PDA

View Full Version : Bucks' Ford cleared to resume workouts

ducks
04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Bucks' Ford cleared to resume workouts
April 13, 2005

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Bucks guard T.J. Ford, who has missed the entire season with a spinal cord injury, is improving and will soon be able to resume workouts.

Ford bruised his spinal cord in a game on Feb. 24, 2004. He had cervical spinal surgery last May, but the injury has not healed enough to allow him to play this season.

Bucks general manager Larry Harris said Wednesday that Ford's last MRI has shown he is finally getting better.

ADVERTISEMENT
``The bruise has healed to the point where T.J. can resume standard basketball activities, including running, shooting, and light weight work,'' Harris said.

The loss of Ford was a blow to the team this season.

Ford, the eighth selection in the 2004 draft, played well at point guard before the injury. He averaged 7.l points and 6.5 assists in 55 games.

Ford said Wednesday's news is a big step toward getting back in action.

``I can't tell you how happy I am right now,'' he said. ``I know that I still have a long road ahead of me, but the news I got today is a huge first step.''

He was given the OK to start working out Saturday and might join his teammates for a shoot-around. The team plays Orlando at Bradley Center on Saturday night.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-13-2005, 07:14 PM
aw, he went to UT, I hate UT. (joke, im glad the kid is doing better)

jalbre6
04-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Glad to see TJ's recovery is going well. I wouldn't think that he could do anything to get back into playing shape with a spinal cord injury. (shudder) I was worried that he'd never play again when it happened.

Hook 'em!

Supreme Allah
04-13-2005, 07:21 PM
We RRREEAALLLYYYY needed him this year. If we keep Michael Redd, pick up a good big man(might get lucky and get Bogut), and have a healthy Ford. The bucks could do some damage in the eastern conference within the next couple years.

boutons
04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
A great step for TJ, congrats.

I look forward to see him play again (and beating his ass) next season!! :)

T Park
04-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Thats fantastic.

I was hoping Tiger Woods would get back to full strength again.