PDA

View Full Version : "How to be a Hypocritical, Money-Grubbing B@st@rd" by Jon Gosselin

desflood
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Jon Gosselin has sent a letter to TLC demanding they halt production of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" or any other show with his children STAT.

Gosselin now claims the filming is detrimental to his kids and he's now determined to bring in police if that's what it takes to stop the production.

So coincidence? Jon was just 86'd from the show -- which will be relaunched as "Kate Plus 8" in November -- and a day later he's suddenly worried about the kids he sporadically sees. A source connected with the production says Jon had no problem shooting the show as recently as last Friday ... but since he was essentially fired from the show this week, he's suddenly worried about his children.

JudynTX
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't even get me started on this no talent ass clown.

angel_luv
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Sad situation all around. It must be really hard on the kids.

JudynTX
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
How much do they pay per episode? $75,000 or $100,000?

angel_luv
10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I wonder why Kate is continuing with the show, considering all the kids are having to adjust to.
It seems the last thing any of that family needs right now is to be followed around by cameramen and have their lives broadcast for the whole world to see.

Even so, I think it is shady the way John is suddenly objecting to it.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Regardless of the motives, he's well within his right to do so.

Bigzax
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
he gets a cut, the show goes on...

mrsmaalox
10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Gawd I am so sick of these people! I've never even seen their show and I know wayyy more about them than I care to. Every time I turn on the tv or stand in a check out lane, one of them is in my face and I'm tired of it. How else are these 2 self centered, idiots going to worm their way into my life? :bang

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I hear about this couple all the time. He needs his allowance to keep up his lifestyle.

Imposter
10-02-2009, 02:03 PM
this show sucks anyways and is a shining example of whats wrong with television these days. and trust me, Jon is not the only money-grubbing bastard in the relationship, Kate is all about the money too so lets keep this in perspective. they both can go to hell.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey, they both have 8 mouths to feed!!

Fpoonsie
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
While this guy appears to be quite the d-bag, I think the REAL blame lies on the people who continue to watch this reality tv garbage. If people would stop tuning into this crap, there wouldn't be a problem in the FIRST place.

bus driver
10-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Sad situation all around. It must be really hard on the kids.

way to look out for the children :lol

this show sucks!

mrsmaalox
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I wonder why Kate is continuing with the show, considering all the kids are having to adjust to.
It seems the last thing any of that family needs right now is to be followed around by cameramen and have their lives broadcast for the whole world to see.

Even so, I think it is shady the way John is suddenly objecting to it.

Because it has never been about the kids.....

tp2021
10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
and trust me, Jon is not the only money-grubbing bastard in the relationship, Kate is all about the money too so lets keep this in perspective.

MsMcGillyCutty
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Because it has never been about the kids.....

That is becoming the norm these days.

desflood
10-02-2009, 02:13 PM

this show sucks anyways and is a shining example of whats wrong with television these days. and trust me, Jon is not the only money-grubbing bastard in the relationship, Kate is all about the money too so lets keep this in perspective. they both can go to hell.

While this guy appears to be quite the d-bag, I think the REAL blame lies on the people who continue to watch this reality tv garbage. If people would stop tuning into this crap, there wouldn't be a problem in the FIRST place.

I agree with all of these. I've also never seen the show, because I don't think kids need to be exploited for the parent's monetary gain, but his glaring hypocrisy just hit me so hard I felt the need to share.

MsMcGillyCutty
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
But with 8 babies who here wouldn't take a good hard look at the $$ when they were offered this gig?

Fpoonsie
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I agree with all of these. I've also never seen the show, because I don't think kids need to be exploited for the parent's monetary gain, but his glaring hypocrisy just hit me so hard I felt the need to share.

Understandable. It's rather sickening.

exstatic
10-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Regardless of the motives, he's well within his right to do so.

he gets a cut, the show goes on...

That. I'm not a big fan of either of them. I think he's a slacker creep, and she's a soul sucking shrew, but the kids are really the show, and it ain't right to cut him out. They're his kids, too. He should get his cut. She'll probably wind up with a big chunk of it for child support anyway.

mookie2001
10-02-2009, 07:23 PM
jon from jon and kate plus 8

xellos88330
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Gawd I am so sick of these people! I've never even seen their show and I know wayyy more about them than I care to. Every time I turn on the tv or stand in a check out lane, one of them is in my face and I'm tired of it. How else are these 2 self centered, idiots going to worm their way into my life? :bang

This is how I feel about 'Twilight'.

Sorry all you Twilight fans out there... but Stephanie Meyers has no talent.

BlackSwordsMan
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
very caring father

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-02-2009, 07:58 PM
It's my understanding that Ed Hardy shirts aren't cheap.
Good thing he's got a deal with them, otherwise he couldn't afford to get any more.

ploto
10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
While his motives are obviously questionable, I am all for anything that gets these kids off this show.

thispego
10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
how is a J&K+8 thread not multiple pages by now???

exstatic
10-02-2009, 11:47 PM
While his motives are obviously questionable, I am all for anything that gets these kids off this show.
He doesn't want the show stopped. It's just a ploy to get his cut. Once that happens, game on. The network doesn't want the show off the air. The parents don't want the show off the air, as neither seems to have any discernable job or social skills. This is just a negotiation to reflect the new family reality.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2009, 01:27 AM
He doesn't want the show stopped. It's just a ploy to get his cut. Once that happens, game on. The network doesn't want the show off the air. The parents don't want the show off the air, as neither seems to have any discernable job or social skills. This is just a negotiation to reflect the new family reality.

Where are you getting this from? This is not at all what he and his lawyer have said. The comes across as a moron but I don't know him or his wife (who comes off as a freakshow herself). Its just so disgusting the amount of attention all of this shit gets.

I feel badly for those damn kids. They're going to be so happy when they're 18 and they have to look back on this shit.

mouse
10-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Where was all you tree huggers before this even took place? Kids my ass!
All of you lame fucks a week ago had your candy ass's sitting in front of the Tv watching this shit, and now your pulling out the PETA, I care about global warming,we are the world, lets save the children,card? :lmao

Kermit
10-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I read somewhere that they were paid $23,000 per episode but that none of that income was set aside for the kids. That's pretty f-ed. Still, I can't see how anyone can watch or enjoy that shit.

Fabbs
10-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Yahoo news said 75,000 per episode.
But i'm guessing they've made much more then that from the lame mags that do the one on one interviews and also appearances such as with the twunts on The View.

exstatic
10-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Where are you getting this from? This is not at all what he and his lawyer have said. The comes across as a moron but I don't know him or his wife (who comes off as a freakshow herself). Its just so disgusting the amount of attention all of this shit gets.

I feel badly for those damn kids. They're going to be so happy when they're 18 and they have to look back on this shit.

How else is he going to bring the show to s SCREECHING halt in order to get his cut, other than this? It's a way to take the show off the air immediately, and strengthen his bargaining position.

I'm a little surprised, Manny. You're usually better at reading between the lines than this. Since when do you believe the content of managed news releases? Ninety nine percent of them are either spin or damage control. Ignore the news release, and just look how the time line of events played out last week.

mookie2001
10-03-2009, 10:07 AM
now its kate plus 8

mookie2001
10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
jon was in there

MannyIsGod
10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
How else is he going to bring the show to s SCREECHING halt in order to get his cut, other than this? It's a way to take the show off the air immediately, and strengthen his bargaining position.

I'm a little surprised, Manny. You're usually better at reading between the lines than this. Since when do you believe the content of managed news releases? Ninety nine percent of them are either spin or damage control. Ignore the news release, and just look how the time line of events played out last week.

I dunno - I guess for some reason I want to believe him that he's doing this for the kids. In the end we'll see. Obviously if he takes a cut or settlement to keep it going then this was all bullshit. I hope he's not full of shit for the kids sake since this mother apparently is making no attempts to stop the show.

EricB
10-03-2009, 02:37 PM
He had a really good job as a computer software guy and was asked to quit that to help at home with the kids.

The soul sucking shrew (very good term for the whack job) is all for the BS that goes on with this show.

mookie2001
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
he was just a normal everyday joe, making $10,000 a year

boutons_deux
10-03-2009, 03:05 PM
"I wonder why Kate is continuing with the show"

she's made about $1M

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Knife fight for custody on pay-per-view with proceeds going to the kids college funds. Everyone comes out a winner. Well, except the person who loses the knife fight, but that's one loser while the kids, the winner of the knife fight, and the American public all win. You got to like those numbers.

mookie2001
10-03-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah kate?

the shows all about her

spursfan09
10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I like Joel Mchales response when he found out that the show dropped Jon. "How are they going to kill off his character?" :lol

Shaolin-Style
10-04-2009, 07:09 AM
I've never watched it but I think it's good they do the show. Sure it probably sacrifices their childhood a bit, but from the few clips I've seen the kids seem to still have fun and meet celebrities and they're getting a good paycheck for their future.

benefactor
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't think any of this really matters. In all likelyhood, the ratings will plummet and the show will be off the air by this time next year.

nuclearfm
10-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Never watched the show, don't plan to

JamStone
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
I am proud of the fact that I have never watched one second of the show ever.

I think the show is actually good for the kids in the longterm though. So when kids make fun of them when they're older and say shit like "your mom is a crazy bitch" or "your dad is a deadbeat loser," they can smile and say, "well, duh, everyone knows that" instead of having to defend them.

Whisky Dog
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Easy way to settle this:

2 Shows. "Kate Plus Eight" and "Jon Minus Nine".

You get the kids driving THE face of American bitch mothers crazy on one show and the drugged out ugly whore banging debauchery on the other. Everyone wins.

angel_luv
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/jon-kate-plus-8/show/42651/news/tv-news.en.ap.org/tv-news.en.ap.org-20091016-us_tv_gosselin_lawsuit

TLC suing Jon for breech of contract.

JudynTX
10-16-2009, 03:11 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/jon-kate-plus-8/show/42651/news/tv-news.en.ap.org/tv-news.en.ap.org-20091016-us_tv_gosselin_lawsuit

TLC suing Jon for breech of contract.

What goes around, comes around.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Coming this spring to TLC: John and Kate Litigate!

angel_luv
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Coming this spring to TLC: John and Kate Litigate!

You really are so funny! You should be on staff to write for a comedy sitcom.