PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Stupidity

Nbadan
10-03-2009, 05:00 PM
If you haven't seen this chick, your missing the shit - she's hot, smart and loves Kitties...

fmHN3JtyUXg

jman3000
10-03-2009, 05:15 PM
She was on Laura Ingraham earlier today. It was a taped segment or a "best of" show, and she did pretty good. Never heard of her before today though.

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2009, 05:18 PM
If you haven't seen this chick, your missing the shit - she's hot, smart and loves Kitties...

fmHN3JtyUXg

I'm in love

balli
10-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm in love

Further proof of natural selection: The lengths I, or presumably any normal hetero male, would go to, to get to her first. :ihit

Cry Havoc
10-03-2009, 05:47 PM
As a Christian, I agree with basically everything she said. Mr. Douglas is kind of an idiot, but that much is obvious.

Mark in Austin
10-03-2009, 07:20 PM
:tu

boutons_deux
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Critical thinking, even by a very clever, no-bullshit blonde :lol, is all it takes to counter the magical, irrational thinking of "Christian" Bible-thumpers.

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6173399/Charles-Darwin-film-too-controversial-for-religious-America.html

mouse
10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I wonder how many times she has typed the letters OMG without thinking.

MiamiHeat
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I take it back, i don't care.

NoOptionB
10-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I love when Europeans say booooooolshit.

baseline bum
10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
That is awesome! Great find, nbadan.

MiamiHeat
10-03-2009, 11:15 PM
She is married, by the way.

mogrovejo
10-03-2009, 11:27 PM
I find her annoying and over-excited.

I also think she has no idea about the meaning of the expression "God given liberties" in the philosophical realm. I think that rebutting the Natural Rights Theory is not as easy as she believes.

Winehole23
10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Good lookin, whip smart and very opinionated.

Perhaps there is a detectable throb of juvenile self-regard, age appropriate surely -- who, after all is really so interested in thwarting people trying to give away free books on college campuses, and refuting them point for point beforehand on the youtubes?

I like her.

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
There's no hair tossing in forensics, but she did it to good effect. I thought she was smooth. Animated yes, overacting, no. IMHO.

MiamiHeat
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
winehole, peg you about 43 years old?

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 12:20 AM
You been readin my profile.

MiamiHeat
10-04-2009, 12:24 AM
doesn't say how old you are. so, 43 close?

mogrovejo
10-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Is she aware that "We hold these truths to be self-evident (...) that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" is not written on the Bible?

I say no.

Is she aware that the debate about the necessity of the concept of inalienable rights to found the existence of individual liberties has been going on for centuries?

I also say no.

Is she aware about the possible ramifications of her theory that "our liberties are given to us by other people"?

I also don't think so.

She just doesn't look very bright at all.

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 12:45 AM
doesn't say how old you are. so, 43 close?Close.

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Is she aware that "We hold these truths to be self-evident (...) that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" is not written on the Bible?

I say no.

Is she aware that the debate about the necessity of the concept of inalienable rights to found the existence of individual liberties has been going on for centuries?

I also say no.

Is she aware about the possible ramifications of her theory that "our liberties are given to us by other people"?

I also don't think so.Maybe you should ask her.

Haranguing us about her intellectual lacunae (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lacuna) does neither us nor her any good, mogro.

mogrovejo
10-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Maybe you should ask her.

Haranguing us about her intellectual lacunae (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lacuna) does neither us nor her any good, mogro.

She was the one who decided to publicize her dubious philosophical theories to the world, wasn't she? She decided to dismiss arguments she apparently dislikes without even caring to understand their meaning. I admire your act of gallant chivalry, but the effectiveness or elegance of my rethorics isn't the issue here.

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 01:49 AM
She decided to dismiss arguments she apparently dislikes without even caring to understand their meaning. Ah, the brio of youth.

boutons_deux
10-04-2009, 03:25 AM
"her theory that "our liberties are given to us by other people""

not a theory, but an inarguable fact.

both for liberties and for rights, both completely man-made, man-controlled, man-given and man-denied.

mogrovejo
10-04-2009, 04:29 AM
"her theory that "our liberties are given to us by other people""

not a theory, but an inarguable fact.

both for liberties and for rights, both completely man-made, man-controlled, man-given and man-denied.

I tend to agree. Unfortunately, a couple of sentences, no matter the degree of assertiveness used to proclaim them, aren't enough to destroy the entire oeuvre of Kant, Hobbes, Aquinas, Locke or Grotius.

It still doesn't excuse her of invoking the Constitution to make the case.

word
10-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Origin of Species/Natural Selection does not conflict with christianity. Observing the laws of nature was taking place long before Darwin. Thomas Acquinas, who had an IQ of over 200 and is considered one of the top 10 smartest people to have ever lived addressed this in Summa Theologia and supported Augustines view of 'accidental' developement or 'evolution' some 800 years ago. I'm 'pretty sure' Thomas Acquinas is a tad sharper pencil in the box than Kurt Cameron. His summas are considered to be everything that man knows about god and mans relationship TO god. It's indisputed in any real sense and is the greatest work of writings on the subject. Approximately 80 volumes. And he died at 42. 'I cannot write another thing. My words are like straw to me'. Hence the saying 'the last straw'.

Thomas Aquinas, however, managed to articulate a meeting of science and religion that refused to compromise the truth of either discipline. Aquinas asserted in his Summa Theologica and Summa Contra Gentiles, that “the Christian conception of God as the author of all truth and the notion that the aim of scientific research is the truth indicates that there can be no fundamental incompatibility between the two” (Tkacz). He did not elevate religious fundamentalism above science, advocating scientific research to prove scriptural infallibility, as many creationists are wont to do. Rather, he advocated non-literal interpretation of the Bible, but the maintenance of a strong faith in God.

Aquinas, interestingly enough, also proposed what was essentially an early form of the evolutionary theory, and which now resembles the modern Intelligent Design theory to a certain extent. On Creation, Aquinas acknowledges the role of accident, a particularly contentious point in the modern evolution vs. creationism debate, saying, “that divine providence does not exclude fortunes and chance...so it would be contrary to the meaning of providence, and to the perfection of things, if there were no chance events” (Augustine, qtd. in O'Leary). Even more notably, he suggests what is essentially microevolution:

“Nothing is said to be complete to which many things are added, unless they are merely superfluous, for a thing is called perfect to which nothing is wanting that it ought to possess. But many things were made after the seventh day, and the production of many individual beings, and even of certain new species that are frequently appearing, especially in the case of animals generated from putrefaction...species, also, that are new, if any such appear, existed beforehand in various active powers; so that animals, and perhaps even new species of animals, are produced by putrefaction by the power which the stars and elements received at the beginning.” (Augustine, Q. 73)

In this passage, Augustine quite literally suggests that creatures have evolved independent of any divine interference, out of initial creation.

St. Augustine lived some 1600 years ago, and died in 430. So this 'evolution' thing has been around for quite a while now.

It is these 'new age' whacko fundamentalist bible thumpers that are, yes, stupid, and deny natural selection. They know nothing of god or evolution.

mogrovejo
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Origin of Species/Natural Selection does not conflict with christianity.

Of course not. People on both sides still operating within the mindframe that there's a fundamental opposition between religion and science are living in the 18th century. They need an urgent aggiornamento.

Thomas Acquinas, who had an IQ of over 200 and is considered one of the top 10 smartest people to have ever lived

:lolSt. Thomas wrote some of the most intellectually challenging and clever texts I've ever had the pleasure to read. He was certainly a very intelligent person. That sentence is completely bizarre though.

NoOptionB
10-04-2009, 08:45 AM
She is cute but no goddess.

Get ahold of yourselves gentlemen.

Winehole23
10-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Putting down the theory of evolution to Aquinas is a bit of a stretch, but it makes sense to cite him as a counterpoint to the false dilemma of natural history and theology.

symple19
10-04-2009, 08:12 PM

fmHN3JtyUXg

:tu

Freaking wonderful. Kirk Cameron makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see him.

This chick must be in Nor-Cal if she's saying "hella" --- And yeah, I'd totally bone her, like, fer real

Good stuff Dan

jack sommerset
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Growing pains was a damn fine show. Too bad we had to find out some of the cast were fucked up. Oh well, such as life. FYI I like the Cosby Show too. A top 10 for me.