PDA

View Full Version : Pop's choice.

Leetonidas
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Does anyone really agree with his choice? It's obvious what he did.

Since Tim came back, the team seemed as if they were expecting to win the game just because the two-time MVP had returned. They were playing great at 71-68 and then Tim sits down, and everyone falls apart.

Pop didn't want Tim to bail the rest of the Spurs out, and it seems only Manu and Nazr realized it. It's a good thing that he wants to teach his team to win without Tim when he is available, but I think he should have had Tim in at least for the last two plays to guard Okur.

So do you agree with Pop's decision to not go with the obvious bail out and let the rest of team fend for themselves?

Das Texan
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
pop doesnt give a shit right now.

tim has been back for one game, i would hardly say 'since tim came back' and then using some type of broad general statement anyway.

its not like the team was on the back end of a back to back anyway.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Nope.

But I hear he has two rings, so why bother.

Jdspur20
04-13-2005, 11:01 PM
well they do need to learn to keep playing with the same flow with tim in or out, but i wish that he would have been in for at least the last shot, even as a decoy, but, annyways, this game doesn't mean anything, we will take the 2 of the next 3.

Leetonidas
04-13-2005, 11:03 PM
pop doesnt give a shit right now.

tim has been back for one game, i would hardly say 'since tim came back' and then using some type of broad general statement anyway.

its not like the team was on the back end of a back to back anyway.

I know Tim has been back a game, but that's what I'm saying. It looked as if the rest of the team was expecting a gimme since their star was back and they didn't play with the determination they did the last few games. I think they should just sit Tim 'til the 2nd game against Memphis. :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
If the game doesn't mean shit, then we should have rested Tim another night.

Das Texan
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
the rest of the team has also been playing a fucking ton of basketball the past week.

its hard to get up for a meaningless game against utah.

especially when pop has basically said he doesnt give a fuck about games right now.

Das Texan
04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
If the game doesn't mean shit, then we should have rested Tim another night.

tim also has to get back into basketball shape, hard to do on the practice court.

T Park
04-13-2005, 11:10 PM
then we should have rested Tim another night

When exactly should we start playing him.

Wait two more days???

Hes gotta start somewhere.

The game was a scrimmage for him, nothing less nothing more.

Good warmup for Memphis twice and Minnesota.

Settle the fuck down.

E20
04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Who cares it's one game and we lost, big whoop. Frankly, I didn't want it to go to overtime and I'm glad that Ginobili missed that baseline jumper. I don't want the Spurs always playing fucking OT games.

infinite styles
04-13-2005, 11:15 PM
OMG...... Its the end of the world...oh wait I forgot that the playoffs haven't started yet. The team looked tired, and I think that yeah they wanted to win the game but shit it was the fourth game in five days with the #2 spot locked up. I would rather have my guys tuned up for the playoffs then go through another grueling OT game that would push the minutes of each player up again. Come on ya'll it hurts but its not death. Pop played it out like he should have and to have Duncan on the floor at the end of a game thats tied up would have been even worse. Shit happens in the final seconds when its a close game. Work him out now and get ready for the playoffs.
Keep it movin......

dn0
04-13-2005, 11:15 PM
this loss may send us directly to denver in first round.. not the best matchup specially
with Tim coming back from injury..

Leetonidas
04-13-2005, 11:18 PM
this loss may send us directly to denver in first round.. not the best matchup specially

Yep.

I mean yeah every game from when we clinched the playoff berth is meaningless, but the way San Antonio plays on the road, it's always better to have homecourt.

infinite styles
04-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Denver this Denver that Denver ain't shit...They are playing good right now but its two different seasons when it comes to the playoffs. I could care less about who we play just because I have confidence in my team. All Denver needs is to finish out the regular season and then get bitch slapped in the first game of the playoffs to knock they ass back down to earth.

Jdspur20
04-13-2005, 11:22 PM

just because denver is playing good doesn't mean they will carry it in the playoffs, remember memphis last year???

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:22 PM
:lol They have the best record in the league since the All-Star break, but if you really think they "ain't shit" then knock yourself out.

infinite styles
04-13-2005, 11:25 PM
just because denver is playing good doesn't mean they will carry it in the playoffs, remember memphis last year???

Good point :king
All I'm saying is that Denver has had it good for the last couple months and everything is all good in the house.....BUT once they meet some opposition and adversity how will they respond. Carmelo can always go back to being CARMELO, and Karl could become the evil step-father of the team just like that. Seems to me that everybodies just looking for a new LA to be worried about.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Teams I'd rather not see in the WC playoffs

1. Houston
2. Denver

WGAF about anyone else...

I feel sorry for the homers who think Denver is an afterthought, they're gonna get a rude wakeup call when the playoffs start.

infinite styles
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Teams I'd rather not see in the WC playoffs

1. Houston
2. Denver

WGAF about anyone else...

I feel sorry for the homers who think Denver is an afterthought, they're gonna get a rude wakeup call when the playoffs start.

Why do people have to be homers just because they have confidence in their team. Its just opinions...I mean your right, Denver could become the best team in the playoffs but then again the Spurs could cut em back down to size just like that. I'm just the type of person who looks at the positive aspect of things rather than fearing what comes next. If everybody wants to run around with their tail stuck between their legs than thats their choice but fuck the dumb shit why be a fan if all you do is doubt who you root for.

Leetonidas
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Denver this Denver that Denver ain't shit...They are playing good right now but its two different seasons when it comes to the playoffs. I could care less about who we play just because I have confidence in my team. All Denver needs is to finish out the regular season and then get bitch slapped in the first game of the playoffs to knock they ass back down to earth.

They do have inexperience in the playoffs and yeah I have all the confidence in the world for the Spurs, but playing Denver is not good for Tim coming back from this injury so soon.

Coach Karl knows how to win, so I think if we meet them in the first round, they'll give us trouble, but we'll win in 6 games.

infinite styles
04-13-2005, 11:43 PM
They do have inexperience in the playoffs and yeah I have all the confidence in the world for the Spurs, but playing Denver is not good for Tim coming back from this injury so soon.

Coach Karl knows how to win, so I think if we meet them in the first round, they'll give us trouble, but we'll win in 6 games.

I understand what you saying and yeah it is kinda tough for tim to come back like this, but Tim knows how to play and the team now knows how to play without him. It will be tough but I don't think that they should fear any team at this point.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 11:45 PM
It's all good...

bring it on...

I wouldn't trade our roster for Denvers straight up and it would be a hella of a lot of fun to watch...

but at this point we are probably looking at Houston in the first round...

which could be nice too...

Believe guys...

T Park
04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Why do people have to be homers just because they have confidence in their team

Because, you have a different viewpoint.

And the thing to do to people like that, is call them HOMERS.
Because, if you root for your team, think you can beat another team.

Your a homer. That simple, fantastic ideology aint it.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't mind Parker taking a shot.

I do mind his Steve Francis impression.

I also didn't like the defensive lineup that lead to the Okur putback. Phoenix has Pop spooked -- he has small ball on the brain.

Leetonidas
04-14-2005, 12:11 AM

Hope you ain't speakin of me. :pctoss

I believe the Spurs could beat anyone, I just want to see us win it without too much trouble is all.

infinite styles
04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Hope you ain't speakin of me. :pctoss

I believe the Spurs could beat anyone, I just want to see us win it without too much trouble is all.

I would rather it be hard fought rather than done with ease. That way sorry ass Laker fans can't come in and say that it deserves an * But then again they'll say it either way. :pctoss

50 cent
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I think Pop would rather us have the 2 seed. And I can't blame him.

Let Dallas and Phx go after each other (with possibly DEN even passing up SAC for the 5th seed).

Then we could just take care of HOU, SAC, SEA and meet the other winner between PHX and DAL in the WCF.

whottt
04-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Denver can actually win their division still I believe....

milkyway21
04-14-2005, 12:35 AM
just because denver is playing good doesn't mean they will carry it in the playoffs, remember memphis last year???right!

AND NEW JERSEY last, last yr?(2003).
we broke their playoff streak :lol :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2005, 05:48 PM

The problem is people aren't even acknowledging the alternative viewpoint.

Like all this "Denver has always sucked, therefore they will again this year" rationale that some have displayed in this thread.

I definitely believe we can beat Denver, but to completely ignore them as a legitimate threat is shortsighted, IMO.

spursfan05
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
manu needs more shots

bigzak25
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
of course they are a legitimate threat...a threat to win 2 games in a series.....most likely only 1.....

or are you guys saying Denver takes the Spurs to 7 should this matchup occur?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm saying you've got a young, hungry, HEALTHY team with a good coach at the helm. And oh yeah, they've been playing the best basketball in the league for the last two months.

T Park
04-14-2005, 06:51 PM
but to completely ignore them as a legitimate threat is shortsighted, IMO.

I agree with that.

But if someone disagrees and thinks that they are something otherwise doesn't make them a homer.

IMO, it just makes them a person with a differing viewpoint.

mookie2001
04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
aggies right, you need a weaker 1st rd opponent if tims still coming back from injury, not the hottest
pop should have tried to win that game, its just as important as all the others, and duncan needs to get back the 4th quarter killer instinct intime for the playoffs

pop blew it