PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: The Other New Guy (good McDyess article)

Samr
10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
The Other New Guy

If you took a quick poll of which new Spur fans are most excited to watch this season, Antonio McDyess probably wouldn’t come up that often. Despite having a higher PER than Richard Jefferson last season and 13 years worth of NBA experience on DeJuan Blair, McDyess’s arrival in San Antonio has had nowhere near the media buzz of either.

last paragraph:

All I’m saying is: next time you’re watching a game and you realize that the opposing team is having a difficult of a time trying to score at the rim, remember the ceaseless effort it takes from a number of men to defend that paint. And oh yes, with a Duncan/McDyess frontcourt, opposing teams are going to have one hell of a time trying to score at the rim.

read more (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/10/01/the-other-other-new-guy/)

I have 48MoH in my Google Reader. They really produce some good articles, and quite frequently too.

Samr
10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I think that final sentence summarizes the article perfectly. ST has been good about giving credit where credit is due, and I really don't think McDyess has been overlooked on here. But, as for interior defense, the Spurs are going to be one of the toughest in the league.

Dear National Media: take the idea of Detroit's notorious defense, then substitute Rasheed for Duncan and RJ for Prince.

The Spurs are going to be one hell of a team to mess with.

da_suns_fan
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh how it pains me that my team was dissed by Dice TWICE. And I thought he was fantastic both times. He's a guy who really doesnt have any flaws in his game and plays hard every night.

Great pickup for the Spurs.

Manufan909
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh how it pains me that my team was dissed by Dice TWICE. And I thought he was fantastic both times. He's a guy who really doesnt have any flaws in his game and plays hard every night.

Great pickup for the Spurs.

When and where did he diss the Suns?

And more importantly, when did the Spurs reject Dyess???

SenorSpur
10-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I wish we would have gotten him a few years ago, but I'm still glad to have him now.

Mr. Body
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Brilliant. Love the guy.

barbacoataco
10-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Interesting that they refer to McDyess as the new starting center.

EricB
10-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Well he doesn't have much competition for the spot...

Agloco
10-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Interesting that they refer to McDyess as the new starting center.

He is...... :toast

Spursmania
10-02-2009, 11:56 AM
He is...... :toast

He better be...:toast

BillMc
10-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Dice is a class act and a perfect Spur. My only concern is I think our "bigs" are a little small when compared to the Lakers. Wish we had one true 7 footer.

But back to Dice, he's classy and with a basketball IQ off the charts. Can't wait until he get's in the groove with TD, Tony, Manu and RJ. What a SMART (basketball wise) team we have. They may get beat everyonce in a while, but they will not beat themselves. (Except maybe at the free throw line. :) )

BWS-1994
10-03-2009, 06:20 AM
When and where did he diss the Suns?

And more importantly, when did the Spurs reject Dyess???

If I'm not mistaken, it was when 'Dice was choosing whether to resign with Phoenix or play in Denver. He was supposed to meet with Kidd, Rex Chapman and George McCloud in a Denver ski resort. Denver FO got wind and didn't allow the Suns' trio in. McDyess then suited up in a Nuggets jersey.