PDA

View Full Version : If Lakers don't win the title, Cavs will..

The_Game
10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Discuss.

TheMACHINE
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
ok

Muser
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Cavs won't get out of the east, Book it.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I just don't see the respect for the Cavs. Aside from James it's just a hodge-podge. And James has not refined his game. Yes, its early for him, but, the clock will start to run against him if he doesn't ring this season.

Shaq can't move. He used to have the initial move and no repeat ability. Now even the initial move is tardy & ugly. They'll pick & roll him to death.

They need an additional blue chipper to go along with James and give him some quality support.

Muser
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Also their PG is Mo Williams, when he grows a pair then we can talk championships.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I think Boston with a healthy Garnett may have a thing or two to say about that.

The_Game
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I would say the Cavs would beat Boston they now have all the tools to beat them. KG how much he has left is unknown.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Personally, I'd rather see the Boston vs LA finals than those lame duck perrenial losers from the Mistake by the Lake.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
the Mistake by the Lake.

a.k.a. The Best Location in the Nation.

eisfeld
10-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Orlando and Boston have a better shot at the Finals than the Cavs.

tlongII
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM
The Lakers won't even make it to the Finals.

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Wrong.

hater
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
The Lakers won't even make it to the Finals.

neither will the cavs

21_Blessings
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Neither will the Spurs or Blazers.

tlongII
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
It will most likely be the Blazers vs the Cavs in the Finals. That's assuming the Cavs stay relatively healthy.

Brazil
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
The Cavs have everything they need. A dominate HOF center, a legit two guard, and more athleticism from Moon off the bench. James and Shaq have declared a title in Cleveland. Celtics retooled and claim to better than they were before they won the title in 08, and KG claims to be healthy, no excuses there. Spurs boast of the most talented team that has ever surrounded Duncan, the entire team has lost tons of weight and everyone is healthy, no excuses there. Orlando was forced to overhaul their whole roster due to the beat down we gave them, and now they have Carter ready to lead them to a title.

LETS GET THIS SHIT GOING!!!

yes yes and yes ! :toast

lefty
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Discuss.
If you don't eat shit, you'll drink pipi

DeadlyDynasty
10-05-2009, 04:28 PM
agreed. Rematch of the '08 Finals, w/ the Lakers getting their revenge, 4-2 over Boston:hat

NRHector
10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Well let's just save all this 9 months and go directly the presentation of the Larry O'brien trophy why discuss it, you people are unbelievable

tlongII
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I can't see Boston making it this year. KG looks like he's still injured. I don't see any way that L.A. gets by Portland either.

DeadlyDynasty
10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't see Boston making it this year. KG looks like he's still injured. I don't see any way that L.A. gets by Portland either.

they won't have to after portland gets bounced out in the first round again

Indazone
10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL @ Portland getting bounced out in the first round.

spursfan1000
10-05-2009, 05:18 PM
If Spurs don't win the championship the Celtics,Lakers,Cavs,Magic or one of the other 25 teams will

spursfan1000
10-05-2009, 05:19 PM

LOL at this comment, the Lakers would have very very little trouble getting past the Blazers.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Actually I think the Spurs are right up there in that mix too. Boston, LA, San Antonio, and Cavs. Spurs are the sleeper team.

ooshmay
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Cavs wont make it past Boston or Orlando to begin with.. once they do if Lakers are out then its SPURS 2010 NBA CHAMPS! :)

Yes i may be the number 1 CAVS hater.

23LeBronJames23
10-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Cavs will...

tlongII
10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
The Blazers are bigger, deeper, younger, and more talented than any other team in the NBA. Do the math.

LakasRool4eva
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Discuss.
Only problem is this: theres no way the LAkers don't win the championship next year

Spursfan092120
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Actually I think the Spurs are right up there in that mix too. Boston, LA, San Antonio, and Cavs. Spurs are the sleeper team.
and we love it like that :hat

carrao45
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
The Blazers are bigger, deeper, younger, and more talented than any other team in the NBA. Do the math.
That's funny because the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Spurs and Cavs are more talented. And of those 5 teams, plus the Blazers, Portlland has at best 4th best 1st option, the worst 2nd option, the worst defense, the worst coach, and the least experience.

Do the math

Spursfan092120
10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
That's funny because the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Spurs and Cavs are more talented. And of those 5 teams, plus the Blazers, Portlland has at best 4th best 1st option, the worst 2nd option, the worst defense, the worst coach, and the least experience.

Do the math
this

tlongII
10-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Do the math

Actually it's true. I know you don't want to believe it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

KidCongo
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeh baby.

WildcardManu
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM

:lol Blind homerism. Portland is good but not that good to get past the West elite teams.

tlongII
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
:lol Blind homerism. Portland is good but not that good to get past the West elite teams.

You talk as if Portland isn't an elite team. :lol That is ridiculous.

KSeal
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
I think Boston with a healthy Garnett may have a thing or two to say about that.

Have you seen Garnett in practice? Dude is hobbled as fuck and has more minuets on him then anyone else in the league. I highly doubt he'll be anything good this season.

Def Rowe
10-05-2009, 11:52 PM
I think if healthy, Boston and Orlando would beat the Cavs in the playoffs.

Danny.Zhu
10-06-2009, 05:27 AM

Agreed. Unless Celtics or Magic suffer big injury, that's not gonna happen.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Jesus christ. Wake up. Boston is done. They had a fluke championship run and that shit is over. Period.

Please. You brats get a hang nail and it's the end of the f'in world. You can't function. It's over. You're like the Suns Fandom in that respect: you both wait for utopia and if it don't come...you quit and walk away, and act the ass.

Ditty
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
It will most likely be the Blazers vs the Cavs in the Finals. That's assuming the Cavs stay relatively healthy.
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/epic-fail-short-shorts-fail.jpg

that would be worse than the 2006 NBA Finals

lefty
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/epic-fail-short-shorts-fail.jpg

that would be worse than the 2006 NBA Finals

I'm not gonna eat for the rest of my life.

Thank you

carrao45
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Actually it's true. I know you don't want to believe it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Completely ignores my entire statement in favor of some generic statement because he knows theirs no contending the Blazers are the best

Basketballgirl25
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
If KG is healthly then I'd say Celtics will win if Lakers don't and if not I'd pick Cavs. Of Course nothing is for sure those teams would win

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
But, there is absolutely no sound reasoning for the Cavs. I just don't understand it.

tlongII
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Completely ignores my entire statement in favor of some generic statement because he knows theirs no contending the Blazers are the best

You mean this statement...

Do the math

That's a ridiculous statement. It just simply isn't true. The Blazers are clearly more talented than any of those clubs. McMillan would have to be rated #3 of the coaches. Roy is the 3rd best 1st option and Aldridge is the 3rd best 2nd option. Their bench is easily the best of the entire group.

DJB
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Probably the worst poster on the internets

oligarchy
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Have you seen Garnett in practice? Dude is hobbled as fuck and has more minuets on him then anyone else in the league. I highly doubt he'll be anything good this season.

Shaq probably has more -- with post-season it has to be a ton more. Kidd has to have more minutes than Garnett, and his post-season is going to be higher because he's been in the playoffs for years. I'm sure Fin and Duncan are close as well.

tlongII
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Probably the best poster on the internets

Thank you! :tu

picc84
10-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I think the Cavs will challenge the Bulls 72-10 record, but get beaten by Boston or Orlando in the playoffs purely because they will attack Shaq's PnR defense relentlessly and play hack a shaq. Pierce/Allen and KG/Sheed PnR or Nelson/Carter and Dwight PnR.

I also think if Cleveland didn't get Shaq they would still beat Boston given HCA. But with him on the team will lose to them.

760Spursfan
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Cav's are going to choke like they have been doing for the past few years. Lebron is a GREAT player but he needs more help from his supporting cast in the post season which won't happen, and I am sorry but Shaq is not the answer. Boston or Orlando in the east.

Allanon
10-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Cavs - Ain't gonna win with a 6'1 PG and a 6'2 Shooting Guard
Celtics - Sheed 35, Ray Allen 34, KG 33, Pierce 32... too much aging in the stars

My prediction...winner of the West will win the Finals.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Manoshevitz!

Query:::Pete & Repeat went down to Newport Beach, Pete fell in. Who was left?

carrao45
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM

You mean this statement...

That's a ridiculous statement. It just simply isn't true. The Blazers are clearly more talented than any of those clubs. McMillan would have to be rated #3 of the coaches. Roy is the 3rd best 1st option and Aldridge is the 3rd best 2nd option. Their bench is easily the best of the entire group.

No, it's pretty clear that Roy is worse than LeBron, Kobe, and Duncan as a first option and as a player. Aldridge is worse than Pau, Shaq, Vince, Ray/Kg, and Tony Parker are all better than Aldridge as second options and as players. Only a idiot homer could think the Blazers have more talent than the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Magic and maybe Cavs.

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
You know, besides the fact they were the best team in the NBA, that ran into a bad matchup, much like the 2006 Spurs.

That's just wrong, damus. Bottom feeding is so seductive. By the time April rolls around the players have bought into the horseshit, & they're thus doomed. And the Cavs had absolutely no resistance. The Magic were shit.

s0ldEONs0ul
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
:td troll thread. I'm quickly learning that this NBA forum section is by far the worst section of an otherwise great board. Full of trolls, and the 'serious' posters have a real shortage of insight.

Carry on, though, oblivious to your lack of knowledge.

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
:td troll thread. I'm quickly learning that this NBA forum section is by far the worst section of an otherwise great board. Full of trolls, and the 'serious' posters have a real shortage of insight.

Carry on, though, oblivious to your lack of knowledge.

Ipso facto, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Go over to the Spurs Forum. It's a circle jerk, but, they need a fresh fulcrum.

Buh, bye.

JoeTait75
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice to see The Game is putting the whammy on my boys for a second straight season.

Thunder Dan
10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
it's going to be Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves. The Spurs are too old, Garnett is hurt and Celtics have problems with the Cavs as it is, the Magic lost too much, and everyone else is just not talented enough (Rockets).

in2deep
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
it's going to be Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves. The Spurs are too old, Garnett is hurt and Celtics have problems with the Cavs as it is, the Magic lost too much, and everyone else is just not talented enough (Rockets).

so who's gonna help Lebron? fat old shaq? ancient Ilgauskas? albino negro? choking mo Williams? Boobie?

:lol

Celtics in the finals for sure. They will face either the Lakers or Spurs. guaranteed

Thunder Dan
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
so who's gonna help Lebron? fat old shaq? ancient Ilgauskas? albino negro? choking mo Williams? Boobie?

Celtics in the finals for sure. They will face either the Lakers or Spurs. guaranteed

I get why people on a Spurs board think the Spurs will make it to the Finals, but nobody outside Spurstalk.com thinks they will.

in2deep
10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I get why people on a Spurs board think the Spurs will make it to the Finals, but nobody outside Spurstalk.com thinks they will.

so sad that you have to seek reasurance for your team in 3rd parties.

tlongII
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
No, it's pretty clear that Roy is worse than LeBron, Kobe, and Duncan as a first option and as a player. Aldridge is worse than Pau, Shaq, Vince, Ray/Kg, and Tony Parker are all better than Aldridge as second options and as players. Only a idiot homer could think the Blazers have more talent than the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Magic and maybe Cavs.

You are wrong. Roy is definitely better than Duncan at this point in his career as a 1st option on offense. Aldridge is a better 2nd option than Shaq, Vince, and Ray/KG without question. The talent question isn't really a question. It's pretty much universally agreed upon around the league that the Blazers are the most talented team.

in2deep
10-07-2009, 02:18 PM
You are wrong. Roy is definitely better than Duncan at this point in his career as a 1st option on offense. Aldridge is a better 2nd option than Shaq, Vince, and Ray/KG without question. The talent question isn't really a question. It's pretty much universally agreed upon around the league that the Blazers are the most talented team.

say hello to Tattoo over there on fantasy island

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM
You are wrong. Roy is definitely better than Duncan at this point in his career as a 1st option on offense.

I enjoy such speculative meanderings.

RIGHT NOW would any Spursfandom do that trade? The caveat being it's done in a vacuum so as to not take into account loyalty and feelings. Just you & tlongII alone in a room, your "no-no special places" secure.

Eh?

Rogue
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Cavs - Ain't gonna win with a 6'1 PG and a 6'2 Shooting Guard
Celtics - Sheed 35, Ray Allen 34, KG 33, Pierce 32... too much aging in the stars

LOL son size doesn't actually weigh that much in basketball games as some of you idiots have incorrectly misunderstood. For example, midgets like Webb could also earn a seat on an NBA team and even play greater than most longer guys did, while an outstanding size doesn't always guarantee a brighter career to the play who has such a size. The 7'6 size can also be gifted to a piece of shit, as you may probably know.

bostonguy
10-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Only way the Cavs are winning it all:

1.)They avoid the Magic or get an injured Magic team.

2.)If they do win the east, they avoid the Lakers.

carrao45
10-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Shaq is arguable, but aldridge is in no way better than VC and Ray/KG. And no its universally agreed that the Blazers hav the most talent of any young team. The Magic Lakers and Celtics have more

dirk4mvp
10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
LOL @ Portland getting bounced out in the first round.

Serious smack coming from a rocket fan of all people.

djohn2oo8
10-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Serious smack coming from a rocket fan of all people.

No worse than comin from a Mavs fan, who continue to deny that the Spurs have 4 rings

dirk4mvp
10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Enjoy your last place division finish.

Rogue
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
No worse than comin from a Mavs fan, who continue to deny that the Spurs have 4 rings
where're you from then? :wakeup

You know you were shooting your own feet talking about where you come from, originally from I mean.

JoeTait75
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Only way the Cavs are winning it all:

1.)They avoid the Magic or get an injured Magic team.

2.)If they do win the east, they avoid the Lakers.

So you're saying the Cavaliers can take the Celtics? I agree. :toast

I also agree that the Cavaliers need to avoid the Lake Show at all costs.

bostonguy
10-07-2009, 09:02 PM
So you're saying the Cavaliers can take the Celtics? I agree. :toast

I also agree that the Cavaliers need to avoid the Lake Show at all costs.

Only if the Celts can't stay healthy. Until you actually prove you can beat the Celts 4 times in a series, it is all a moot point. If you are going to throw the "You can't win in the Q" card then I am going to throw back "You can't win in Boston" and raise you "Until you prove you can beat Boston 4 times in a 7 game series, you have no room to talk down to Celt fans":toast

JoeTait75
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Only if the Celts can't stay healthy. Until you actually prove you can beat the Celts 4 times in a series, it is all a moot point. If you are going to throw the "You can't win in the Q" card then I am going to throw back "You can't win in Boston" and raise you "Until you prove you can beat Boston 4 times in a 7 game series, you have no room to talk down to Celt fans":toast

Fair enough. Is KG healthy?

bostonguy
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Fair enough. Is KG healthy?

He played about 8 minutes tonight. I haven't watched the game so I am unsure how he is. I am pessimistic he will bounce back. The guy is 33 years old and is coming off a pretty bad knee injury. :depressed:depressed

KidCongo
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
LOL at Spurs fans thinking they will knock off the Lakers.

Agloco
10-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Discuss.

Why don't you discuss how adding Shaq makes them better than Orlando all of a sudden........ much less Boston.

23LeBronJames23
10-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Why don't you discuss how adding Shaq makes them better than Orlando all of a sudden........ much less Boston.

Shaq is just what we need to beat Magic

peskypesky
10-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Spurs = 2010 NBA Champions

Culburn369
10-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Spurs = 2010 NBA Champions

Please. You can't even handle the Mavs.

Lars
10-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Celtics vs Lakers probably.

Muser
10-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Please. You can't even handle the Mavs.

And you can't even handle the Bobcats, yet you won the title :toast.

Culburn369
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
And you can't even handle the Bobcats, yet you won the title :toast.

And you had 3 to our 4, yet you won ToD.

hater
10-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow. Can a person be any more moronic?

How doesn't it? The only thing that gave them trouble was their inability, or lack of respect from the referees, in guarding Howard. If they had a body that the referees had to respect(Varejao getting called for a foul any time he was in the immediate area of Howard), they would have won that series handily. Shaq will not let those bullshit calls go unheard in the media, and the referees are aware of that.

whatever lack of respect the Cavs had on guarding Howard was gained double or triple on Magic guarding Lebron

TheMACHINE
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Again, very dumb. How on earth could you compare Howard and LeBron James? Of course LeBron's going to go to the line a ton, he's the best offensive player in the league. Meanwhile, Howard has no offensive game whatsoever. He literally has ZERO post moves. Actually, he has one post move... throwing his elbow(offensive foul) and then dunking. His offensive game is straight up garbage, and there's no denying it.

Leborn, best offensive player in the league? :lmao

TheMACHINE
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Um... obviously? lol

No one touches the numbers he puts up. He does it all.

:lmao:rollin:lol haha best offensive player.

TheMACHINE
10-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Refute it with anything of substance?

Oh, what's that? You can't? You are angry that dude shits on Kobe these days? Gotcha...

Answer Kobe or Lebron to the following offensive questions:

Who's better:
Shooting the 3?
Shooting the midrange jumper?
In the post?
Shooting free throws?
Shooting with a hand in thier face?
Who would take your last shot?

Culburn369
10-08-2009, 07:32 PM
"Who would take your last shot? LOL LEBRON NO QUESTION"

tee, hee.

TheMACHINE
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Who's better:
Shooting the 3? Both players are bad 3 point shooters.
Shooting the midrange jumper? Who would know? LeBron doesn't need to shoot mid-range jumpers.
In the post? LeBron doesn't post. Again, it doesn't mean he can't. It means he doesn't need to.
Shooting free throws? Kobe
Shooting with a hand in thier face? Kobe
Who would take your last shot? LOL LEBRON NO QUESTION

Lebron.... better offensive player :lol:rollin:downspin:

TheMACHINE
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
"Who would take your last shot? LOL LEBRON NO QUESTION"

tee, hee.

Should you link the GM poll or should I?

tlongII
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM
LOL at Laker fans talking about the Cavs when they won't get by the Blazers...

WildcardManu
10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL at Laker fans talking about the Cavs when they won't get by the Blazers...

Sure, keep deluding yourself.

SouthTexasRancher
10-08-2009, 10:38 PM
If Lakers don't win the title, Cavs will..

LOL...

Uhhhh, I think you meant if the Spurs don't win the title, the Celtics will.

Thanks for playing the game. Your consolation prize will be given to you as you walk off the stage. Come back anytime! Fools are always welcome here....

ooshmay
10-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Cavs wont move past orlando or boston..

SHAQ and LEBRICK together????.. BRICKS IN CLEVELAND!

tlongII
10-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Sure, keep deluding yourself.

Welcome to irrelevance Spurs fans.

carrao45
10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
LOL...

Uhhhh, I think you meant if the Spurs don't win the title, the Celtics will.

Thanks for playing the game. Your consolation prize will be given to you as you walk off the stage. Come back anytime! Fools are always welcome here....
Healthy:
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic (I like the Carter/Hedo switch)
4. Spurs
5. Cavs

Agloco
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome to irrelevance Spurs fans.

Irrelevance defined:

http://jasportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/go3.jpghttp://blogs.lancasteronline.com/flashbacklancaster/files/2009/09/cebsambowies7.jpg

Blazer fans know a thing or two about it.......