PDA

View Full Version : Is It Too Much To Ask For.....?

G-Nob
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Could they have tried to get the basketball closer to the basket instead of Tony taking a horrible shot from 20 feet??? Is it just me or does anyone else think Tony has a choke factor? He disappears! He has a great game against GS, then non-existant against Port! I don't want this kid taking a shot when the game is on the line in the playoffs. They should of driven to the hole or anything else besides that. Not to mention when when Okur tapped in the rebound AGAIN, tony and bruce are sitting there watching it happen again. Common sense would tell you "watch out for Okur".

IceColdBrewski
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Could they have tried to get the basketball closer to the basket instead of Tony taking a horrible shot from 20 feet??? Is it just me or does anyone else think Tony has a choke factor? He disappears! He has a great game against GS, then non-existant against Port! I don't want this kid taking a shot when the game is on the line in the playoffs. They should of driven to the hole or anything else besides that. Not to mention when when Okur tapped in the rebound AGAIN, tony and bruce are sitting there watching it happen again. Common sense would tell you "watch out for Okur".

No. It's not just you. The Tony choke factor is alive and well.

Jdspur20
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
have you ever heard of fatigue???

boutons
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
The whole team is inconsistent, but Tony is one of the worst. Tonight his stats looked OK, but he lost the game at FT line and by not driving in crunch time, and he had his bemused/bored look on his face. He really should never take up poker.

timvp
04-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah because Manu hit a clutch shot to send it into overtime.

IceColdBrewski
04-13-2005, 10:50 PM

Not when I was 22 years old.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2005, 10:51 PM
So you were a better athlete than Tony at 22?

:lmao

G-Nob
04-13-2005, 10:52 PM

Just validates my point. If you're too tired, let someone else take the shot.

pigknuckles
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Give TP a break, he's played his ass off last few games. This is 3rd back to back game.

IceColdBrewski
04-13-2005, 10:54 PM

Damn straight. Manu was hitting his shots late in the game. Why not give the rock to him?

duncan2k5
04-13-2005, 10:54 PM
he should never shoot a jumpshot late in games..or ever for that matter. his game is around the basket. dont get lazy tony. take it to the hole...thats what you do with Eva, why not do it in the game?

timvp
04-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Damn straight. Manu was hitting his shots late in the game. Why not give the rock to him?

:wtf X 10000000000000000

Didn't you just see Manu miss the last shot of the game? Or did you run to the computer after Parker missed a J?

pigknuckles
04-13-2005, 10:56 PM
The team came out flat(tired) and the quick whistles didn't do much for any rhythm. Utah wanted it more and had the energy.

IceColdBrewski
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Didn't you just see Manu miss the last shot of the game? Or did you run to the computer after Parker missed a J?

I hear ya but Parker obviously wasn't feeling it tonight. Manu looked a helluva lot better (late in the game) than that last shot indicated.

dn0
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
he pretty much scored on every play before the last shot.

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 10:59 PM

Manu had 21 pts on 7 shots

Parker had 17 pts on 18 shots

Who do you want to shoot game winner???????

Comon, Manu missing the shot at the buzzer when he had 1 sec to shoot is not the same as TP dribbling the ball for 9 secs and shooting a la Francis.

G-Nob
Coaching 101. With the game on the line, high percentage shots. No excuses.

CosmicCowboy
This thread is comic relief at it's finest after a tough loss...

MaNuMaNiAc
Who the fuck cares who missed what!!!! the TEAM lost!!!! LETS NOT START THE MANU VS TONY SHIT AGAIN!!! Seriously TimVP, don't tell you're going to start arguing this shit?? Have some sense man, Parker played a good game today, whoever says otherwise doesn't know shit.

TheWriter
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Tony missed two shots down the stretch in a meaningless game against the Jazz.

Get over it. Whipe the blood from your mangina and sack up.

timvp
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I hear ya but Parker obviously wasn't feeling it tonight. Manu had looked a helluva lot better (late in the game) than that last shot indicated.

Yeah, so? Manu missed. He got the last shot. WTF are you complaining about?

Damn, Parker gets blamed for taking shots, not taking shots and even if someone else misses shots, it's Parker's fault.

:huh

timvp
04-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Who the fuck cares who missed what!!!! the TEAM lost!!!! LETS NOT START THE MANU VS TONY SHIT AGAIN!!! Seriously TimVP, don't tell you're going to start arguing this shit?? Have some sense man, Parker played a good game today, whoever says otherwise doesn't know shit.

I'm just trying to figure out how Parker choked in this game when he didn't even take the last shot.

Calm down.

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 11:02 PM
when you are 7-18, you are not the hot hand.

TP should have dribble penetrated and dished out to a better shooter tonight.

Poor play selection.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Manu had 21 pts on 7 shots

Parker had 17 pts on 18 shots

Who do you want to shoot game winner???????

Jim covered it. Look, our team will be better off if they all know who the man is for a last second situation. Manu should have been the initiator for the offense on every possession inside of two minutes, and should be for any close game in the future.

But Pop's also blown games in the past by going to Tim when he's 6-21 or shit like that, so expecting him to realize Manu's efficiency at the offensive end on nights like tonight is a lost cause.

Aggie Hoopsfan
The only excuse I see the Tony apologists coming up with is that he was tired. If he was that tired, it just makes his decision on our second to last possession look even worse, because he should have deferred to someone else having a better game.

TDMVPDPOY
tony doesnt have a consistant jumpshot, i rather see him take it to the lane or give it to sumone for the shot

T Park
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
and if he makes the shot, pop and tony are lauded for being persistent and coming through stepping up blah blah blah.

Loosing a meaningless game in april.

How harrrrible.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I say we should trade Tim Duncan while we still have a chance.

He obviously screwed up the team chemistry.

pigknuckles
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I think he was tired against Golden state but still managed to hit game winning shot.
All this while manu's ass was resting on the bench....wtf.

smeagol
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how Parker choked in this game when he didn't even take the last shot.

Calm down.
Choking is not only missing the last shot. Parker missed four FT in the 4th Q, Manu made all his. It's undeniable that Manu missed the last shot with 2.4 secs to go. But, as Jim said, TP's dribbling on the shot before that one, and shooting from almost the three point line was not the best decision.

Lets just say that it was unfortunate that both Manu and TP missed those two shots at the end.

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I say we should trade Tim Duncan while we still have a chance.

He obviously screwed up the team chemistry.

I would agree, but we are past the trade deadline and are stuck with the malcontent.

smeagol
04-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I think he was tired against Golden state but still managed to hit game winning shot.
All this while manu's ass was resting on the bench....wtf.
Idiot.

Still trying to make this a Tony vs Manu.

They are both Spurs.

STFU and go to sleep.

IceColdBrewski
04-13-2005, 11:09 PM

Calm down.

Um...I am calm. And you obviously are blind to the big picture in this game when it comes to Parker.

Take off the blinders.

Jdspur20
04-13-2005, 11:09 PM

you are a freaking moron, have you not watched the spurs' last 4 games???

TheWriter
04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Um...I am calm. And you obviously are blind to the big picture in this game when it comes to Parker.

Take off the blinders.

Explain the Warriors game. Where he murdered Davis.

Why weren't you here to say something.

You're a jackass.

End o' subject.

Jimcs50
*dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble shoot miss*

What is that???

That is Parker doing a Steve Francis impersonation from the 26 sec mark to the 15 sec mark of the 4th Q.

:)

Jdspur20

i was really refering to the whole team, there's really no excuses for loosing this game but, if you consider the last 4 games you have to give them some slack.

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 11:14 PM
i was really refering to the whole team, there's really no excuses for loosing this game but, if you consider the last 4 games you have to give them some slack.

Yes, thankyou

The Spurs have just finished playing 6 games (2 in Double OT)in the last 8 days in 5 different cities.

They have been shorthanded, and they have still fought hard in every game but Dallas....yes cut them some slack.

pigknuckles
04-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Idiot.

Still trying to make this a Tony vs Manu.

They are both Spurs.

STFU and go to sleep.

Hey moron, if you don't have any common sense to see both sides..get your arse to bed...arsehole.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-13-2005, 11:16 PM

You are right the team lost,but people in here after every lost like to start topics what player lost the game.its called the blamed game when we win it's great we lose lets blamed parker,manu,bowen,berry,duncan,rasho,beno,pop,even malik rose when he was here malik took alot of heat in this forum after every lost when he played bad trade the s.o.b.than they trade malik and its the worst team the spurs could have done.
SPURS WILL WIN THE TITLE :drunk

MaNuMaNiAc
04-13-2005, 11:17 PM
You Guys Are The Sadest Bunch Of Malcontents I Have Ever Seen!!! So Parker Didn't Penetrate, So He Didn't Make The Shot, So Manu Didn't Make His Shot, who The Fuck Are You People To Judge!!! Tp Works His Ass Off The Last Few Games To Keep This Team Afloat And All You Can Focus In Is "he Should've Gone To The Paint"?? Give The Guy A Fucking Break!! And Those Of You Who Insist On Making Every Fucking Post A Tp Vs Manu Idiotic Statement I Suggest You Get A Life. If You Hate Manu Thats Fine, If You Hate Tony That Fine, But Know This Hating If Fucking Pointless 'cause 99 Percent Of The Time Those You Hate Either Don't Know, Or They Just Don't Fucking Care!!

P.S. Thats all supposed to be in capital letters:makemyday

smeagol
04-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey moron, if you don't have any common sense to see both sides..get your arse to bed...arsehole.
Eh . . .?

What two sides? There are no two sides. Its two players playing for the same team.

Its you who has to go to bed, Manu hater.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Yes, thankyou

The Spurs have just finished playing 6 games (2 in Double OT)in the last 8 days in 5 different cities.

They have been shorthanded, and they have still fought hard in every game but Dallas....yes cut them some slack.

thanks Jim...but I still hate dentists...:lol

Rick Von Braun
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
It is ok for Tony to take the shot... I have no problems with that. He should have penetrated and taken it to the hole though. If his penetration path was blocked, kick it out to an outside shooter or take it all the way to the rack to get the foul or the layup.

Tony should NOT take a 20 ft jumper when the game is on the line after wasting time on the clock. His jumper effective FG% in the clutch is .341. He is better off penetrating with an eFG% .435 inside in the clutch. His percentages in the clutch are lower than Tim's (jumper: .350, inside: 444) and Manu's (jumper: .417, inside: .462).

If he takes the shot in the clutch, he should penetrate... it is his forte.

This is a good experience for what is coming... let's hope this will not happen again in the playoffs.

duncan2k5
04-14-2005, 01:39 AM
come on guya lets not fight. United we stand...we can disagree with each other, but lets not be too malicious with our insults. remember in the end we are all one

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
It is ok for Tony to take the shot... I have no problems with that. He should have penetrated and taken it to the hole though. If his penetration path was blocked, kick it out to an outside shooter or take it all the way to the rack to get the foul or the layup.

Tony should NOT take a 20 ft jumper when the game is on the line after wasting time on the clock. His jumper effective FG% in the clutch is .341. He is better off penetrating with an eFG% .435 inside in the clutch. His percentages in the clutch are lower than Tim's (jumper: .350, inside: 444) and Manu's (jumper: .417, inside: .462).

If he takes the shot in the clutch, he should penetrate... it is his forte.

This is a good experience for what is coming... let's hope this will not happen again in the playoffs.

He was affraid to penetrate because he was HORRIBLE from the charity stripe last night and the last thing he wanted was to brick 2 FTs when they needed 2 pts to tie.

This is going to cost them a playoff game, because he is like Rasho in that late in the game, he does not want to be at the FT line.

Manu needs to handle the ball in the last 5 mins of every playoff game, because he can penetrate and make the Defense play him honestly, because they would not want to put him at the FT line, as he actually makes most of them.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 08:05 AM
If there is one thing that will keep TP from becoming a top 3 PG in this league, it is his HORRIBLE FT shooting.

Even Kidd who is not a good shooter, can make FTs.

TwoHandJam
04-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Agree with Jim and RVB. Taking a 20ft jumper after wasting 10 sec when you're a poor jumpshooter is a very bad decision. Manu may have missed the last shot but I'm sure he would have had a better opportunity to score if he wasn't forced to do it in 2.4sec.

Manu had the hot hand in the 4th. Tony didn't. He should have deferred. It was tough to lose to a shitty Jazz team largely because we were so beat up.

boutons
04-14-2005, 09:00 AM
agree. Tony misses 4 FTs, Spurs miss 10 FTs, Spurs lose by 2 pts.

How many games have the Spurs lost this season where the loss margin was exceeded by the number of missed Spurs FTs? or, how many more games would the Spurs have won with a FT %age that is 4th best in the league, rather than 4th worst? But this old, perennial Spurs news.

Oh, well, FTs don't matter, the season doesn't matter, only the playoffs matter. :)

If Tony is now fearing the FT line in crunch time and then also making bad crunch time decisions (taking his weak jump shots rather than strongly driving) based on that fear, then that's a horrible combination, THAT MATTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS where each game can be expected to be close.

Tony is essentially tied with Tim for gawd-awful career FT %age. This season, even lower than his rookie season, is Tony's worst by far for FT %age. While lots of big men haven't been co-ordinated/athletic enough to hit FTs, what's Tony's excuse?

I suggest that Tony take some $000's of his contract and hire a shooting coach this summer, totally unlearn his horrible shot mechanics, and re-build his shooting from scratch.

ducks
04-14-2005, 09:01 AM
did not manu the game before miss 4 free throws
I know at one time manu was 4-8 not against the jazz but the other game

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Even Kerr missed 4 FTs in a game, that does not mean anything.

Manu is a 80% FT shooter, that is a great percentage.

He made 12-13 last night and the only miss was on purpose.

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 09:06 AM
I blame Pop for this one.

Tony's decision making was horrid but the fact that Pop let him throw up jumpers on consecutive posessions without yelling or doing SOMETHING is even worse. Not to mention the fact that Pop thought taking Naz out and replacing him with Brick Barry for the last DEFENSIVE play of the game was a total moronic idea if I ever saw one.

It's not about Tony vs Manu. They are both dead dog tired, obviously Tony more than Manu. They are both troopers for putting up a fight for this game. Let's just hope they get alot of rest over the next couple of days.

smeagol
04-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Ducks, what does this have to do with what is being discussed?

Manu was 12-13 from the FT line in THIS game and the only one he missed was on purpose.

You have a tendency to bash Manu every opportunity you have, specially when people argue in favor of him over TP (such as this thread where RVB, JIM and THJ are saying he should handle the ball in crunch time, not TP).

You criticize the people who do that to Tony but you do it to Manu.

I don't understand why.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Tony's effort did not bother me. What bothers me is that our starting point guard, who lives to penetrate, can't hit his goddamn free throws. He was 3 of 7 from the line for fuck sake. If he shoots even the team average for the game (75%), we win.

To me, this is the one major flaw in Tony's game.

ducks
04-14-2005, 09:33 AM
My Point is even manu has stuggled from the line in certain games
tp has shot over 80% from the stripe a game

duncan misses alot of free throws
should spurs trade him ?

manu has tried to play backup point and failed doing so
I do not think manu should handle the ball late in the game
I think he should get shots in the fourth but not be the point guard

ducks
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
It is ok for Tony to take the shot... I have no problems with that. He should have penetrated and taken it to the hole though.

I have said that many times when duncan takes the 20 foot jump shot late in the game and miss. But he can do that and have it miss and it is ok. But heaven forbid if tp pulls up for a jump shot and miss it late in the game.

boutons
04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Tim and Tony are tied for horrible career FT %age, 69%. Maybe that's why they prefer shooting jumpers in crunch time rather than going strong to the basket.

smeagol
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
So? . . . Manu is much more relieable from the FT line (80%). I'm willing to bet his percetage is even higher in 4Q FT. Therefore, it makes sense to give him the ball in crunch time, unless TP is really hot.

should spurs trade him ?
Again, getting defensive. What does this have to do with the argument we are having? Who is advocating to trade TP? I'm certainly not.

Manu should not always handle the ball, as if he were the PG, in the 4Q. But, if he is "on", like he was yesterday, I prefer him taking as many shots as possible, certainly more shots than Tony. By the way, this is not bashing Tony.

beck253
04-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah because Manu hit a clutch shot to send it into overtime.

Of course, who else than you could come up with that kind of response in this thread... :blah

pigknuckles
04-14-2005, 10:42 AM
It's hard to criticize one player on this game after they have been bustin it last few.
Manu had a chance to win it and he missed...bottom line it should have never come to that - against the mighty Jazz.

pigknuckles
04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Correction tie the game. Just what we needed another OT game.

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM

should spurs trade him ?

How has he failed? I'd like to know some instances where he failed as a back up point in the 4th.

wildbill2u
04-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Did Pop call a timeout and give them a play or tell them who was to take the shot? It sounds like Tony did a lot of free-lance dribbling, looking for a drive and then tried a jumper instead of driving.

Bottom line, I want Manu taking the shot. He's better from outside and also from the line if he drives and gets a foul. He's playing the two guard position and should be the go to guy. Nothing against Tony, but you should play the percentages in this situation.

But Pop should make this clear to the team. Take a Time out and give them instructions.

Kori Ellis
04-14-2005, 11:48 AM
How has he failed? I'd like to know some instances where he failed as a back up point in the 4th.

Manu has gotten the ball stolen from him or made a turnover in key possessions late in games several times this season. I'm not sure if that's what ducks is talking about or not.

Bottomline people need to stop with the Blame Game; it's about team wins and team losses.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Manu has gotten the ball stolen from him or made a turnover in key possessions late in games several times this season. I'm not sure if that's what ducks is talking about or not.

Bottomline people need to stop with the Blame Game; it's about team wins and team losses.

No blame game at all.

I am saying that TP did what Francis has been bagged on for doing in the past,(even by you) He dribbled the clock down while I was screaming at the tv for him to do something, he just jacked up a 20 ft shot and that was the best choice?

By the time Manu got the ball on the next possesion, we were down 3 pts instead of 1, and he was forced to miss a FT, which he did. Had Manu gotten the ball when TP shot it, he would have gone to the line and made 2 FTs and we would have had the lead.

Manu missed the last shot, but he had 1 sec to take a shot, that is not his game. His game is to drive and dish or get fouled.

TP made a poor decision....Manu has made poor decisions, TD has, everyone has...but you have to learn from them and try not to repeat them.

ducks
04-14-2005, 12:08 PM
last season pop tried mnau as a backup point
that did not work out well
manu did not even like that

whottt
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Actually it was working pretty well at the end of the season, and Manu did kind of like doing it. Manu was the back up PG as we won 14 in a row or something like that.

smeagol
04-14-2005, 12:17 PM

I agree with you Kori, but based on history alone, this will never happen.

Tell you what, its easier for all of the following things to happen simoultaneously, than the Blame Game and the constant bitching after each loss to stop:

- Exstatic start praising Brent Barry,
- Tpark start bashing Pop,
- whottt stop watching WWF,
- MB and Mouse stop using multiples identities,
- SolidD start posting nonsense,
- You start banning people on a daily basis,
- LG making accurate predicitions and giving props to the Spurs,
- Ducks writting in English,
- whottt and CD making up with a long wet kiss,
- AHF praising Pops offensive coaching style,
- Bigzak having an avatar that does not include JLH,
- timvp watching an entire soccer game and enjoying it,
- Alvarez bashing Manu non-stop for a week,
- Sequ buying a Beno jersey,
- Nbadan praising Bush,
- Jim topping the list of most vbucks won,
- RVB and Nikos totaly disregarding statistics, and
- Manny becoming a die hard Christian right activist.

SequSpur
04-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Manu had a chance to win the game last night and he screwed it up.

More fuel for the fire.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM

More fuel for the fire.

Sequ, he got the ball with 1 second on the clock.... :rolleyes

That is not enough time for him. He is not a catch and shoot player...Barry would have been better option at that time.

Manu's strenth is to get ball with 24 secs left like TP did.

SequSpur
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I declare BS.

whottt
04-14-2005, 12:31 PM
BTW, my selection for who I would like to see handling the ball at the end of the game is Barry...

He's the least likely to turn it over on the team.
He is the least likely to force a bad shot on the team.
He is the best at finding the open man on the team.
He's got the best court awareness on the team.
He's got the highest 2 PT PCT on the team.
He's the best FT shooter on the team.
I have seen him make a game winning 2 point shot at the buzzer.
I have seen him make a game winning 3 point shot at the buzzer.

I definitely don't think he should be the guy inbounding the ball with 2 second left on the clock since that virtually assures he won't get a shot...and he's the career 40% 3 shooter.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I declare BS.

On what????

Did Manu not get the ball with 1 sec left????

Is he a catch and shoot player???

smeagol
04-14-2005, 12:56 PM

More fuel for the fire.
See what I mean Kori.

With Sequ hanging around this board, the bitching is guaranteed.

SequSpur
04-14-2005, 12:58 PM
STFU. Don't you have some dirt floors to sweep and some Commodore 64's to sell?

Manu clearly missed the game winning shot. Someone else should've taken it. One day Pop will learn.

jcrod
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
On what????

Did Manu not get the ball with 1 sec left????

Is he a catch and shoot player???

No it was more like 2.9 secs. you can't pump fake drive then shoot with 1 sec. They both Fucked up, get over it.

You can't rely on one player making all the clutch shots. They both proved they can make them and miss them.

smeagol
04-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Midget, you are such an ignorant asshole.

Manu clearly missed the game winning shot. Someone else should've taken it. One day Pop will learn.
It wah the game tying shot, you miserable piece of shit.

SequSpur
04-14-2005, 01:03 PM
It wah the game tying shot, you miserable piece of shit.

Yeah, you're right, my bad......

:fro

hendrix
04-14-2005, 01:06 PM
BTW, my selection for who I would like to see handling the ball at the end of the game is Barry...
He's the least likely to turn it over on the team.
He is the least likely to force a bad shot on the team.
He is the best at finding the open man on the team.
He's got the best court awareness on the team.
He's got the highest 2 PT PCT on the team.
He's the best FT shooter on the team.
I have seen him make a game winning 2 point shot at the buzzer.
I have seen him make a game winning 3 point shot at the buzzer.

I definitely don't think he should be the guy inbounding the ball with 2 second left on the clock since that virtually assures he won't get a shot...and he's the career 40% 3 shooter.

Agree mostly, tho i dont know how can you be so sure he's the best at 2, 3 and 4. It is probably so, but its too much.... :)

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
No it was more like 2.9 secs. you can't pump fake drive then shoot with 1 sec. They both Fucked up, get over it.

You can't rely on one player making all the clutch shots. They both proved they can make them and miss them.

Hellooooo????
Manu threw the ball inbounds with 2.4 secs, he ran to corner and got the ball back with a shade over 1 sec left, he had to jack it up.

How could he have gotten the ball with 2.9 secs left when he threw the ball in bounds????

bigzak25
04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
i hold manu more accountable for getting beat on D the possession before than missing that shot.....but it happens to the best of them...

hendrix
04-14-2005, 01:15 PM

More fuel for the fire.

Yeah... he sure blew the chance to win the game... he should have passed it.
2 seconds left and he couldnt find an open man, what a ...
Better he learns from our point guard.

whottt
04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Hellooooo????
Manu threw the ball inbounds with 2.4 secs, he ran to corner and got the ball back with a shade over 1 sec left, he had to jack it up.

How could he have gotten the ball with 2.9 secs left when he threw the ball in bounds????

Because Barry inbounded the ball.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
At least he got a shot off. I was dreading another game ending turnover.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 01:57 PM

oh, nevermind.

smeagol
04-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Know-it-all! :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM

Manu clearly missed the game winning shot. Someone else should've taken it. One day Pop will learn.Just when you think the board was getting somewhat civilized here comes this ignorant piece of shit and makes a stupid comment like this. Who the fuck do you think you are?? Seriously, you've reached a new low point with this shit Sequ, I've lost the little respect a I had left for your sorry ass.

jcrod
04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
oh, nevermind.

:blah :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Look, all the tony vs. manu at the end of games needs to stop.

What needs to start happening is the very common sense idea of going with the hot hand.

If Tony's been rolling and has 18 in the fourth or something crazy like that, clear out and let him do his thing.

If it's Manu, the same. Last night Tony was 7-18 and 3-7 from the FT line, while Manu was 5-7 and 12-13 from the line. Forget all the petty Manu and Tony camps pitching their man, take a look at those two box score lines and use some damn common sense.

T Park
04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
didnt manu take the last show though?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow, he had a whole two fucking seconds. Look, if Tony is gonna take a sorry ass off balance outside jumper, he could have had the decency not to go Steve Francis and dribble the ball around for 10 seconds.

With 12 seconds left to work last night on the last shot, Manu ties it or wins it. With two seconds left, there's not nearly as much time to set your man up, let alone drive, have the D collapse, and create an easy opportunity for someone else.

Just use your brain for once Tpark, that's all I ask.

SequSpur
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Just when you think the board was getting somewhat civilized here comes this ignorant piece of shit and makes a stupid comment like this. Who the fuck do you think you are?? Seriously, you've reached a new low point with this shit Sequ, I've lost the little respect a I had left for your sorry ass.

:lol

Simma Down...............

td4mvp21
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Look at the message thing under his User name it will clear alot of things up for you

MaNuMaNiAc
04-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Look at the message thing under his User name it will clear alot of things up for you
I know that, but some times someone has to start shyat his way!