player? if not should i just start a league of my own?

Fdawg07
10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
im down!

montgod
10-21-2009, 02:13 AM
anybody need one more player? if not should i just start a league of my own?

Yeah... Slick does. Check out the league info above.