Pages : [1] 2

stretch
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
play vince young, moron

collins sucks, always has, always will. a natural born loser

young has done nothing but find ways to win, even in bad performances

SpuronyourFace
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
At this point what the fuck right. See if Vince can do anything.

Dr. Gonzo
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
He must be showing absolutely nothing in practice if he isn't even an option at this point.

dirk4mvp
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I hope he plays next Sunday so Mathis and Freeney can chode bload his sorry ass.

IronMexican
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
He gives all awareness +5 on Madden. I always sign him when the Titans fire him.

rjv
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
they may as well do that now

but i would not expect much from vince young

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 11:19 AM
When I saw the score, I wondered if Vince Young had made it into the game. He couldn't have done much worse. It's like last year with Brad Johnson. I was screaming for Brooks Bollinger to get in the game. Even said, he could throw 3 interceptions on his first 3 passes and I wouldn't care. I was just so tired of seeing Brad Johnson in the game.

I'd imagine that Titans fans are feeling that way about Collins right now.

benefactor
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Please play him...please. That way it's a guarantee that the Tacks will keep on sucking.

Here's to 0-5...and may Bud Adams burn in hell. :toast

TFloss32
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
If Vince Young is ever going to be successful as a member of the Titans, this is the ideal time to insert him in the lineup. The bar is set low right now seeing as how they are a winless team with a bad defense. It could be the perfect time for him to regain any confidence lost.

I hope he plays next Sunday so Mathis and
Freeney can chode bload his sorry ass.

He's had great success agains the Colts. Be careful what you wish for. Even if Vince got in and played awesome, they would probably lose because their D sucks.

Please play him...please. That way it's a guarantee that the Tacks will keep on sucking.

Here's to 0-5...and may Bud Adams burn in hell. :toast

I'm not sure why people hate on VY so much, unless it's because he was wildly successful in college and people love it when he finally plays poorly. He had a stellar rookie year and a so-so sophomore effort (both years the Titans were a playoff team). He hasn't done anything to prove he can't at least be a run-of-the-mill NFL QB.

He must be showing absolutely nothing in practice if he isn't even an option at this point.

Who says he's not an option? It's a big decision to bench your starting QB.

DBryant88
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Sign Back Patrick Ramsey!!!!!

Dr. Gonzo
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Who says he's not an option? It's a big decision to bench your starting QB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4532772

"Kerry gives us our best chance to win,'' coach Jeff Fisher said Sunday after a 37-17 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=jac).

Sounds like he isn't an option to me.

Kermit
10-05-2009, 12:00 PM
After everything that happened last year, Fisher's not going to play him at 0-15. He's done with the Titans. Hopefully he'll get a shot with another franchise.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4532772

"Kerry gives us our best chance to win,'' coach Jeff Fisher said Sunday after a 37-17 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=jac).

Jeff Fisher can say things like that because he's Jeff Fisher, the longest tenured coach in the NFL with 1 team.

Having said that, he's probably going to be stubborn and play Collins 2 more games. If the Titans end up at 1-5 or worse, Collins should be done. He really should have been done after the first half of the last game, but yeah.

MajorMike
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM

... yeah, except for that whole 2007 9 TD 17 INT season that ended with the 'Colts bench 95% of the starters and the Titans still barely win' game.

And that whole 2008, "oh noes, I'm not the starter so I'll have to fake my own disappearance so people will actually care about me" thing.

And that whole, boy did I ever suck donkey balls in the 2009 pre-season.

Yeah, other than that, Young is always an upstanding fella and a winner.

Fearless prediction:
Young will be cut during the offseason; bank on it.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure why people hate on VY so much, unless it's because he was wildly successful in college and people love it when he finally plays poorly. He had a stellar rookie year and a so-so sophomore effort (both years the Titans were a playoff team). He hasn't done anything to prove he can't at least be a run-of-the-mill NFL QB.

Finally plays poorly? Stellar rookie year? I'll give a pass on his play as a rook because he was a rook but his play since then hasn't improved in the least bit.

And saying Young had a so-so 2nd year is like saying Russell is having a so-so year thus far.

Barring a miracle, he's done in Tennessee.

symple19
10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Where's Ryan Leaf?

Blake
10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
.....and with the #3 pick in the draft.....the titans select....colt mccoy....

that would be awesome for so many reasons.

symple19
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
.....and with the #3 pick in the draft.....the titans select....colt mccoy....

that would be awesome for so many reasons.

that little guy won't be going that high dude...But I suppose a Vince/Colt preseason battle would be amusing

TFloss32
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM

That's called working the media and saying the correct things...see it for what it is. He's just buying himself and Kerry Collins as much time as possible because he doesn't want to have to make a drastic change in his lineup unless absolutely necessary (especially since no one believes in Vince Young). He's just prolonging the inevitable, IMO, seeing as how Collins is on the other side of 35 and they could lose their next four games (Colts, Pats, Jags, 49ers).

Fearless prediction:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/1695/vince-young-s-cap-implications

Highly doubtful considering Bud Adams is one of VY's biggest fans and they would save more money by waiting a year longer and cutting him in 2011. He will take over for Kerry Collins at some point this season or he will eventually be traded. I guarantee you eyes would light up around the league and the Titans would receive calls if VY was made available. I know you'd love to see him simply be cut, but it's not logical to do so. Possible...but not logical. Still upset about that come-from-behind win in Stillwater, huh?

Finally plays poorly? Stellar rookie year? I'll give a pass on his play as a rook because he was a rook but his play since then hasn't improved in the least bit.

By finally playing poorly, I'm stating that the guy has been regarded as a freak of nature and treated like the second coming since his high school days (I'm assuming you're not from Texas). It wasn't until his second year in the NFL that he showed he was human and capable of screwing up.

You'll take a pass on his rookie year because you know it was a stellar year for him. He was far and away the most impressive offensive first year player and he had some incredible performances. He was selected as Rookie of the Year and a Pro-Bowl alternate for a reason. He's proven he can play.

And saying Young had a so-so 2nd year is like saying Russell is having a so-so year thus far.

It's not the same at all, actually. The Titans went to the Playoffs with Vince Young and the Raiders will continue to go nowhere.

All in all, I don't understand how people can come to such a concrete conclusion about a guy after he's played one great year and one bad year in the NFL.

IronMexican
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Vince went to playoffs once as a Starter. Where are you getting the second year form?

They went 8-8 in 2006 and missed the playoffs. In 2007, they barely beat out the Browns. In 2008, he was benched after the first or second game and the Titans finished 13-3.

TFloss32
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Vince went to playoffs once as a Starter. Where are you getting the second year form?

I apologize, I got 2006 mixed up and forgot they barely missed the AFC wildcard. I'll fix my post.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-06-2009, 11:47 AM
He gives all awareness +5 on Madden. I always sign him when the Titans fire him.

:lmao me too

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/73/74/vince_young.0.0.0x0.432x339.jpeg

J.T.
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Everyone forgets that Vince made the playoffs because Dungy was doing Fisher a favor (which ended up getting his own team booted from the playoffs).

Vince barely beat 85% of the Colts third-quarter preseason defense.

MajorMike
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Highly doubtful considering Bud Adams is one of VY's biggest fans and they would save more money by waiting a year longer and cutting him in 2011. He will take over for Kerry Collins at some point this season or he will eventually be traded. I guarantee you eyes would light up around the league and the Titans would receive calls if VY was made available. I know you'd love to see him simply be cut, but it's not logical to do so. Possible...but not logical. Still upset about that come-from-behind win in Stillwater, huh?

VY has a base salary of 7.5 mil for 2010. His roster bonus is 4.25. Because of escalators, his total cap number for 2010 will be 14.21 mil. 14+ mil for a headcase on the bench. They will have to pay him to cut him, but they would save 9.29 mil if they just flat cut him. His cap number goes up to over 15 mil in 2011.

Buh-bye.

TFloss32
10-06-2009, 02:11 PM
VY has a base salary of 7.5 mil for 2010. His roster bonus is 4.25. Because of escalators, his total cap number for 2010 will be 14.21 mil. 14+ mil for a headcase on the bench. They will have to pay him to cut him, but they would save 9.29 mil if they just flat cut him. His cap number goes up to over 15 mil in 2011.

Buh-bye.

I just don't envision this scenario unfolding, especially if the Titans continue down the road they're currently on. They could be 0-8 at the start of Week 10. What if Kerry Collins gets pulled (people are already calling for it) and Vince Young plays decent the rest of the way? I doubt he can play worse than Kerry is right now. Collins' INT rate is already worse than Vince's from last season.

I, personally, hope he gets cut or traded to a team that wants him to be their QB. That would be a good start in order for him to make a resurgence in the NFL. He's definitely not a Titan in the long-term as long as Jeff Fisher is around. With that said, I still don't think they flat out cut him. It would be a big mistake, IMO, to not try and get something for him in return.

MajorMike
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm sure they WANT him to be their QB, especially with the money they are paying him. Unfortunately, he hasn't played decent enough to beat out an almost 38-year old re-re-retread.

The most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB.

stretch
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
lol osu fan

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
They should've kept Chris Simms. He would be a better option than VY.

MajorMike
10-06-2009, 03:56 PM
lol osu fan

lol, mavs fan

TFloss32
10-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm sure they WANT him to be their QB, especially with the money they are paying him. Unfortunately, he hasn't played decent enough to beat out an almost 38-year old re-re-retread.

The most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB.

I think Bud Adams does, but not so sure about Jeff Fisher (especially after VY's "disappearance.") I think their relationship is strained to say the least. I just feel like Vince needs a fresh start if he's ever going to be successful.

They should've kept Chris Simms. He would be a better option than VY.

Glad you could bring some relevant insight into this conversation.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Glad you could bring some relevant insight into this conversation.

Tell me how Chris Simms wouldn't be a better than VY?

Oh right because VY won in college and you are probably a UT homer. I get it.

LOL texans
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, at least he always beats and owns the Texans, so that could be an easy win for the Titans.

stretch
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
lol, mavs fan

mavs in basketball >>>>>> osu in college football

ut in college football >>>>>> spurs in basketball

me >>>>>> you

MajorMike
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
mavs in basketball >>>>>> osu in college football

ut in college football >>>>>> spurs in basketball

me >>>>>> you

mavs have as many championships as OSU football does.

Spurs have more championships than UT football does.

I have more relvancy than you ever thought about; plus I didn't throw in the third-grade school-yard jab for no reason without being able to follow up.

I think that wraps that annoyance.

I dunno about the Simms comment, but using college success is setting you up for failure; college good do not translate to pro goods.

Kermit
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM

I have more relvancy than you ever thought about; plus I didn't throw in the third-grade school-yard jab for no reason without being able to follow up.

I dunno about the Simms comment, but using college success is setting you up for failure; college good do not translate to pro goods.

They both have four dill-hole.

Blake
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
that little guy won't be going that high dude...But I suppose a Vince/Colt preseason battle would be amusing

I absolutely agree that he shouldn't go that high. Hell, a 6th round pick might be too high.....

but I think some GM will get caught up in the hype machine and draft him way too early.

Blake
10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
either play vince young or cut him

the cowboys need a qb

Kitna >>>>> Vince

Blake
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM

young can't even win against an old fart Kerry Collins in training camp.

Jeff Fisher knows what he is doing. You don't.

lol, raiderfan thinking this year's team was going to be good
lol, trade future for an old D lineman
lol, Jamarcus Rumple
lol, Mcfadden
lol, Heywood Bey
lol, you

stretch
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM

mavs are actually relevant at times

osu is never relevant. only in their own minds

are you retarded? do your research

lol osu

thank goodness you are a raiders fan, otherwise you might be as much of a moron as blake. fucking tech fans

stretch
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
young can't even win against an old fart Kerry Collins in training camp.

Jeff Fisher knows what he is doing. You don't.

lol, raiderfan thinking this year's team was going to be good
lol, trade future for an old D lineman
lol, Jamarcus Rumple
lol, Mcfadden
lol, Heywood Bey
lol, you

lol tech

10-07-2009, 02:21 AM
It wasn't until his second year in the NFL that he showed he was human and capable of screwing up.

Actually, after his second year, Mawae pretty much confirmed that the guy is an idiot. KM went on the radio and said VY didn't know many of the play calls, formations, etc and instead of calling a TO, just improvised and did what he wanted. Coaches love that.

You'll take a pass on his rookie year because you know it was a stellar year for him. He was far and away the most impressive offensive first year player and he had some incredible performances. He was selected as Rookie of the Year and a Pro-Bowl alternate for a reason. He's proven he can play.

He wasn't impressive as a passer his rookie year. Almost of the plays he made were done with his legs. His mechanics were poor, slow release and his ability to read defenses was poor. But he was a rook, and a lot of rookie QBs come into the NFL overwhelmed. Hence, the pass.

Was he really far and away the most impressive rookie? MJD had an amazing rookie year with 16 TDs, the 3rd most all-purpose yards for a rook in the history of the game and the best YPC in the NFL since some guy named Barry.

MJD was robbed and the only reason VY won it is because QBs trump RBs in these types of votes.

And proven he can play? GTFO. The league is littered with guys that have one good year or a good stretch of games, go to the playoffs and are never heard from again. Just ask Tim Couch.

It's not the same at all, actually. The Titans went to the Playoffs with Vince Young and the Raiders will continue to go nowhere.

Yes, they went to the playoffs in spite of VY. His decision making got even worse his second year when he the option to run wasn't as pronounced because of a quad injury and because defensive coordinators simply made VY beat them. Unless you think a 1:1.89 TD/INT ratio is good.

And this is a guy who said he was going to shut up and work and then a few weeks/months later went on the radio and pretty much asked for a trade. The guy is simply a fucking idiot.

All this and we haven't even discussed his implosion last year. Fisher can't trust the guy and it shows in his reluctance to start him on an 0-4 team that needs a spark.

Kermit
10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Actually, after his second year, Mawae pretty much confirmed that the guy is an idiot. KM went on the radio and said VY didn't know many of the play calls, formations, etc and instead of calling a TO, just improvised and did what he wanted. Coaches love that.

He wasn't impressive as a passer his rookie year. Almost of the plays he made were done with his legs. His mechanics were poor, slow release and his ability to read defenses was poor. But he was a rook, and a lot of rookie QBs come into the NFL overwhelmed. Hence, the pass.

Was he really far and away the most impressive rookie? MJD had an amazing rookie year with 16 TDs, the 3rd most all-purpose yards for a rook in the history of the game and the best YPC in the NFL since some guy named Barry.

MJD was robbed and the only reason VY won it is because QBs trump RBs in these types of votes.

And proven he can play? GTFO. The league is littered with guys that have one good year or a good stretch of games, go to the playoffs and are never heard from again. Just ask Tim Couch.

Yes, they went to the playoffs in spite of VY. His decision making got even worse his second year when he the option to run wasn't as pronounced because of a quad injury and because defensive coordinators simply made VY beat them. Unless you think a 1:1.89 TD/INT ratio is good.

And this is a guy who said he was going to shut up and work and then a few weeks/months later went on the radio and pretty much asked for a trade. The guy is simply a fucking idiot.

All this and we haven't even discussed his implosion last year. Fisher can't trust the guy and it shows in his reluctance to start him on an 0-4 team that needs a spark.

This. Still, I would like to see him get some sort of redemption out of this fiasco. He can't play much worse than Collins is right now (well, hopefully). If they lose the next one, I'm sure that he will at least get one shot before they yank him real quick and put in Ramsey.

MajorMike
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
mavs are actually relevant at times

osu is never relevant. only in their own minds

are you retarded? do your research

lol osu

thank goodness you are a raiders fan, otherwise you might be as much of a moron as blake. fucking tech fans

lol mavs fan

MajorMike
10-07-2009, 09:01 AM
yes, they went to the playoffs in spite of vy. His decision making got even worse his second year when he the option to run wasn't as pronounced because of a quad injury and because defensive coordinators simply made vy beat them. Unless you think a 1:1.89 td/int ratio is good.

+1

dirk4mvp
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
stretch's favorite qb list.

1) McNabb

2) Young

3) Vick

4) David Garrard

5) Josh Johnson

stretch
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
lol colts

Blake
10-07-2009, 11:05 PM
lol tech

lol another failed thread

lol you know jack shit about the nfl

stretch
10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
lol boards biggest dumbfuck talking shit

lol beefanus > you

dirk4mvp
10-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Vince Young is going to the hall of fame.

Kermit
10-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Vince Young is going to the hall of fame.

College Football H.O.F. Without a doubt.

2Cleva
10-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm a longtime Tenn Titans fan and have a few connects who cover the org.

Jeff Fisher has a huge anti-VY bias. In general, he doesn't want his QBs to run. Yes, McNair had success but that's not the way Fisher wants it.

After his rookie year, he basically told VY that if he didn't become a pocket passer he was outta Tenn.

Hence VY's 2nd year - you see him very tentative to run. He was trying to play the pocket scheme Chow ran. Chow eventually was looking to change the offense to suit VY better but Fisher didn't want to hear that and sent Chow packing.

When VY had the episode of not wanting to go back in the game right away (stories on this always have been conflicting), Fisher took that opportunity to bench him. The whole suicide story that Fisher put out there? Even the police involved questioned and didn't see the threat. But after Collin's success, no way Fisher was going back to VY.

Onto this season. VY looked very good in a couple preseason games. Horrible (as the whole team did) against Dallas, and so-so in the one other. But the QB position was never an open competition. One of KC's demands to return was him to be guaranteed the starting job - what Fisher was too willing to accept. He regretted it when Cutler became available because he tried to trade for him but no dice.

Anyway, where it is now - Fisher never wants VY to start in Tenn again. Him asking out of the game was a cardinal sin in Fisher's mind - he's dead to him. But Fisher didn't chose for VY to start the first time - Owner Bud Adams did. Fisher of course went on with it because he was really on the hot seat and VY saved his job.

Now, I fully expect Tenn to be 0-6 with Indy and NE next up on the schedule. Then Bud will again make VY the starter. Mike Heimerdinger actually has advocated using VY more this year but Fisher isn't hearing it. This time, if/when VY gets in the lineup and they win, it won't save Fisher's job, it will get him fired because his personal bias is hurting the franchise.

Fisher always has shown too much loyalty to old vet players instead of playing the guys with talent. Guys like Keith Bulluck had to sit a year or 2 before they were starters even though they were clearly talented. Fisher is a great coach to motivate a rebuilding club but he doesn't have the creativity or vision to get a team over the top to the promise land.

BTW - Next season will be an uncapped season. If Bud wants VY (which he does now) he'll stay. If Fisher still has almost complete control as he does now (he's the de facto GM and in charge of personnel) then VY will be gone after the season. Haynesworth knew he was gone for the same reasons - Tenn never even made him a real offer. Again, he got in Fisher's doghouse and once there, you're gone in Tenn.

2Cleva
10-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Just got word that the Titans owner already has made the call for VY to start. Not sure if Fisher is agreeing but VY will be freed to a degree. I'm guessing Fisher tries to run the ball a lot more (Collins has the 2nd most pass attempts in the league, despite Tenn only down big in their last game) to stay close and prevent VY from getting on the field.

dirk4mvp
10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
College Football H.O.F. Without a doubt.

He also said he was a lock for the nfl hall of fame.

lol vince young homers

TFloss32
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Tell me how Chris Simms wouldn't be a better than VY?

Oh right because VY won in college and you are probably a UT homer. I get it.

No, you tell me how Chris Simms would be a better option than VY. I've already brought facts to the table. You're the one spouting off criticism (probably because you've waited to hate on this guy for years) without any logic behind it. You can only go so far when trashing someone before you start losing credibility. Nobody would take Simms over VY in their right mind. Get real Gonzo. In addition to that, why would it matter if I was a UT homer or not? Both Simms and VY went to UT! Solid argument :rolleyes.

Yes, you just reiterated what I stated previously. The majority of people didn't start criticizing VY until his second year in the NFL. I'm aware of the interview with Kevin Mawae. He did mention he had his doubts about VY being able to understand an NFL offense. But, to Vince's credit, he also stated that he felt VY's "lack of progress" was due to the fact that there were also lots of young players in the huddle who didn't quite have a grasp of the offense themeselves. Mawae admitted that the lack of offensive weapons around Vince seriously hurt their offense, especially when injuries came into play.

That still doesn't take away from what he accomplished during his rookie year. And a quarterbacks mechanics are a quarterbacks mechanics. He throws in the NFL the way he's thrown his entire life. Plus, great mechanics does not necessarily mean success in the NFL.

IMO (and many others) VY was the most impressive offensive rookie in the 2006 season. He played 3 less games than MJD and still had 500 more total yards and more touchdowns. MJD was also on a better team than VY. How was he robbed of the Offensive ROY of the year exactly?

Your argument that QBs always trump RBs in this kind of voting couldn't be more incorrect. Besides VY and Ben Roethlisberger, you have to go all the way back to 1970 to find a QB who won the Offensive ROY. RBs and WRs always win this award...not QBs.

True...and how many years have those guys been in the NFL? A lot longer than Vince has. The guy has had ONE good year and ONE bad year. Yet you've somehow come to the conclusion that he's incapable of being an NFL quarterback? A "sophomore slump" happens to many, many athletes. You're being extremely premature when trashing VY. And let's wait until Vince sinks to the depths of the CFL or gets banned for HGH before we compare him to Tim Couch. You're starting to reach for comparisons like Gonzo.

Smartest thing you've said so far. So, what about in 2006 when the Titans barely missed the Playoffs because of everything VY did, and in spite of what the rest of the team failed to do? The guy went 8-5 with basically the worst defense in the league (31st out of 32). Once again, one bad year and one good year.

Vince's "disappearance" was unfortunate and showed his immaturity as a professional. However, Jeff Fisher has never had confidence in VY or been comfortable with him leading the team. Fisher and Norm Chow didn't even want to draft Vince Young...they wanted Matt Leinart. Bud Adams will be the reason VY gets any playing time in the immediate future. Jeff Fisher will hold onto Collins as long as he can even though he should be thanking Vince for saving his ass/job in 2006.

This. Still, I would like to see him get some sort of redemption out of this fiasco. He can't play much worse than Collins is right now (well, hopefully). If they lose the next one, I'm sure that he will at least get one shot before they yank him real quick and put in Ramsey.

Ramsey was cut on Saturday so that the Titans could activate a player fom the practice squad. Collins and VY are the only QBs on the roster as of right now.

TFloss32
10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Great analysis 2Cleva. Some people can't see the situation for what it is. The guy needs a fresh start.

10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Now it's a conspiracy? Too funny.

I can see the situation for what it it is. You pretty much absolved VY of any wrong doing.

Him being a dolt that doesn't know the playbook? That's the fault of the other young guys on the team.

Him breaking down and bailing on his teammates? That goes all the way back to the draft and it's Fisher's fault.

Him not being able to throw the ball? Needs playmakers, which oddly enough makes a QB make better reads and speeds up a piss-poor throwing motion.

He can bounce back, but I highly doubt he's worked on his game enough, or at all, to be a successful QB. Lost in his meltdown last year was the fact that he was simply awful in the preseason and in that JAX game.

And did you really say that Vince was the only reason they went 8-3 his rookie year? You do realize that his inept D carried him in a few games where he had a hard time completing 8 passes, right?

Unless he's the one who made all those D/ST TD returns, too.

2Cleva
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Not a conspiracy.

Jeff Fisher is known to take things very personnel and hold grudges when it comes to players on the team. Nothing new. VY pissed him off. End of Story with regards to Fisher.

Dr. Gonzo
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
No, you tell me how Chris Simms would be a better option than VY. I've already brought facts to the table. You're the one spouting off criticism (probably because you've waited to hate on this guy for years) without any logic behind it. You can only go so far when trashing someone before you start losing credibility. Nobody would take Simms over VY in their right mind. Get real Gonzo. In addition to that, why would it matter if I was a UT homer or not? Both Simms and VY went to UT! Solid argument :rolleyes.

Chris Simms has had a productive season which his numbers, QB Rating, Yards, TD/INT ratio are all better than VY in his best season.

In 2005 Simms had 2035 yards passing 10 TDs and 7 INTs with a 81.4 QB rating.

In VY's best year, which was 2006, he had 2199 yards passing 12 TDs and 13 INTs with a 66.7 QB rating.

In their best seasons, which were only 1 year apart, they up similar passing yard but Simms was able to throw more TD passes with less INTs and has a much high QB rating. He can throw the ball well and is the type of QB the Fisher likes. A smart one that can throw farther than 15 yards down field and isn't a complete dumbshit.

To UT homers, VY is God. There is no QB that will do greater to him in their eyes. Even if Simms was a UT QB he will never be seen in the same level as VY.

And to the dude that said Fisher hates running QBs, what do you think McNair was? He came from an option offense at Alcorn State and was always seen as a running QB.

Blake
10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
lol boards biggest dumbfuck talking shit

lol beefanus > you

:lol

keep your credit union day job. that beefanus routine you got going is less than unfunny.

lol, you thinking the raiders were gonna be badass this year

lol, fucking idiot

Cant_Be_Faded
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
If they keep losing, and VY says the right things, he has an outside chance to be played.

If he wins more games than he loses while playing, that will be that.

Blake
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
And to the dude that said Fisher hates running QBs, what do you think McNair was? He came from an option offense at Alcorn State and was always seen as a running QB.

McNair passed for 14,000 yards in college and was in the shotgun 90% of the time.

stretch
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
:lol

keep your credit union day job. that beefanus routine you got going is less than unfunny.

lol, you thinking the raiders were gonna be badass this year

lol, fucking idiot

lol thinking im beefanus

lol thinking tech was ever relevant

lol cant think of his own schtick so you copy mine

lol also copying dirk4mvp in thinking im beefanus and making fun of the raiders every chance you get

lol get your own fucking jokes faggot

McNair passed for 14,000 yards in college and was in the shotgun 90% of the time.

lol saying someone smart for once

he wasnt called "air mcnair" for nothing

dirk4mvp
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
of course phillip would be a mcnair fanatic.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 09:30 AM
To say he was not a rushing QB at the start of his career is inaccurate. He rushed for over 600 yards his first full year as a starter. Slowly he became more of a passer than rusher.

Kermit
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
To say he was not a rushing QB at the start of his career is inaccurate. He rushed for over 600 yards his first full year as a starter. Slowly he became more of a passer than rusher.

Well, if he plays they should probably go back to that model considering that everytime he throws the ball it's either an interception or an incompletion.

MajorMike
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Fearless prediction:

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I wonder if Young would get so much unwarranted praise if he went to Southern Idaho Junior College.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I wonder if Young would get so much unwarranted praise if he went to Southern Idaho Junior College.

Obviously not, beating the Colt's 3rd string defense to make the playoffs deserves praise!!!

J.T.
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Sounds like that school doesn't even have a football team

TFloss32
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Now it's a conspiracy? Too funny.

I can see the situation for what it it is. You pretty much absolved VY of any wrong doing.

Him being a dolt that doesn't know the playbook? That's the fault of the other young guys on the team..

Conspiracy? Hardly. You know it's not because VY failing means Jeff Fisher and Norm Chow fail as well. Vince was the reason Jeff Fisher kept his job in 2006 after the Titans started exactly the same way they've started 2009.

No, I'm not absolving him of doing anything wrong. I already admitted he had a bad second year. I was simply paraphrasing what Kevin Mawae stated in his interview. He mentioned Vince's lack of development was partly due to the lack of offensive weapons and inexperience around him. I, basically, implied that it doesn't help when you have a coach that doesn't like you, players who don't know what they're doing themselves and veterans failing to correct you when you make mistakes.

And did you really say that Vince was the only reason they went 8-3 his rookie year? You do realize that his inept D carried him in a few games where he had a hard time completing 8 passes, right?

No, I said Vince went 8-5. Two of those game that he completed 8 passes, he didn't throw more than 15 times. For Vince to lead a previously 4-12 team with the 31st worst defense in the league and barely miss the Playoffs, that says something. Give credit where credit is due.

Chris Simms has had a productive season which his numbers, QB Rating, Yards, TD/INT ratio are all better than VY in his best season.

Funny how you compare Simms' best season to VY's rookie season and the numbers are hardly better. Factor in what Vince did with his legs and it's no contest. There's a reason Simms is currently on the third team of his career.

Even if Simms was a UT QB he will never be seen in the same level as VY.

Chris Simms was a UT QB. He'll never be seen on the same level because he was the obnoxious son of an NFL Hall-of-Famer who played over Major Applewhite and made terrible decisions. Plus, VY is arguably the best college player ever. Of course he's not on the same level as VY! Simms' stats may say otherwise, but he's not even seen as a Top 5 QB in the history of the school because he never accomplished anything important like the following guys: Young, McCoy, Applewhite, Street and Layne.

Obviously not, beating the Colt's 3rd string defense to make the playoffs deserves praise!!!

Beating the defending champion Colts in 2006 or losing to them twice by a combined three points doesn't count though...

Hey, the Golden Eagles are legit...

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Funny how you compare Simms' best season to VY's rookie season and the numbers are hardly better. Factor in what Vince did with his legs and it's no contest. There's a reason Simms is currently on the third team of his career.

VY's rookie season was his best season and will be the best season of his career.

IronMexican
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
VY just needs to do what McNabb is. A Quarterback who can run, and not a running Quarterback.

A lot harder than it sounds, though.

TFloss32
10-09-2009, 01:38 PM
VY's rookie season was his best season and will be the best season of his career.

Bold statement for a guy who's been in the league two years. Are you sure you're a doctor?

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 01:39 PM
VY just needs to do what McNabb is. A Quarterback who can run, and not a running Quarterback.

A lot harder than it sounds, though.

McNabb has a good arm and is an accurate passer. VY is not. That's the difference.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Bold statement for a guy who's been in the league two years. Are you sure you're a doctor?

I would put money on that fact that he will be out of the league in less than 3 years and will never put up numbers anywhere near as good as his rookie season.

TFloss32
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, I'll make a mental note to post on October 9, 2012.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM

:tu

10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Ah, I remember now:

At some point, you have to make throws from the pocket in the passing game. He'll have some good games, but week in and week out, every week is chaos to him.

If your biggest threat is pulling it down and running, maybe there's a reason.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
But he won a ring at UT. That automatically means he will be great in the NFL.

MajorMike
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM

My youngest will be 5 that day.

Kermit
10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
but he's not even seen as a Top 5 QB in the history of the school because he never accomplished anything important like the following guys: Young, McCoy, Applewhite, Street and Layne.

Please tell me what Applewhite and McCoy have accomplished that Simms did not.

TFloss32
10-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Ah, I remember now:

At some point, you have to make throws from the pocket in the passing game. He'll have some good games, but week in and week out, every week is chaos to him.

If your biggest threat is pulling it down and running, maybe there's a reason.

If the Titans continue to play poorly and Fisher fails to play Vince, then they're denying themselves an opportunity to fully evaluate which direction the team should go in the future (cut Vince, draft a QB in 2010, etc).

But he won a ring at UT. That automatically means he will be great in the NFL.
:deadhorse

Please tell me what Applewhite and McCoy have accomplished that Simms did not.

They've both beaten Oklahoma multiple times...should I continue?

Kermit
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
If the Titans continue to play poorly and Fisher fails to play Vince, then they're denying themselves an opportunity to fully evaluate which direction the team should go in the future (cut Vince, draft a QB in 2010, etc).

:deadhorse

They've both beaten Oklahoma multiple times...should I continue?

Okay. How many Big 12 titles and National Championships did they win? And don't tell me you're going to put all of the OU losses on Simms. That would be major revisionist history.

Kermit
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Applewhite lost to Stanford. Both had a part in that 63-14 abortion. Dude tears his ACL. By the way, how many times did Vince beat OU? It was an epidemic, up until Greg Robinson's arrival. You can put some of those OU losses on Greg and Mack as well (and Roy Williams).

tim_duncan_fan
10-11-2009, 12:40 AM
There are 2 types of people who hate Vince Young:

1. You have your "Black people can't play QB" racists

2. And you have UT haters.

IronMexican
10-11-2009, 12:51 AM

A black horns fan. hahah.

tim_duncan_fan
10-11-2009, 02:23 AM
A black horns fan. hahah.

Yep. You're right.

Do you know who else is right? Me.

What other reasons might people have to dislike a guy who gives back to his community and doesn't get into trouble???

Oh! One more---some Houston Texans fans hate him too.

Blake
10-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Yep. You're right.

Do you know who else is right? Me.

What other reasons might people have to dislike a guy who gives back to his community and doesn't get into trouble???

Oh! One more---some Houston Texans fans hate him too.

I don't hate VY and him being Black has nothing to do with the fact that he can't play QB. He sucks regardless of the color of his skin.

Blake
10-11-2009, 02:35 AM
lol thinking im beefanus

lol thinking tech was ever relevant

lol cant think of his own schtick so you copy mine

lol also copying dirk4mvp in thinking im beefanus and making fun of the raiders every chance you get

lol get your own fucking jokes faggot

lol 39-33

lol raiders

lol cant think of your own schtick so you copy leonard/spursdynasty with a failed beefanus

lol "trollable"

lol fucking moron

10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
One scramble, one dropped pass and he almost threw 2 INTs during his first series.

Looks like the same QB to me.

The Franchise
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
One scramble, one dropped pass and he almost threw 2 INTs during his first series.

Kind of hard to perform when you're being asked to come in down 22, the defense is headhunting, and you're entire team threw in the towel 15 minutes before your insertion.

10-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Ah, so the situation caused the poor throws? It's all just so unfair for VY.

He'll get the reps and starts soon enough. If he doesn't start making plays consistently with his arm, then he'll never be a good enough QB in the NFL.

stretch
10-11-2009, 10:47 PM

Ah, so the situation caused the poor throws? It's all just so unfair for VY.

You're a fucking idiot. One of the throws was off target (his very first throw), the other was right on, but the stupid receiver doesn't know that on a curl pattern, you have to come to the ball to keep the DB from picking it off. His scramble picked up a 1st down on a 3rd and 6.

Haterism at it's finest.

10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
You're a fucking idiot. One of the throws was off target (his very first throw), the other was right on, but the stupid receiver doesn't know that on a curl pattern, you have to come to the ball to keep the DB from picking it off. His scramble picked up a 1st down on a 3rd and 6.

Haterism at it's finest.

The curl was the dropped pass, no? So I don't get how that's blaming the guy, nut hugger.

Fact is, I don't think he has confidence in his arm or in his reads.

DAF86
10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Even if Vince Young sucks major ass 'till the end of the season they should still put and keep him on the starting line-up, the season is done for the Titans and Collins has no future, with VY you at least have the hope of improvement as he gets more experience.

10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Absolutely. While I don't think KC is the main problem, you need to know if VY has made any progress before outright releasing/trading the guy.

I don't think he's going to be successful because what he excels at isn't suited to the Fisher O.

Frankly, I don't know what type of NFL offense he needs to go to because few of them fit his game. He needs to go somewhere with an innovative, young OC IMO.

DAF86
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Absolutely. While I don't think KC is the main problem, you need to know if VY has made any progress before outright releasing/trading the guy.

I don't think he's going to be successful because what he excels at isn't suited to the Fisher O.

Frankly, I don't know what type of NFL offense he needs to go to because few of them fit his game. He needs to go somewhere with an innovative, young OC IMO.

Wildcat.

10-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Possibly, but it'd be pretty ballsy to run the WC as a your base offense.

IronMexican
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
You can't run the Wildcat for the entire game. I think NFL defenses would probably tear that apart.

DAF86
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I agree that the wild cat can't be use as your base offense but it (wildcat) can be use as an important part of it (offense)

DAF86
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
The Titans for example couldn't do much worse than what they're doing right now with some wildcat formations every now and then.

dirk4mvp
10-11-2009, 11:33 PM
You can't run the Wildcat for the entire game. I think NFL defenses would probably tear that apart.

inb4 unless if they player the Colts every game.

Blake
10-12-2009, 01:12 AM

Haterism at it's finest.

nut licking at it's finest

Kermit
10-12-2009, 07:19 AM

:lmao

you're going to judge on that?

dude, at least let him prepare for and start and play an entire fucking game first. baby jesus.

Kermit
10-12-2009, 07:22 AM
i mean seriously, the haters are almost as bad as the nut-lickers. it was a shitty situation to be inserted into. next week is going to suck worse, but at least he will have a week to prepare with the starters. joe motana would have looked like rex grossman in the situation vince came into last night.

10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh, twas just a barb. Believe me, after hearing how the guy was already a top 10 QB entering his 2nd year and the absurd proclamation that he'd be a top 2-3 QB by year 3, they deserve it.

I feel stupid for thinking the guy would work on his mechanics, though. His throwing motion and set-up do look untouched. That's not good.

Kermit
10-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh, twas just a barb. Believe me, after hearing how the guy was already a top 10 QB entering his 2nd year and the absurd proclamation that he'd be a top 2-3 QB by year 3, they deserve it.

I feel stupid for thinking the guy would work on his mechanics, though. His throwing motion and set-up do look untouched. That's not good.

what can i say. longhorn fan was excited but reality quickly set in. love the guy, and i hope that he will one day be serviceable but the hyperbole is gone.

10-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Don't worry, I saw him as an elite QB, too, if he tweaked his mechanics.

He should hook up with Martz. Mike is one of the few guys who can break down his throwing motion and build it back up on a much more solid foundation.

Kermit
10-12-2009, 08:55 AM
it's not even the motion so much as it is the decision. fisher has taken away that which made him special. he's not, nor will he ever be a pocket quarterback. shame. just once i would like to see him in some sort of zone read/wildcat hybrid where he can put his talents to use, but it will never, ever happen.

Kermit
10-12-2009, 09:19 AM
the vince era is over. either that or fisher will be fired at the end of the season. collins will start next week at n.e. damn. i held out at least a .0000001 % chance that young would get some looks but apparantly he's only good for mop up duty. so much for future vince.

stretch
10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
nut licking at it's finest

obsession at its finest

you always find your way into threads im in just to sniff my gooch

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm tired of riding Young's nuts. I need to find another black scrambling qb fast!

2Cleva
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
the vince era is over. either that or fisher will be fired at the end of the season. collins will start next week at n.e. damn. i held out at least a .0000001 % chance that young would get some looks but apparantly he's only good for mop up duty. so much for future vince.

No doubt. Either Fisher goes or VY (and a lot of other guys) goes.

stretch
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
lol im lame haa

yeah, i think im about to hop onto the troy smith bandwagon (or is there one?)

monosylab1k
10-12-2009, 11:05 AM
the question is how soon is dirk4mvp jumping off the Jevan Snead bandwagon?

monosylab1k
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
:lol this was on jevan snead's wikipedia page as of 30 seconds ago

Jevan Snead, who was once regarded as a potential Heisman Trophy Candidate, has recently been deemed physically incapable of playing Collegiate Football due to his inability to complete a pass (except to the opposing team).

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
the question is how soon is dirk4mvp jumping off the Jevan Snead bandwagon?

He's look about as bad as Brady this season so there's no where to go but up for both.

stretch
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
brady is actually good

snead actually sucks worse than jamarcus russell

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Snead has down syndrome, he doesn't cram his fat face in the locker room right after practice with super sized fast food meals.

lol tekka tech.

stretch
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Snead has down syndrome, he doesn't cram his fat face in the locker room right after practice with super sized fast food meals.

doesnt change the fact that he sucks 10x worse than jamarcus russell

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Not really. He'd be a huge upgrade over Russell at this point. But then again, who wouldn't? Looks like Merril Hodge was right all along.

But you can keep talking about college ball in an nfl thread since you're so butthurt about Vince Young.

stretch
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
lol i love bandwagonning, which is why my favorite teams are the mavs, colts, and ole miss rebels...

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
That's all you could come up with?

Who's your next favorite black scrambling qb?

lol vince young fans easy to troll.

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
That's all you could come up with?

Who's your next favorite black scrambling qb?

lol vince young fans easy to troll.

i said troy smith, dumbass

why dont you go steal more jokes from other posters like you tend to do

or go slit your wrists over your ex-girlfriend like you tried to before

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
lol stretch easily trollable

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
lol stretch easily trollable

lol, stealing my "lol" shtick

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I didn't realize how easily trollable you were. Or how scared you are to get your ass kicked in madden.

lol my xbox won't let me play it

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I didn't realize how easily trollable you were. Or how scared you are to get your ass kicked in madden.

lol my xbox won't let me play it

lol getting mad over my "trashtalking" about madden

i almost never even play madden

talk about getting trolled

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
> make a thread asking which poster is more trollable.

> end up becoming more trollable than 90210.

lol

Blake
10-13-2009, 12:37 AM
lol tekka tech.

fukka you

damn got me.

fuck you for trolling.

Blake
10-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Jamarcus> VY?

woo tough call

at least Jamarcus is starting.....and probably getting paid more....

stretch
10-13-2009, 07:30 AM
how is graham harrell doing in the pee-wee leagues?

Blake
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
how is graham harrell doing in the pee-wee leagues? lol harrell lol you trying too hard lol vy

stretch
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
it was an honest question

quit being such a vagina

IronMexican
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
stretch continues to get trolled.

stretch
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
lol iron mexican continually getting trolled in thinking stretch got trolled

Blake
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
lol iron mexican continually getting trolled in thinking stretch got trolled lol still butthurt lol still trying too hard

2Cleva
10-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Word is Fisher was summoned to Houston to meet with the Titans owner.

The end is near.

Ghazi
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
lol @ this thread

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Time for Fisher to be fired. The players don't seem to be listening anymore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I can't wait to hear stretch's explanation about how VY's awesomeness would have completely changed this game.

DPG21920
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Is everyone eating fish sticks in here?

dknights411
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
lol! This train wreck vs. the Patriots is fun to watch!

dirk4mvp
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
BenJarvus Green-Ellis getting some burn :smokin

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
38-0 in the first fucking half. :(

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
There needs to be a name created for this beat down....possibly "The Jeff Fisher Massacre" if he gets fired in the next week.

dirk4mvp
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
:lmao what a punt

Remember when the Titans were supposed to win the division this year?

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Why is Brady still in the game?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM

They don't want to get complacent. 38 point margins can disappear in a hurry.

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM

To get 5 touchdowns in a quarter.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Thats unneccessary, just run the damn clock out, its embarrassing enough as it is

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
45-0 in the first half!!! :lmao

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
If Jeff comes to VY and tells him to finish the game, Vince should slap the shit out of him. :lol

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Brady had a chance to get an NFL record and he did it. And if the Titans didn't like it they could have done something about it, like maybe put forth an effort.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Thats unneccessary, just run the damn clock out, its embarrassing enough as it is

If Tennessee has an issue with the Patriots scoring, they should do something about it.

djohn2oo8
haha, this would be ironic if Vince gets in and plays well, while he normally plays like shit, like his team today

Evil Angel
45-0 in the first half!!! :lmao
After what I'm seeing, I hope Brady gets hurt if he even starts the second half. They should have taken a knee instead of rubbing it in. Typical fucking Patriots.

dknights411
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM

I honestly don't mind. I need the fantasy points dammit!!!

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm pissed because where the fuck was this last week? If Brady was half as sharp last week as he is today, Pats beat the Broncos by 2 TD's or better.

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
:cry :cry :cry When the Patriots are winning too much, they should quit trying so that the other team doesn't feel bad :cry :cry :cry

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
If you don't like getting your teeth kicked in, then do something about it. The Titans have clearly given up and quit trying, which is way more classless than running up the score. You get paid millions of dollars to put forth an effort.

Evil Angel
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
If you don't like getting your teeth kicked in, then do something about it. The Titans have clearly given up and quit trying, which is way more classless than running up the score. You get paid millions of dollars to put forth an effort.

No doubt they quit. Not even a Oilers, ah errrr Titans fa here, just lack of class if Brady starts the 2nd. And it won't surprise me if he does. Then bring the house at him!

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 05:12 PM
just lack of class if Brady starts the 2nd.

He gets paid millions of dollars to play football, he's been struggling all season, and he's finally getting a rhythm. It would be stupid to pull him after one half. He needs to play at least through the 3rd quarter.

Meanwhile, some broke ass Chinese woman worked like hell and got paid a nickel in a sweatshop to make the cleats that the Titans are wearing, while they sit around not giving a shit, waiting for a million dollar payday.

And the Patriots are the ones with no class?

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
The game is unwinnable for the Titans, there is no need to risk injury to Brady

bostonguy
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I hope this is a sign of good things to come for Tom Brady. He looked like his 2007 self today. I am not expecting games where he is throwing 6 td's a game but I expect a more consistent and efficient Brady.

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM

I would try to take his knee out for starting the second half. It would be worth the fine.

Reeko_Htown
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
LMAO!

that is all.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I would try to take his knee out for starting the second half. It would be worth the fine.

You're right, I would too.....But you know things are bad when your game gets taken off of basic cable tv

dickface
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Yeah nice logic, you fucking dumbass. Nothing says "I don't appreciate your lack of class" like trying to hurt someone.

Rocket fan is still the biggest dumbshits on the forum, even after all these years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
The sentence, "It's classless for him to start the 2nd half, they should take his knee out," is one of the funniest self-contradicting examples I've ever seen.

dickface
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
The sentence, "It's classless for him to start the 2nd half, they should take his knee out," is one of the funniest self-contradicting examples I've ever seen.

Rocket Fan ain't too bright.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah nice logic, you fucking dumbass. Nothing says "I don't appreciate your lack of class" like trying to hurt someone.

Rocket fan is still the biggest dumbshits on the forum, even after all these years.

Well, if you're gonna risk injury to run up the score, then he deserves to get injured

Kermit
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
52-0, collins bitchass fumblin', vy still can't sniff p.t. fisher is good as gone after this shit. they can't pass, catch, tackle. can't do shit but quit and that's exactly what they did today. i've never seen a pro team take it up the rectum like that in any sport. ever.

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM

I'd still try to take his knee out you bitch.

dickface
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, if you're gonna risk injury to run up the score, then he deserves to get injured

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I would try to take his knee out for starting the second half.

So basically, you're saying that since Tennessee can't do anything to stop Brady, the should injure him so they don't have to?

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

To be fair I never said it was classless, I said if he wants to grandstand he gets what he deserves.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM

That's beside the point, you can't call Tom Brady and BB classless for running up the score when you're advocating to try to injure Brady.

dirk4mvp
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Damn and I was talking shit to my friend to who traded Andre Johnson and Chris Johnson for Moss and Brady :lol

dirk4mvp
10-18-2009, 05:36 PM
also

lol titans

DUNCANownsKOBE2
To be fair I never said it was classless, I said if he wants to grandstand he gets what he deserves.

Anyone who says that a team should try to injure someone should get what he deserves.

djohn2oo8
So basically, you're saying that since Tennessee can't do anything to stop Brady, the should injure him so they don't have to?

You're up by 52, the game is unwinnable, what is there left to be gained that is worth risking injury?

monosylab1k
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM

Oh, so anyone who grandstands deserves a shot to the knee. Well in that case Brandon Marshall's got all kinds of shit coming his way.

The Franchise
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone who says that a team should try to injure someone should get what he deserves.

I'll take it!!

Kermit
about to be 59. damn. i don't know what would be more demeaning, scoring or taking a knee.

Reeko_Htown
The titans should should take it. They put on Oiler Uniforms and expect nothing to happen. It's called Karma.

Kermit
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
even the backup is 5-5. both quarterbacks could have a perfect rating when this is over. hilarious.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
You're up by 52, the game is unwinnable, what is there left to be gained that is worth risking injury?

Let's see, um, you're finally starting to get in a rhythm with your receivers after being out for a year with an injury, could having more time to get on the same page with them be something to gain?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh, so anyone who grandstands deserves a shot to the knee. Well in that case Brandon Marshall's got all kinds of shit coming his way.

Grandstanding is only a problem when Brady does it, c'mon, we know that.

J.T.
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the 55 fantasy points, Tom. Hopefully whoever this Hoyer dude is fucks up and they put you back in the game.

san antonio spurs
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I fell bad for Fisher because he is a nice man, it would be great if this was against Mangini or Ryan.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Grandstanding is only a problem when Brady does it, c'mon, we know that.

Especially when you videotape play signals, and then destroy the tapes

bostonguy
10-18-2009, 05:48 PM
59 points. Wow.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Especially when you videotape play signals, and then destroy the tapes

So you just admitted you only care about it because it's Tom Brady and anyone else would bother you?

PixelPusher
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the 55 fantasy points, Tom. Hopefully whoever this Hoyer dude is fucks up and they put you back in the game.

And thanks for the 27 points for Welker so far. Damn, it's been feast of famine this year. I've already got 118 points and Matt Ryan hasn't played yet.

eyeh8u
has there ever been a forfeit in nfl history?

Kermit
interception vince. it gets funnier.

PixelPusher
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Are they still showing the game for you guys? My station switched over to the Jets/Bills an hour ago.

eyeh8u
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Are they still showing the game for you guys? My station switched over to the Jets/Bills an hour ago.

nfl.com gamecenter tracker for me

san antonio spurs
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
it's still on cbs (CBS HE)

dknights411
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM

I think only the New England markets are the only ones still watching the game right now (the Tennessee markets probably switched out of mercy).

dirk4mvp
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I think only the New England markets are the only ones still watching the game right now (the Tennessee markets probably switched out of mercy).

Unfortunately I'm still stuck watching it. Well actually it's not so bad watching the Titans lose like this.

jag
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
interception vince. it gets funnier.

haha

I don't know one single person here in TN who wants to see Vince Young ever walk out onto the field (except those who hate the Titans).

For the record, i'm convinced he can't read or write.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
For the record, i'm convinced he can't read or write.

His wonderlick IQ test results during the combine strongly indicate that.

jag
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
His wonderlick IQ test results during the combine strongly indicate that.

His Wonderlic score isn't even the half of it, but it should have been a huge red flag before the draft. And his inability to finish sentences in interviews should have been the final straw.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
His Wonderlic score isn't even the half of it, but it should have been a huge red flag before the draft. And his inability to finish sentences in interviews should have been the final straw.

Yeah I was joking, but you're right that drafting a QB who fucks up that much on an IQ test is asking for problems. Other than accuracy, intelligence is the most important part of a good QB.

Extra Stout
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Wow, not used to seeing an NFL team quit like that. Titans have no pride. Guess it's time for Fisher to go. He can catch on with a new team and keep doing his thing.

kamikazi_player
10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
If there's any coach that can turn around a 0-6 team, it's Jeff Fisher:lmao:lmao

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 08:33 AM
There's going to be some furniture moving around in Tennessee! Geez...that was hands down the worst thing I've ever seen. The first negative passing yardage by a team since the NFL/AFL merger?

I didn't even realize that Jeff Fisher's coaching record just isn't that good. 6 playoff appearances out of 16 seasons? Soon to be 17. What network do you think he'll work for next year? ESPN? CBS? Fox?

jag
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
It may not seem like it, but Jeff Fisher has some of the best job security of any coach in the NFL. He's not going anywhere.

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
It may not seem like it, but Jeff Fisher has some of the best job security of any coach in the NFL. He's not going anywhere.

I know he does and it's sad...I was being facetious. Find the Tennessean newspaper online and read the comments from the Nashville residents about Jeff Fisher after yesterday's game (if you want to call it that). Ouch!

2Cleva
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Tenn deserved all that ass-kicking yesterday and more. NE running up the score didn't bother me at all.

Sal Pal said this before last season and got blasted but he was right on point.

Another coach who seems to get a free pass is Jeff Fisher, the coach of the Titans.

Fisher, who rode Buddy Ryan's coattails to the NFL, still is riding high on the memory of one indelible image: being one yard short of defeating the high flying St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV.

At the start of the 2008 season, Fisher will be the NFL's longest tenured head coach. Why?

If you count 1994, when he finished out the year for Jack Pardee, Fisher is beginning his 15th season as head coach of the Oilers/Titans franchise. Let's say the 1994 season doesn't count (he went 1-5 to finish the year, yet got the permanent gig anyway). Fisher has gone to the postseason in just five of his 13 full seasons as a head coach. Five winning seasons. Four losing seasons. Four seasons of 8-8. And how exactly is that anything but mediocre?

Fisher's won-loss record of 115-99 (.537) barely cracks sea level, and his playoff record is 5-5. Yet, every year he is bathed in media holy water as one of the bright, young coaches in the league. When Bill Parcells retired from the Dallas Cowboys, it was rumored that Dallas owner Jerry Jones would pay any price to get Fisher down in Big D. Again, why?

But strip away the carefully crafted Fisher veneer and you get one mediocre head coach who doesn't deserve the constant doting of the national media.

Fisher grew up in Ryan's 46 defense. Yet, in all his years with the Oilers/Titans, Fisher's teams finished ranked better than 10th in points allowed just three times: 1995, 2000 and last season. Same story on offense. Only two seasons did Fisher's teams finish in the top 10 in points scored: 1999 and 2003.

Let's compare Fisher to another head coach who doesn't get nearly the lavish praise: Dennis Green. As of 2006, Green, too, had 13 seasons as a head coach. His record was 113-94 -- six more wins than Fisher over 13 seasons. Green made the playoffs in eight of those 13 seasons. Yet, Green is unemployed. Fisher is in demand.

While Green's poor showing in the playoffs (4-8) is constantly regurgitated, Fisher's failures in big games are overlooked. So, let's look.

Example 1: Titans finished the 2003 regular season 12-4, go to New England in the divisional playoffs. Lose to the Patriots, 17-14.

Example 2: Titans finished the 2002 regular season 11-5, lose to the Oakland Raiders in the AFC championship game. Bill Callahan's offense stomps all over the defensive genius -- 41-24 Raiders.

Example 3: Titans finished the 2000 regular season 13-3, win the old AFC Central for the first time. Don't forget, that year, Tennessee finished second in the league in fewest points allowed and total yards. Trent Dilfer and Ray Lewis & Co. just came into Nashville and stripped Fisher's team of its manhood: Baltimore, 24-10.

Example 4: Titans finish the 1999 regular season 13-3, advance to Super Bowl XXXIV against the Rams. Kurt Warner plays pitch and catch all day. Fisher's defense has no answer, allowing the winning 73-yard touchdown pass from Warner to Isaac Bruce with 1:54 left. Even with Steve McNair's late-game heroics factored in, Fisher's coaching performance should go down as one of the most overrated in Super Bowl history.

By the way, let's not forget something. It was Fisher who demanded the Titans draft Adam (Pacman) Jones in the first round over the objections of his scouting staff. Jones, the poster child for NFL bad boy behavior, was traded to the Cowboys for a song.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3417631

2Cleva
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
As for whats going on in Tenn now. Bud Adams has had enough. I believe no matter what, Fisher is out after the season.

His public words:

"If we end up losing every game or don't look better, I'd have to look at that pretty hard, you know what I mean?'' Adams said during a telephone interview Sunday night. "The way it is going, I don't know if we'll win any games, and that is unheard of in the National Football League.

"Right now, it's as bad as I've seen it, and that's a long time. I've never had a team start out like this. We had the best record in the NFL last year. I can't understand it.''..

"Even if I am unhappy, you don't make changes in the middle f the season. You don't know what you might end up with,'' Adams said of the coaching staff. "We'll just have to see what happens the rest of the way. I'll have to make my decision after the season is up. Who knows, we might come back and win 10 games. Then it wouldn't look so bad compared to how we started out. We have to look at the overall picture.

"But right now we're not doing very well, and that worries me.''...

"That is one of our problems, the coaching staff,'' Adams said.

But the owner indicated he wouldn't force Fisher to make changes.

"You can't do that in the season, that is not the way you do it," Adams said. "You have to wait until the season is over. The coaches have to be preparing for every game, and
it takes a lot of effort. You can't just get rid of people.''

As for a potential change at quarterback, Adams said he'd like to see Vince Young play more instead of starter Kerry Collins.

"I have been wanting him to play Vince Young more because Collins has been having his problems out there,'' Adams said. "I just think we need to find out how well (Young) can
do. If you don't play the guy and lose all your games, it is hard for you to see what he can do if he is not playing.

"Vince has won a lot of games for us. But Jeff is the one making those decisions; they are playing for him.''

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091019/SPORTS01/910190337/1027/Bud+Adams++can+t+understand++Titans++play

As for what's happening behind the scenes.....

Word is VY has a bad attitude towards JF because JF doesn't want him. That much is clear. JF explained in a closed door session to local media within the last couple of weeks that he isn't ever playing VY because of VY's attitude and work ethic. The relationship obviously is past any mending point but that was clear last year. Again, a lot of what happen last year was JF looking for a reason to sit VY.

Anyway, now Fisher knows he's screwed. He still doesn't want to play VY, even with the owner publically making it known. Don't obey the owner and he's fired. Obey the owner and VY does well and he's fired anyway for not making the call sooner.

Fisher is gone. Only question right now is if he finishes burning VY's bridge in Tenn or not.

Dr. Gonzo
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
As for whats going on in Tenn now. Bud Adams has had enough. I believe no matter what, Fisher is out after the season.

His public words:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091019/SPORTS01/910190337/1027/Bud+Adams++can+t+understand++Titans++play

As for what's happening behind the scenes.....

Word is VY has a bad attitude towards JF because JF doesn't want him. That much is clear. JF explained in a closed door session to local media within the last couple of weeks that he isn't ever playing VY because of VY's attitude and work ethic. The relationship obviously is past any mending point but that was clear last year. Again, a lot of what happen last year was JF looking for a reason to sit VY.

Anyway, now Fisher knows he's screwed. He still doesn't want to play VY, even with the owner publically making it known. Don't obey the owner and he's fired. Obey the owner and VY does well and he's fired anyway for not making the call sooner.

Fisher is gone. Only question right now is if he finishes burning VY's bridge in Tenn or not.

Maybe VY should have a better attitude and work ethic.

Kermit
10-19-2009, 04:17 PM

it's kind of hard to suck it up when you know you're not wanted and you're getting to play a game when your team is down 52-0 due in a small part to the quarterback play. vince's apathy is understandable. that team is an abortion and i'm sure everyone on it feels like mailing it in right now. sure looked that way on sunday.

Dr. Gonzo
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
it's kind of hard to suck it up when you know you're not wanted and you're getting to play a game when your team is down 52-0 due in a small part to the quarterback play. vince's apathy is understandable. that team is an abortion and i'm sure everyone on it feels like mailing it in right now. sure looked that way on sunday.

What was his excuse last season when they were doing well?

Kermit
10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
What was his excuse last season when they were doing well?

i think that's been documented more than enough.

TFloss32
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Maybe the Titans should win a game or two and this wouldn't even have to be discussed. From what I saw on Sunday, VY isn't the only player with a bad attitude. The Titans flat out gave up against the Patriots and that reflects upon Fisher. VY is the least of their problems at this point (he's not the one losing games) and Fisher will continue to dig himself into a deeper hole. He showed what an arrogant prick he is and his lack of respect for VY when he put him in at the end of a 59-0 route. For anyone whose ever played sports, that's as good as being spit on by your coach. How could you have a good attitude or want to work hard for a guy like that? Seems as if the rest of the Titans are falling in line.

MajorMike
10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh mah lawd, is this thread STILL going on? You know, I really do hope VY gets into the game so they can suck just as bad or worse (if that is possible) so everyone will shut up about VY already. Peyton couldn't save this franchise, so I don't know how the hell you think a headcase with little passing skills is going to do it.

TFloss32
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh mah lawd, is this thread STILL going on? You know, I really do hope VY gets into the game so they can suck just as bad or worse (if that is possible) so everyone will shut up about VY already. Peyton couldn't save this franchise, so I don't know how the hell you think a headcase with little passing skills is going to do it.

Mike, look at the bigger picture. I don't think anyone has said VY will "save" the Titans. Like I stated earlier, VY is the least of their problems. At this point, it looks as if the team has given up on Fisher. By not complying with Bud Adams' wishes to play VY, Fisher is only hurting himself. He's showing his arrogance and inability to swallow his pride, digging himself into a deeper hole and putting his coaching future in serious doubt. Plus, he's hindering the Titans' ability to fully evaluate which direction they should go in the near future (trade, draft a QB, cut Vince, etc.). Playing VY can only help Fisher. I don't think he realizes it's a chess match...and he's losing badly.

2Cleva
10-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Just heard this.

A buddy of mine is listening to Tony Dungy speak in Nashville today. He just text'd me to say that Fisher came out to introduce Dungy. He was cracking jokes about being 0-6, then proceded to take off his coat, tie and shirt...and was wearing a peyton manning jersey and said "That's better, now I feel like a winner".

It was confirmed Fisher was at the show.

http://www.rocketown.com/rallyforrocketown

If true, he is begging to be fired.

EDIT: Looks like it is 100% true.

http://tweetphoto.com/w0gxacyt

http://twitpic.com/m9cnn

Kermit
10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
mike mad cause vince continually fucked his team. i'd be mad too.

TFloss32
10-20-2009, 05:27 PM
mike mad cause vince continually fucked his team. i'd be mad too.

Who knows....I'd be mad too after epic comebacks two years in a row. I think Oklahoma State gets Texas this year though.

Kermit
10-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Who knows....I'd be mad too after epic comebacks two years in a row. I think Oklahoma State gets Texas this year though.

SpursFanFirst
10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Just heard this.

It was confirmed Fisher was at the show.

http://www.rocketown.com/rallyforrocketown

If true, he is begging to be fired.

EDIT: Looks like it is 100% true.

http://tweetphoto.com/w0gxacyt

http://twitpic.com/m9cnn

It's 100% true. We aired it tonight at 11. Good stuff!
After revealing his Manning jersey, he said he "just wanted to feel like a winner."
I was going to post this story, but you beat me to it.

SpursFanFirst
10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Here's the video. it's about :30 long.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6HiSOlquc

...and yes, I know you can put youtube clips on here, but I'm not sure how...and don't feel like looking.

J.T.
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
:tu Fisher's sense of humor

If they fired fisher for that they pretty much guaranteed 0-16

Blake
10-21-2009, 12:50 AM

a typical nuthugger response.

VY is a pro athlete getting millions. Suck it up or get the fuck out.

lol VY apologists

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
That goes to show you how pathetic the Colt's division rivals are. You'd never see Rex Ryan wearing a 4x Brady jersey at an attempt to fire his team up.

SpursFanFirst
10-21-2009, 01:15 AM
That goes to show you how pathetic the Colt's division rivals are. You'd never see Rex Ryan wearing a 4x Brady jersey at an attempt to fire his team up.

Uh, he wasn't trying to fire his team up.
He was introducing Dungy at an event.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 01:19 AM
If you don't think he wore a division team's jersey and said something like "now I feel like a winner" to send a message to his team, who just got their teeth kicked in by 59 points, I don't know what to tell you.

J.T.
10-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Since Fisher is now on the Colts bandwagon we should see if he'll trade us Chris Johnson for Addai plus a 3rd and 5th.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Sounds pretty fair to me.

J.T.
10-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Sounds pretty fair to me.

Too bad yesterday was the trade deadline :depressed

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 01:28 AM
It probably just hasn't been reported yet.

Kermit
10-21-2009, 07:45 AM
a typical nuthugger response.

VY is a pro athlete getting millions. Suck it up or get the fuck out.

lol VY apologists

typical hater response. why don't you curl up next to your sonny cumbie jersey and whack one off for old times sake.

lol tech.

TFloss32
10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Kermit,

You don't think there's any chance that Oklahoma State beats Texas?

Kermit
10-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Kermit,

is dez bryant playing?

TFloss32
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
is dez bryant playing?

Not unless he's reinstated, of course. Texas pretty much shut him down last year anyway.

To not think that Texas has a chance to get knocked off by Oklahoma State (based on UT's anemic offense and the history of the game alone) is silly. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas doesn't make it through these next two games without a misstep. If they do, they'll be in the title game.

Blake
10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
typical hater response. why don't you curl up next to your sonny cumbie jersey and whack one off for old times sake.

lol tech.

naw, I couldnt care less if VY wins a Super Bowl MVP trophy or if he ends up jobless and drunk, driving with Cedric Benson on his boat.

I just think it's fucking hilarious how you blow your chodes at the first sign of lol vince.

I think I'll curl up next to my recording of an undrafted Tech QB crushing longhorn national championship dreams with one throw to Crabtree.

lol at you stupid nuthuggers

Blake
10-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Kermit,

Texas should crush Okie St who might be the most overranked team in the country.

Udokafan05
10-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I dont understand why the media always gives Fisher a pass. I thought Fisher was out of line. He made a joke out of the entire team, not himself.

stretch
10-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Texas should crush Okie St who might be the most overranked team in the country.

dont you mean tech is the most overranked team in the country

Kermit
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I think I'll curl up next to my recording of an undrafted Tech QB crushing longhorn national championship dreams with one throw to Crabtree.

*sigh* it hurts because it's true.

eyeh8u
10-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I dont understand why the media always gives Fisher a pass. I thought Fisher was out of line. He made a joke out of the entire team, not himself.

the entire team is a joke, he just pointed it out, nothing wrong with that

SpursFanFirst
10-22-2009, 02:20 PM

C'mon! People are being way too sensitive here.
He was introducing Dungy at an event, and he wanted to honor Dungy. He was just having fun with it.

Kermit
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
C'mon! People are being way too sensitive here.
He was introducing Dungy at an event, and he wanted to honor Dungy. He was just having fun with it.

it's an extremely dumb thing to do when your team is 0-6 and the majority of the fanbase wants your fucking head. wearing the jersey is one thing. the comment is what's getting him in trouble.

J.T.
10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
as a colts fan i thought it was a pretty classy move

SpursFanFirst
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
it's an extremely dumb thing to do when your team is 0-6 and the majority of the fanbase wants your fucking head. wearing the jersey is one thing. the comment is what's getting him in trouble.

I'm not so sure Fisher is the problem with their record.
He's been their coach for a while, and they've always been a pretty decent team.
The chemistry is just all off with the players.
With any team, it's one thing to go out and purchase several outstanding players...but it doesn't mean anything if their skills sets don't work well together.
I'm not exactly sure how they should go about fixing the team, but I really don't think the coach is the issue.

And on the comment Fisher made - as Peyton said, anymore, any comment you make will upset someone. It's so true. Nowadays, you have to be so careful, it's ridiculous.
I used to work with an assignment editor who had a sign on his desk. It read: "You can't please all of the people all of the time. Today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either."

TN players and fans need to grow a thicker skin. It wasn't meant to insult his team, but rather honor Dungy.
Perhaps the TN players need to spend more time practicing and trying to figure out their issues, and less time worrying about what Fisher is saying as an introduction to one of the classiest men in football.