PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get my car fixed?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
yesterday I got in a car accident, and rear ended a guy because he pretty much cut me off and stopped his car to yield and I rear ended him. He ended up taking off because he didn't have a license or insurance so he drove off to try and lose me. My car was driveable but my hood got damaged, one of lights was completley blown out, and my windshield was broken and my airflags deflated. Im okay just my arm is really bruised and burned from the air bag. My Geico Insuance dosent cover it because I was on liablility insurance and because I hit the guy I have to pay for the damages under my own money. I'm only 19 so I need somehwere cheap where I can rent a car for now, and does anyone know of somewhere I can get my car fixed for cheap and good job more preferably in the northside thanks

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Cheap and Northside

does not compute

Hell cheap and car damage doesn't much compute either.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
well anywhere i just want to get my car fixed thats all

PM5K
10-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope you have a lot of money because your gonna get fucked in the ass, with no lube.

What kind of car?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I hope you have a lot of money because your gonna get fucked in the ass, with no lube.

What kind of car?

2003 chevy cavalier

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 12:40 PM
2003 chevy cavalierWhats the extent of the damage. Radiator damage or just nose damage. You might be able to make this work with salvage yard parts.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM
2003 chevy cavalier

Throw it out and buy another, what's the blue book on that bitch, 3K?

If you get it fixed right, with new airbags it's going to cost a lot more than that.

And you NEED airbags because you don't know how to drive.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I can do it with salvage yard parts thats what I was thinking no leak of gas the car was driving fine just the air bags inflated and one side of my windshield is just cracked and one of my lights fell inside the car because the light on my rightside was broken but i just need someone to repair it

PM5K
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Got any pics?

Sportcamper
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Dude- this is a sad story...Your air bag deployed & the guy took off? Isn’t that a crime in Texas? You must have uninsured motorist on your policy….You need to talk to an accident attorney & possibly sue your own insurance company for medical damages, emotional trauma as well as car repairs…

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Got any pics?

no but i can take some when I go get it out of the car lot tommorow

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I can do it with salvage yard parts thats what I was thinking no leak of gas the car was driving fine just the air bags inflated and one side of my windshield is just cracked and one of my lights fell inside the car because the light on my rightside was broken but i just need someone to repair itWell you need to take the front nose off and inspect the radiator. If the bracing is damaged or if you cracked the radiator you're better off selling it for parts. If all you have is cosmetic damage then start calling all the junkyards.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
car lot?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Dude- this is a sad story...Your air bag deployed & the guy took off? Isn’t that a crime in Texas? You must have uninsured motorist on your policy….You need to talk to an accident attorney & possibly sue your own insurance company for medical damages, emotional trauma as well as car repairs…

yah he told me to follow him and he took off he almost had another accident cuz he cut off another car

im fine I just want my car fixed even if my insurance will go up the ass i already pay 140 a month it just went down cuz my policy ended with no tickets or accidents it will probably go up to 200 around there

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
car lot?

yah a tow truck took it when the cops came and took it too some car damage place

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Well you need to take the front nose off and inspect the radiator. If the bracing is damaged or if you cracked the radiator you're better off selling it for parts. If all you have is cosmetic damage then start calling all the junkyards.

okay so jsut check for those 2 things and if there okay i should be fine?
what do i do about the airbags to go back in?

Sportcamper
10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
In So Cal this is considered a crime…Under uninsured motorist policy your insurance can not go up because of a uninsured motorist claim…I think that you are being taken advantage of because of your age & lack of knowledge….File a police report & see an attorney….

BacktoBasics
okay so jsut check for those 2 things and if there okay i should be fine?
what do i do about the airbags to go back in?The airbags will most certainly be another issue. You may need a new steering wheel and airbag sensor. The more I think about it the more I think you're in a pretty bad place even with cosmetic damage.

Do you owe anything?

You may want to just part out.

Ditty
my mom is going to check out my car during her lunch break i told her to check for those things so she should telll me about 1:30

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:55 PM
The airbags will most certainly be another issue. You may need a new steering wheel and airbag sensor. The more I think about it the more I think you're in a pretty bad place even with cosmetic damage.

Do you owe anything?

You may want to just part out.

no the car is paid off

where would i get the airbag problem be solved?

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
In So Cal this is considered a crime…Under uninsured motorist policy your insurance can not go up because of a uninsured motorist claim…I think that you are being taken advantage of because of your age & lack of knowledge….File a police report & see an attorney….This is sounding better and better.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
In So Cal this is considered a crime…Under uninsured motorist policy your insurance can not go up because of a uninsured motorist claim…I think that you are being taken advantage of because of your age & lack of knowledge….File a police report & see an attorney….

I called the police last night but my dad has discussed to me about sueing my insurance

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 12:57 PM
no the car is paid off

where would i get the airbag problem be solved?See this is a computer reset issue. Also beyond my scope of knowledge. This is why I hate newer cars.

You might get some decent free advice from the salvage yard on installing a new steering wheel....as far as resetting the sensors.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 12:59 PM
See this is a computer reset issue. Also beyond my scope of knowledge. This is why I hate newer cars.

You might get some decent free advice from the salvage yard on installing a new steering wheel....as far as resetting the sensors.

i heard something about taking it back to chevy where i bought it and they do the airbags for me i dunno if thats true or not

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Airbags are amazingly expensive, do you want to drive this vehicle in the future (And does your mother want you to) without airbags?

Also, your vehicle won't pass an inspection with a broken windshield, even if you still consider it drivable.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Airbags are amazingly expensive, do you want to drive this vehicle in the future (And does your mother want you to) without airbags?

Also, your vehicle won't pass an inspection with a broken windshield, even if you still consider it drivable.

yah i want to get everything pretty much fixed

does anyone know the estimates of how much a hood would cost, airbags,windshield, and a new light?

thats what the only extents of damage that was cost

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Brand new, with a professional installing them, easily more than your car is worth.

Maybe if you searched junk yards and did it yourself.

What's the Blue Book value of your car, 4K?

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
hood, windshield and replacement light would run you somewhere around 800ish. Possibly less but the windshield by itself is a pretty big expense.

Airbags...I just couldn't tell you.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
hood, windshield and replacement light would run you somewhere around 800ish. Possibly less but the windshield by itself is a pretty big expense.

800 parts or installed?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM

I wouldn't mind that if that includes someone doing a good job installing them

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah I don't see how.

Tell your mom to take a cellphone pic if she's capable.

DPG21920
10-01-2009, 01:25 PM

He said he only had liability insurance. That does not include UM/UIM. You have to purchase it.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
It doesn't matter if the other guy is uninsured/under insured since the OP is at fault.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1391673488.html

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Are you willing to work to find parts, and install them yourself or do you want to pay someone to do this?

Now way in hell that's getting done for 800.00 by someone else.

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah 800 for just the parts. You gotta understand that most shops don't make money on a job like that until you eclipse the 1k mark or 250 bucks for minor repairs with labor less than an hour.

That was 800 for used parts. Junk yard stuff in good working condition.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Don't forget a lot of little things might be damaged as well that you don't even know about.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
wow that cavilier looked good i wasnt a big fan of my cavilier but i loved that car i cried when the car was taken away by the tow truck ive been driving that for years even without a license and insurance at one time luckily i never crashed or got pullied over if i have to sell parts i will i want to get a used car then without my insurance going up i will buy a used car if i have too but who can i sell parts too?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 01:53 PM
So is it still drivable or what?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 01:55 PM
So is it still drivable or what?

yes it is just really needs a new light and hood but i wont pass the expection with a broken windshield

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Are they towing it back or are you driving it back?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Are they towing it back or are you driving it back?

I dunno its not safe to drive and a little embarrassing a long distance i was only 5 minutes away from my house

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:04 PM
First things first you need to get the car back to your place. Get it in your garage or under a tarp in the back yard or the city will tow it away and you'll never get it back.

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
....and tell your dad not to worry. The internet is helping you!

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
....and tell your dad not to worry. The internet is helping you!

LOL, that would ease my worries...

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
the internets are helping you!

fixt....

manufan10
10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Same type of thing happened to my brother and I at the beginning of August, except the guy ran a stop sign. We're still trying to get the guys insurance to settle. Both our and his insurance decided that the car was a total loss, but we're waiting around for the idiots at the insurance place to get on the ball. It seems they're trying to drag their feet on us, and it sucks not having a vehicle for 2 months.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
yah i need a car to get to work i work about 25 minutes away im thinking about getting a rental car but its hard because im 19 and can't find nothing too cheap

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM

uhhh...JimBob...the accident was his fault. He hit the other guy. He doesn't have comprehensive insurance, just liability. There is no suing the insurance company on this one.

And yeah, junk yard parts and new air bags are gonna be your cheapest way out.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
yah i need a car to get to work i work about 25 minutes away im thinking about getting a rental car but its hard because im 19 and can't find nothing too cheap

Get some duct tape and a rubber mallet.

You gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills....

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
uhhh...JimBob...the accident was his fault. He hit the other guy. He doesn't have comprehensive insurance, just liability. There is no suing the insurance company on this one.

The dude fleeing makes it a criminal act. Which might give him an out.

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
bTW, if it was city of SA they didn't take it to a body shop they took it to the pound on Growden Road. That sucker is costing you about $80 a day every day it stays there. Like B2B said, no matter what, get that thing back to your house and out of the pound...

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM

New air bags will fuck him, the question is, what about used airbags?

I wouldn't do it unless I had to, I'd rather have used airbags than none at all if those were the choices.

I bet those two airbags can easily run you over a thousand dollars new.

You can get a used set on eBay for about 300.00

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
yah i want to get everything pretty much fixed

does anyone know the estimates of how much a hood would cost, airbags,windshield, and a new light?

thats what the only extents of damage that was cost

If you want someone to do it turnkey you are probably looking at about 2K.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
If you want someone to do it turnkey you are probably looking at about 2K.

You think so, with two brand new airbags? And possibly the airbag module?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM
bTW, if it was city of SA they didn't take it to a body shop they took it to the pound on Growden Road. That sucker is costing you about $80 a day every day it stays there. Like B2B said, no matter what, get that thing back to your house and out of the pound...

Pound, lol.

I know it's a Cavalier, but it's not a dog, at least not the kind that barks.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
its somehwere on woodstone some collison center

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Gunn Collision Center ?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Gunn Collision Center ?

i believe so

ill ask my mom

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Do the right thing her CC and buy this kid a new car. He'll work it off at your Ranch.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
i believe so

ill ask my mom

Ask your mommy to fix your car too or buy you a new one for your Christmas and Birthday presents combined...

:lol

DUDE IF ITS YOUR CAR YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE ITS AT, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR MOMMY.

And if it's her car tell her to fucking fix it, tell her you don't want to drive her shitty, fucked up car.

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
You think so, with two brand new airbags? And possibly the airbag module?

maybe not. I found a (used) set of '03 bags and computer at a salvage yard on e-bay for $550.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
i rather spend a thousan dollers to fix my car then have payments on a new car

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Get a bus pass motherfucker.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Ask your mommy to fix your car too or buy you a new one for your Christmas and Birthday presents combined...

:lol

DUDE IF ITS YOUR CAR YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE ITS AT, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR MOMMY.

And if it's her car tell her to fucking fix it, tell her you don't want to drive her shitty, fucked up car.

well i cant do shit about it im at work and on my 9- daus probabtion ive never been in a car accident im only 19 so chill man

i dont know where the car was i was too pissed to even care what the cop said

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:42 PM
i rather spend a thousan dollers to fix my car then have payments on a new carI honestly think when its all said and done you're going to be in the 3k range. I can't say for sure but the airbag part is going to get dicey. Then once you remove the nose and inspect things you might be faced with needing some electrical work too.

You might be able to part out and raise about a grand. Maybe slightly more with a good transmission and engine.

Might be the path of least resistance.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:42 PM

whats your problem i dont get bus service where i work i work at time warner cable

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:43 PM

The only way you're paying a thousand dollars is if you blow the mechanic....

Repeatedly....

And swallow.....

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:45 PM

damn. Why are you smackin on this kid so hard?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
damn. Why are you smackin on this kid so hard?

I was trying to help him but he keeps talking about his mommy like a little bitch and it got on my nerves...

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
i just need help with my car thats all you can say what u want nothing matters to me anymore :(

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I was trying to help him but he keeps talking about his mommy like a little bitch and it got on my nerves...

well my mom knows all the info and checking on the car my bad get over it

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:49 PM
im only 19 and driving siince i was like 17 and never been in car accident give me a break

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
i just need help with my car thats all you can say what u want nothing matters to me anymore :(Lets keeps this emo free friend.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Did you have to post three times to say the same thing?

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 02:52 PM
i just need help with my car thats all you can say what u want nothing matters to me anymore :(

Are you a guy?

Does your mom or dad have basic hand tools?

We ARE trying to help you save money. First, get your car back. Then take it apart and figure out what parts need to be replaced. Then call around and find a junk yard that has the parts.

Then go to the junk yard and pull the parts off yourself.

Then install the parts yourself.

You can buy used air bags but pay someone that knows what they are doing to install/test them.

That's as cheap as it's gonna get.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
my parents know of people who can fix it i just need the parts and if nothing is damaged that i need a pro to do it

PM5K
10-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Are you a guy?

We ARE trying to help you save money. First, get your car back. Then take it apart and figure out what parts need to be replaced. Then call around and find a junk yard that has the parts.

You can buy used air bags but pay someone that knows what they are doing to install/test them.

That's pretty much my opinion.

The real question is, how much of this is DIY type of shit?

I know you can work on airbags and airbag modules you just have to know what you are doing and follow all precautions (disconnect the battery and allow time for the system to discharge itself etc) but I don't know if there is any special procedure once a system has been activated, does it need to be reset, do you need a new module or just the bags?

Also, how hard is it to replace a windshield, because you wouldn't want it to leak or anything.

A new hood should be easy enough, as long as nothing else is bent.

The light shouldn't be too bad either, but again I'd be worried about the less obvious shit that might be broken.

EDIT: Except I wouldn't say basic hand tools, you'll need a mechanics tool set and I'd take a look at Car-Part.com

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Are you a guy?

this probably a dumb question but i cant use the same ones that deflated right

PM5K
10-01-2009, 03:03 PM
No one time use son...

PM5K
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
You cold put some confetti in there though if you want...

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
this is a 7 year old chevy, right?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Just about.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM

yah 2003

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
You can get the airbags and module for around $500-550.

http://www.safetyairbags.com/chevy-airbags.html

Ditty
btw iys at gunn auto on woodstone and thanks PM5K for your help apppreciate it

Libri
Installing another hood is a peace of cake, two bolts on each side and a wire for the hood light.

clambake
blue book for a damaged 7 year old cavilier [sp] can't be more than $1500.

you know what you need to do.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
blue book for a damaged 7 year old cavilier [sp] can't be more than $1500.

you know what you need to do.

so i should fix it then?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Installing another hood is a peace of cake, two bolts on each side and a wire for the hood light.

well i hope thats not a problem

how bout fixing a front light and a cracked light?

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
do you want to spend more to fix it than it's worth?

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
don't listen to me, kid.

there's no way in hell i'd work on a car.

10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'd guess somewhere between $1500-2500 for a 2003 Cavy.

It simply isn't worth fixing.

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 03:18 PM

It simply isn't worth fixing.This is the way I see it.

See if you're covered for theft and have a buddy come pick it and drag it to Mexico.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM

It simply isn't worth fixing.

with alot of miles also about close to 100,000 miles

so i can just sell it to someone and just use the money to buy a used car

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 03:21 PM

You might want to see if you can do better parting it out. Ebay the smaller items and move the engine and transmission locally.

10-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Word.

You're going to get cock and balls as is.

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:22 PM
You might want to see if you can do better parting it out. Ebay the smaller items and move the engine and transmission locally.

i thought mouse would fix these things for trade?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 03:22 PM

It has almost 100K miles?

For shits and giggles go to Kelly Blue Book and find out what it's worth, private party.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
im going to see how much it costs if it cost around a 1,000 i will fix it myself its close to 2,000 fuck it ill buy a used car

PM5K
10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
im going to see how much it costs if it cost around a 1,000 i will fix it myself its close to 2,000 fuck it ill buy a used car

I can guarantee you it will cost more than 1K.

The airbags alone without installation will run you 500.00, there's no way the rest of the repairs won't run more than 500.00.

And that's for used airbags.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I can guarantee you it will cost more than 1K.

The airbags alone without installation will run you 500.00, there's no way the rest of the repairs won't run more than 500.00.

And that's for used airbags.

sounds good man thanks :)

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
"Enterprise will arrange to pick you up".

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:40 PM
"Enterprise will arrange to pick you up".

i know i will have to be over 21 but do u think if my parents but under there name I can drive there used car?

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
i know i will have to be over 21 but do u think if my parents but under there name I can drive there used car?

do you know how much it cost to rent a car?

who's going to pay for that?

10-01-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.cambridgebicycle.com/assets/images/kids/Diamondback_Laser-16_boys_bicycle.jpg

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.cambridgebicycle.com/assets/images/kids/Diamondback_Laser-16_boys_bicycle.jpg
That probably cost more than the repairs on the car. Don't underestimate the expense of training wheels.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:50 PM
do you know how much it cost to rent a car?

who's going to pay for that?

some are like 30 bucks day

i am but it will be under my parents naem and credit card

clambake
10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
what kind of car can you rent, and walk out the door for no more than 30 dollars a day?

10-01-2009, 03:56 PM
By the time you got the parts and fixed it yourself while renting a car, you'll probably end up on par money wise if you would just took your car to a collision shop and bummed a ride or gotten a bus pass to get to work.

Libri
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
well i hope thats not a problem

how bout fixing a front light and a cracked light?

It depends if there was damage done to the mounting area in the back of the headlight assembly.

Ditty
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
By the time you got the parts and fixed it yourself while renting a car, you'll probably end up on par money wise if you would just took your car to a collision shop and bummed a ride or gotten a bus pass to get to work.

well were i work it a very dangerous zig zag road and no bus service for a bout a mile i dont mind waling but really dangerous

PM5K
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM

And taking it to a collision shop would cost more than simply buying another Chevy Cavalier...

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Nope. They have to list the drivers that will be using it. You wreck the rent car it won't be insured. Better get used to bus/walking till you find another car.

10-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Has the light clicked on yet?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Has the light clicked on yet?

He's 19....

10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm a little agitated I didn't get to 24K on the OEM Michelins on my truck.

Dealership wanted $1000 and the dude was still trying to tell me they were great tires.

I'm not 19, so...

Ditty
10-01-2009, 05:06 PM
okay guys its got horribly worse the repairs are 5,000 fucking dollers

and to get the car out of the collison center for no apperent reason is 250

unfucking beliveable i dont know what to do anymore

im jsut going to buy the parts and find someone to do it for me

BacktoBasics
10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Even with that said you'd be looking at a few grand. Get it out and get it home and start looking into parting it out or selling as is.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 05:18 PM

and to get the car out of the collison center for no apperent reason is 250

unfucking beliveable i dont know what to do anymore

im jsut going to buy the parts and find someone to do it for me

There's a reason it's 5K, you really think you can do it for less, especially since you earlier said if it was over 1K you wouldn't do it?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Throw it out and buy another, what's the blue book on that bitch, 3K?

If you get it fixed right, with new airbags it's going to cost a lot more than that.

And you NEED airbags because you don't know how to drive.

[/THREAD]

And 3K was when I estimated the mileage at 70K. The repairs are DOUBLE what the car is worth, which was even more than I expected but not really....

ashbeeigh
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM

That sucks. I was going to say somewhere around $2,500. With all the accidents I've been in (one like the one you got in) that's about how much the estimate on my Jetta was. You need to just get a new car. If you're going to spend $5,000 just get a new one.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM
That sucks. I was going to say somewhere around $2,500. With all the accidents I've been in (one like the one you got in) that's about how much the estimate on my Jetta was. You need to just get a new car. If you're going to spend $5,000 just get a new one.

The problem is, even if it was 2500.00, that's still more than the car is worth.

Did both of your airbags deploy on your Jetta?

clambake
10-01-2009, 06:10 PM
$250? so.....the collision place is charging you for the storage and estimate?

question.....how could you not know where the car was going?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
question.....how could you not know where the car was going?

You obviously didn't read the thread.

clambake
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
no but i can take some when I go get it out of the car lot tommorow

car lot?

yah a tow truck took it when the cops came and took it too some car damage place

You obviously didn't read the thread.

i read it. my question should have been: who decided to take it to a collision repair place? him or the police or the tow driver?

$250 for 1 day means that some kind of billing for work has been applied.

ashbeeigh
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
The problem is, even if it was 2500.00, that's still more than the car is worth.

Did both of your airbags deploy on your Jetta?

Never.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 07:03 PM
i read it. my question should have been: who decided to take it to a collision repair place? him or the police or the tow driver?

Yeah you still didn't read it, his mommy probably decided to take it to the collision repair place.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Never.

Yeah that costs a lot more sweetie....

clambake
10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah you still didn't read it, his mommy probably decided to take it to the collision repair place.

i didn't realize his mommy was there.

was she?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
i didn't realize his mommy was there.

was she?

His mommy is everywhere, read the damn thread...

Ditty
10-01-2009, 07:32 PM

the officer decided beacuse he said that the insurance would take care of it obvisouly he was wrong but its about $250 which is crap its jsut a nightmare

BUT I PROBABLY WILL GO CHEAP AND GET THE PARTS FROM A JUNK YARD . how do i go by that i call them and ask them if they have a cavilier parts and just take them?

clambake
10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
the officer decided beacuse he said that the insurance would take care of it obvisouly he was wrong but its about $250 which is crap its jsut a nightmare
so....mom wasn't there.

BUT I PROBABLY WILL GO CHEAP AND GET THE PARTS FROM A JUNK YARD . how do i go by that i call them and ask them if they have a cavilier parts and just take them?

is this a joke?

Ditty
10-01-2009, 07:58 PM
so....mom wasn't there.

is this a joke?

the officer just said he will take it there but i dont know how to go for a junkyard

phyzik
10-01-2009, 08:19 PM
go to the junkyard and pull the shit yourself if your dead set on keeping the car. Otherwise, as people have said, its not worth paying someone to fix it. Sell it (or donate it for a tax writeoff) to a junk yard and get another car.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
but i dont know how to go for a junkyard

Fuck man, we already pointed you in the right direction, you want us to fucking fix the car for you too?

ashbeeigh
10-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah that costs a lot more sweetie....

No need to be to be a condescending asshole dude.

PM5K
10-01-2009, 10:05 PM
No need to be to be a condescending asshole dude.

Way to take a complement sugar...