PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Body By Duncan? The Transformation Of Tim

duncan228
09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Body by Duncan? The transformation of Tim (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/09/body-by-duncan.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Throughout the offseason, you heard about Tim Duncan and his weight-loss kick. He had changed his diet, changed his workout routine, changed himself.

As far back as August, Gregg Popovich was saying that Duncan looked better than he had in years.

Then came training camp, and the proof was in the pool. Duncan emerged from a recent post-practice swim shirtless. If you squinted, you might have seen a six-pack.

"I haven't praised him on how good his body looks," Michael Finley said after Wednesday's workout.

You don't hear that around NBA locker room very often.

Duncan shed about 15 pounds in the offseason, reporting to camp in the 240 range. He dropped pounds after a 2008-09 season in which he started strong but then limped to the finish on two sore knees.

"Hopefully, I can survive through more of the season and my body can hold up a little better than last season," Duncan said.

Somewhere in Duncan's summertime audition for "The Biggest Loser" was a message for the rest of his teammates.

"It shows me and his teammates that he's taking this thing seriously," Finley said. "It's not about coasting into retirement. He's still serious about being one of the best players in the league."

mookie2001
09-30-2009, 04:39 PM
im glad this type of sports journalism is available for free online

DPG21920
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Mookie, is there any thing you like? Or are you just too cool for school?

mookie2001
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
sorry i know your type must really like hard hitting in depth shit like this