PDA

View Full Version : Pick your Poison!

LakerGod
04-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Kori so wanted a real take?

The fight for the number 7 spot is between Denver and Houston, Denver is the more than likely candidate to play your lousy team, on the other hand, I think the top seed is out of your reach, your team won't even tie Phoenix, Phoenix play 3 home 1 road games, spurs already played a roadie and lost, 2 more road games at Memphis and at Minnesota, one home vs Memphis. What do these teams have in common? both are still fighting for the 8th and final spot, they are desperate to win their remaining games (Minnesota is not totally out of it).
So pick your poison of these 3 possible scenarios:

vs. Denver Regular season series tied 2-2

Denver the hottest team in the NBA right now averaging more than 100 points per game and blowing out the opposition (including last game against spurs)

vs. Houston Regular Season Series 2-2

(Matchup Not likely but possible) Houston have been playing oustanding basketball we know how impressive was that flurry of 3-pointers in 34 seconds early in December.

...Last but no least:

vs. Memphis Regular Season Series 0-2..Ouch!

Lucky lucky! This is a very unlikely matchup since Phoenix have alraedy wrapped up the top seed but is worth mentioning a possible matchup.

Memphis has embarrassed the spurs both at home and on the road, Memphis has played pretty good defense agaisnt the spurs and is also a better running team then the spurs.

Whoever you play in the playoffs is going to be your worst nightmare and killers of your titles hopes!

UPSET in the works folks!

PS Don't try to counter with your Lakers suck...blah, blah blah..

:drunk

LakerGod
04-13-2005, 11:37 PM
BTW How 'bout Mehmet Okur...

Latest spurs' killer in crunch time! :wow

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:37 PM
PS Don't try to counter with your Lakers suck.

Don't have to. Everyone with half a brain already knows it.

Jimcs50
04-13-2005, 11:41 PM

That would be like saying Jeffery Dahmer had a strange appetite.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2005, 11:42 PM
How bout those *insert shitty team name here*? they seem to have the kobeshow's number to me

LakerGod
04-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I knew it...

Please stick to the topic or are you afraid of something...?

:lol

The Lakers will be waiting for you fishing in Canyon Lake early next month.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:48 PM
You know when a person sucks as a fan? When their team sucks so much dick that they have to resort to talking trash vicariously on behalf of other teams.

Leetonidas
04-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Don't have to. Everyone with half a brain already knows it.

So then this guy has like a quarter of a brain. :lol

Seriously, you're retarded.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-13-2005, 11:54 PM
for being a laker fan you really go out of your way to know alot of things about the SPURS.Who ever we play bring'em on SPURS are not afraid of no team,fans like you try to make a big deal that the SPURS are scared of playing the teams you talked about.DON'T BE PISSED BECAUSE YOUR FRONT OFFICE TRADED THE BIG FELLOW YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR YOUR LAST NBA TITLE 2002,BECAUSE THATS THE LAST ONE THE lakers WIN IN THE NEXT 10+YEARS

infinite styles
Is it me or does LakerGod remind everybody of Jim Carey playing the Riddler. He's probably on the computer in a purple and gold spandex singing "Riddle me this, Riddle me that, Why the hell did we get rid of Shaq!"

Aggie Hoopsfan
LakerGod's just an introverted, masturbating troll. And a great punching bag on this site, because his takes are the lamest I've ever seen and even worse for him his team couldn't beat a lot of high school JV squads around.

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:00 AM
LOL you spurs fans really make me laugh, :lol

The Lakers have destroyed your team throughout the years and now you try to compare your little franchise to the great Laker organization?

How many championships have the Lakers won?

How many pseudo-championships have the spurs won?

infinite styles
04-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow nice comeback...I haven't seen you use that one before.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Give me your take on the Lakers' potential playoff matchups.

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:03 AM
for being a laker fan you really go out of your way to know alot of things about the SPURS.Who ever we play bring'em on SPURS are not afraid of no team,fans like you try to make a big deal that the SPURS are scared of playing the teams you talked about.DON'T BE PISSED BECAUSE YOUR FRONT OFFICE TRADED THE BIG FELLOW YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR YOUR LAST NBA TITLE 2002,BECAUSE THATS THE LAST ONE THE lakers WIN IN THE NEXT 10+YEARS
10+ years?

Bwahahahaha

Hey show me the secret to mantain Duncan young.

One man Show!

E20
04-14-2005, 12:05 AM
So far we all know that:

Spurs > Denver
Spurs > Housten
Spurs > Memphis
Spurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers.

One man show!

So far the only one man show in the NBA is Kobe.
Everybody knows that the Spurs have players that support Duncan; Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, Horry, Barry, Mohammad, Nestorivich, Udrih and hopefully Glenn Robinson. If Duncan is a one man show he should be averaging 35 points.

Leetonidas
04-14-2005, 12:10 AM
10+ years?

Bwahahahaha

One man Show!

Bit of a hypocrite aren't we?

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:10 AM
So far we all know that:

Spurs > Denver
Spurs > Housten
Spurs > Memphis
Spurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers.
spurs < Nuggets
spurs = Rockets
spurs < Grizzlies

Fixed it for you

E20
04-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Why don't you respond to the rest of my post.

Experiment2100
spurs < Nuggets
spurs = Rockets
spurs < Grizzlies

Fixed it for you

The Nugs have won zero games against them when Duncan steps on the floor so what exactly are you basing this on.

Leetonidas
spurs < Nuggets
spurs = Rockets
spurs < Grizzlies

Fixed it for you

I notice you didn't take time to fix the Lakers.

I got a word for you, "Fair-Weather Fan."

pooh
04-14-2005, 12:19 AM
no team wants to play Denver right now

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
The Nugs have won zero games against them when Duncan steps on the floor so what exactly are you basing this on.
Here we go the Duncan injury excuse, The Nuggets are better since Karl took over, is worth mentioning that popovich hasn't won a single game agaisnt Karl since............................................h is Milwaukee years as head coach?

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:23 AM
The Spurs have a death wish....

Playing Denver is like SUICIDE!

I guess is more important for the spurs a meaningless division title than the real thing!

Oh well :lol

Experiment2100
04-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Here we go the Duncan injury excuse, The Nuggets are better since Karl took over, is worth mentioning that popovich hasn't won a single game agaisnt Karl since............................................h is Milwaukee years as head coach?

You set the rules, you said not to mentiion the Lakers, and I didn't. Okay, so the Spurs are 2-0 against Karl and 2-0 with Duncan without the two meeting in the same game where is the precident that you base this idea that they will be beaten by them.

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
You set the rules, you said not to mentiion the Lakers, and I didn't. Okay, so the Spurs are 2-0 against Karl and 2-0 with Duncan without the two meeting in the same game where is the precident that you base this idea that they will be beaten by them.I think is more like 8-0 against Karl...

If the spurs couldn't beat the lowly Jazz with Duncan what makes you think they are going to beat the sizzling Nuggs?

The Nuggets and Karl will pull another UPSET this year.

infinite styles
04-14-2005, 12:35 AM
The Nuggests and Karl will pull another UPSET this year.

I may have missed something but what was the first UPSET that you speak of?

Experiment2100
04-14-2005, 12:38 AM
I think is more like 8-0 against Karl...

If the spurs couldn't beat the lowly Jazz with Duncan what makes you think they are going to beat the sizzling Nuggs?

The Nuggests and Karl will pull another UPSET this year.

Another?

When Duncan is healthy enough to play in the game winning possesion maybe the game turns out different. I won't go into hypotheticals however. The key of being beating with Duncan is that he played only 20 minutes. If he goes through the playoffs playing 20 minutes/game the Spurs will have a tough im beating anyone.

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah the Nuggs pulled an upset a few years back against Karl!

Experiment2100
04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah the Nuggs pulled an upset a few years back against Karl!

Well then by your logic that argument isn't really valid then is it?

infinite styles
04-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Well then that argument isn't really valid than is it?
Was about to say the same thing.....If anything he gonna screw things up like he did a couple years back.

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Huh?

Experiment2100
04-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Huh?
My apologies, maybe next time I will be clearer.

Are you serious?

History is.....well HISTORY!

In the past...

Look at the present time...

Mugshot
04-14-2005, 01:58 AM
LakerGod = Bob Hill

Duncanoypi
04-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Spurs will beat Denver/Houston/Memphies in the 1st round...

and LakerGod will do his disappearing act like he always do in ths forum!...

Be a MAN LakerGod!!!...

slayermin
04-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Actually, five thru seven can flip flop several times before the season ends. Also, Sac playing Phoenix twice is huge for us. If Phoenix loses one or two to Sac, the Spurs may get the top seed. If they sweep Sac, the Kings may fall to seven which would be CANDY.

Ozzy
04-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Thank you, LakerGod.

Thank you for once again casting your good luck charm onto the San Antonio Spurs.

We are eagerly waiting on your prediction after we win the first round. Please don't stop posting.

PopHater
04-14-2005, 06:11 AM
The Spurs have a death wish....

Playing Denver is like SUICIDE!

I guess is more important for the spurs a meaningless division title than the real thing!

Oh well :lol

Meaningless? You do realize that there will be up to 4 teams coming out of division don't you? Unlike the bitch ass Lukers division that normally posts only two.

The disturbing thing is not that you are a Lakers fan. It is that you seem to know so much about our precious Spurs. I am guessing that you were Bulls fan up to MJ's first retirement too. Then you kinda walked around in NBA limbo waiting for the next best thing to show up, only to have MJ return. Lucky for you you still had some old 23 stuff collecting dust in the closet. LG be sure to change your name to HeatBaby for next year's season. I also hear that ebay is a good place to "swap-meet" your Laker junk for Heat crap. And please spare me the "I'm a Shaq fan BS, because you know you just want to like a winner."

dcole50
04-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Please stick to the topic or are you afraid of something...?

fine, every team you mentioned is very beatable. we can beat houston. we can beat denver. we can beat memphis. happy?

we're just lucky to be here. we weren't supposed to win another game after the duncan injury and we were going to be a three seed at best? remember? hahah. now, go back to crying about your boy kobe trading away this season's mvp to miami.

Useruser666
04-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Has anyone asked you to pick your ping pong ball yet?

romsho
04-14-2005, 07:38 AM
I would enjoy a meaningfull take from LakerPud about the Lakers, and how they are going to pull themselves out of the lottery shithole now or anytime soon. Other than that, all this third grade nah nah na nah nah your team sucks repetitive crap is a waste of everyones time. Christ you must be bored.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-14-2005, 08:18 AM

everybody said the same thing last year about the grizz. 4-0 sweep

Rummpd
04-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Oh yeh a 58 win team that is deep, experienced, has rings and a 2x MVP etc. has to cringe about who they are playing.

Go back under a rock or join your team at the fishn hole.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I actually enjoy reading LakerGod's posts. Not only is he always wrong, he also shows the Hate to the Spurs that has been lacking.

You know you're a good team when people show up with foaming at the mouth Hate and no logic! They have to make dire playoff predictions to somehow quell their anger.

Well, we've heard it all before. Last year, in fact, we were supposed to lose to the Grizzlies in the first round. We were swept (or lost to them) in the regular season, and they were supposed to match up well.

Well, we swept the Grizzlie back. I suspect we will lose one or two games to the Nuggets, since they have a Hell of a homecourt advantage ("can't breathe, no air"), but Spurs will win in the end.

And how come LakerGod is not impressed with TD scoring 17 pts in 20 minutes after missing 12 straight games? That's 6 of 7 FG, or 85.7%. The only reason we didn't win is because Pop would rather lose a game than risk TD this early. I back him up on that, and give him props for sticking to his guns.

Sportcamper
04-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Denver... Not a chance... (Spurs playoff defense with smother them)

Houston...TMAC can take over a game, anytime...teamed with Yao, they have to be considered the X-Factor...

Phoenix....Not....

Memphis...Gutsy Team... (Plays Jerry West Type Ball)...Just not enough talent...

Mehmet Okur...Lisa Leslie is more Dominating in crunch time.... (No I am Not Kidding) :lol

Miami...Shaq is out again with a mysterious stomach aliment.... (Is he taking anti-inflammatory medication again?) :depressed

Finals = Pistons & Spurs.... :smokin

OM_fever
04-14-2005, 08:57 AM
I've been reading LakerGod's thread for a while now and it's still the same craps. Just remember, we weren't even able to win games without Tim, we win big games & no he tries to find something else! So please try to find back your brain (I suppose you had one, but I must be wrong!), if Spurs were so bad, why do we have seed # 2? You seem to be really clever so you should have a good explanations. Please do it quickly, I'd like to have good laugh before leaving!!! (and why other teams which are so strong doesn't have a better seed?!)

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 08:58 AM
So what happens when we beat the nuggets in round 1 (that is if we play them)? Can we get a banishment on LakerGod and his weak ass takes?

Hook Dem
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Dear Lakergod http://img181.echo.cx/img181/2954/256671f9nh.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

gay abc
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM

maybe - but does any team wanna play the spurs right now or anytime for that matter :smokin

BELIEVE!!!!!!

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
LOL

No, the spursies are not going to the Finals...

Keep on dreaming...

It doesn't cost anything...

Enjoy your early vacation!

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 02:39 PM
maybe - but does any team wanna play the spurs right now or anytime for that matter :smokin

BELIEVE!!!!!!
Actually, YES!

Every team is licking their chops to play the spursies in the opening round.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Actually, YES!

LA would probably like to play them in the playoffs I'd bet.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Actually, YES!

Well, I know one team that wished they were playing the Spurs (or any other team) in the first round:

The Lakers! :drunk Enjoy your vacation, Kobe! Don't do anything else stupid.

Seriously, you think ANY team would rather face the Spurs than the Grizzlies, Kings, Rockets, Mavs or Sonics?

Right now, the Suns and Nuggets are being given a lot of hype. But what teams listed above have serious playoff experience? With the same team?

None. The Mavs are without Nash. The Suns, while they have Nash, have never been in the playoffs with this roster. The Kings? The Grizzlies? First round exits, everybody (except LakerGawd) knows that.

Hell, the only reason I don't think the Nuggets are a first round exit is i think they'll get matched with the Sonics (3 vs 6) and move on the 2nd round. Then they'll be beat by the "Spursies."

LakerGod, it's good to be Hated. Bet you wish the Lakers were even worthy of some hate.... :elephant

texbumTHElife
04-14-2005, 02:56 PM
What is George Karl's playoffs record? Yeah, he is sure someone to fear when the games really mean something. How many chances did he have in Seattle?

Houston needed a historic 30 seconds to beat us one of the times they beat us. How many times in a 7 game series will they be able to pull that off?

Memphis beat us by 3 and 2. How that translates into embarassing us I have no idea. I was under the impression that losing by 3 or 2 was a close game.

ImDaShitYaAll
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
STFU LakerGod...from what i've read so far, you dont know ANYTHING...and I'm sure a lot of other people here would agree with me

Spurs košarka kultura
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey Faggotgod what ever happened to that 52-30 prediction?
You were right on target with that one weren't you?

I suppose you and your little dead-end job get all the scoops on exactly what teams are thinking correct?

(Matchup Not likely but possible) Houston have been playing oustanding basketball we know how impressive was that flurry of 3-pointers in 34 seconds early in December.

Oh well since were reminiscing I seem to recall a game between us and the Rockets (March 27) in which we beat them by 13 w/o Duncan and they struggled to score 70. Oh and did I mention the Rockets were completely heathly?

Anyway here is a little reading for ya........

http://www.nba.com/features/power_rankings_050414.html

Oh and don't worry your little Lakers are still in the league you just have to scroll down a little....................to number 22. Got to love the caption next to the Clippers:The Clippers haven't finished a season with a better record than the Lakers since 1993. :lol

bigzak25
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
the nuggets are good, but they are not on the Spurs level....gimme a break LG. they'll get toasted in 5 games max.

LilMissSPURfect
04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
i dont understand how everyone talks about how everyone wants to avoid playing denver....etc.

shouldn't the real question be how is houston denver and memphis trying like shit to avoid getting a can of whoop ass opened up on them?

SPURS WILL BE RESTED

and HEALTHY

and on their destined MISSION!!!

samikeyp
04-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Fuck this "everybody wants to avoid this team" bullshit. I have never liked that and it happens every year. You do the best you can during the regular season, then face who you gotta face. You can either sac up and play your hearts out or go the hell home.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Fuck this "everybody wants to avoid this team" bullshit. I have never liked that and it happens every year. You do the best you can during the regular season, then face who you gotta face. You can either sac up and play your hearts out or go the hell home.

True. Fear no-one.

That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

But you can bet your ass that some teams are fearing the Spurs right now... :king

FromWayDowntown
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
You play who you play.

You beat who you play.

You hoist a trophy at the end.

Pretty simple stuff.

We got through this crap every year. In 2003, some actually picked the Suns to knock off the Spurs in Round 1 since the Suns had gone 3-1 against SA in the regular season. While the Marbury/Stoudemire heroics of Game 1 made it a 6 game series, the Spurs proved superior in the end (and better than everyone else, too). Last year, it was Memphis, who also went 3-1 in the regular season, but as several have already pointed out, that meant nothing in a playoff series.

I respect the heck out of what Karl has done in Denver. But until Marcus Camby or Kenyon Martin can defend Tim Duncan -- and neither has done so in playoff opportunities in the 1999 and 2003 Finals -- Denver hasn't shown any real ability to stop the things that make the Spurs offense work.

Meanwhile, it seems terribly unlikely to me that Denver will remain in the 7 spot come next Wednesday. I suspect the Spurs will face either the Kings or the Rockets in round 1, both of which are favorable matchups for the Spurs.

If the Spurs don't get out of round 1 for some reason (and, thus far in his career, if Tim Duncan has played even 1 minute in a first round series, the Spurs have won that series), it will be a monumental upset.

Hook Dem
04-14-2005, 06:02 PM
i dont understand how everyone talks about how everyone wants to avoid playing denver....etc.

shouldn't the real question be how is houston denver and memphis trying like shit to avoid getting a can of whoop ass opened up on them?

SPURS WILL BE RESTED

and HEALTHY

and on their destined MISSION!!!
Give the lil lady a cigar! WHOOPASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

mookie2001
04-14-2005, 07:05 PM
lakergod, the lakers suck.
really, it's now a fact

.-(thats a period)

LakerGod
04-14-2005, 11:50 PM
I've been reading LakerGod's thread for a while now and it's still the same craps. Just remember, we weren't even able to win games without Tim, we win big games & no he tries to find something else! So please try to find back your brain (I suppose you had one, but I must be wrong!), if Spurs were so bad, why do we have seed # 2? You seem to be really clever so you should have a good explanations. Please do it quickly, I'd like to have good laugh before leaving!!! (and why other teams which are so strong doesn't have a better seed?!)The spurs took advantage early of injured opposition, this is the reason they inflated their record giving them a higher seed, but everything is getting clear now, the spurs are ailing when it really matters and teams who were ailing early in the season (Dallas, Denver, Memphis, Houston Sacto) are getting their act together now when it really matters!

Jdspur20
04-15-2005, 12:12 AM
LOL you spurs fans really make me laugh, :lol

The Lakers have destroyed your team throughout the years and now you try to compare your little franchise to the great Laker organization?

How many championships have the Lakers won?

How many pseudo-championships have the spurs won?

and the lakers organization continues to make great decisions by trading the best player away. oh and, doesn't look like you guys are in contintion for awhile so you shouldn't be talking about championships, well at least you can talk about the past.

LakerGod
04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
and the lakers organization continues to make great decisions by trading the best player away. oh and, doesn't look like you guys are in contintion for awhile so you shouldn't be talking about championships, well at least you can talk about the past.Nah! The laker organization is just too good to let another season slip away, they will make the necessary changes next year to take the Lakers to the next level.

Everyone wants to play for LA!

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 12:31 AM
shouldn't you be changing your name to LotteryGod? :lol

Mugshot
04-15-2005, 01:02 AM
LakerGod,

Can I pick your poison??? Please.

Supergirl
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM
1. The Nuggets have never beat the Spurs this year with Duncan in the line up.

2. Memphis was actually a team that scared me a lot, but their downward slide into the playoffs makes them much less of a threat. Still, there's no reason they couldn't upset someone - either the Suns or the Spurs - the talent's there. I think they'll face the Suns, and I'd love to see the upset them. But I don't think they have the experience to go very far even if they do make it out of the 1st.

3. Spurs easily could have won the Jazz game - the Jazz just got lucky on a last minnute shot - and they would have if Duncan was in the game for the last 9 minutes. Okur is good, but Duncan shuts him down.

4. The Spurs can outrun the Rockets easily.

5. The only real threats the the Spurs in the west are the Mavs, and their own health.

SpursChampsIII
04-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Kori so wanted a real take?

The fight for the number 7 spot is between Denver and Houston, Denver is the more than likely candidate to play your lousy team, on the other hand, I think the top seed is out of your reach, your team won't even tie Phoenix, Phoenix play 3 home 1 road games, spurs already played a roadie and lost, 2 more road games at Memphis and at Minnesota, one home vs Memphis. What do these teams have in common? both are still fighting for the 8th and final spot, they are desperate to win their remaining games (Minnesota is not totally out of it).
So pick your poison of these 3 possible scenarios:

vs. Denver Regular season series tied 2-2

Denver the hottest team in the NBA right now averaging more than 100 points per game and blowing out the opposition (including last game against spurs)

vs. Houston Regular Season Series 2-2

...Last but no least:

vs. Memphis Regular Season Series 0-2..Ouch!

Lucky lucky! This is a very unlikely matchup since Phoenix have alraedy wrapped up the top seed but is worth mentioning a possible matchup.

Memphis has embarrassed the spurs both at home and on the road, Memphis has played pretty good defense agaisnt the spurs and is also a better running team then the spurs.

Whoever you play in the playoffs is going to be your worst nightmare and killers of your titles hopes!

UPSET in the works folks!

:drunk

PICK YOUR POISON--Playoffs, or no playoffs. Clippers > Lakers :lol :lol :lol

MadDog73
04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
The spurs took advantage early of injured opposition, this is the reason they inflated their record giving them a higher seed, but everything is getting clear now, the spurs are ailing when it really matters and teams who were ailing early in the season (Dallas, Denver, Memphis, Houston Sacto) are getting their act together now when it really matters!

???

Who's been injured for the last 12 games from the Mavs, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets, or Kings?

That was their chance to make a run. They failed because the Spurs went 8-4 without Tim Duncan (and other starters to boot).

Why don't you just admit your wrong, and take your poison, and put yourself out of your misery of having to watch another Spurs Championship!

PS: Please name a legitimate contender for the Championship besides the Spurs in the West. And no, all of them are not.

Also, please address the issue you ignored earlier: playoff experience.

EDIT: oh, and sad news for Dallas?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/04/15/mavs.nowitzki.ap/index.html

LakerGod
04-15-2005, 03:16 PM
???

Who's been injured for the last 12 games from the Mavs, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets, or Kings?

That was their chance to make a run. They failed because the Spurs went 8-4 without Tim Duncan (and other starters to boot).

Why don't you just admit your wrong, and take your poison, and put yourself out of your misery of having to watch another Spurs Championship!

PS: Please name a legitimate contender for the Championship besides the Spurs in the West. And no, all of them are not.

Also, please address the issue you ignored earlier: playoff experience.

EDIT: oh, and sad news for Dallas?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/04/15/mavs.nowitzki.ap/index.htmlRead my post before you open your mouth, I said early in the season.

Dallas without Finley and Dampier on a less degree Howard, Daniels...

Denver was without KMart for a couple of games, They are still without starter Voshord Lenard (I think is his name)

Rockets without Sura and J. Howard.

Kings without Brad Miller and Chris Webber was hobbled when the Spurs beat them twice.

Grizzles have been without Gasol.

Nice try!

dcole50
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
The spurs took advantage early of injured opposition, this is the reason they inflated their record giving them a higher seed, but everything is getting clear now, the spurs are ailing when it really matters and teams who were ailing early in the season (Dallas, Denver, Memphis, Houston Sacto) are getting their act together now when it really matters!

hahah. the kings? people should be fearing the kings? and memphis is getting their act togehter? is that why they've nearly slipped out the playoff picture?

if you're going to be an annoying troll, at least come with some legit arguments. i'd be a troll too if my team was much less relevent than the clippers.

Dex
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
34-44?

You might as well become a Clippers fan.

MadDog73
04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Read my post before you open your mouth, I said early in the season.

Read my post again, fucktard.

While those teams were injured EARLY, the Spurs were hobbled this whole last month. That was their chance to catch up.

But unlike these losers, the Spurs didn't roll over and die. They made NBA history by winning two back-to-back double overtime games, without most of their starters in the second one.

And the teams they beat (Warriors and Clips) were no slouches either, both were playing good basketball at the time.

Try again. :drunk

PS: I noticed you haven't even touched my "playoff experience" argument. Do you concede defeat so easily?