PDA

View Full Version : any chance of bosh or amare coming to SA

Dr Cox
10-01-2009, 02:15 PM
next summer is there any chance we try to sign one of the bigger names to help timmy out

Summers
10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
No thank you to Amare.

Dr Cox
10-01-2009, 02:18 PM
if manu plays bad i could see them going for a big name

Muser
10-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I doubt it.

carib
10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Why, when the Spurs are the best team in the league and they are going to win for the next 3 years

coyotes_geek
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
No chance.

ss1986v2
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM

cant. spurs wont have the cap space.

Kamnik
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Fuck Amare! Why the hell would you want to see that retarded douchebag on the Spurs?

Bosh... If we win a title i'd say there is a decent chance. Probably the biggest from all the big stars in the league.

Agloco
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Only if you find your patient (Popovich) lifeless without a pulse Dr. Cox.

Samr
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM

I was listening to the radio today at lunch and Paul Alexander said something I thought was spot-on. In summary:

DON'T pay Manu based upon what he HAS done, pay him based upon what he WILL do. It's a business decision. If someone doesn't show up for work half the time, they should get paid half as much.

IMO, Manu has another good few years IF he can stay healthy. But I believe his big contract should be behind him, not in front of him.

Dr Cox
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
i dont kill my patients !!!!!

lol

i was just wondering because manu was great for us but if he plays bad i could see us signing him for not much short term or letting him go...and duncan taking a paycut..

i dont want amare, just talking about the better bigs on the market next year

would love to see

parker
hairston (manu maby, mason gone)
RJ
Bosh
Duncan

EricB
10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
No cap space.

Next.

HarlemHeat37
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Bosh is going where the money is, and that will be remaining in Toronto..he also wants to be a #1 and have his own team, which he would in T-Dot..

no thanks to Stoudemire either way..

kamikazi_player
10-01-2009, 02:45 PM
lol @ idiots saying they wouldn't take amare. It's not like the spurs can get him even if they wanted to.

Fabbs
10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Finley and Bonner for Bosh or Amare?

Only happens to LA Flamers.

Interrohater
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I was listening to the radio today at lunch and Paul Alexander said something I thought was spot-on. In summary:

DON'T pay Manu based upon what he HAS done, pay him based upon what he WILL do. It's a business decision. If someone doesn't show up for work half the time, they should get paid half as much.

IMO, Manu has another good few years IF he can stay healthy. But I believe his big contract should be behind him, not in front of him.
I agree with you, but your analogy doesn't make sense. If someone has shown up for work and has performed extraordinarily, I would pay him more, or give him a raise. If he got injured on the job by going above and beyond, that wouldn't make me think he's worth less.
How can you predict what he's going to do? If that's the way it was, then NBA players would play like a painting contractor and get paid after the season is over.... hmmm.... interesting thought... :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I would obviously take Amare if he came with a cheap salary, he's obviously a good player..he isn't going to be worth the amount he's going to get though, considering that he's a headcase that plays some of the worst defense in NBA history..

da_suns_fan
10-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I would be surprised if the Spurs were able to get any marquee free agent. Bosh included.

da_suns_fan
10-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I agree with you, but your analogy doesn't make sense. If someone has shown up for work and has performed extraordinarily, I would pay him more, or give him a raise. If he got injured on the job by going above and beyond, that wouldn't make me think he's worth less.
How can you predict what he's going to do? If that's the way it was, then NBA players would play like a painting contractor and get paid after the season is over.... hmmm.... interesting thought... :lol

Except history says that he's not going to overcome the on-the-job injury and return to his previous form.

Is this a question of who should start at the 2? My vote would also be for Ginobili.

TMTTRIO
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Even if we let Manu go at the end of this season I can't see us being able to afford one of them.

dbestpro
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Give Manu 22 mil for 4 years. 5.5 per year. The duration of the contract, total compensation, and Manu's history would make the contract just about right.

Interrohater
10-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Except history says that he's not going to overcome the on-the-job injury and return to his previous form.

Is this a question of who should start at the 2? My vote would also be for Ginobili.
How does history say this? Manu has had surgery on this ankle before and taken the entire summer off?

tmtcsc
10-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Before Manu's injury problems 2 seasons ago, he was playing the best basketball of his life. Why people forget this is beyond me. Why is everyone so quick to say that he is fragile ? He's one of the toughest players we have. When Tim torn his meniscus on 2000 was it because he was injury prone ? When he sprained his ankle in the regular season game in 2005 was it because he was getting older and injury prone ?

Manu's game has evolved. He's not only great at taking the ball to the basket but he has improved his perimeter game as well. He's going to be back and strong as ever.

Pay the man what he deserves. The Spurs knew they got a bargain when they signed him to 50 million a few seasons ago. He is a killer and we have all seen how far we can get without him.

As for the point about "guys who show up for work half the time should get half the pay: They've never met a kick-ass salesman. Work smart.

xellos88330
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I would say that if there were to be any chance, the Spurs would have to win the title.

lefty
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Bosh would be a great addition, but................ he is not coming

da_suns_fan
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
How does history say this? Manu has had surgery on this ankle before and taken the entire summer off?

Keep telling yourself that "Manu is different from all other human beings because he's a Spur and I want him to be" if it makes you feel better. It doesnt change the fact that injuries are what generally cause the decline of athletes and are more frequent as players age.

angelbelow
10-01-2009, 03:42 PM
No thanks to Amare. Bosh would be a nice complement to Timmy's game but hes not a franchise player and I wouldn't give him that money.

lefty
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
No thanks to Amare. Bosh would be a nice complement to Timmy's game but hes not a franchise player and I wouldn't give him that money.

Regarding Bosh, it's not his fault if most of his teammates suck