PDA

View Full Version : Garnett: "I Don't Have Any Knee Problems."

duncan228
10-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Garnett: "I don't have any knee problems." (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/10/garnett_i_dont.html)
by Gary Washburn
The Boston Globe

NEWPORT, R.I. -- Kevin Garnett said Saturday that his knee is pain free and he feels more flexible with his surgically repaired right knee than at any time since the operation. Garnett was nimble running the court at Salve Regina University and didn't favor the right leg as much as Tuesday, the first day of training camp.

Here is the complete interview with Garnett:

What did you think of the second team's performance?

"You what it is? We don't have to stop with our second team and teach and Doc ain't gotta make a lot of adjustments and points of emphasis. Last year I thought we had a younger team so we have to teach a lot more. But as you can see, we're so advanced when it comes to Basketball I.Q. in addition to the new guys, Shelden (Williams) knows all the plays. It just makes it more easy.

"When they came over to our second the second (scrimmage), it wasn't even a lot of plays being called, it was even a lot of plays being called, there were just sets and reacting and responding to everybody. It was probably some of the most simple basketball I've played in a while."

How did you make it through?

Garnett: "Better than I expected. I anticipated being a lot more sore than what I was going to be. I have my days and then sitting and talking to other guys, they were just as sore as I was so I kind of felt at home. I didn't want to overreact to anything and to be honest with everybody here I'm not even thinking about the injury when I'm playing. I do all my stuff I'm supposed to do. I don't play around with my workouts, even when I am in my room I do my calisthenics and I am getting my proper treatments. And you see this kinesio tape on me but it's all prevention and all to better.

The things I couldn't do four, five days ago, I can do today, When were in a drill and we were doing some lob stuff, some five-on-five stuff and some of the moves and cuts with the ball and me stepping back and pushing off, I couldn't four to five, seven days ago and every day I'm getting stronger and every day I'm getting better, just trying to climb on top of the ladder."

The pain you experienced wasn't in the knee?

"I don't have any knee problems. I don't have any knee problems. I'm not trying to get in depth with my injury and all that but the things are bothering me are secondary and not even primary. So I'm excited about that because it's nothing be strengthening the knee and playing again. You gotta remember, I have been out since what, March? I haven't done anything since then. I have just been rehabbing, strengthing. Nothing simulates basketball play. The pounding, the churning, the reactions, the stuff you have to react to in games you can't get that in trying to that with the rehab and the trainers and all that other stuff.

"I feel really good, I wouldn't (BS) you guys if I was hurting I would tell you. I'm pretty straight up with everything that's going on with me. I feel good. I'm excited about how we are and I'm just trying to get my part together to make sure I'm ready for when we need to be like we need to be."

How many more barriers will you have to go through?

I don't have a crystal ball. If I did, I would sit here and do it in front of you. For the most part, I am just going to continue to do the things I've been doing to get me up to this point. Hopefully it takes me to the top, to where I felt like today in the scrimmage. I was getting up and down, sprinting, sprinting, sprinting and I can tell you, to be honest four or five days ago I couldn't do that. There would be times where I would have to pace. Instead of going to the boards I would get back. Today was all out, just going and going."

(Trainer) Eddie (Lacerte) told me "that's the best you looked the whole camp." So just movement wise, I've been exploding off of it. So I just have to continue to improve."

How did it feel to make that wrap around pass to Rondo during the scrimmage?

"I'm a little injured or coming off injury, I'm not dead. I'm not brain dead. I can still make plays. I can still play defense and still know how to play. So I'm still me now, you know what I mean? I ain't in my grave yet dog. They ain't shot Old Yeller yet dog. They ain't took him in the back yet. I can still make a couple of plays here and there. I know you haven't seen me in a while but I ain't go that much dust on me."

UrAphag
10-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah and bears don't shit in the woods.

BlackBellamy
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
"Knee problems? What knee problems? Nobody said nothing about knee problems. I mean there was that one time that I had a charlie horse and went down to both knees and barked, but that has nothin' to do with my knee pr...oh I mean, no knee problems. I don't even have knees. Hey! Look over there!" (hobbles away).

duncan228
10-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Video of Garnett from Friday.

KG isn't exactly fluid out there yet

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/1298759

timvp
10-04-2009, 03:52 PM
KG is almost as annoying in print as he is in real life.

DPG21920
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
KG looked terrible in that video. He does not appear to be healthy.

iggypop123
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
he must be learning well from pierce on faking it

Summers
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
KG looked terrible in that video. He does not appear to be healthy.

I agree. Maybe he's just feeling tentative on the post-op knee? I'd like to have some sympathy for him, but it's KG and he's earned so little.

RedsLakers24
10-04-2009, 04:46 PM
neither does Oden or Bynum

Muser
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Didn't he have surgery to re-attatch Muscle to Bone? If so he will never be the same.

Kobe™
10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
he must be learning well from pierce on faking it

I sure hope so, want Boston 100% healthy this year.

mystargtr34
10-05-2009, 02:53 AM
KG is almost as annoying in print as he is in real life.

:lol couldnt have put it any better.

bostonguy
10-05-2009, 02:55 AM
:depressed:depressed Sounds like that knee is going to be troubling KG. Oh well. I wasn't too optimistic about this season anyways. Sheed to the rescue. :drunk:drunk:drunk

Findog
10-05-2009, 07:16 AM
He looks very tentative and gimpy in that video.

mogrovejo
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Chill out, haters. He looked just fine in the Real Training Camp stream thing. No limping at all and he was moving okay. That video was after a 3 hours practice and he was having problems in his shins.

Muser
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
If that's him looking fine then Boston don't have a chance.

CubanMustGo
10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Garnett doesn't have knee problems like the Cowboys don't have QB problems.

mogrovejo
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
If that's him looking fine then Boston don't have a chance.

That video was from a week ago. In the real training camp thing he was moving fine, no limping whatsoever.

redzero
10-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Intensity: 0
Knee: 1

lefty
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
KG spent the 08-09 season screaming at small PG's

Of course, in order do do that, he had to crouch.

No wonder his knee hurts

duncan228
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
That video was from a week ago.

I thought the video is from October 2. Is that wrong?

TheMACHINE
10-05-2009, 04:08 PM
KG spent the 08-09 season screaming at small PG's

Of course, in order do do that, he had to crouch.

No wonder his knee hurts

he must have injured it when he went doggy on bayless.

_YysS4vCKis

mogrovejo
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I thought the video is from October 2. Is that wrong?

Yes, it's wrong. It's from a CSN broadcast on 29th September. It was uploaded in October 2nd, hence the confusion. In the practice streamed by that NBA Real Training Camp thingie on Saturday he was moving all right. He's been practising 5on5 and going through everything, that obviously wouldn't be the case if that was his current condition.

duncan228
10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, it's wrong. It's from a CSN broadcast on 29th September. It was uploaded in October 2nd, hence the confusion. In the practice streamed by that NBA Real Training Camp thingie on Saturday he was moving all right. He's been practising 5on5 and going through everything, that obviously wouldn't be the case if that was his current condition.

Thanks for clearing it up.