PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a lifetime fitness membership?

Ditty
09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm looking to join that gym I work next to the one by the airport and live by the one by six flags, so it would be convient for me but anyone would know how much it would cost with a single membership and what kind of fees they charge you when you sign up, I know at times they have the no enrollment fee promos but just wanting to know to save me a phone call and trip?

jack sommerset
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I have LA Fitness. Sure they are the samething. My fee's cost 35 bucks a month. Well worth it. These types of gyms will fuck you if they can. Walk out if you can't get the registration fee waived and look around 30 bucks a month. On of those sales fucks will agree eventually. Make sure you donot sign a contract.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I am.. I know if you are under a certain age (25 or 27) it's like 65ish bucks a month. The one at la cantera is cheaper I think, since it's not a premier club

iilluzioN
09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Devin Brown plays there often, I spoke with him a like 2 months ago... said he was just chillan trying to get into shape...

he was like labron in the court

koriwhat
10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
i go to planet fitness and it was only like $48 signup / $20 a month. i like it.

lefty
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
By the way, I think that small/medium sized gym bags are much better than larger ones

PM5K
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Just call them. It's like 75.00 a month but I forget how much the startup cost is.

lebomb
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Snap fitness here............24hrs, small, never........ever crowded. No initiation fee, $25 a month. Can quit anytime I desire without a penalty.

ashbeeigh
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
The one at La Cantera has open houses ALL the time. I've thought about joining but honestly do not have the time to join a gym (much more a work at home type of girl...beyond the point...anyway). I checked in to it once like a year and a half ago and remember it was like $84 or something. It was ridiculous.

JoeChalupa
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
i go to planet fitness and it was only like $48 signup / $20 a month. i like it.

My wife goes there.

Dro210
10-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Lifetime is cool...

If it's worth it or not depends on what you're interested in doing. For me, being able to play or shoot around on a full court anytime I feel like it 24/7, and then get in the indoor pool and hot tub after makes it worth it..... but if you wouldn't use that stuff, and only want it for the basics (weights, treadmills, etc.), and especially if you don't care if it's 24hrs, I think you could find somewhere alot cheaper that would suit you just as well... and probably be alot less crowded during peak times.

FromWayDowntown
10-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm a member at Lifetime -- not sure what the single membership fees are anymore. It's a great gym. It's quite literally changed my life.

And, for whatever it's worth, that membership provided me with a couple of Spurs-related highlights in the last year. I was there not long after David Robinson was voted into the Hall of Fame and had the chance to say congratulations to him as he took his sons out onto the basketball court one morning. I was also there the Monday before the enshrinement ceremony and had the chance to congratulate him again.

koriwhat
10-15-2009, 11:34 AM
but but but... bonner is the spokesman for my gym! haha. really though, planet fitness is awesome for what i do which is just lift and get fit. i wish they had a court let alone an inside court but they don't. damn you lifetime!