PDA

View Full Version : Broncos for Real?

PGDynasty24
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
The offense maybe shaky even though that Dallas defense is pretty good. But this defense is for real. Creating havoc and allowing 2 touchdowns through 4 games,I was wrong about them. PS- Why the hell does Romo keep throwing at Champ Bailey who is probably a Top 3 corner of all time and the best corner of this decade.

Amarelooms
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
The offense maybe shaky even though that Dallas defense is pretty good. But this defense is for real. Creating havoc and allowing 2 touchdowns through 4 games,I was wrong about them. PS- Why the hell does Romo keep throwing at Champ Bailey who is probably a Top 3 corner of all time and the best corner of this decade.

Saints would score 28+ on them...Dallas..ie Romo played like crap :elephant

LakerHater
10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Um, NO!

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
They have to beat a good team before they can prove they are for real.

Sigz
10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
They have to beat a good team before they can prove they are for real.

Shut the fuck up, I'm so tired of hearing this fucking pathetic line.

Denver has so many haters and its kind of funny. This isn't college football where teams get to pick and choose who they play as well as when and where. So you can't criticize a team for who they have beaten. The last time I checked 4-0 is undefeated and only a handful of teams have that many wins. No one complains the Giants have not beaten a quality team, so what a win against the top team is the as a win against a bottom team. They all count the same. I am not saying Denver is as good as the more elite teams, but they so far have proven they are a lot better than expected.

bostonguy
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
So far they are. They deserve props. Patriots have their work cut out for them when they visit there this Sunday.

slick'81
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
there defense sure is i guess the jury is still out on kyle orton

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
It seems like they start off well every year, but this is the first year they've done it with defense and are more balanced. Also with Orton, we all forget how well he played last year before getting injured. He's really not that much of a downgrade for them when you account for leadership, decision making, and the fact he's not a self-centered double chin retard.

benefactor
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
No....Dallas just sucks.

jack sommerset
10-04-2009, 07:58 PM
No....Dallas just sucks.

:toast

Dr Cox
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
the D is for real...and will keep proveing it....

o is shaky

but if the strech in the schedule if they can come with a winning record they are for sure for real

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 08:03 PM
The more I thought about it, the more I realize that who the fuck knew what kind of defense they had prior to the season? They brought in 7 new starters and started running a totally different scheme with a new coordinator. No reason they shouldn't be for real on defense because this is a whole new team.

Also..................LOL Cowboys!!!!

symple19
10-04-2009, 08:28 PM
The Broncos defensive coordinator is Mike Nolan, who was a complete failure as the Niners head coach. Before that he ran the Ravens D. That is the reason for the Bronco Defense turning it around. Thank goodness he failed here so SF could promote Singletary to head
coach. I'm sure Denver is glad too.

Denver does deserve props for starting 4-0, and the Chargers are not showing they can win that division. Right now, I'd have to say the Broncs are the fave to win the west.

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
The Broncos defensive coordinator is Mike Nolan, who was a complete failure as the Niners head coach. Before that he ran the Ravens D. That is the reason for the Bronco Defense turning it around. Thank goodness he failed here so SF could promote Singletary to head
coach. I'm sure Denver is glad too.

Denver does deserve props for starting 4-0, and the Chargers are not showing they can win that division. Right now, I'd have to say the Broncs are the fave to win the west.

Dawkins is a big part too. Dude is nails and he's always directing traffic pre-snap.

monosylab1k
10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Buffalo started 4-0 last year but eventually were exposed as a suckass team. The same will happen to Denver. They're a below average team with a terrible coach.

The one positive is Kyle Orton, who despite the bad rap and lack of discernible talent, has always been a winner when given the opportunity to start.

I fully expect the CHEATriots (:lmao) to win by 2 TD's or better next week.

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Buffalo started 4-0 last year but eventually were exposed as a suckass team. The same will happen to Denver. They're a below average team with a terrible coach.

The one positive is Kyle Orton, who despite the bad rap and lack of discernible talent, has always been a winner when given the opportunity to start.

Yeah, but they beat the Cowboys. They could lose the next 12 games and I'll always have that to bring up to all the bandwagon douche bag fans that root for the gayest team in the NFL.

monosylab1k
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, but they beat the Cowboys. They could lose the next 12 games and I'll always have that to bring up to all the bandwagon douche bag fans that root for the gayest team in the NFL.

:lol

symple19
10-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Dawkins is a big part too. Dude is nails and he's always directing traffic pre-snap.

Very true, Dawkins is one of those intangible guys that any successful team must have. It's like having a rabid pit-bull on your D

symple19
10-04-2009, 08:52 PM

I disagree because of the shitty division they're in. They can win the west.

Yes, the Pats will beat them. Agree on that point

cherylsteele
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM

I am a cowboy fan too, but the truth is the this Cowboys' team is not going anywhere IMHO.

The coach is just not able to discpline players after mental mistakes are made. This will prevent the team from inproving during the year.
Too many mental mistakes, offsides, illegal procedure, delay of game, etc.
The "D" is too pourous to be effective enough to win games.

They will finish 7-9 or 8-8.

samikeyp
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey...4-0 in the NFL is still 4-0. As a Cowboys fan, I would gladly trade records.

mexicanjunior
10-04-2009, 09:20 PM
No...they beat a shitty Dallas team that will go 5-11 this year. Nothing to write home about...

bostonguy
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
No...they beat a shitty Dallas team that will go 5-11 this year. Nothing to write home about...

Then that means the New York Giants aren't for real either. I mean they barley beat the cowboys, and the other teams they beat suck even more ass.

bostonguy
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM

I hope you are right Mono. Brady may be in for a long afternoon.

mexicanjunior
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Then that means the New York Giants aren't for real either. I mean they barley beat the cowboys, and the other teams they beat suck even more ass.

The Cowboys team that kept the Giants game close had a healthy Felix Jones and some hope for a successful season left in their psyches. The team the Broncos beat today had no Jones and a QB that has lost all confidence in his ability to throw. The Broncos did everything they could to give this game away with stupid penalties and the Cowboys still could not capitalize and win the game. The Cowboys season was over 2 weeks ago, just going through the motions now.

johnsmith
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
The Cowboys team that kept the Giants game close had a healthy Felix Jones and some hope for a successful season left in their psyches. The team the Broncos beat today had no Jones and a QB that has lost all confidence in his ability to throw. The Broncos did everything they could to give this game away with stupid penalties and the Cowboys still could not capitalize and win the game. The Cowboys season was over 2 weeks ago, just going through the motions now.

LOL Raiders fan.

ducks
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
denver vs chargers will be fun

Shank
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Mono's on a crusade.

Slinkyman
10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
How many teams does Denver have to beat to be considered good? People can talk crap about how Dallas sucks but they had a top 5 offense and before this week, after playing what some experts would call "good" defenses (NYG, Carolina) and they had best running attack in football gaining nearly 200 yards a game. Against Denver they got 74 on 25 carries, i don't think felix jones would have been much of a factor either. Dallas got shut down by the best D in the NFL, plain and simple. I think had Denver not been so bad on D last year people wouldn't be so sceptical of them this year. Dallas fans shouldn't be so hard on their team, at the end of the year when the Broncos are a 12 win team cowboy fans will realize they lost to a really good team on the road. No shame in that.

ducks
10-04-2009, 10:52 PM
denver is good
if chargers play the 4 like the did against steelers
chargers will win though

ducks
10-04-2009, 10:53 PM
no one believed denver d is that good yet
the d on dallas was good in second half
but romo was also missing on his throws
but you still have to credit the denver d

Shank
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM
The Chargers run D was getting gashed all night, though.

Slinkyman
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM
And the steelers D is weak right now without Troy, and they still shut SD out in the 1st. Broncos need to settle that 52 point butt kicking we got last year. No doubt that'll be a good game.

ducks
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
The Chargers run D was getting gashed all night, though.

yeah their front line is second string
first string is hurt on both sides of the ball

I take rivers arm over denver quarterback
I am not convinced denver's d is all that yet

should be a great game
they should be healthy for denver so should be a great game
kind of a must win for chargers

ducks
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
And the steelers D is weak right now without Troy, and they still shut SD out in the 1st. Broncos need to settle that 52 point butt kicking we got last year. No doubt that'll be a good game.

chargers suck in the first
20 straight games without a td in the first quarter

mytespurs
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Broncos are playing well to my surprise. I'll give them props for that however I think it's too soon to know how good they really are. They have a tough strech coming up.....beat both Pats & chargers or beat at least one of them and just maybe I'll give the broncos major props.

Dr Cox
10-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Broncos are playing well to my surprise. I'll give them props for that however I think it's too soon to know how good they really are. They have a tough strech coming up.....beat both Pats & chargers or beat at least one of them and just maybe I'll give the broncos major props.

+1

huge bronco fan, i just am admitting they are wayy better than last year already on D, if they can keep it up i could see a great year from them, i see the patriots giving them trouble, giants and steelers, but i think they can hang with anyone

should be a fun year to watch

Shank
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I take rivers arm over denver quarterback
I am not convinced denver's d is all that yet

And I'd take Cutler's arm over River's. We all saw how that worked out. I'd prefer smart, effective QB play over a big arm.

ATRAIN
10-05-2009, 11:10 AM
How many teams does Denver have to beat to be considered good? People can talk crap about how Dallas sucks but they had a top 5 offense and before this week, after playing what some experts would call "good" defenses (NYG, Carolina) and they had best running attack in football gaining nearly 200 yards a game. Against Denver they got 74 on 25 carries, i don't think felix jones would have been much of a factor either. Dallas got shut down by the best D in the NFL, plain and simple. I think had Denver not been so bad on D last year people wouldn't be so sceptical of them this year. Dallas fans shouldn't be so hard on their team, at the end of the year when the Broncos are a 12 win team cowboy fans will realize they lost to a really good team on the road. No shame in that.

Carolina and Tampa Bay both suck, top 5 offense my ass

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Beat NE next week, and then they are a good team.

Beating Dallas on your home turf in nothing to get too excited about.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Carolina doesn't have a good D. They've given up over 150 yards rushing in each of their first three games.

Denver with 12 Ws? Good luck with that as their schedule gets insanely more difficult from here on out.

Shank
10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Carolina doesn't have a good D. They've given up over 150 yards rushing in each of their first three games.

Denver with 12 Ws? Good luck with that as their schedule gets insanely more difficult from here on out.

They have KC 2x, Oak again, Washington and 2 against SD. The way they're playing right now, they should be favored to at least split with San Diego. That's 5 more wins with the possibility of stealing a couple more. If things hold up and they improve progressively as the season goes along, they could sniff 10 wins.

LnGrrrR
10-05-2009, 11:42 AM
So far they are. They deserve props. Patriots have their work cut out for them when they visit there this Sunday.

Let's not even mention our historical trouble against Denver...

mexicanjunior
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
i don't think felix jones would have been much of a factor either.

Really? A guy that averages 10 yards a carry wouldn't have been much of a factor? That is hard to fathom...

Shank
10-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Really? A guy that averages 10 yards a carry wouldn't have been much of a factor? That is hard to fathom...

Not with Garrett's playcalling as of late.

mexicanjunior
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Not with Garrett's playcalling as of late.

True...Garrett has been terrible but I think Jones could have made a significant difference in turning some of those 10 yard gains to 30 and 40 yarders. His speed was sorely lacking yesterday...