PDA

View Full Version : Home Theatre Systems

EricB
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Was looking to get the best quality one, or best sounding one for that matter and didn't find Best Buy all that helpfull online. Anyone know of any other places that have a good selection?

SA Peeps did you get one at Bjorns and was it any good?

Thanks for any help that can be offered...

xellos88330
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I have the same question.

ducks
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Was looking to get the best quality one, or best sounding one for that matter and didn't find Best Buy all that helpfull online. Anyone know of any other places that have a good selection?

fuck best buy

PM5K
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
You didn't find Best Buy online helpful for buying something that you have listen to in order to judge?

That's pretty shocking....

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-01-2009, 04:03 PM
AVR? Or AVR plus speakers? Price?

Def Tech gets good reviews for their Pro Cinema series.

baseline bum
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Screw Best Buy; you don't want any of their Sony crap.

EricB
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
You didn't find Best Buy online helpful for buying something that you have listen to in order to judge?

That's pretty shocking....

Thanks for that oh so intelligent insight.

Anything more from the assholecomments from you today?

PM5K
10-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that oh so intelligent insight.

Anything more from the assholecomments from you today?

Depends on if you say more stupid shit or not...

Thunder Dan
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Get a Denon reciever with HD Upscaler and some KEF wireless speakers. If you are going to buy speakers, might as well go wireless

TDMVPDPOY
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM

oi b

goto the manufactuers site, sometime they have bargains on clearances where its dirt cheap...nothing wrong with the products besides the exterior whether its a scratch etc....

ElNono
10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I like Bose, but the whole thing is pretty subjective.
You should head to some of the stores that sell that equipment and hear it for yourself.

HaterzEraser
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I purchased the Onkyo HTS-5200 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_580HT5200B/Onkyo-HT-S5200.html?tp=6419) and I absolutley love the system. Granted the system does not contain a DVD/Blu Ray player but it gives you the ability to upgrade in the future. The reciever is awesome and the speakers are good. If you want to make an upgrade simply replacing the speakers what do awesome.

Try cnet.com also for good reviews.

10-02-2009, 11:30 AM
The question is way too vague. It's like asking for the best quality car, TV or pair of jeans.

Tons of options out there like ORB, Energy, Yammy, etc.

Medvedenko
10-11-2009, 04:57 AM
I buy my gear from this website.....awesome stuff.
www.axiomaudio.com

Whisky Dog
10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
If you want best quality sound and have the dough then you definitely don't want HTIB from big box retail stores. You want to individually purchase top notch components based on what you want. Look at the mid to higher end Yamaha receivers and branch out from there on speaker and sub systems based on your need and price.

Stay away from anything Bose. Premium price for substandard equipment with poor lows.

Cry Havoc
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
If you want best quality sound and have the dough then you definitely don't want HTIB from big box retail stores. You want to individually purchase top notch components based on what you want. Look at the mid to higher end Yamaha receivers and branch out from there on speaker and sub systems based on your need and price.

Stay away from anything Bose. Premium price for substandard equipment with poor lows.

+1

I got my towers and receiver on craigslist, my surround speakers from Best Buy (yes, Best Buy!) after some audiophile friends of mine recommended them, and my center channel from amazon.com based on many many many positive reviews from every site I had come across. I couldn't be happier with my HT set up.

10-14-2009, 02:02 PM

You can add Onkyo and Denon as well.

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to spend.

Twelve years ago, I spent roughly $2000 on a simple 3.1 setup powered by a mid-priced Onkyo AVR. And today that system still gets daily use.

I'm also not a fan of HTiB's, but it seems they've come along way. Just don't be limited to what they sell at Fry's, BB, etc.

Research, research, research.