PDA

View Full Version : Lost Olympic bid now Bush's fault

DarrinS
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1804170,CST-NWS-olyresent03.article

Some Chicago officials say anti-American resentment likely played a role in Chicago's Olympic bid dying in the first round Friday.

President Obama could not undo in one year the resentment against America that President Bush and others built up for years, they said.

:rolleyes

"There must be" resentment against America, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, near the stage where he had hoped to give a victory speech in Daley Center Plaza. "The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty, we misled the world into Iraq. The world had a very bad taste in its mouth about us. But there was such a turnaround after last November. The world now feels better about America and about Americans. That's why I thought the president's going was the deal-maker."

State Rep. Susana Mendoza (D-Chicago) said she saw firsthand the resentment against America five years ago when she was in Rio de Janeiro. "I feel in my gut that this vote today was political and mean-spirited," she said.

"I travel a lot. ... I thought we had really turned a corner with the election of President Obama. People are so much more welcoming of Americans now. But this isn't the people of those countries. This is the leaders still living with outdated impressions of Americans."

U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) said she was approached by a consul general at the plaza as they waited for word Friday. "He said ... he was hearing that there wasn't enough time for Barack Obama to dispel the old image. ... But I don't know if that's it."

Presidential press secretary Robert Gibbs rejected the notion that the vote was influenced by the United States' standing: "No, I think you saw both at the U.N. General Assembly, you saw at the G20 last week ... I think virtually every measure of our standing in the world is different than it was just this time last year. So I don't read too much of that into this."

LnGrrrR
10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
If you read the article closely, the original author isn't claiming this. He's merely relaying the words of others.

And yes, those others are stupid.

Wild Cobra
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Come on people. We all know it's president Bush's fault. The libtards keep telling us that.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Darrin's just laying the groundwork to claim we all blamed Bush for Chicago losing.

Refuting/resisting the meme=propagating the meme.

100% of the time.

boutons_deux
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
dubya's bullshit wars and fuck-all-y'all-who-don't-slavishly-follow-USA-into-disasters attitude certainly didn't promote the USA brand in the world's Beauty Contest.

The US banksters fucking up the world's economic system didn't help, either.

The US corruption in the Utah winter games didn't help, either.

But I guess the IOC just wanted to give the Olympics to South America, rather to N. America yet again.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
It's amazing how much time posters spend ventriloquizing through strawmen they allegedly despise. Maybe it's the only way to keep them alive.

Cry Havoc
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Who was going to beat Rio? It wasn't Bush or Obama's fault. It was the fact that Chicago is in the northern hemisphere. This will be the second Olympics in the history of the world to be south of the equator. Think about that.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Making fun of Obama cultists made some sense during the campaign, and even in the first month or two. Now it misses the mark completely.

The bloom is off the rose. The scales have fallen. People can see that their President has feet of clay.

Ginobilly
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Rio vs Chicago

lets see:

Weather: Rio>>> >Chicago
Women: Rio>>>>>Chicago
Recreational outdoor activities: Rio>>>>>Chicago
Food: Rio<<Chicago
Culture: Rio>>>>Chicago

Cry Havoc
10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Rio vs Chicago

lets see:

Architecture: Rio <<<<< Chicago
Commerce: Rio <<<< Chicago

Not saying you're wrong, Rio will be a great host city, but Chicago is pretty awesome if you've ever been there.

Kermit
10-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Rio vs Chicago

lets see:

I actually liked the food in Rio better than the food I ate in Chicago. It wasn't even close.

jack sommerset
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Rio vs Chicago

lets see:

Rio politics are better too.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Like how, jack?

possessed
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Rio politics are better too.

Less corrupt. :lol

hope4dopes
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Well of course it's bush's fault, I mean the only other plausable reason is America is full of.............racists.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
You and Darrin are the only posters who say so.

SpurNation
10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Blame it on Rio...:lmao

jack sommerset
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Blame it on Rio...:lmao

That is a great movie if you are into child molestation and all.

hope4dopes
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
You and Darrin are the only posters who say so. well rev. wright and his CONGREGATION say so ....all his congregation.

Winehole23
10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
well rev. wright and his CONGREGATION say so ....all his congregation.Rev. Wright blamed Obama?

iggypop123
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
in chicago you will be cold. in rio chicks are in thongs. no wonder it wasnt a close vote

nuclearfm
10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I really don't think anybody had an influence on this. It was just time, time for South America and Rio. Just as it was Time for Beijing last summer. Just as it will be time for South Africa and the World cup.

NoOptionB
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Time. Time? Time!?

Father Time ain't got shit on Obama!

hope4dopes
10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
If only Obama could tear himself away from the olympics, and spend a few moments speaking with the generals in afgahanistan, he's making bush look like a leader.

Nbadan
10-05-2009, 08:49 PM
If only Obama could tear himself away from the olympics, and spend a few moments speaking with the generals in afgahanistan, he's making bush look like a leader.

Meeting with McChrystal aboard AF1 isn't enough? Oh, that's right, FAUX News never reported it so, so it never happened...

Nbadan
10-05-2009, 08:55 PM
There was some politics involved on the part of the International Olympic Committee, but unless we can blame Dubya for this countries paranoia and dispute over TV revenue it wasn't completely on Bush...

dg7md
10-06-2009, 07:10 AM
It's also because people down there care about the Olympics.

George Gervin's Afro
10-06-2009, 07:19 AM

This is why I don't take your crap seriously.

Supergirl
10-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I think America not getting the Olympic bid might have more to do with there being OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD. I mean, we've had the OLympics multiple times in the last two decades. South America hasn't had it in a long ass time.

As wonderful as it would have been for Chicago and AMerica's economy, I don't think it was unreasonable to give the Olympics to South America.

hope4dopes
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
This is why I don't take your crap seriously. Apparently like all the other Obamunists you don't seem to take afgahnistan too seriously either, what did chimp call it oh yeah "the good war"

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 01:05 AM
eh...by 2016 we'll be ending Obama's second term...

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
eh...by 2016 we'll be ending Obama's second term...
Do you really think he'll have a second term? I don't!

in2deep
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you really think he'll have a second term? I don't!

I Bush did, anybody can

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I Bush did, anybody can
Are you kidding?

President Obama makes President Bush look like a genius!

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Are you kidding?

President Obama makes President Bush look like a genius!

Yeah, that Bush job growth, even in a 'booming economy' was to die for wasn't it? Those jobs Bush created were rock solid.....

Crookshanks
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, that Bush job growth, even in a 'booming economy' was to die for wasn't it? Those jobs Bush created were rock solid.....
And we're still waiting for all those jobs promised if they just passed that stimulus bill. It's been a year - and every month we have more job losses.

SOOOOOOOOO - WHERE'S THE JOBS???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
And we're still waiting for all those jobs promised if they just passed that stimulus bill. It's been a year - and every month we have more job losses.

...just goes to show how weak the Bush jobs really were, now Obama is supposed to create jobs from where? the GOP and Demo corporatists have sent all the good jobs overseas....

doobs
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM

They're being saved.

:lol

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
This isn't Obama's recession, it's Dubya's....Obama is doing what he can to stimulate the economy, but thanks to 8 years of no federal over-sight, nobody wants to take risks now that adults are running the govt. show again....

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
..but... but Tax Cuts will save us...

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 07:00 PM
...just goes to show how weak the Bush jobs really were, now Obama is supposed to create jobs from where? the GOP and Demo corporatists have sent all the good jobs overseas....
Good question. From where.

When will liberals learn that government only created government jobs through bureaucracy. The private sector, small business, etc. creates jobs. Not the government.

When will you all learn the democrats are lying. The only hand government can have in job creation, is helping to promote an environment of growth. Not by taxes, regulations, etc, but by getting out of the way!

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 07:02 PM
This isn't Obama's recession, it's Dubya's....Obama is doing what he can to stimulate the economy, but thanks to 8 years of no federal over-sight, nobody wants to take risks now that adults are running the govt. show again....

No, the recession started at the end off Clinton's term. Then there was 9-11. Then after the economy started to grow, the democrats literally talked it out of existence. The fear the left used is what caused what we have now. Starting about 2006, they just couldn't stop telling Joe Public how bad things were.

Tell me that doesn't have an effect.

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Govt. did a fine job creating jobs for the Bush economy, but that was the problem...it wasn't creating good public sector jobs because the GOP promises that tax-cuts for the rich stimulate the economy didn't pan out...instead money became more concentrated among the very wealthy and the purchasing power of most poor Americans collapsed..

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
No, the recession started at the end off Clinton's term. Then there was 9-11. Then after the economy started to grow, the democrats literally talked it out of existence. The fear the left used is what caused what we have now. Starting about 2006, they just couldn't stop telling Joe Public how bad things were.

Tell me that doesn't have an effect.

The American people didn't need to be told anything, all they had to do was look at the pink slips and the pile of bills getting bigger...

iggypop123
10-07-2009, 07:55 PM
I think America not getting the Olympic bid might have more to do with there being OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD. I mean, we've had the OLympics multiple times in the last two decades. South America hasn't had it in a long ass time.

As wonderful as it would have been for Chicago and AMerica's economy, I don't think it was unreasonable to give the Olympics to South America.

more like never. which is why they won. and their economically supposed to grow 3% and the women in rio hot damN!

PEP
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Govt. did a fine job creating jobs for the Bush economy, but that was the problem...it wasn't creating good public sector jobs because the GOP promises that tax-cuts for the rich stimulate the economy didn't pan out...instead money became more concentrated among the very wealthy and the purchasing power of most poor Americans collapsed..
Where in the Constitution does it say that the government is responsible for creating jobs?

I never understood how anyone can attribute jobs being created or lost to any President. :nope