PDA

View Full Version : So is David Letterman a stud or just stupid?

NameDropper
10-02-2009, 09:13 AM
After admitting he was being blackmailed over evidence of his sleeping around with some of his female employees?
Or was the guy trying to blackmail David the stupid one?
Or are the women who slept with David the real stupid ones?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/business/media/03extort.html?hp

David Letterman said on his show on Thursday that he had been the victim of an extortion attempt over charges of sexual affairs with staff members, claims that he conceded were true.

Mr. Letterman said on “The Late Show,” on CBS, that he had been approached by a person who wanted $2 million not to go public with information that Mr. Letterman had been in sexual relationships with women who work on his show.

Mr. Letterman said that he had testified before a grand jury and had admitted to the relationships.

“My response to that is, yes I have. Would it be embarrassing if it were made public? Perhaps it would,” he said on the show. “I feel like I need to protect these people. I need to certainly protect my family.”

Bigzax
10-02-2009, 09:28 AM
they guy that got arrested...he's the stupid one.
you got a story, you run with it...you don't blackmail.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
That is why you sleep around with women at other networks.

MiamiHeat
10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
he abused his position as boss.

scummy thing to do. some of the women probably slept with him for a promotion, or scared they might get on his bad side and never get a promotion, or might get fired or treated poorly at work, ruin their career, etc..

scum thing to do.

but i don't care anyway, cause Letterman always sucked. Leno was actually funny

hater
10-02-2009, 12:04 PM
need to see pics of the staff to be the judge

760Spursfan
10-02-2009, 12:07 PM
they guy that got arrested...he's the stupid one.
you got a story, you run with it...you don't blackmail.

I agree. I am sure he could have gotten paid by some celeb mag for the story. What a dumbass!

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
need to see pics of the staff to be the judge

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020701/161641__stephanie_l.jpg

JamStone
10-02-2009, 12:10 PM
When you're rich and famous, women will sleep with you.

Especially at his age, don't really think you'd label the guy a "stud."

But each party to this story is pretty dumb. Letterman's ego got in the way of his reason. Sleeping with multiple women on your staff? Sooner or later, you almost have to expect shit to hit the fan. The guy who was trying to extort money, why the hell would you accept a check? Doesn't he watch the movies? You get the $2 million in unmarked, non-sequential bills. What a dumbass. The broads who boned Letterman, dumb bitches.

mookie2001
10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
is that the girl that always used to be on the show to interview the crowd and give out prizes, he called her by a strange name, she always wore a Letterman lettermans jacket?

balli
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM

scummy thing to do. some of the women probably slept with him for a promotion, or scared they might get on his bad side and never get a promotion, or might get fired or treated poorly at work, ruin their career, etc..

scum thing to do.

That's not exactly fair. Letterman met his wife (ugly as hell) on the show... and his long time girlfriend before that.

That's not to say what he did with this staffer is defensible, but don't just assume professional politics were involved, when all things being equal, it could have just been two people getting their fuck on.

And give it up with Leno. Leno is a rube.

PM5K
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
He's a genius, because he broke this before anyone else, he got ahead of it and had the balls to say it all on-air.

jman3000
10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
It's lame when people preempt a story from coming out by trying to sound like they are coming out with it first to protect their family. You're doing it because you got caught, ss hat.

Rick Pitino, Mark Sanford, Letterman... the list goes on and on.

balli
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
It's lame when people preempt a story from coming out by trying to sound like they are coming out with it first to protect their family. You're doing it because you got caught, ss hat.

Rick Pitino, Mark Sanford, Letterman... the list goes on and on.

Not in this case. He could have just paid the dude, chump change for Letterman, and gone on with life. It's not like this was some media story the LA Times was sitting on; Letterman looked an extortionist straight in the eye, said fuck you, set up an FBI sting and as a consequence told his story. I agree, it took balls.

And it's a far cry from some POS elected official laying their cards out to an already super suspicious press corp.

NoOptionB
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Don't worry. A couple Palin jokes in the opening minutes and everyone will forget he is a buck toothed scum bag.

Girl must have made some nice $$$$$ off that. The things people will do for money :lol

mrsmaalox
10-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I think Dave handled it as well as could be.

jman3000
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
The dude cheated on his wife and he has balls for telling everyone?

If he hadn't have fucked around, there'd be no extortionist in the first place.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I think Dave handled it as well as could be.

I concur. As long as it was consensual sex I don't see the big deal.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM

I don't condone cheating but I'm not going to condemn him for it and as long as he didn't force himself on them they are just as much to blame as he is.

jman3000
10-02-2009, 12:48 PM
It isn't a big deal, but at the same time let's not act like the guy is a class act for coming out with this info.

He can fuck whomever he wants... for all we know the marriage with his wife is failing and dude just wanted to get off.

angel_luv
10-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I concur. As long as it was consensual sex I don't see the big deal.

You know Letterman is married, right?

PM5K
10-02-2009, 12:50 PM
let's not act like the guy is a class act for coming out with this info.

It's not about class, it's about intelligence

balli
10-02-2009, 12:50 PM
The dude cheated on his wife
Who hasn't? :wow

If he were an elected official or some other moralist, I'd hate him for his hypocrisy, but dude, it's David Letterman. If you'd have asked me a week before this story broke how many women Letterman was sleeping with, my immediate answer would have been more than one.

I mean I'm just over getting indignant about the things other dudes do with their dicks. Letterman can put it wherever he wants for all I care. It's not something that makes me think differently about him.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
You know Letterman is married, right?

Yes I do but from what I've heard some of this happened before he was married. Like I said, I don't condone cheating at all period. But I don't think it makes him an evil person either.

mrsmaalox
10-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Maybe he and his wife have worked it out. I really don't think he would have come clean publicly against his wife's wishes. He was wrong to cheat, but how they choose to work thru it is their business.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Maybe he and his wife have worked it out. I really don't think he would have come clean publicly against his wife's wishes. He was wrong to cheat, but how they choose to work thru it is their business.

I don't see her running for a divorce.

Yet.

balli
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
for all we know the marriage with his wife is failing and dude just wanted to get off.
Have you seen his wife? She is not pretty. They strike me as people who are married as best friends, rather than a truly romantic couple. Of course it's just conjecture, but like a lot of extremely wealthy men with pudgy, pasty wives, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he has free license.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
The Top Ten Reasons why David spilled the beans......

mrsmaalox
10-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Have you seen his wife? She is not pretty. They strike me as people who are married as best friends, rather than a truly romantic couple. Of course it's just conjecture, but like a lot of extremely wealthy men with pudgy, pasty wives, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he has free license.

And they've been together for a long time; just like any couple who has been married for a long time, the relationship becomes less romantic and more of a "partnership". Doesn't mean there isn't love there, it's just different.

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Who hasn't?
me

JoeChalupa
And they've been together for a long time; just like any couple who has been married for a long time, the relationship becomes less romantic and more of a "partnership". Doesn't mean there isn't love there, it's just different.

I concur. That is why it is important to keep that fire burning!!

JamStone
The Top Ten Reasons why David spilled the beans......

Number 10: He had a Charles Barkley moment and without realizing just read what was on the teleprompter.

"I fucked one of my staffers. I'm a dumbass."

JoeChalupa
me

Me either.

Kamala
10-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Let a playa play.
Ass is ass.:hat

Jerome
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Let a playa play.

Oh hell yeah!

JamStone
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r58/marilou55/butt.jpg http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac283/MikeLove_77/fat_guy_in_girl_underwear.jpg

desflood
10-02-2009, 01:31 PM
So is David Letterman stupid?
After admitting he was being blackmailed over evidence of his sleeping around with some of his female employees?
Or was the guy trying to blackmail David the stupid one?
Or are the women who slept with David the real stupid ones?
Yes.

BlackSwordsMan
10-02-2009, 01:36 PM

just googled her
jesus

CuckingFunt
10-02-2009, 03:02 PM

scum thing to do.

Scummier than drugging and raping a 13-year-old, apparently.

lefty
10-02-2009, 03:13 PM
He is studpid

thispego
10-02-2009, 03:16 PM

scum thing to do.

lol you are such a little poon. how old are you son?

PM5K
10-02-2009, 03:18 PM

scum thing to do.

Yeah poor girl, now she's sleeping with the producer from 48 Hours, just a coincidence I guess...

thispego
10-02-2009, 03:30 PM
me
MAYBE, BUT NOT BY CHOICE :lmao

hater
10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020701/161641__stephanie_l.jpg

correction, need to see full body pics before making final judgement

but I am leaning towards giving David his props. Dude is old as dirt and has had how many heart surgeries???

and dude still fucking :tu

Imposter
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/02/letterman.extortion/halderman.art.jpg

It looks like this man means business!

PM5K
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/02/letterman.extortion/halderman.art.jpg

It looks like this man means business!

If he tried to blackmail me I'd probably just pay him...

ploto
10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Letterman has only been married for a few months. According to this story, his involvement with this woman was over years ago.

In a further twist to the case, until recently, Halderman was reportedly living with Stephanie Birkitt, a woman who once served as Letterman's assistant. TMZ reported that Letterman and Birkitt had a relationship that ended before Harry was born in 2003. Halderman is reported to have held onto Birkitt's diary, correspondence and photos, which allegedly incriminated Letterman.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1622911/20091002/story.jhtml

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM

It looks like this man means business!so cbfs dad was the one who blackmailed him?

Heath Ledger
10-02-2009, 05:49 PM
He took a page out of the Bob Barker book as far as sleeping with his employees.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
thomas jefferson was the author of that book and the declaration of independence

The Franchise
10-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Why is Dave a dumbass for saving 2 million? What's going to happen to him for doing so? Nothing. What consequences will he suffer for his actions? None. The man is a genius.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Stud? Doubtful.
Stupid? Again, doubtful.
Funny/entertaining? Absolutely not.