PDA

View Full Version : Laker's fan Slavin Calls out Artest

Indazone
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
And so the Love/Hate fest of Ron Artest begins.

This is an open call to The Real Ron Artest. The passionate, well-versed, clever and witty Ron Artest. The one who holds hands, builds houses for troubled families, and takes thirty-someodd kids to a Sparks WNBA game on a whim. The guy who is saying all the right things for the media this offseason, despite more face time than the Kardashians got Booty-time. Yo, Ron. You paying attention?

Great. Now I'd like to call out to The Other Ron Artest. The bench-clearing, flagrant-foul-givin', Palace pouncer that is one part vindication and two parts low blows. The Terrell Owens of the NBA, except after Terrell makes his inevitable foray into the WWE. I'm talking to Ron Artest the enforcer, the shot-hoister, the stat-filler and coach killer.

You both listening? Good. We need each of you on board for this one.

Let me be absolutely clear: you absolutely cannot mess this season up. You fail here, and you will never redeem your career again. You ruin this good thing we have going in LA, and the rest of your basketball days will be tarnished by it. In LA, we fans run deep. We know our basketball, we know our history, and we have more than a passing interest in the Lake Show. We will be here longer than you. We have more influence than you. Win us over, and you will be a Hall of Famer. Lose our faith, and you will never see this level of love again.

Think Cedric Ceballos. Nick Van Exle. Smush Parker. There's a lot of ways this could go, and a lot of ways this could go badly. And Rons, that applies to both of you.

Let me first say that we, as a Laker fanbase, have faith in you. We see the skills. Hell, you played in our division for a couple years now, and much of your shot-hocking Iversonian reputation was garnered from the fact you had to carry crap teams that couldn’t score for themselves. You were their only option on offense, and their best defender. We saw it, too. Yes, we want you on our team.

But, as we had both televisions and were conscious this last decade, we’ve all seen what you can do if things don’t go your way. And if they remember you in Chicago, and in Indiana, just think about how they will remember you here. We still get shivers when we hear the name Kermit, and that was over thirty years ago.

As of now, Staples is an antic-free zone. No huffing, no tantrums. Don’t even roll your eyes. Keep your head down and do your damn job. Because you, Rons, have a real coach now, and teammates that will call you on your BS.

In Sacramento and Houston, you were the story no matter what happened. In LA, the Lakers are the story, Kobe is the lead, and you play the enemy who defected to help the Allies. You have our hesitant trust. But we need some collateral from you first, and it needs to come on the hardwood.

Nothing matters more to us, and nothing should matter more to you, than production in purple and gold.

So, what is it that we expect out of Ron Artests? Well, we’re not stupid. We know you are good because of your tenacity, Rons. Without that, you wouldn’t be as successful or as capable on the court…you wouldn’t be an All Star. We want you to go balls-out, to be everywhere, to be confident. Cuz that’s you, man! So, dunk on people. Foul hard. Hustle. That’s the guy we signed, we expect that from you, and we will understand the repercussions.

But sometimes, it’s hard to leash in that tenacity.

Basically, we can tolerate a flagrant foul here and there. We can deal with a couple tech’s from arguing calls over the course of a season. We will look past your shorty-shorts. We won’t even mind it if you call out other teams, like when you challenged Houston this offseason, saying you won’t shoot once, just D the hell out of everyone on the court.

We dig that. That’s awesome. And we need that on this Laker team, because if we have one vulnerability, it’s the occasional tendency to be pushed around.

I want you to D-up Andrew Bynum in practice, and teach him to become a force down low. I want you to take Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic into a closed room, emerging only when they have learned defense and rotations. I want you, Luke Walton, and Lamar Odom to go down to the ESPN Zone and buy drinks for people on a Friday night, and not only because it would be hilarious to see.

I want you to praise Phil. I want you to compliment your teammates. Be embarrassed at losses, be humble in victory.

And these are all things that are completely in your power, Rons. These are goals that can be accomplished. And if you do these things, I will promise you now, we will have at least one more championship, and your number will be in the rafters, retired next to the best ballers ever.

How’s that sound to you two?

That is your goal. Positive influence. Leadership. Veteran know-how. Be our Ray Lewis, lead the defensive rotation (but don’t kill anyone). Strike fear in your opponents whenever they head your way. Spread the offense and hit your threes. This is what we ask of you.

And no one cares if you Tweet or not during all this. If it keeps you happy, so be it. Tweet to your heart’s content. But your words will be more powerful with a ring on your finger.

There’s a reason I am writing this open letter to both of you. It’s because we Laker fans are not sure which one of you is going to show up. And I’ll be honest: we’re scared of you.

You could single-handedly blow up this Laker championship team. Even though we won playing at about 75% of our potential last season, there are bigger fish to fry this year. Cleveland. Boston. Even San Antonio has gotten better. One tantrum, or one quote about your lack of confidence in the team could upset the balance of this Laker season.

Talent-wise, this is one of the most gifted teams in Laker history, which puts them in the running for the most talented all-time. But sanity-wise? With passive-aggressive Phil at the helm, obsessive-compulsive Kobe leading the charge, and now Ron Artest?

Ron, and other Ron, we don’t need any more jalapeños in this chili. Add some spice, but don’t kill the flavor, please. There are millions of fans and dedicated followers that are holding their breath on your performance, not to mention the 29 other teams that are gunning for the target on the Laker's backs this season. They will test you, they will provoke you. Do not fall victim to being, well, you.

In return, all past transgressions will be forgotten, and you will be warmly welcomed into the arms of the NBA legends.

Which is something I believe all three of us can agree on.

Edicted by Kyle

http://www.tscblogs.com/2009/10/open-letter-to-real-ron-artest.html

Obstructed_View
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
In LA, we fans run deep. We know our basketball, we know our history, and we have more than a passing interest in the Lake Show.

Nick Van Exle.

Muser
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
If Artest does fuck things up in L.A (And that's a big if) then he will never hear the end of it.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I want the Original Artest....not a tamed one. We've already suffered thru a revised Tracy Murray, Mitch Ritchmond, Radmo, on & on. Artest should just be himselfPERIOD

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
If Artest does fuck things up in L.A (And that's a big if) then he will never hear the end of it.

Please. We ain't the heard the end of it yet.

jazzypimp
10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Now artest can whisper sweet nothings into Kobe's ear every game!

The Franchise
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I want the Original Artest....not a tamed one. We've already suffered thru a revised Tracy Murray, Mitch Ritchmond, Radmo, on & on. Artest should just be himselfPERIOD

Well, since he's not taking his meds that is something you won't have to worry about.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, since he's not taking his meds that is something you won't have to worry about.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Indazone
10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey maybe the Lakeshow will get this Ron. It was after all only two years ago.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest was arrested Monday and excused indefinitely from the team after a woman said he shoved her to the floor inside his home and prevented her from calling 911.

Placer County sheriff's authorities said the woman reported she and Artest were arguing inside the home Monday morning when he pushed her. The argument moved outside when Artest tried to leave in his Hummer, sheriff's Sgt. Andrew Scott said during a news conference.

"It resulted in some pushing," Scott said of the argument. "Mr. Artest had shoved the victim to the ground several times.

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey maybe the Lakeshow will get this Ron. It was after all only two years ago.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest was arrested Monday and excused indefinitely from the team after a woman said he shoved her to the floor inside his home and prevented her from calling 911.

Placer County sheriff's authorities said the woman reported she and Artest were arguing inside the home Monday morning when he pushed her. The argument moved outside when Artest tried to leave in his Hummer, sheriff's Sgt. Andrew Scott said during a news conference.

"It resulted in some pushing," Scott said of the argument. "Mr. Artest had shoved the victim to the ground several times.

How's come we never heard about this at the time it happened?

tee, hee.

hater
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
:lol so it starts

Darthkiller
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
artest's response :

"
No law when it comes to me.
I let you type critics write and I just keep it hood.
That will never change.
I am not kissing no ones ass because I'm in LA. Suck a cock."

http://www.tscblogs.com/2009/10/reactions-to-open-letter.html

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Give me that savage muthfuccer that started that melee in Detroit.

Exactly.

KSeal
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Another Ron Artest thread? Hmmm, who would have thunk it.

Obstructed_View
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Please. We ain't the heard the end of it yet.

:lol That's true. He has done nothing, good or bad yet and Laker fans haven't heard the end of it.

iggypop123
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
so the nba forum has become artest, tlong 24/7

exstatic
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM

The Original Artest will break the Triangle and hog the ball. You really want a revised version. I don't think you're going to get one, though.

mystargtr34
10-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I cant wait to see all of Artest's typical 5-17 FG games.

KSeal
10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I cant wait to see all of Artest's typical 5-17 FG games.

He isn't getting 17 shots on the Lakers. A 3 of 9 shooting night is very possible but Kobe and Phil will not let him shot the ball 17 times.

Def Rowe
10-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I like how the now, Artest haters think he's going to be in control of his minutes when he fucks up. He's going to fit in better in the sytem than you guys think. The guys a baller, all he has to do is fit in. He'll figure it out.

Def Rowe
10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Look Def, these are the same people that were saying Ariza was a scrub and would not have made a difference in the Lakers winning a title. Artest is going to come in and do what Odom should have done years ago.

Seriously. I remember last summer. Whenever anyone mentioned Ariza and his potential it would always be met with a bunch of... :lol :downspin::rolleyes

Def Rowe
10-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Now Ariza is King Shit of Fuck Mountain apparently.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:44 AM
The Original Artest will break the Triangle and hog the ball. You really want a revised version. I don't think you're going to get one, though.

No, I want the Original Artest.

Indazone
10-06-2009, 02:14 AM
I like how the now, Artest haters think he's going to be in control of his minutes when he fucks up. He's going to fit in better in the sytem than you guys think. The guys a baller, all he has to do is fit in. He'll figure it out.

bwahaha since when has Artest fit into a teams offense? He didn't do it in Indiana, didn't do it in Sactown, didn't do it in Houston, and he won't do it in LA. Ball goes in and never comes back out.

Blackhole

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:17 AM
didn't do it in Houston

Heard nary a peep from you until he got to Los Angeles.

tee, hee.

Indazone
10-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Actually, I tolerated him. I was mainly pissed off whenever he turned into caveman Artest and started clunking shots going 5-19 from the 3 pt line.

Def Rowe
10-06-2009, 02:26 AM
bwahaha since when has Artest fit into a teams offense? He didn't do it in Indiana, didn't do it in Sactown, didn't do it in Houston, and he won't do it in LA. Ball goes in and never comes back out.

Blackhole

If that's the case then he won't get any minutes. You think Phil won't bench his ass? It's a long season. Dude wants a ring, he'll figure it out.

#2!
10-06-2009, 02:47 AM
If that's the case then he won't get any minutes. You think Phil won't bench his ass? It's a long season. Dude wants a ring, he'll figure it out.

First, I want to say that I'm not comparing these two coaches as coaches, but rather as in relation to Ron Artest. Remember last summer when everyone was talking about how the Rockets had so much potential, and everyone kept dumping on them because they said Ron can't be controlled?

Well all the Rocket fans said "Artest has so much respect for Rick Adleman," and went on to explain how much they got along, and he was Ron's favorite coach, and on and on. Well it didn't really mean shit. Artest wasn't especially good or terrible last year, and maybe that was the result of some kind of coaching micromanagement, who knows. I'm just saying the coaching style/coach's reputation argument doesn't work and should jst be dropped.

#2!
10-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Also, this article is so fucking arrogant I can't believe the writer can take himself seriously.

Def Rowe
10-06-2009, 03:11 AM
First, I want to say that I'm not comparing these two coaches as coaches, but rather as in relation to Ron Artest. Remember last summer when everyone was talking about how the Rockets had so much potential, and everyone kept dumping on them because they said Ron can't be controlled?

Well all the Rocket fans said "Artest has so much respect for Rick Adleman," and went on to explain how much they got along, and he was Ron's favorite coach, and on and on. Well it didn't really mean shit. Artest wasn't especially good or terrible last year, and maybe that was the result of some kind of coaching micromanagement, who knows. I'm just saying the coaching style/coach's reputation argument doesn't work and should jst be dropped.

It's still a kind of apples and oranges argument because Adleman and Jackson are very different personalities with different coaching styles. Also the Rockets were injury plagued last season thus changing Artest's role with the team. Artest understands that he's on a stacked team with a HOF coach. He seems fine with being a role player. He'll get his cheddar on the side.

#2!
10-06-2009, 03:32 AM
It's still a kind of apples and oranges argument because Adleman and Jackson are very different personalities with different coaching styles. Also the Rockets were injury plagued last season thus changing Artest's role with the team. Artest understands that he's on a stacked team with a HOF coach. He seems fine with being a role player. He'll get his cheddar on the side.

Now that's something I can't believe until the end of the season. I don't think he'll play that way, but I also don't think it'll detract so much from the team as to prevent them from a repeat. If the lakers are good enough to beat the teams set in front of them in the upcoming post season then they're good enough to do it despite his shit.

Def Rowe
10-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Now that's something I can't believe until the end of the season. I don't think he'll play that way, but I also don't think it'll detract so much from the team as to prevent them from a repeat. If the lakers are good enough to beat the teams set in front of them in the upcoming post season then they're good enough to do it despite his shit.

Fair enough, and that's basically what I'm saying. Other than I think Ron Ron will actually be a good triangle player by the all star break.

Spursmania
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
No, I want the Original Artest.

Be careful what you wish for...

exstatic
10-06-2009, 07:40 AM

To put it in terms a Laker fan might understand, he's a 6'7" 265 version of Smush Parker. He's not going to "figure it out" because he doesn't want to. If you could sum up Ron's career in one phrase it would be: he thinks his way is better.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Actually, I tolerated him. I was mainly pissed off whenever he turned into caveman Artest and started clunking shots going 5-19 from the 3 pt line.

Well, then that is when you should've spoke up, Inda. It's just sour grapes to do it now.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Be careful what you wish for...

He's a gamble. But, we had no choice.

I'm wishin' for everything good from Artest, and gambling he won't repeat the brawl event. Everything else about him is part & parcel to the NBA rank & file.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Artest is a cancer, everywhere he has been....it will continue this year as well...I was TOTALLY against getting him in Houston because our leadership was so weak...Tmac and Yao.....and his personality so strong it would screw things up....

Well, it did.......so glad he is gone.

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Artest is a cancer, everywhere he has been....it will continue this year as well...I was TOTALLY against getting him in Houston because our leadership was so weak...Tmac and Yao.....and his personality so strong it would screw things up....

Well, it did.......so glad he is gone.

DD

You're just a little late in your condemnation, Dakota. Or, I'm ignorant and you can educate me by going back in the stacks and locating your onions in association with the above condemnation.

Chop, chop, now.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
You're just a little late in your condemnation, Dakota. Or, I'm ignorant and you can educate me by going back in the stacks and locating your onions in association with the above condemnation.

Chop, chop, now.

DD's take on Artest (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151161&page=3&pp=20&highlight=Artest)

Starts with post 51 on July 13, 2008 before the Rockets got him and continues on......enjoy.

Here is what it says for those not wanting to click on it...

"Artest is a prima donna knucklehead....a chemistry destroyer.....I would take a lessor talented player who fits in and hustles over him."

Ehem, you were saying.....lol.

DD

Obstructed_View
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I cant wait to see the Lakers typical ass thrashing of the Spurs.

Then you'd better start praying for Spur injuries again.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 08:59 AM
DD's take on Artest (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151161&page=3&pp=20&highlight=Artest)

Starts with post 51 on July 13, 2008 before the Rockets got him and continues on......enjoy.

"Artest is a prima donna knucklehead....a chemistry destroyer.....I would take a lessor talented player who fits in and hustles over him."

DD

Matzel, Matzel, good stuff. I stand corrected.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Then you'd better start praying for Spur injuries again.

I never stop.

Indazone
10-06-2009, 11:47 AM

DD

You are a frigging toolshed. You were drinking the Artest Koolaid long before anyone else. Google is a bitch!

On Ron Artest 7-30-2008

"He is WAY better than Mad Max....now let's hope he gets a ring too.

DD"

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
You are a frigging toolshed. You were drinking the Artest Koolaid long before anyone else. Google is a bitch!

On Ron Artest 7-30-2008

DD"

GD you, Dakota!! You pulled Cubby's pant's down, did me dirt.

Thanks, Inda!:lol

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM

On Ron Artest 7-30-2008

DD"

Now that your alter ego Kill Bill is no longer here, I guess you like to make stuff up.

I was ALWAYS against getting Artest.....unless we got him for NOTHING because we could flip his contract.

We did get him for nothing.....the comment you quoted was after the Rockets got him.....nothing changed, I still thought he would screw it up....and he did....but I also believed we could flip his contract for something better once the team figured out what I already knew...which was that he and TMac would not fit.

Nice try "Kill Bill 2"

But you fail..again.

DD

Indazone
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Lies!! I know your small pea brain can't get that two IP accounts in two different cities equals two different posters. But believe what you want. You humor me.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Lies!! I know your small pea brain can't get that two IP accounts in two different cities equals two different posters. But believe what you want. You humor me.

Yeah, do you want me to dig up your post where you talk about all your different account names like:

Scolarules, Apollo, BBallscientist, Kill Bill...heck...you have more personalities than Sybil.

Whatever dude.....you are just a sad little kid....I pity you.

DD

Indazone
10-06-2009, 01:19 PM
That all ya got? C'mon defend yourself man! LOL

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151889 :lol

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
You lied, Dakota. Result: your pants are on fire.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hah, I never lie.....

And saying he is better than Mad Max is hardly contradicting that entire thread of Artest discussion...

Just read the thread I posted.....you get the idea.

Artest is a cancer....always has been, always will be.

DD

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
All from the Artest thread earlier
-------------------------------------------------

Post 56: conversely, he destroys LA's chemistry and losing Odom hurts them more than Artest helps them.

Why do people like Artest so much? Which team has he lead to anything, EVER?

The guy plays hard, but he is a ball stopper, he does NOT move without the ball and he does not play off of it either, he needs the ball to be effective, he does not fit with TMac......as a primary handler....

Artest is a bull in a china shop, but to me, he is just not worth it.

I would be happy to trade Battier for the right complimentary piece, but not for Artest.....not today, not ever.

Post 61:

The point is that we need players that move without the ball, creative penetrating types, that is not Artest.

He has a great one on one game.....but IMHO, his game does not translate well to a TMac and Yao game.

Post 67:Artest has sold out his teamates and organization at every stop, and has not been a winner or leader, more of a cancerous distraction...everywhere.

I do not want him taking a leadership role on the Rockets......sure he has skills, but they don't translate well to this team, and I doubt seriously the Maloofs have any interest at all in helping Adelman.....

Well of course add him if you can get him for expiring contracts, but trading any starter or significant player is a LOT to lose and risk, this team has great chemistry and will be even better under Adelman's system in year 2.

I think many people are overvaluing Artest and undervaluing chemistry....

Just say no to JR Rider part deaux.

Post 74:

But if you want to talk about leadership and Artest....IMHO, the Rockets are in a leadership transitional stage, where the mantle is being passed from Tmac to Yao....I think Yao will make a fine leader, and is just beginning to accept that role, the last thing I want to do is bring in an UBER strong personality like Artest to gum up that transition[/b].....we don't need it....we have our Tim Duncan, let's find good guys to surround him with....

I honestly think that Artest is a cancer, a distraction, and is prone to just going off the deep end.

---------------------------------------------

And on and on it goes...you get the idea.

Inda is just mad at me because I busted him for his multiple personalities on this board.

Kill Bill would start a thread, and Inda would instantly post in it like it had merit.....he did the same thing on Clutchfans got caught and banned for it.

The rules are more lax here....which is fine....but just pointing out what he is, and how he comes into threads trying to get back at me....

Whatever, he can take aim, but his shots bounce off....

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
And on and on it goes...you get the idea.

Inda is just mad at me because I busted him for his multiple personalities on this board.

Kill Bill would start a thread, and Inda would instantly post in it like it had merit.....he did the same thing on Clutchfans got caught and banned for it.

The rules are more lax here....which is fine....but just pointing out what he is, and how he comes into threads trying to get back at me....

Whatever, he can take aim, but his shots bounce off....

DD

You've been less than forthright. You come off weak & puny. You're talking out both sides of your mouth for over a year, Dakota. Your ass is completely covered no matter how it/Artest turned out. That's BS. Take a f'in stand and live with the reality. It ain't end of the world if you're proven right OR wrong. And just because you were decimated by injury doesn't make Artest the boogeyman. You were the lone competent team (aside from the Lakers) in the entire '09 Playoffs, inclusive of the injuries. Artest was part of that effort, if not the spearhead. He didn't pull a Wafer and fold the tent. He played the string out and took his fate.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
You've been less than forthright. You come off weak & puny. You're talking out both sides of your mouth for over a year, Dakota. Your ass is completely covered no matter how it/Artest turned out. That's BS.

That is false, I said Artest was better than Mad Max, which is true...lol - had nothing to do with our discussion about him and chemistry, do you understand what Context means?

Take a f'in stand and live with the reality. It ain't end of the world if you're proven right OR wrong. And just because you were decimated by injury doesn't make Artest the boogeyman. You were the lone competent team (aside from the Lakers) in the entire '09 Playoffs, inclusive of the injuries. Artest was part of that effort, if not the spearhead. He didn't pull a Wafer and fold the tent. He played the string out and took his fate.

LOL - yeah, everything in your world must be black and white.....

I never wanted Artest, but if the team can get him for peanuts, then sure, roll the dice.

Whatever, if that is too hard for you to understand, no biggie.

Here try this on for size....Artest will totally screw up LA's chemistry and they will not win another ring with him playing any significant role.

Enjoy ! See ya next May when I remind you of this......LOL.

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I never wanted Artest, but if the team can get him for peanuts, then sure, roll the dice.

DD

"but"....you can't follow "I never wanted Artest" with a "but".

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Here try this on for size....Artest will totally screw up LA's chemistry and they will not win another ring with him playing any significant role.

Enjoy ! See ya next May when I remind you of this......LOL.

DD

When did Artest screw up your chemistry?

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
"but"....you can't follow "I never wanted Artest" with a "but".

Sure you can, it is what we do in business every day, we attach values and assess risk....Artest was a cancer, but getting him for Donte Green and a first round pick....sure...take the shot....and if it doesn't work (Which I said it wouldn't) then you can move the asset for another player.

The Rockets failed when they didn't move his contract, so they got nothing for him......and thus it was a mistake on Morey's part....one of very few, IMO.

Asset management - that is what you do....

When did Artest screw up your chemistry?

All last year, the dude was horrible with McGrady, he caused trouble in the clubhouse, and after his antics in the playoffs getting on the team bus with sponsors in his underwear the Rockets never wanted him back.

And if he is such a prize then why is it that the Lakers signed him for less money than he was making last year.

You guys screwed up......you should have kept Ariza, he played his role very well, Artest has his own role in mind.

Trust me, you will see...

Does this mean that you're going in hiding, full of shame for the bull shit you were called on?

I don't hide, am not afraid of being wrong, putting my opinion out there.....

Artest will screw the Lakers up....that is my take...

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Sure you can, it is what we do in business every day, we attach values and assess risk....Artest was a cancer, but getting him for Donte Green and a first round pick....sure...take the shot....and if it doesn't work (Which I said it wouldn't) then you can move the asset for another player.

The Rockets failed when they didn't move his contract, so they got nothing for him......and thus it was a mistake on Morey's part....one of very few, IMO.

Asset management - that is what you do....

All last year, the dude was horrible with McGrady, he caused trouble in the clubhouse, and after his antics in the playoffs getting on the team bus with sponsors in his underwear the Rockets never wanted him back.

And if he is such a prize then why is it that the Lakers signed him for less money than he was making last year.

You guys screwed up......you should have kept Ariza, he played his role very well, Artest has his own role in mind.

Trust me, you will see...

But, everybody blamed McGrady and said you were better without him. Now you want to rewrite history.

And the underwear event didn't even get mentioned until he went to California.

We signed him for less because he wanted in...wanted to play with Odom & Kobe. He sold himself short.

Buss had two choices:

Odom & Artest

OR

Ariza

Odom delivered it in the '09 playoffs, and his reward was less money, but, they gave him Artest in lieu.

If Buss doesn't usher Ariza out of town immediately and plays grab ass with him he runs the risk of Odom getting flat-eared and bolting. Then we get neither Odom OR Artest and we're down to Ariza. Buss ended it before it ever got started when kicked Ariza over the CA. border in broad daylight.

I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I understand the Lakers thinking, I just don't believe they did the right thing.

And why was it Odom and Artest, or Ariza and Odom?

Ariza got the same money in Houston that Artest did....how would it be different.

Kupchak never even offered Ariza a contract, just said go out and set your worth...if he had offered him the MLE, even Ariza said he would have taken it.

And.....as for McGrady...I am NOT a fan of his either.

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I understand the Lakers thinking, I just don't believe they did the right thing.

And why was it Odom and Artest, or Ariza and Odom?

Ariza got the same money in Houston that Artest did....how would it be different.

Kupchak never even offered Ariza a contract, just said go out and set your worth...if he had offered him the MLE, even Ariza said he would have taken it.

And.....as for McGrady...I am NOT a fan of his either.

DD

Because that is what Odom wanted. & Odom delivered in the '09 Playoffs. Buss owed him, but, Buss was shrewd:::he pinpointed Odom's wants/wishes(Artest) and immediately granted the wish, saving himself a undetermined amount of money. Odom was already on public record recruiting Artest. Artest had likewise sold himself out in public thru the shower event with Kobe, so, Buss bumrushed Artest to the line which is dotted and by jettisoning Ariza in full view of both Artest & Odom. It was all made possible by basically two events.

1. The public "love affair" twixt Odom/Artest/Kobe.

2. Odom delivering it in the Finals.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
OK,

Then I think Buss screwed up by pandering to Odom...

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
OK,

Then I think Buss screwed up by pandering to Odom...

DD

If he doesn't pander to him, he'll lose both Odom & Artest and he's stuck overpaying Ariza. Then we're fucked.

Buss could rationalize pandering to Odom because everybody and their mother had been dogging Odom for 10 years to execute in the playoffs. And he finally did while concurrently courting Artest in public. Buss jumped all over it and paid each of them less money then they were worth. On raw sight Artest is hungry/Odom sated but feeling pressure to assist Artest in getting sated/Ariza is sated.

Once Odom delivered in the Playoffs and Finals Buss was committed. He just got extremely fortunate that Artest came a flirtin'.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 03:01 PM
If he doesn't pander to him, he'll lose both Odom & Artest and he's stuck overpaying Ariza. Then we're fucked.

Buss could rationalize pandering to Odom because everybody and their mother had been dogging Odom for 10 years to execute in the playoffs. And he finally did while concurrently courting Artest in public. Buss jumped all over it and paid each of them less money then they were worth. On raw sight Artest is hungry/Odom sated but feeling pressure to assist Artest in getting sated/Ariza is sated.

Once Odom delivered in the Playoffs and Finals Buss was committed. He just got extremely fortunate that Artest came a flirtin'.

Hitching your wagon to a guy who busts his butt every once in a while is a bad move.

Odom is the classic case of a guy who has lots of talent and lacks the work ethic to maximize it.

When players get to make decisions on who stays and goes, it rarely works out.

DD

picc84
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm concerned but what do you want us to do? Give up hope? The guy is on our team whether we want it or not, our only choice is to be positive and hope for the best.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Hitching your wagon to a guy who busts his butt every once in a while is a bad move.

Odom is the classic case of a guy who has lots of talent and lacks the work ethic to maximize it.

When players get to make decisions on who stays and goes, it rarely works out.

DD

Yes, and the key to keeping Odom awake is his commitment to Artest, perhaps not wanting Artest to see him "asleep" at the wheel, wanting to assist Artest to the end.

Buss got his (Odom delivering in the Finals). That is what Buss wanted and he got everything he asked for. You can only win it once each time. You can't do better than that. He can't win it and transform Odom. He can't win it and make CO. go away. He can only win it. It does not get better than that. That's as good as it can get. He can't win it (with Odom) and then give Odom short shrift saying in essence: "Well, you did it, but, I still don't have faith in you." He can think that, but, he can't say it aloud. He's got to look eye & "pay" Odom. And he did...with Artest.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes, and the key to keeping Odom awake is his commitment to Artest, perhaps not wanting Artest to see him "asleep" at the wheel, wanting to assist Artest to the end.

And thus begins the problems with Artest.............

DD

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
And thus begins the problems with Artest.............

DD

But, it's Odom who is ostensibly "asleep"...Buss is betting he'll feel responsible to Artest and his attendant championship aspiration to "stay awake" assist Artest to a ring, Buss by default gets another, Kobe cops another and he'll worry about '11 when Artest & Odom are both sated & tp'ing/mooning Venice Beach when '11 gets here.

jazzypimp
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Culburn I feel bad that we here at spurstalk are keeping you away from your quality time with your kids. I am going to start a petition for your kids to get their daddy back. They've been neglected for too long!!
There needs to be an intervention.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Culburn I feel bad that we here at spurstalk are keeping you away from your quality time with your kids. I am going to start a petition for your kids to get their daddy back. They've been neglected for too long!!
There needs to be an intervention.

Don't fret, they're all adults and gone on their own.

jazzypimp
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't fret, they're all adults and gone on their own.

LOL:lol

exstatic
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
The Scorpion and the Frog
One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.