PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about the 1st round exit.

xellos88330
10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Seems like all of these teams fans bash the Spurs and their fans for getting upset in the first round by the Mavs. I really think they need to realize that the first round exit was something that could really hurt their teams this season. The Spurs have assembled a roster due to that debacle of a postseason (I still think the Spurs should have whooped the shit outta that Mavs team even with the injuries) that is the best it has been in years, and probably in the history of the Spurs on paper. If the Spurs do well this year, I hope that every Spurs fan will thank the Mavs for being dumb and knocking out the Spurs in the first round and giving the best franchise in the world new life.

GO SPURS GO!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: + :lobt2:

WildcardManu
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
yep

iggypop123
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
they won with a crippled howard. it wouldnt be that much of a rape.

xellos88330
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
they won with a crippled howard. it wouldnt be that much of a rape.

Im being a ridiculous homer when I said that they would crush the Mavs.

coyotes_geek
10-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure most fans, at least the ones with half a brain, were already expecting the Spurs to do something to try and squeeze one more ring out of the Duncan era. Irregardless of whether or not the Spurs got knocked out in the 1st round. No one is out there wishing the mavs would have just tanked the playoffs so that the Spurs wouldn't have gotten angry and tried to improve.

InRareForm
10-02-2009, 05:51 PM
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/Spurs19992003/backpacknothing.gif

alchemist
10-02-2009, 07:45 PM
If you heard Pop they were going to do something this season either way. But, I believe Parker's speech after losing to the Mavs (and probably more behind the scenes) pressured the Spurs into doing something more considering Parker is coming up for free agency in a couple years.

exstatic
10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
If you heard Pop they were going to do something this season either way. But, I believe Parker's speech after losing to the Mavs (and probably more behind the scenes) pressured the Spurs into doing something more considering Parker is coming up for free agency in a couple years.

Yeah, if you read the stuff from the offseason, Pop said that even healthy, that team wasn't good enough to win more than one or two series. A re-tool was going to happen, regardless.

NFGIII
10-03-2009, 02:52 PM
huh? so now the mavs are dumb for actually winning? really? how about we just sucked and mavs were better

why is it so hard for some of you guys to admit the mavs have had the better team than us since 06

You need to read the sarcasm in the first post which he admitted to later. I don't think any post in this thread seriously stated that the Spurs were the better team. I do believe that if Manu was healthy the Spurs would have won a very tough series - taking 6 - 7 games to do it - but the Spurs just didn't have it last year like in previous championship runs.

Best team since '06? Seems that you are forgetting '07 aren't you? Who had the best team that year and won the rings? Help me out here would you.

They were going to retool this year regardless of the outcome as exstatic stated earier. The Spurs had come to a point where this was the only viable option. They had to get younger in order to take advantage of TD's last remaining years.

Looking for #5 this year - :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

exstatic
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
why is it so hard for some of you guys to admit the mavs have had the better team than us since 06

Because they don't? I'll admit that we match up head to head badly with them, but if they are THAT much better, they would be the ones with a LoB trophy during that duration, not us. I doubt you'll get any Mavs fan to say that GS is a better team over the last two or three years, yet they seem to have Dallas's number. SA/Dallas is no different.

coyotes_geek
10-03-2009, 03:11 PM
huh? so now the mavs are dumb for actually winning? really? how about we just sucked and mavs were better

06 was a coin flip that the mavs won.
07 the Spurs were better.
08 the Spurs were better.
09 the mavs were better.

spursfaninla
10-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure most fans, at least the ones with half a brain, were already expecting the Spurs to do something to try and squeeze one more ring out of the Duncan era. Irregardless of whether or not the Spurs got knocked out in the 1st round. No one is out there wishing the mavs would have just tanked the playoffs so that the Spurs wouldn't have gotten angry and tried to improve.

Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis. Irregardless first appeared in the early 20th century and was perhaps popularized by its use in a comic radio program of the 1930s.

Kool Bob Love
10-03-2009, 03:12 PM

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1710/tysonstarel.gif

sprrs
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Another silver lining to losing in the first round is they get a longer offseason, which means more time to rest the legs. I don't think anyone honestly expected them to win it all without Manu, so dragging out the postseason wouldn't have been in their best interests.

That being said, I would have still loved for them to beat the Mavs.

SpurCharger
10-04-2009, 12:46 PM
06 was a coin flip that the mavs won.
07 the Spurs were better.
08 the Spurs were better.
09 the mavs were better.

Agreed

peskypesky
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
This new Spurs team will smash the Mavs. Grizzly Blair will see to that.

Chillen
10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
What people forget is that while the Spurs had no Manu, Duncan wasn't 100% either, I wonder how all the rest will help the Spurs this season. Sometimes it takes something like this to get a team back on track, the Spurs if healthy will be a tough team to beat.

DPG21920
10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
The Mavs got better.

Blackjack
10-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Yet, they're still not contenders.:lol

Dave McNulla
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
in the end, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks. it matters what happens on the court. i think the spurs will be pretty good this year, but they always are.

ooshmay
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
No way Mavs will knock out spurs with the current spurs roster if healthy.. actually.. even without MANU!!! with Jefferson there mavs have no chance.. i mean an aged kidd, a soft dirk, STONER howard and no bass? Even if im a hardcore MAVS hater theres no way spurs cant beat them..

P.s HOW MUCH OF A BEAST IS MR.NO-ACL'S BLAIR!!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
The Mavs always play the Spurs tough. I'm sure Cuban figured the '09 playoffs were a complete success because they beat us. The Spurs are the team the Mavs get fired up about.