PDA

View Full Version : Phillips / Garrett Have to GO

dougp
10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Period. Romo's arm might have been off, but these two fuckers can't read a team worth shit. Who the fuck throws to Champ Bailey 16 times in a game?

slick'81
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
personally wade should of been gone after last years debacle

ShoogarBear
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I heart Wade.

Spurs rock
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Romo MUST go.

symple19
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I hope they both stay so I can continue to laugh at that miserable team.

They are the Notre Dame of the NFL

ATRAIN
10-04-2009, 06:44 PM

This

dougp
10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
This

Hey ATRAIN, go jerk off the Texans fans who think winning against the Raiders is awesome.

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey ATRAIN, go jerk off the Texans fans who think winning against the Raiders is awesome.

Better than losing to the Broncos.

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Now let me guess, everybody is now going to talk about how the Broncos are "for real" and how great they are. They must be because they beat the Cowboys.

dougp
10-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Better than losing to the Broncos.

Broncos are 4-0 and 8-8 last season. Should I bring up the Raiders record? Cause that means nothing, right?

Bronco's aren't the best team in the league, but they're much better than the Raiders.

bostonguy
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
This was a fuck up on Jerry Jones part. He pissed this year away by keeping both of these guys. Hire a temporary coach if you have to. Wade SUCKS! This team keeps making the same mistakes they have made over the years. They are undisciplined and it is showing more now than ever.

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
:lmao:lmao

cherylsteele
10-04-2009, 08:43 PM
personally wade should of been gone after last years debacle
Personally, Wade never should have been hired in the first place.

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Personally, Wade never should have been hired in the first place.

I wish I wasn't so lazy, I would go back and find all the posts where I tried to tell all Cowboys fans about this.

cherylsteele
10-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I wish I wasn't so lazy, I would go back and find all the posts where I tried to tell all Cowboys fans about this.
I never posted that here but I did discuss this with co-worker's, S.O.', famly friends, etc.

As you llok at his career coaching numbers, He has had only 1 great regular saeson record before coaching the Cowboys 1999 Buffalo 11-5 and lost in the first road then as well.

He is an average coach at best.

Nathan Explosion
10-04-2009, 11:36 PM
The play calling is terrible and they coaching decision were indecisive. Not to mention the Cowboys offensive line sucked balls today.

Anthony Spencer was having a terrible game so they decide to play him more instead of trying Victor Butler who was the hero of the last game. Especially with the altitude, bringing in fresh guys just might help the defense stay fresh, especially considering the defense play their asses off trying to keep the Boys in the game.

mardigan
10-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Now let me guess, everybody is now going to talk about how the Broncos are "for real" and how great they are. They must be because they beat the Cowboys.

Fuck no, their offense is terrible and a good qb with a good offensive coordinator would have destroyed this team. It just happens that the Broncos didn't face either of those.

Evil Angel
10-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Agree that this coaching staff must go. Mistake from day one as pointed out. Money given to Romo means stuck with him, but I think most blame should rest on Garret for the play calling.
Nothing will be done until year is over, IMO.
Too bad Cowher won't come, need that type of coach. Don't think the offensive minded coaches being talked about will completely heal the problems.

BacktoBasics
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
They made a mistake by not pursuing another wide receiver in the off season.

Horrible offense play calling and I'm just sick and tired of looking at the faces Phillips puts on. If I see that confused look one more time I'm going reach through the fucking TV and fire him myself.

ATRAIN
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM

:lmao hey I thought I was making the Cowboys relevant :lmao

ATRAIN
10-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Its funny how Doug is crying when all I said was "this" :lmao

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I've never seen 2 coaches have so much impact on a team in a negative way.

The D has actually played well the last 2 games for the most part(still have deficiencies), but just got tired at the end of the game. But this D, when facing a good, and competent QB on a good team will always get pushed around when playing Wade's type of D.(see Eli back in game 2).

I have no clue what Garrett thinks. He just always sends the WRs out on deep routs to find a big play first, then if nothing is there, find something underneath. No timing rounts, no short or intermediate routs other than the stupid fucking WR and TE screens that he's called about 10 times this season and have failed to work. No creativitiy whatsoever. Like Ray Lewis said last year, this offense is easy read.

I mean these two guys are as good as gone.

Dr. Gonzo
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Do you really think Jerry Jones is going to get rid of a coach that allows him so much input into personnel decisions and pretty much does whatever he wants? Seriously, how many other owners have the play calling sheets with them in the owners box?

Also, Garrett is his golden boy. I think he has a huge boner for him and if Wade is gone I think Garrett is going to be given a chance to be the HC. I think JJ wants an offensive that primarily goes down field and scores a lot of points and Garrett's "offense" tries to do just that. I have a feeling Wade will be either gone or demoted to D coordinator and Garrett will be HC.

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Do you really think Jerry Jones is going to get rid of a coach that allows him so much input into personnel decisions and pretty much does whatever he wants? Seriously, how many other owners have the play calling sheets with them in the owners box?

Also, Garrett is his golden boy. I think he has a huge boner for him and if Wade is gone I think Garrett is going to be given a chance to be the HC. I think JJ wants an offensive that primarily goes down field and scores a lot of points and Garrett's "offense" tries to do just that. I have a feeling Wade will be either gone or demoted to D coordinator and Garrett will be HC.

Cool, you know Jerry Jones. Thanks for the intel guy.

circ
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
and who exactly is going to replace them?

Dr. Gonzo
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Cool, you know Jerry Jones. Thanks for the intel guy.

I know what I have seen and what I have heard. That is my opinion based on his previous actions.

rjv
10-05-2009, 09:40 AM

only instead of jesus on their side, they play for the devil.

TFloss32
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM

This is the best comparison that I've heard when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. They continue to amaze week by week with their laughable and undisciplined performances.

Jerry Jones is the real joke of this organization. This Cowboys team (although talented and deep) is a reflection of his inability to make efficient personnel decisions combined with his extreme focus on getting "Jerry World" off the ground for the past (however many) years. I don't care how awesome a stadium is, but when that gets more compliments than the actual team...something is wrong.

Wade Phillips was brought in because he's a teddy bear and "yes" man. I'm still disappointed that Mike Singletary wasn't given a closer look at the time because what he's done in San Francisco speaks for itself. He would have intimidated the pants off of Jerry so it's pretty clear why he wasn't hired. I fully expect Phillips to be on the outs by season's end. Jason Garrett might lose his job by default if the new coach brings an OC along with him (he won't be promoted if this team goes .500 or doesn't make the playoffs).

Tony Uh-Oh will be the Cowboys' quarterback at least until his contract his up (there's too much money invested there). I still think he has some productive seasons ahead of him if he can get some solid coaching. But then again...it cracks me up when people say, "geez, give Tony some time before you criticize. He's still a young QB." Not really...he's going to be 30 at the start of the 2010 season. Can you really teach an old dog new tricks? I still say he's not the QB of the future.

rjv
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
at this point romo can not even hold danny white's jock.

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
My favorite Garrett coaching blunder yesterday was taking his most productive offenisve player yesterday(M. Barber), and sitting him pretty much the whole second half. The camera would pan to Barber occasionally on the sideline, helmet on and the "put me in coach" hungry look.

Stupid fucking Garrett.

rjv
10-05-2009, 11:19 AM
My favorite Garrett coaching blunder yesterday was taking his most productive offenisve player yesterday(M. Barber), and sitting him pretty much the whole second half. The camera would pan to Barber occasionally on the sideline, helmet on and the "put me in coach" hungry look.

Stupid fucking Garrett.

was barber hurt? he looked a bit gimpy from what i saw.

and how many balls went witten's way ? or bennet's ?

looked like all the plays were set up for the flankers.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
was barber hurt? he looked a bit gimpy from what i saw.

and how many balls went witten's way ? or bennet's ?

looked like all the plays were set up for the flankers.

Game on the line, on the goal line, Row Williams is hurt so you can't call the fade pass, right? Well how about putting Martellus in the game and telling him to go get it.

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Barber was not hurt. Watchin this guy play over the years, you know he wanted to be in there banging heads.

At the end of the game, you call a slant pass for Hurd, being coverd by Champ??? Are you serious. You leave Witten, your most reliable pass catcher on the line to block. In that situation you call slant patten for someone with a big body who can use their body to shield themselves from a defender.

rjv
10-05-2009, 11:29 AM
so much for the jason garrett hype as head coach material.. sean payton he is not.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Barber was not hurt. Watchin this guy play over the years, you know he wanted to be in there banging heads.

At the end of the game, you call a slant pass for Hurd, being coverd by Champ??? Are you serious. You leave Witten, your most reliable pass catcher on the line to block. In that situation you call slant patten for someone with a big body who can use their body to shield themselves from a defender.

I don't like keeping Witten in to block by the O-Line was getting destroyed all game, so that's probably the thinking behind that.

But what happened to spreading out Bennett wide and creating the mismatch. We heard about that all training camp and nothing.

beefanus
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
and who exactly is going to replace them?
Any one would be better... but the only way they will be great and be a real SB contender is if they get Bill Cower, then u better fucking watch out!
I think he is gonna come back this year, but i doubt he will go to the cowboys cause of Jerry Jones.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Any one would be better... but the only way they will be great and be a real SB contender is if they get Bill Cower, then u better fucking watch out!
I think he is gonna come back this year, but i doubt he will go to the cowboys cause of Jerry Jones.

I miss Parcells. He may not be the coach he once was, but the guy can spot talent. Romo probably would be a better player knowing Parcells was watching over him. It's all about discipline with this team. That and play calling. Blame the players if you want, but when the game plan is flawed the players can't play to their ability.

As bad as Romo was, he had them there in the end and the play calling was atrocious. And don't even get me started on the end of the first half.

rr2418
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
at this point romo can not even hold danny white's jock.

That's an insult to Danny White, to even mention Romo's name in the same sentence with DW's.

kamikazi_player
10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
lol @ texan fans getting an orgasm since they beat the raiders. Gonna lose the next 5 games coming up. Here's to 2-7:toast

rr2418
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
It's funny, my friends and I were saying before the game that if Orton remembers he is "just Kyle Orton" , he'll end up messing up. Well, if Romo would've played like Orton, the Cowboys would've won!

MajorMike
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I love the thread. Do a search for 'garrett' over the past two years and you will find all sorts of flowery threads where people say he is so good he will be the next head coach here or there or wherever. When I laughed at his coaching abilities I was chided by the masses.

Bite me.

smahmood26
10-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Tom Landry is not walking through that door!!!! It won't matter who they have at head coach as long as Al Davis Jr is running the team and Tony Romo is QB they will not win anything significant. Even the Big Tuna couldn't win a freaking playoff game.

beefanus
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I love the thread. Do a search for 'garrett' over the past two years and you will find all sorts of flowery threads where people say he is so good he will be the next head coach here or there or wherever. When I laughed at his coaching abilities I was chided by the masses.

Bite me.
u dont get it do u? thats always gonna happen, thats what cowboy fan do! when everything is great every one on their team is THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!! but when things start off not so good, romo has to GO! they have the worst coaching staff ever! even last year blaming TO for romos picks!

come on ok so the play calling was not the best and i do think they need a new head coach, but i dont think wade is worthless he is a good coach and on the right team could do something maybe but he isnt the right coach for the cowboys teams needs now.

and i hate that u guys are always hating on romo i think he is a good QB and he is ur franchise qb he isnt going any where so get used to him. yea he has a couple bad habits but all he needs is a coach to put a little fire in him, to really motivate him and give him that real desire to win and he will be a very very good qb

kamikazi_player
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
lol @ you idiots,we're 2-2, its only been 4 games into the season and you guys are going gaga for them. i love the hated, but you guys gotta get a new hobby :lol

mexicanjunior
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Tank 2009 should be the Cowboys mantra. Fire Wade after the KC game (win or lose) and let Garrett run the ship as the interim. Bench Romo, Felix and Ware with phantom injuries and regroup next season with a top 10 pick and a new coaching staff. This is the only way this team will get significantly better.

MajorMike
10-05-2009, 05:01 PM
lol @ you idiots,we're 2-2, its only been 4 games into the season and you guys are going gaga for them. i love the hated, but you guys gotta get a new hobby :lol

Well, you know you have to win now; Romo can't fart above a wisper after turkey day.

Obstructed_View
10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Barber was not hurt.

He was favoring that leg on his first long run. Glad it didn't let go on him, but he was definitely galloping a bit.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM

I started a thread basically saying the same thing. I mentioned Pats fans because they were ready to jump ship after the loss to the Jets. Now the Pats are 3-1.

I said the same thing to Steelers fans after they were ready to jump ship. Now they won a game and are 2-2 and loving it while Cowboys fans hate being 2-2.

but when things start off not so good, romo has to GO! they have the worst coaching staff ever!

Are we talking bandwagon Cowboys fans or bandwagon Spurs fans? These days you never can tell.