PDA

View Full Version : Robin Lopez/CJ Miles injuries

Shank
10-05-2009, 02:45 PM
PHOENIX - Phoenix Suns center Robin Lopez will undergo surgery to repair a broken fifth metatarsal in his left foot, the club announced today. Lopez suffered the injury in the second half of the team's intrasquad scrimmage Saturday in San Diego.

The procedure to insert a screw will be performed tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 6, by Dr. Gus Armendariz at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix. Lopez is expected to miss between six and eight weeks.

As a rookie in 2008-09, the Stanford product averaged 3.2 points and 2.0 rebounds while appearing in 60 games.

The Suns open exhibition play tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 6, hosting Euroleague club Partizan Belgrade at US Airways Center at 7 p.m.
-------------

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Utah Jazz shooting guard C.J. Miles has a
ruptured ligament in his left thumb and will need surgery.
The Jazz say Miles injured his shooting hand in a fall during
practice Monday at London's O2 Arena, where Utah plays the Chicago
Bulls in a preseason game Tuesday.
The Jazz won't know how long Miles will be out until after the
surgery.
Utah opens the regular season Oct. 28 in Denver.
Miles averaged a career-high 9.1 points last season and scored
16 Thursday night in Utah's preseason opener against Denver.

DaDakota
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Same break Yao had a couple of years ago if I am not mistaken.

DD

Culburn369
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
"The procedure to insert a screw will be performed tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 6, by Dr. Gus Armendariz at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix. Lopez is expected to miss between six and eight weeks."

6-8 weeks huh? Yeah, right.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
A 6-8 week Robin Lopez injury is probably the best Suns news all off season.

Morg1411
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
A 6-8 week Robin Lopez injury is probably the best Suns news all off season.

Word. Brook got the BB talent in that family.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Word. Brook got the BB talent in that family.

Don't worry though, Taylor got all the BB talent in the Griffin family :lmao

Xylus
10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
There go our title chances.

Girasuck
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Miles should be back within 7-10 weeks going by other players that have had this surgery and the time it took them to get back. The bad part for C.J. is that it's his shooting thumb, which I'm sure will bother him longer than the 7-10 weeks it will take to get back. I feel bad for him cause he was poised to have a breakout year. Hopefully he won't miss more than 10 games.

Thompson
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Don't the Thunder have the Suns' unprotected pick this year? Any more problems for Phoenix this year and the Thunder will be very very good next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Seriously, why did the Suns not take Speights?

Because Kerr is an idiot and he knew that it'd be easy to sell Lopez off as a hard working, tough blue collar player cause he's white.

noob cake
10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Because Kerr is an idiot and he knew that it'd be easy to sell Lopez off as a hard working, tough blue collar player cause he's white.

I think Kerr was thinking along the lines of attracting the better brother after their rookie contract route.

Taylor -> Blake
Robin -> Brook

pauls931
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I go with Kerr being an idiot. I wish I could be paid the big bucks for being a moron and driving the Suns into the ground. He'd make a great CEO...