PDA

View Full Version : International League Pass

Muser
10-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Anyone know when this will become available to order? And how much it will be (In English Pounds).

Spurs Brazil
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I also want to know

mogrovejo
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
No, but they should announce it soon. Hopefully they'll use a different platform than that RayV crap. The one they used for the playoffs, with HD, would be nice.

Last season it was €67, I wouldn't mind to pay a little more for an improved service (especially better access to archived games).

Muser
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah RayV sucked, the only major complaint was that you couldn't start the game when you wanted, if i'm paying decent money I want to be able to start the game when I want to.

jazzypimp
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Just how big is NBA basketball over there Muser?? Is it a growing market or is it barely a blimp, like soccer over here?

Muser
10-05-2009, 11:29 AM
It's not too big, the NFL is getting quite a big following over here though.

I'm going to see the Jazz/Bulls tomorrow in London and they sold out the 02 arena which has a capacity of 23,000 within the first 2 days so there is a bit of a following.

jazzypimp
10-05-2009, 11:47 AM

I'm going to see the Jazz/Bulls tomorrow in London and they sold out the 02 arena which has a capacity of 23,000 within the first 2 days so there is a bit of a following.

Damn you.. It's airing on nba tv i think.. so I will have to Tivo it. How many nba games have played in the O2.. I would imagine it is a pretty big event for nba fans there seeing as it is a rarity.

Muser
10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
This is the third year they have done it, first year it was Celtics/Twolves and last year it was Heat/Nets.

Really hoping for the Spurs to come over in the future, but this game looks like it's gonna be damn good.

jazzypimp
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Fucking cj miles ruptured his thumb in practice and has to fly home for surgery. Out 2 months I would guess. What an idiot. He was the high scorer against the nugs last week. Too bad, I thought this would be his breakout year!

duncan228
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
The choices on NBA.com's League Pass Broadband International page. It says 'Order Now' but the pages don't load. Keep checking.

League Pass Broadband Premium
Best Quality viewing! League Pass Broadband Premium includes:

* Every game from the 2009-10 NBA Regular Season*
* NBA ALL-Star 2010*
* High Definition quality video in widescreen 16x9
* Live Game DVR: pause and rewind live action
* Extended Game archives: watch any game On
Demand for up to 48 hours*
* 15 Instant Classic Games: A selection of the best
games from the prior and current season, available anytime

League Pass Broadband
League Pass Broadband includes:

* Every game from the 2009-10 NBA Regular
Season*
* NBA ALL-Star 2010*rols
* Standard quality video in 4X3 aspect ratio
* Games available On Demand for up to 24 hours*

http://ilp.nba.com/

Brazil
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I also want to know

eisfeld
10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
It's working now - Available for the first time in my country :downspin:
Still needs CC or PP though.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:12 PM

I think league pass would definitely help towards building a fan base that's for sure.

Spurs Brazil
10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Can we download games?

Thanks for the link 228

Darthkiller
10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
a better question would be, when does league for people in the states become available.

duncan228
10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
a better question would be, when does league for people in the states become available.

It's available through my provider (in Southern California) October 27.

demosthenes247
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know if you can get int' league pass in france?

mogrovejo
10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
You can't download games. You probably can, but it's technically demanding. It's not part of the system.

Yeah, I think it's available in France.

IMO, last season it was a bargain, even though some problems and the fact that archived games are played in loop, as Muser said (that was my biggest peeve as well). The system they used in the playoffs, with HD, was pure gold.

Brazil
10-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I didn't see the second spur of D228 lol

diego
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Last year it wasnt available in my country so I emailed them several times until months later, I got an email back saying they made it available. Of course I already had an NBA member login from several years before. When I tried to order NBA ILP, it would tell me that my email was already registered. So I sent several emails asking if I needed to open another email account just to order NBA ILP... and I'm still waiting for an answer. Looks like I will just open another email account, but I think the service is really terrible. I've ordered stuff like cookie cutters from the states, 40 dollars of merchandise (nothing) and had much much better service.

better than nothing I suppose.

Spurs Brazil
10-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Bump

Check the link. It's available now

What do you think?

What’s the best option?

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't know. I'm confused because apparently they're still using RayV (according to this page - http://ilp.nba.com/Pages/en/SystemRequirements.aspx), but the demos use flash and if the archives are going to be on demand, then it can't be RayV (that is p2p based).

I had a chat with them and they confirmed the archives will be not be in loops and that one will be able to forward and rewing. So, this indicates it's a different technology. Maybe. The guy couldn't tell. The HD will have 1200kbps (the HD 800kbps). I don't know how high will be the definition with a 1200 bitrate. It should be at least 1800kbps. I asked when would the SD demo be available: "the HD system will be fully functional before the start of the season". What else? Some countries have a pre-season $10 discount (mine does).

I'm not sure if the HD/SD difference is worth $50. I'd like to watch a HD working before buying it. $50 pays half of the EuroleagueTV subscrpition and if the difference in quality isn't notable, then the 48 hours archive won't do it for me (there are too many games in the NBA to be worried about that). I'm not even sure if the SD demos are what one is going to get. I'll talk to them again next week to see if there are news and decide then.

alamo50
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info mo!
Keep it coming.

Sportstudi
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know if you can get int' league pass in france?

Yes. Check it here: Availability (http://ilp.nba.com/Pages/en/FAQ.aspx#2)

eisfeld
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes. Check it here: Availability (http://ilp.nba.com/Pages/en/FAQ.aspx#2)

You're 100% German am I right? ;)

Great that it's available, I'm thinking about getting lp, but I'd like to see a demo first and try it for a day or two. I don't know whether my broadband connection can handle it via streams from the U.S.

Anybody here who knows a link where one can try it?

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Great that it's available, I'm thinking about getting lp, but I'd like to see a demo first and try it for a day or two. I don't know whether my broadband connection can handle it via streams from the U.S.

Anybody here who knows a link where one can try it?

There's a demo available in the site:
http://ilp.nba.com/en/default.aspx

What kind of broadband connection do you have? As long as you have a 1.5M download bandwidth, you are okay. It'd be uncommon if you don't.

Sportstudi
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Due to my nick I guess. Born but not living there. ;)

eisfeld
10-10-2009, 08:08 AM
@SportStudi
It's been a while since I read the word Studi on the internet ;)

@mogrovejo
Ah thanks, completely missed it on the page. Works fine. I have up to 20Mbit but streaming from overseas sometimes is very laggy. Looks promising, although the quality is a bit in full-screen mode. And the only US-Sport channel I can watch in Austria is ESPN America via sky... and damn the NBA is not included :depressed

urunobili
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't know if I'll be getting this one or buy the regular one for my TV in phoenix with directv which i hook to with a slingbox...

Slomo
10-10-2009, 02:16 PM
If you get the regular one, you get the webstream with it automatically (you need to register or something with your provider and that's it).

eric365
10-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Is it possible to watch in standart quality if I take the prenium and the HD is not working well ?

The 48 hour archive is interresting but they had problem last year with standart quality. So I'm skeptical on the HD....

Milo
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
There's a demo available in the site:
http://ilp.nba.com/en/default.aspx

What kind of broadband connection do you have? As long as you have a 1.5M download bandwidth, you are okay. It'd be uncommon if you don't.

Unfortunately that may not be that simple.

Last year they used the RayTV system, which is a P2P technology.
That means you are uploading part of the streams to other users while you're watching a game.
And some DSL broadband connections, very common in europe, are very much limited in upload bandwidth (256 kb/s for ex)
Also on those DSL access, uploading limits you download bandwidth as well.

In my case, my 2MB/s DSL connections was not enough to watch the ILP HD streams, just because that crappy p2p system was capping my upload. It's not configurable either, mind you...

Spurs Brazil
10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
It's working great!