:wow

That thing looks MASSIVE!

Thats what he said

lefty
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Way to go Culburn

thispego
10-01-2009, 04:15 PM
lol, these stories are NOT impressive. dont know why they make front page cnn news, or why some here feel compelled to post them

I. Hustle
I wonder if Chuck Norris is even aware that he had a kid 5 years ago.

thispego
yeah dawg!

mardigan
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I wish that gator had eaten both of them.

koriwhat
10-01-2009, 04:29 PM

no shit! i whole heartily agree.

boutons_deux
10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Just goes to prove how "sporty", fair and balanced, blood sports are.

JamStone
10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Why the fuck do you teach your five year old how to shoot a rifle?

Why the fuck do you take your five year old alligator hunting?

The five year old should shoot his stupid parents.

phyzik
10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Man people are sensitive. Just to be clear, I am not highlighting the hunting part of it, just the impressive size of the Gator.

Fpoonsie
10-01-2009, 08:05 PM
And here I am, skiddish when I see a cockroach.

[hangs head in embarrassment]

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
"It's just so massive and prehistoric looking" says the kid's mom.

If I had a nickle for everytime I've heard those words....

The Franchise
10-01-2009, 10:53 PM

After watching the clip I have to say the same. :lol

tp2021
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM

You'd have empty pockets?

Leetonidas
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM

You have a giant, limp, wrinkly, and old looking cock? Nasty.

Taco
10-02-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.chron.com/photos/2009/09/30/18546609/260xStory.jpg

At age 5, Simon Hughes is no stranger to hunting. His first big trophy — a 12-foot-6, 800-pound alligator, may be hard to top, though.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6645997.html

Sportcamper
10-02-2009, 08:51 AM
LMAO@ the kid pulling on the dead gators tongue….I sent the video to every PETA person I know….:lol

manufan10
10-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I've heard gator meat tastes pretty good.

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Why the fuck do you teach your five year old how to shoot a rifle?

Why the fuck do you take your five year old alligator hunting?

The five year old should shoot his stupid parents.

I was shooting guns at 4.

Bukefal
10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I was shooting guns at 4.

What did you mean by saying that? Is that tough or cool or something? That's sad my friend.

As for the vid, disgrace. Kids should not have guns and should not hunt. Why to kill this gator? Its a shame.

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 09:58 AM
What did you mean by saying that? Is that tough or cool or something? That's sad my friend.

Its not tough or cool, you ninny. Its called growing up with guns and not being an idiot later in life about them.

The sooner kids in this country learn about guns and gun safety, the better. Like it or not, guns are everywhere and if you think "Just stay away" is going to get your kid through childhood and adolescence without encountering a gun, handling a gun and otherwise playing with something that is not a toy, then youre just a statistic.

As for the vid, disgrace. Kids should not have guns and should not hunt. Why to kill this gator? Its a shame.

Thats your opinion. You keep your offspring inside and addicted to television, video games and any other distracting activity that doesnt require actual parenting or bonding.

Youve obviously never hunted and have no fucking idea what youre talking about. You dont know what a family hunt does for a family, the experience, the comradery and the foundation of family it bestows. Its beyond your understanding because you are willfully ignorant to something you deem "unsafe" or "cruel".

Youre also a hypocrit, unless youre a vegan/vegetarian. If you are a vegan/whatever...more power to you. If you arent....shut the fuck up and thank the people who provide you with food youre too spineless to get yourself.

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Lets put it this way, that 5yr old kid, when he is 10yrs old and his friend pulls out his dad's handgun to "play" with it will be the one to snatch it away and tell and adult.

1) He wont have the "wow" factor

2) He was trained to know firearms are not toys in any sense of the word.

He will be responsible and informed, while other kids will be...well, kids.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm holding out taking my 5 year old gator hunting until he's big enough to jump in and kill a 12 foot gator with a swiss army knife and some wits.

Probably go next summer.

Bukefal
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Its not tough or cool, you ninny. Its called growing up with guns and not being an idiot later in life about them.

The sooner kids in this country learn about guns and gun safety, the better. Like it or not, guns are everywhere and if you think "Just stay away" is going to get your kid through childhood and adolescence without encountering a gun, handling a gun and otherwise playing with something that is not a toy, then youre just a statistic.

Thats your opinion. You keep your offspring inside and addicted to television, video games and any other distracting activity that doesnt require actual parenting or bonding.

Youve obviously never hunted and have no fucking idea what youre talking about. You dont know what a family hunt does for a family, the experience, the comradery and the foundation of family it bestows. Its beyond your understanding because you are willfully ignorant to something you deem "unsafe" or "cruel".

Youre also a hypocrit, unless youre a vegan/vegetarian. If you are a vegan/whatever...more power to you. If you arent....shut the fuck up and thank the people who provide you with food youre too spineless to get yourself.

You dont know shit about me, so dont try to think you do. And yeah, Ive hunted, its being done alot in the Balkans, weapons are also much used in the Balkans, so dont tell me your crap. But I just dont approve young kids handling guns. I would even forbid the use of guns in the USA, something which you should have done a long time ago. Its useless to go in discussion with you, but let me say, its probably because of people like you, America is this way. You do voted for Bush right?

:toast

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 10:57 AM
You do voted for Bush right?

No.

:toast

To you as well.

Bukefal
10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh yeah, Im no veganist or vegetarian, but there is a difference between killing animals for eating and killing them just for 'fun' and I dont think the kid will have a plate of grilled gator meat for his dinner tonight.

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Oh yeah, Im no veganist or vegetarian, but there is a difference between killing animals for eating and killing them just for 'fun' and I dont think the kid will have a plate of grilled gator meat for his dinner tonight.

I do.

manufan10
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM

They will be, also says that the gator was on their property.. so good thing the kid knew how to handle a gun:

Texas-born Simon Hughes, 5, doesn’t look intimidating. But put a gun in his hands and pit him against an 800-pound alligator and it’s a different story.
Simon's been training to handle a gun since he was just 4, his dad told MyFOXHouston — and it's a good thing, too, or else he could've gotten hurt by the mega-gator that wound up on the Hughes family ranch.
The huge alligator bit into a baited hook in a marsh on the property, coming face-to-face with Simon. The boy reacted with lightning speed, grabbing his gun and shooting the reptile in the head.
"It come out, the biggest alligator I've ever seen," Simon told MyFOXHouston. "He did his death roll."
The reptile was nearly 20 times the 3-foot, 44-pound boy’s size. It didn't survive the shooting.

His dad Scott Hughes said there's a reason he started training his son, who is in kindergarten, to shoot guns at such an early age.
"Everything on the ranch will either bite you or stick you," he told MyFOXHouston.

The little boy has now earned the nickname "Gator Bait."
"Simon was a champ, couldn't ask for any better. He was just fearless," said Chuck Cotton, a family friend who witnessed the shooting.
The family plans to cook up the meat to celebrate.

angel_luv
10-02-2009, 02:27 PM
The huge alligator bit into a baited hook in a marsh on the property, coming face-to-face with Simon. The boy reacted with lightning speed, grabbing his gun and shooting the reptile in the head.

So does the child carry a gun all the time?

And aren't you supposed to be liscensed in order to carry a weapon?

thispego
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM

:lmao BULLSHIT

the gator was hooked and helpless. daddy handed little boy the gun. little boy shoots gatr in the face. cnn headline news!

JamStone
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Lets put it this way, that 5yr old kid, when he is 10yrs old and his friend pulls out his dad's handgun to "play" with it will be the one to snatch it away and tell and adult.

1) He wont have the "wow" factor

2) He was trained to know firearms are not toys in any sense of the word.

He will be responsible and informed, while other kids will be...well, kids.

I have never shot any kind of real gun in my life. When my cousins and I would go over my uncle's house, he had a bunch of guns on display in his basement. We weren't wowed by the guns and never played with them and shot each other because we were uninformed about guns.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
:lmao BULLSHIT

the gator was hooked and helpless. daddy handed little boy the gun. little boy shoots gatr in the face. cnn headline news!

This

We should give five year old handguns and put them into a pit with a ferocious animal gladiator style. It could be a show on Spike TV. I'd watch it.

dolacheck
10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
So does the child carry a gun all the time?

And aren't you supposed to be liscensed in order to carry a weapon?

Not if your on your own ranch. Its private property. Granted it has to be large enough to be hunted on to be legal to fire weapons.

BlackSwordsMan
10-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Uqg3Pg2M9WU

DarkReign
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I have never shot any kind of real gun in my life. When my cousins and I would go over my uncle's house, he had a bunch of guns on display in his basement. We weren't wowed by the guns and never played with them and shot each other because we were uninformed about guns.

Fair, but youre the exception and I am not talking about 5yr olds, per say. I had friends who had never handled a gun until they were 16+. The only thing they knew about them was what they learned from movies and rap videos. They were dangerous because they had absolutely no frickin clue about them at all, if they were loaded, how to check...nothing.

Fpoonsie
10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Uqg3Pg2M9WU

Mother. Fucker.

:lol

CosmicCowboy
10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I am a hunter and a big hunting advocate and I found the parents and this whole video/report extremely embarrassing.

Sec24Row7
10-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Not going to watch the video... Don't know the point of putting that kid out there on TV other than to get the parents some publicity and free flights to morning talk shows...

The gun/hunting opposition really doesn't suprised me. Makes me feel more like a dinosaur... People that hunt like me will be gone in a few generations as soon as the wild places go away and probably before "society" completely breaks down after the failure of pipe dream alternative energies. Wish I could be there when future urbanite of 2150 tries to re-learn the principal of the snare to catch feral cats for food.