PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams: Disturbing story

DBryant88
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
NEW YORK -- The New York Daily News is reporting that Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams' severed head was mistreated at an Arizona cryonics facility, according to details from a new book.

In "Frozen," Larry Johnson, a former executive at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Ariz., writes that Williams' head, which had been severed and frozen for storage, was abused at the facility. Johnson claims a technician took baseball-like swings at Williams' frozen head with a monkey wrench.

Williams, the last player to hit over .400 in a season, died in July 2002 at age 83 and had his remains sent to Alcor for cryogenic storage in the hope that future generations would develop the technology to revive him.

According to the Daily News, Johnson wrote the book while in hiding after becoming a whistleblower in 2003. He held the title of chief operating officer of Alcor for eight months, the newspaper said. He is scheduled for a Tuesday appearance on the ABC news show "Nightline."

Johnson told the Daily News he wired himself during his last three months of employment at Alcor and stole internal records. The book also includes photos of severed heads and procedures performed on bodies.

Taco
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
fucking sick people

JamStone
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
This is headed down a bad path.

But this story should be kept on ice until all the facts come out.

I hope the headline doesn't read like a tabloid apart from the body of a story that is very serious.

LnGrrrR
10-02-2009, 11:46 AM

I hope the headline doesn't read like a tabloid apart from the body of a story that is very serious.

Ugh! No need to be so cold Jam. Ted Williams was a cool guy, and a great hitter. They said he had ice running through his veins. It's poor form to take shots at the guy now.

JamStone
10-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Yea, he was a great hitter. I heard he had a great arm too. Threw the baseball on frozen rope. But I wouldn't stick my neck out for him in this case. I heard he severed ties with a lot of people along the way. In the end, he died a cold, bitter man.

Taco
10-02-2009, 12:41 PM

Ugh! No need to be so cold Jam. Ted Williams was a cool guy, and a great hitter. They said he had ice running through his veins. It's poor form to take shots at the guy now.

Yea, he was a great hitter. I heard he had a great arm too. Threw the baseball on frozen rope. But I wouldn't stick my neck out for him in this case. I heard he severed ties with a lot of people along the way. In the end, he died a cold, bitter man.

Like I said, fucking sick people

:nope :lol
:nope:rollin
:nope:lmao

:lol:rollin:lmao

DBryant88
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
you guys need help

manufan10
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Well at least it's not what I thought it was going to be about.

resistanze
10-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Alcor is not getting away with this. Heads will roll.

Sportcamper
10-02-2009, 05:58 PM
It justs gets worse...:bang

http://stanleybing.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2009/10/02/quick-ted-williams-is-defrosting/

word
10-03-2009, 02:08 AM
why was a tuna can frozen to his fuckin' head, man ?

NEW YORK - A new book by a former employee of Alcor, the company that froze Ted Williams’ remains, alleges the baseball Hall of Famer’s body was mistreated by the company.

Larry Johnson says in the book “Frozen: My Journey Into the World of Cryonics, Deception and Death” that he watched an Alcor official swing a monkey wrench at Williams’ frozen severed head to try to remove a tuna can stuck to it. The first swing accidentally struck the head, Johnson contends, and the second knocked the tuna can loose.

I'm sorry but ....lol x lol

MajorMike
10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Smells like tuna.

dallaskd
10-04-2009, 09:08 PM
hes dead anyways..

LnGrrrR
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't know about that story... sounds kind of fishy.

Heath Ledger
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know about that story... sounds kind of fishy.

Too obvious= You fail.

exstatic
10-10-2009, 11:37 PM
This one is just so much win...:lol

In the future, will there be a lot of people with just a head? How will they get around? Will they have Bluetooth? :lmao

Extra Stout
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
So what happens in the future when a splinter gets stuck to Bill Parcells' frozen severed head?