PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mason: Lost 17 lbs this summer

tmtcsc
10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but according to Roger Mason Jr., he lost 17 lbs over the summer with the aid of Subway sandwiches. I am sure this will help with the heavy legs syndrome late in the season. Nice to see that he took his offseason seriously and really worked at getting in better shape.

:toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-02-2009, 09:53 AM
"Jerrod here with Roger Mason Jr. and Subway's grilled chicken sandwich. With all that delicious meat, cheese, and fresh veggies it can fill even a pro athlete's appetite."

"And it's low in fat, which helps keep me slim and fit."

"You make a good point, Roger."

"No, I don't. I really, REALLY don't."

Subway! Eat Fresh!

tmtcsc
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
"Jerrod here with Roger Mason Jr. and Subway's grilled chicken sandwich. With all that delicious meat, cheese, and fresh veggies it can fill even a pro athlete's appetite."

Subway! Eat Fresh!

:lol Very well done.

Whisky Dog
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Trying to horn in on Parkers endorsement deal and ride the sandwich dollar train I see

lurker23
10-02-2009, 09:59 AM
If there's going to be a Spurs commercial for a sandwich shop, Matt Bonner absolutely has to be in it.

Whisky Dog
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Subway advertisers are absolute genius - getting people to pay $5 for something they can make better at home for about 50 cents. Almost as good as bottled water marketers.

Sissiborgo
10-02-2009, 10:01 AM
That's solid!

Bender
10-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't know where subway's $5 Footlongs are... everytime I get one there, it comes out to about $7, sandwich only.

Dex
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Subway! Eat Fresh!

Well played.

Agloco
10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
"You make a good point......"

Har de har har. :lol

benefactor
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
SFIE is already in preseason form.....

TFloss32
10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Subway advertisers are absolute genius - getting people to pay $5 for something they can make better at home for about 50 cents. Almost as good as bottled water marketers.

Yeah, that horrible "$5...$5 Footloooooooooong!" jingle is permanently implanted in everyone's subconcious.

Subway is overwhelmingly successful for not being that good.

hater
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Subway! Eat Fresh!

goddam it this is really well done

hater
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM

wish it was that simple. yeah subway is crappy and you could make 10x better at home but. You have to drive your ass to the market every week, buy a week supply of ingredients, and make the damn thing every morning.

Chieflion
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Roger Mason JR to appear in Subway commercials- petitioned by Spurs fans.

Spursmania
10-02-2009, 10:32 AM
We need before and after pics of Mason. 17lbs is a lot of weight!

Timmy's 15 lbs. is a lot of weight too, especially given his age and this late in his career. Kudos to both of them. :toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Subway! Eat Fresh!

Nice work, son!

timvp
10-02-2009, 11:02 AM

Subway! Eat Fresh!

:lol

But yeah, like I said in the other thread that had video of RMJ talking about his weight loss, the fact that he lost weight is good news for the Spurs. He obviously lacked quickness last season, which was exposed more and more on the defensive end. He didn't have the quickness to maneuver around screens and watching him trying to guard swift players (like JJ Barea :rolleyes) was pitiful.

If Mason can provide quality outside shooting in addition to improved defense, he'd make this really deep. But if his defense isn't adequately improved, I could see his role being greatly reduced.

Leetonidas
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
I think Mason will do better this year. I think everyone was shocked at how well he played for us last year and Spurs' FAs tend to do better in their 2nd year. Perhaps he is slimming down to more effectively play the point? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2009, 11:09 AM
its not like going to improve his defensive power

NoOptionB
10-02-2009, 11:14 AM
You know your team is old and unathletic when it is good news that every player is losing weight.

Are our bigs at least putting on any muscle??? :lol:lol

Spursfan092120
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Subway! Eat Fresh!
:lmao:lmao
Mother fucking post of the week.

YODA
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't know where subway's $5 Footlongs are... everytime I get one there, it comes out to about $7, sandwich only.

now thats great marketing:downspin:

Interrohater
10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Dude, their $5 subs are the ones that nobody wants, like the cold cut combo, or their oven-roasted chicken. The absolute best sandwich they have though is the italian BMT on flatbread... that's a ridiculous sandwich.
Also, in that training camp vid, u could see Mason jr's weightloss in his face, he looks younger too. Hopefully it translates to better D

PM5K
10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
So basically all of the Spurs are loosing weight and the fans are gaining it..

DMX7
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Tony Parker used to be in Subway commericials.

timvp
10-02-2009, 02:06 PM

And apparently dropping out of school . . .

EricB
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM

He might've lost a bit of weight with that haircut. Dude's hair at the end was LONG.

The Truth #6
10-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Finley looked to be in excellent condition as well.

Morg1411
10-02-2009, 03:20 PM

Brazil
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Finley looked to be in excellent condition as well.

:bang stop staying that Pop is capable to give him 35 mpg !

Ditty
10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
quiznos>subway

TD 21
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't worry about heavy legs syndrome, with regards to Mason this season. He won't be asked to play or create as much, he'll primarily be a spot up shooter.

If he was right at his 212 listing from last season and is down 17 pounds, then that means he's 195 right now. Which is good, because he needed to be slightly quicker laterally and more athletic than he was last season. It won't help him when Bryant or Artest inevitably take him down in the post, but nothing he could have done could have helped that. Mason is listed at 6'5'' but is probably closer to 6'4''.

mingus
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
he's not going to start making shots because of it, but his defense was comparable to Finley's and i think it's going to make him a quicker, better defender.

Saban Rules
10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I've never thought of Mason at any part of "overweight". Honestly his previous weight couldn't be more normal for a shooting guard, thus losing weight only helps him get fitter for PG position. I guess MF will start for Spurs at SG next season with Manu gobbling some 30min/game off the bench at this position, if Manu's health permits. While Mason's main job for next season is naturally expected to be settled at PG behind Tony Parker, I mean next season we won't see Mason playing SG very often unless Manu or MF suffers somes bad injuries and misses some games.

no way is mason going to be the permanent backup point guard. you are a knick fan, so that comment makes sense. If you have seen mason play then common sense would have stopped you from posting that nonsense

Manufan909
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM

Owned.

And lol at the subway hate here. Subway rocks, and anyone who can make a sandwich for 50 cents that is better than Subway is a pro chef and should be making better sandwiches.:p:

Whisky Dog
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Owned.

And lol at the subway hate here. Subway rocks, and anyone who can make a sandwich for 50 cents that is better than Subway is a pro chef and should be making better sandwiches.:p:

I do it every day - buy all your ingredients and make about 16 sandwiches for $12 bucks. Ok, a little more than 50 cents each but still a lot better than $5.50 or whatever with tax. And you only have to drive to the store once every 16 sandwiches except every one sandwich.

Bottled Water marketers still have subway beat though. People who eat subway are just lazy (like 99% of the population) but bottled water people have actually gotten people to put extra effort into spending $ on stuff they could get for free every day by just adding a 3 cycle filtration system for $20 and get 3 months of free drinking water. Now that's genius marketing almost on the level of religion for manipulating people.

tlongII
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Dude, their $5 subs are the ones that nobody wants, like the cold cut combo, or their oven-roasted chicken. The absolute best sandwich they have though is the italian BMT on flatbread... that's a ridiculous sandwich.
Also, in that training camp vid, u could see Mason jr's weightloss in his face, he looks younger too. Hopefully it translates to better D

They had a $5 Buffalo chicken when I went to Subway today. Excellent. :tu

Strike
10-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Owned.

Subway isn't bad but it sucks balls compared to Quiznos.

EJFischer
10-02-2009, 06:43 PM
according to Roger Mason Jr., he lost 17 lbs over the summer

Excellent. I hope it helps him go around screens. That was a real liability last year.

mazerrackham
10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Is losing all that fat going to help him find his shot in the playoffs.

I dunno, what is Vujacic doing to find his?

Indazone
10-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Nice floatation devices in your sig. How long did it take to blow those up?