PDA

View Full Version : Tmac back at practice

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6652263.html

Well, he is back and starting practice, who will give us a young player and picks?

Step right up, Tmac sweepstakes are starting now !!

DD

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I'll be watching!

21_Blessings
10-05-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6652263.html

Well, he is back and starting practice, who will give us a young player and picks?

Step right up, Tmac sweepstakes are starting now !!

DD

We won't see much of T-quit before the trade deadline I can guarantee you that. No one will trade for him if he's not on the court.

After that deadline we'll be seeing contract year Tracey though.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
We won't see much of T-quit before the trade deadline I can guarantee you that. No one will trade for him if he's not on the court.

After that deadline we'll be seeing contract year Tracey though.

I disagree, I think the Rockets will play him off the bench in December and January...

Show the league that he is healthy....Tmac will bitch about his touches etc...and the team will trade his expiring BLOATED contract at the trade deadline.

DD

21_Blessings
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Not happening sorry

Reeko_Htown
10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
The money saved is worth more to teams so yeah, I'm sure there will be offers.

Muser
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Gotta trade him, get a couple first rounders for him.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Gotta trade him, get a couple first rounders for him.

If they get a couple first rounders outta him I will immediately resign my NBA Forum Commission that was granted by Kori.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
T-Mac may indeed be back. He says he is nearly fully rehabilitated. If he is, he'll be right up there with Kobe again. Remember the NBA scoring champ?

If he is back at a high level, Morey may or may not trade him. Only time will tell.

djohn2oo8
10-05-2009, 12:29 PM
T-Mac may indeed be back. He says he is nearly fully rehabilitated. If he is, he'll be right up there with Kobe again. Remember the NBA scoring champ?

If he is back at a high level, Morey may or may not trade him. Only time will tell.

If he is back at Kobe's level, a big ass if, then he probably won't get traded. Morey wants a playmaking SG to replace him, a superstar if you will, and McGrady will not be able to fetch one. However, we may be able to dial up Chris Wallace and swindle him into a Cook for Marc Gasol deal.

DPG21920
10-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought that T-Mac was getting evaluated November 23rd and then they will see when he can play?

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM

WHAT?

Tmac is not even close to Kobe's level.....TMac is closer to Iverson's level than Kobes.....

You can't be an inefficient scorer like he is, and be considered a superstar...the man simply misses WAY too many shots...and takes way too many.

Even that 13 in 35 second game he was like 11 for 27 for the game....

DD

jazzypimp
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
He always has pain face. It's painful watching him play!

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
He always has pain face. It's painful watching him play!

Tmac and Lowry for Dwill, what do you say?

:D

DD

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought that T-Mac was getting evaluated November 23rd and then they will see when he can play?

I think they are just being cautious about him coming back to quickly. His microfracture surgery wasn't nearly as serious as Jason Kidd or Amare Stoudamire's, ( it was only 3 cm on a non weight bearing part of the knee).and he has been playing 5 on 5 for about 2 months now.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:08 PM

DD

You bringing your hate tour all the way from Clutchfans DD? :lol

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
You bringing your hate tour all the way from Clutchfans DD? :lol

Not hate at all, I just recognize a loser when I see one more quickly than people who admire him because he can jump high and dunk.

The guy is just not worth the trouble......and to me, is a cancer to a winning team.

So...who wants to step up and buy the Tmac, HALF PRICE !!!

DD

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Who can we get that would be worth more than giving him a chance? That's the reason I don't see him going anywhere right now.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Who can we get that would be worth more than giving him a chance? That's the reason I don't see him going anywhere right now.

You may be right, but I think there are several franchises looking to get out of long term deals....

People like Monta Ellis, or Corey Maggette to name 2.

Maybe Baron Davis, perhaps Vince Carter.......

I think there will be deals out there, especially once he proves he can still play the TMac style of game.

DD

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
If he plays the healthy T-mac style of game he will be a Rocket for about four more years at a discounted rate. :lol

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
If he plays the healthy T-mac style of game he will be a Rocket for about four more years at a discounted rate. :lol

Nope, he has burned that bridge, a leopard does not change his spots, do you honestly see him moving without the ball?

No way he stays.

DD

all_heart
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Tmac back at practice?! What, did he forget his crutches and PSP? Rockets should have traded him 3 yrs ago. Pain face, so true, I've noticed that before as well.:lmao

rjv
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
i really do not know what his value is. i guess he could be traded for another player of equal talent but with health questions.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Nope, he has burned that bridge, a leopard does not change his spots, do you honestly see him moving without the ball?

No way he stays.

DD

He actually did during our 22 game win streak two years ago. I think he is willing to if there is capable talent around him to do so (which I think he has now). I think he will come back willing to be a team player, and if he doesn't he will be gotten rid of. If he does come back and play well the Rockets will be a pretty good team this year, and one of the top teams in the league when Yao returns next season.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Last year, he really pissed off the Rockets brass, and has pissed off Adelman with his whining about his touches.....

He has talent, it is the lack of quality between the ear lobs that is his problem.....I seriously doubt he stays on the team all year....

Les and Morey heard the fans boo him last year, they want to sell tickets...Tmac was even booed a bit at the open practice....

We shall see, but I really think he is gone.

DD

sook
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Kobe level??!?

:lol :rollin

sook
10-05-2009, 02:03 PM

DD

Why do people ask around the internet about throwing a guy out there for trading? Do you honestly believe it holds any substance or are you just trying to make an asshat of yourself?

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Why do people ask around the internet about throwing a guy out there for trading? Do you honestly believe it holds any substance or are you just trying to make an asshat of yourself?
No, I will leave that to you....

I was being funny.

DD

sook
10-05-2009, 02:07 PM
No, I will leave that to you....

I was being funny.

DD

I doubt it, you do this on a regular basis on other sites.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I doubt it, you do this on a regular basis on other sites.

Oh you mean the ones that ban people like you?

BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

I liked you better when you were begging me to help you get back on at those...other sites.....

Now you are just a bitter kid....

DD

sook
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh you mean the ones that ban people like you?

BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

I liked you better when you were begging me to help you get back on at those...other sites.....

Now you are just a bitter kid....

DD

Whats your point? I don't see how that plays into the fact that you play little GM on BBS sites. All I'm saying is that you look like a retard. Whether you choose to take my insight for a grain of salt is entirely up to you.

I'm unbanned for CF btw, notice how I still don't post there dumbass? That was the only site that banned me anyways, because any opinion besides that of the superficial fans like yourself that bask in their narcissism, is shunned.

sook
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
DD, please don't adulterate this site with your elitest attitude like all the other ones you have made unfavorable.

Tracy McGrady
10-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm back! :D

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL - it is only elitist to kids who don't have any life experience and run around calling people names........

People who act like internet tough guys, while crying about being banned from sites for their juvenile behavior.

Just man up Sook, grow up, respect up, and it will all pass.

Or, you can continue to be a DDingleberry, whatever you want to be, it is all up to you.

As for the topic.....Tmac is DONE in Houston.

We are accepting all offers.....a can of baked beans and a half eaten bag of Doritos might get it done.

DD

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm back! :D

Welcome back. Don't be lazy this time around bastard!!!! :lol

djohn2oo8
10-05-2009, 04:18 PM
You may be right, but I think there are several franchises looking to get out of long term deals....

People like Monta Ellis, or Corey Maggette to name 2.

Maybe Baron Davis, perhaps Vince Carter.......

I think there will be deals out there, especially once he proves he can still play the TMac style of game.

DD

:lol You lost all credibility when you said Maggette.....Him and Baron are the biggest cancers in the NBA, and yet you wanna take a chance on them?

sook
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
LOL - it is only elitist to kids who don't have any life experience and run around calling people names........

People who act like internet tough guys, while crying about being banned from sites for their juvenile behavior.

Just man up Sook, grow up, respect up, and it will all pass.

Or, you can continue to be a DDingleberry, whatever you want to be, it is all up to you.

As for the topic.....Tmac is DONE in Houston.

We are accepting all offers.....a can of baked beans and a half eaten bag of Doritos might get it done.

DD

When all fails, just turn it around. Love your justification.

Try all your want, but your shit doesn't smell any better than others.

As for about T-Mac, only an idiot like you would want to trade him away at the deadline, than hang on to his expiring and get raw talent the next year.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 05:01 PM
When all fails, just turn it around. Love your justification.

Try all your want, but your shit doesn't smell any better than others.

As for about T-Mac, only an idiot like you would want to trade him away at the deadline, than hang on to his expiring and get raw talent the next year.

LOL - and you wonder why you get banned, your lack of respectful demeanor is exhibit A.

Tsk tsk, KIDS...sheesh !

DD

sook
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
LOL - and you wonder why you get banned, your lack of respectful demeanor is exhibit A.

Tsk tsk, KIDS...sheesh !

DD

Someone claiming to be as sage as you shouldn't be quite so naive. This isn't middle school, if your a fucking moron, expect others to be quite vocal about it.

Rather than admit to your faults you label the other person as "Disrespectful."

Keep it coming buddy its workin for ya

Kai
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Whats your point? I don't see how that plays into the fact that you play little GM on BBS sites. All I'm saying is that you look like a retard. Whether you choose to take my insight for a grain of salt is entirely up to you.

I'm unbanned for CF btw, notice how I still don't post there dumbass? That was the only site that banned me anyways, because any opinion besides that of the superficial fans like yourself that bask in their narcissism, is shunned.

this is a fan message board. It's full of "what ifs" and pretending to be GM. He was obviously being sarcastic about trading for D-Will. you should lighten up.

If you want to talk about looking like a retard, look up your old posts when you were sucking up to anyone who had a 1,000+ posts at clutchfans or when you got banned there and begged and pleaded to be let back in. You might not agree with DD, like many people at CF I might add, but you don't have to attack him so harshly to look cool.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
:lol You lost all credibility when you said Maggette.....Him and Baron are the biggest cancers in the NBA, and yet you wanna take a chance on them?

Spurstalk is awesome. At least here they call DD out for making stupid comments and assements of players.

Dan Langhi anyone?

sook
10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
If you wanted to be in an enviornment catering your every opinion, go back to

clutchfans. Just because you sit on your ass all day and post useless comments

there to gain some kind status doesn't mean any body gives a shit about your

nonsensical and irrational bullshit on there.

Your rudimentary knowledge of the rockets demands pity.

Corey Maggete and V Span are not the saviors of this team.

sook
10-05-2009, 05:20 PM
this is a fan message board. It's full of "what ifs" and pretending to be GM. He was obviously being sarcastic about trading for D-Will. you should lighten up.

If you want to talk about looking like a retard, look up your old posts when you were sucking up to anyone who had a 1,000+ posts at clutchfans or when you got banned there and begged and pleaded to be let back in. You might not agree with DD, like many people at CF I might add, but you don't have to attack him so harshly to look cool.

Its obvious you don't understand when someone is being serious or not, which in fact brings out the complete irony in your post. I like the rockets. I like it when the rockets do well. If or not the rockets do well has nothing to do with clutchfans. I love how they use my team's name to gain publicity. That is not a true fan sit. A true fan site doesn't control and limit opinions.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Its obvious you don't understand when someone is being serious or not, which in fact brings out the complete irony in your post. I like the rockets. I like it when the rockets do well. If or not the rockets do well has nothing to do with clutchfans. I love how they use my team's name to gain publicity. That is not a true fan site. A true fan site doesn't control and limit opinions.

Cluthfans is cool, although they can be onesided when it comes to T-mac (DD :lol) and some of our players (For some reason Landry is the next coming of Carl Malone there, and I would personally rather ship him out for an average center). That is going to happen on any fan site though, (have you been in the Spurs section lately? :wow) because that's just the nature of the beast. You and DD are both cool (although you can be annoyingly persistent in your arguments even when you've been proven wrong DD) you just have different approaches to how you support your team. Not a damn thing wrong with that. :toast

Kai
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Its obvious you don't understand when someone is being serious or not, which in fact brings out the complete irony in your post. I like the rockets. I like it when the rockets do well. If or not the rockets do well has nothing to do with clutchfans. I love how they use my team's name to gain publicity. That is not a true fan sit. A true fan site doesn't control and limit opinions.

C'mon man, just quit. It was quite obvious that you were seriously trying to be the bitch of every guy like "Tinman" or "DaDakota" or anyone that had a 'name' at clutchfans. You were desperate to get unbanned or even when your "member" status was revoked and there's no way around that. You were very annoying to everyone there. I understand that since then your opinion of that site has taken a complete 180 and I can completely respect that. But don't try to say you weren't being serious.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
By the way I would rather see Yao shipped out for a 7'0 ft. solid defender/rebounder/shotblocker, and a good role player than trade McGrady. :king

Indazone
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Yao will be ok once the Rockets figure out that they should only play him 50 games or so in a season.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Newsflash: Maggette was uses as an

E
X
A
M
P
L
E

of a player that might be available.

Kids are so funny, they so want to be the silverback, they pick and poke at me, but at the end all they do is eat the bugs from my hide.

DD

sook
10-05-2009, 08:30 PM
C'mon man, just quit. It was quite obvious that you were seriously trying to be the bitch of every guy like "Tinman" or "DaDakota" or anyone that had a 'name' at clutchfans. You were desperate to get unbanned or even when your "member" status was revoked and there's no way around that. You were very annoying to everyone there. I understand that since then your opinion of that site has taken a complete 180 and I can completely respect that. But don't try to say you weren't being serious.

Common sense is not very common. Me posting 30 times in the upgrade rookie thread = joke, some people found that annoying and I got banned. I wanted to get back on there at first but i came to realize how amazingly stupid and full of shit the site and people on there are. You might be one of those people, but, I won't be the judge of that.

sook
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Newsflash: Maggette was uses as an

E
X
A
M
P
L
E

of a player that might be available.

Kids are so funny, they so want to be the silverback, they pick and poke at me, but at the end all they do is eat the bugs from my hide.

DD

I don't think anybody gives a shit about you untill you waltz in and say something stupid.

Then again...that might be your aim as you are an attention whore.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Exactly.

DD

Lars
10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Cluthfans is cool, although they can be onesided when it comes to T-mac (DD :lol) and some of our players (For some reason Landry is the next coming of Carl Malone there, and I would personally rather ship him out for an average center). That is going to happen on any fan site though, (have you been in the Spurs section lately? :wow) because that's just the nature of the beast. You and DD are both cool (although you can be annoyingly persistent in your arguments even when you've been proven wrong DD) you just have different approaches to how you support your team. Not a damn thing wrong with that. :toast

Ive never seen them put Landry on this high of a pedestool.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 09:49 PM

We also know it is Karl Malone....and we are not real fond of him either.

DD

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM

That was an exaggeration, but the point is they think he is just this mountain of potential that's just not there. He is at his ceiling. The only way he gets any better is if he is sent to a horrible team that will allow him to play major minutes. Even with Yao and T-mac out the Rockets aren't that team. There are others also, like Shane (mr. intangibles) Battier. " If we can't get Fernandez and Pryzbilla for Shane in a trade NO DEAL!" WTF?! :lmao That is the kind of retarded nonsense Sook is referring to.

sook
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
That was an exaggeration, but the point is they think he is just this mountain of potential that's just not there. He is at his ceiling. The only way he gets any better is if he is sent to a horrible team that will allow him to play major minutes. Even with Yao and T-mac out the Rockets aren't that team. There are others also, like Shane (mr. intangibles) Battier. " If we can't get Fernandez and Pryzbilla for Shane in a trade NO DEAL!" WTF?! :lmao That is the kind of retarded nonsense Sook is referring to.

I can see where the adulation of carl comes from. He's a hard worker. came into this league expected not to do anything, and than all of a sudden he comes in during februrary or january of 08 and becomes an integral part of the rockets winning 22 games.

I see where you're coming from though, he is an undersized PF at best, and his ceiling isn't very high as you said. I wish we had gotten villanueva for him when we could have though

Lars
10-06-2009, 12:57 AM
He is young, athletic, energetic, has a mid range jumper and already had a playoff game winning play. Not sure what more you want from him.

duncan228
10-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Rockets notes: Battier, McGrady rehab on track (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6653952.html)
By Jonathan Feigen

Time to experiment

With the Rockets playing their first three preseason games in the next four days, they will experiment not only with rotations and combinations but also with strategies.

Coach Rick Adelman said he could use players for extended minutes in one game, replacing them with other players in the next game. He sounded more interested to see how different schemes would work. Against the Spurs tonight, he could try double teams and defensive rotations he did not use with Yao Ming last season. Against the Celtics, he might look at ways to send help defense.

“We're going to do that for sure,” Adelman said. “We're going to pick games, who we're playing (against) and what they like to do.”

Rehabs on track

Tracy McGrady had no problems Monday, the day after his first scrimmage with the Rockets in training camp. As planned, the Rockets stepped up a portion of his off-court workouts, though he did not scrimmage.

Shane Battier added shooting drills to his rehabilitation from a pulled hamstring. He is not likely to return to practices until the Rockets return from their road trip Saturday.

Early test

The Rockets will pit their retooled offense against the Spurs, Celtics and Magic, who were second, third and sixth in scoring defense last season. Boston was first, Orlando third and San Antonio ninth in opposing field-goal percentage.

“That's what we're going to have to see through the season,” forward Trevor Ariza said. “They are three of the best defensive teams in the league. We'll see where we have to go if we want to be that type of team.”

The Rockets were seventh in scoring defense and fifth in field-goal percentage defense last season. They consider this week's games a first test of whether they can stay at that level.

The Franchise
10-06-2009, 01:33 AM
He is young, athletic, energetic, has a mid range jumper and already had a playoff game winning play. Not sure what more you want from him.

I was talking about the over the top ceiling that some posters at Clutchfans have given him. Don't get me wrong though. I like Carl, and think he brings a lot of energy off the bench, but I also see he won't be much more than he already is. I also think his production can be easily replaced for less money than he's being paid. I was mainly just making the point that I have seen a few of our players way overvalued on Clutchfans.

Indazone
10-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Landry knows how to win and his main problem is trying to post up and dunk the ball every time against taller defenders. He just needs to watch Scola a bit more and take some of those moves from him. It's a matter of footwork and reverse layups. Dude can dribble and has a nice 17-18 foot shot. I think he has tremendous upside and his efficiency is still very high.

Scola
10-06-2009, 04:56 AM
I hope the Houston/TMac experiment finally comes to an end. The guy is talented but way too injury prone. Trade him for young talent and hope Yao can stay healthy.