coyotes_geek
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Good to hear Manu say he's not in pain.

Summers
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Head coaches are all a little cuckoo. :lol

MaNu4Tres
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Encouraging words TP had to say about Blair.

Can the regular season get here already?

benefactor
10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks again.

Summers
10-02-2009, 04:24 PM

Encouraging all around. All of them seem excited about the new roster and ready to start playing.

DPG21920
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Lakaluva is watching because he is nervous.......Get out of the Spurs forum, stay the hell away from the Blazers NBA Forum and go hang out in the club.

mingus
10-02-2009, 04:29 PM
i liked Hailsip's interview. he didn't have a whole lot to say, so he didn't say anything that he shouldn't have said, but i think that's a good thing and he's the type of player who wants his game to do the talking.

Libri
10-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Haislip said that he's ready to hustle and play defense. It looks like the Spurs' indoctrination process is working.

DPG21920
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I can't wait to see the scrimmage on Sunday. Everyone is giving pretty solid interviews and they all seem focused on one thing.

xellos88330
10-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Spursdotcom... you damn tease!!! ::p:

I cannot wait for the season to start!

FkLA
10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I can't wait to see the scrimmage on Sunday. Everyone is giving pretty solid interviews and they all seem focused on one thing.

Is that the one thats going to be an open practice? If so, do alot of people turn out for these...it'd be awesome to go but not if I need to like camp outside to get a spot.

Libri
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Tony: Blair is "a beast on the rebound at both ends of the court." :tu

Manufan909
10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Damn, will any of the open scrimmage be put online or on tv?

Baseline
10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Dude, I'm all over Haislip. I'm more excited about him than almost anybody else.

Between RJ and Haislip, Finley shouldn't see the floor, and that fact alone will make this year's team a whole different thing to deal with.

With Finley, defenses needed to be concerned with only one thing, and that was his three ball. But as we know, he didn't hit many of those anyway. Finley couldn't defend, he couldn't rebound, he couldn't drive - it was a joke, really.

With RJ, everything about his game is better than Finley's. Everything.

With Haislip, you have to get a body on him on every shot because he can jump over you on the offensive glass. He's long, and sounds like he's ready to defend athletic 3 guys. And I'm sure he'll be a beast on the breaks with his leaping ability. And I think he'll surprise people with his shooting.

Haislip is definitely the X-factor addition this year.

duncan228
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM

actually...

:toast

Open practice on Sunday will be streamed live on spurs.com

Brazil
10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
A way too much expectation for Haislip.
I'm also exited to see what he can do in the league but I've seen him play in Spain and we should all be more prudent with this guy. Thinking he can defend Lamar is at best premature. He is athletic but he can be very very very lazy on Defense, he is also quite inconsistent at both ends of the court. He has a lot of ups and downs.
The most solid prospect is IMO Blair, haislip like Ian is a big ?

angelbelow
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
thanks for the post! I also enjoyed the haislip interview, seems very humble.

urunobili
10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
it's been a while since spursdotcom deserves its own ST Spur!

DBMethos
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Loving these updates. :tu

DPG21920
10-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Is that the one thats going to be an open practice? If so, do alot of people turn out for these...it'd be awesome to go but not if I need to like camp outside to get a spot.

Yes, that is the open scrimmage. I am not sure how many people will show up, but I am sure there will be a decent crowd.

timtonymanu
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Good to finally hear from Haislip. Short interview, but I like what he said.

galvatron3000
10-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Manu with no first step? I'm wondering will he get it back at his age, his shot should return with adjustments but no first step then he has to be SUPER smart. I am a bit concerned if he can't adapt his game if the first step never returns.

SpurNation
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the interviews.

Tony's eyes lit up when talking about Blair as if he was suprised as to how good Blair is doing at this point. But he then emphasized it will have to be a wait and see how that translates to an actual game.

I'm realy pumped about this coming season. Especially if our post game is that much better. It will allow our perimeter players to be even better.

Buddy Holly
10-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Is there always some dill hole who has to ask about or mention the cowboys? Seriously, take the cowboys football out from your ass please.

Mark in Austin
10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I second the spur nomination for spursdotcom. Thanks again for the updates! They are really appreciated.

Manufan909
10-02-2009, 09:06 PM

actually...

Thanks Duncan228. Where did spursdotcom answer me anyways? I didn't see his answer, just your quote of it.

Manu with no first step? I'm wondering will he get it back at his age, his shot should return with adjustments but no first step then he has to be SUPER smart. I am a bit concerned if he can't adapt his game if the first step never returns.

I haven't watched the video, but that sounds horrible. How is he dazzling people so much in practice then?:depressed

BillMc
10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for posting those links. But my lousy computer won't play them grrrr! Time to got to another internet cafe!

Manu lost a step? That scares me, but obviously he seems to be doing fine so far.

duncan228
10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks Duncan228. Where did spursdotcom answer me anyways? I didn't see his answer, just your quote of it.

He said it in the Day 2 Video thread.

loveforthegame
10-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks again for the videos. Great stuff. :tu

I liked how Parkers eyes lit up when talking about Blair too. Though he knows what most of us already know about having to be patient with his learning curve.

Enjoyed Haislips interview too. I hope we get to hear more about him but I think we need to show patience there as well.

DJB
10-02-2009, 10:11 PM

Can the regular season get here already?

:tu

EricB
10-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I guess I missed the part about Manu missing his first step cause I didn't hear him say it..

galvatron3000
10-02-2009, 10:28 PM

actually...

I haven't watched the video, but that sounds horrible. How is he dazzling people so much in practice then?:depressed

Well, I don't know I didn't see him play. He said his first step hadn't come back yet in the video though so I'm taking his word for it and remembeing how he looked upon his returned last season when he kept taking jumpers and not really slashing. I am just a bit concerned because he doesn't have the strength to adpat his game much. Hopefully, he will regain some explosiveness as the camp goes on. He's what 32 years old though?

wildbill2u
10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Dude, I'm all over Haislip. I'm more excited about him than almost anybody else.

Between RJ and Haislip, Finley shouldn't see the floor, and that fact alone will make this year's team a whole different thing to deal with.

With Finley, defenses needed to be concerned with only one thing, and that was his three ball. But as we know, he didn't hit many of those anyway. Finley couldn't defend, he couldn't rebound, he couldn't drive - it was a joke, really.

With RJ, everything about his game is better than Finley's. Everything.

With Haislip, you have to get a body on him on every shot because he can jump over you on the offensive glass. He's long, and sounds like he's ready to defend athletic 3 guys. And I'm sure he'll be a beast on the breaks with his leaping ability. And I think he'll surprise people with his shooting.

Haislip is definitely the X-factor addition this year.

I agree with almost everything but ragging Finley. He actually had a pretty good season shooting. Doesn't mean I want him seeing all those minutes this year, but if he earns them instead of getting them by default, that's another story.

But Haislip is my X Factor too. If he really concentrates on defense and hustle, he can get some minutes. Watching some of those You Tube reels I was concenrating on his movement, not just the slam dunks finishes.

I grant you its not easy to gauge his competition, but When you see a guy that big dribble between his legs to cross over and then leave his defender in the dust as he drives for the slam inside, you have a explosive athletic player with lots of potential.

Mr. Body
10-03-2009, 09:10 AM
No one comes in with more to prove and more on the line than Haislip. He knows this is his chance to come back and play in the US. It may not come again.

lurker23
10-03-2009, 09:20 AM
spursdotcom, not sure if you're still following this thread, but will the video from the scrimmage on Sunday be archived and available for future viewing? I have to be at work. :(

KenziE
10-03-2009, 10:04 AM
great interviews gotta love manu very down to earth and a straight up cool guy overall .....

and yeah Twitter and facebook is cool gotta reach out to the fans and friends all over the world, he's not from the US so its easier and FASTER for him to communicate via the internet.... so those people who think that FB and twitt is gay grow up and travel around the world for all i know you dont even have a passport ......

spursdotcom
10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
spursdotcom, not sure if you're still following this thread, but will the video from the scrimmage on Sunday be archived and available for future viewing? I have to be at work. :(

Don't want to make that promise, but will certainly make every effort.

:toast