PDA

View Full Version : So Called Cowboys Fans, here's a ledge

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
After 4 weeks you all are ready to jump, so I say do it. Me personally, I think the coaches suck and will doom the team, but I'm ready to ride it out with them. And who knows, maybe something flukey will happen. I seem to remember a Giants team underacheiving and ready to run the incompetent coach out of town.

Funny thing happened to that team. They caught lightening in a bottle, rode it to a Super Bowl title over an undefeated team, and now are considered one of the model franchises in sports.

Is Wade Tom Coughlin? Hell no. But strange things have happened before.

I'll stay right here with the team.

Oh and Steelers and Pats fans reading this thread, what's your team's record?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Patriots: 3-1
Cowboys: 2-2

What's your point?

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Patriots: 3-1
Cowboys: 2-2

What's your point?

The point was, Pats and Steelers fans were ready to jump over the edge (Pats fans after Jets game and Steelers fans after Cincy game). And now they love their team again.

In the NFL, one game can change everything. One minute you love your team, next minute you're jumping off a cliff and onto the Texans bandwagon.

Chargers fans thought their team would be better and they're no better or worse than the Cowboys. Give it time folks is all I'm saying.

Spursfan092120
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Still a fan..sorry..not jumping anywhere.

LakasRool4eva
10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Been with the boys since the beginning. I aint going nowhere.

kamikazi_player
10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't mind being critical to my team. I don't think they are doing very well and Romo has made too many mistakes (especially against the Giants that we shoulda won), but it's kinda funny to see other teams like the Raiders, Colts and Texans (LOL texans who beat the Raiders and fans start to get erections) talk trash about the Cowboys and get obsessed with them. We love the attention.

kamikazi_player
10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I've been a fan since the Dave Campo/ Quincy Carter days, I'm a cowboy fan till the day i die.

Spursfan092120
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Dallas is 2-2...a lot of other teams are worse...I'm not going to let people bashing them affect me anymore...Romo's head is up his ass right now. The rest of the team is on target.

symple19
10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
The difference between the Pats/Steelers and the cowgirls is that the previous two teams have excellent head coaches who are strong willed and can make the necessary adjustments to right the ship. Wade is a fat pantywaist who has a domineering owner/GM lording over him. Belicheck and Tomlin are never looking over their shoulders and have a recent culture of success/winning to fall back on.

LOL Cowgirls

Wade/Garret=Fail

redzero
10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4084/bestquarterbacktoeverpl.gif

How can I not be a fan of the best to ever play the game?

kamikazi_player
10-05-2009, 11:09 PM
The difference between the Pats/Steelers and the cowgirls is that the previous two teams have excellent head coaches who are strong willed and can make the necessary adjustments to right the ship. Wade is a fat pantywaist who has a domineering owner/GM lording over him. Belicheck and Tomlin are never looking over their shoulders and have a recent culture of success/winning to fall back on.

LOL Cowgirls

Wade/Garret=Fail
Lol Winers
Lol Rhyming
Lol Farve
Lol Vikings
Lol last second touch down
But seriously, do you really think you guys you'll have a positive record this year? tougher schedule is coming up. But it's cool tough, you guys haven't been relevant for the last 6 years, so u gotta be proud early.

mardigan
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not leaving. Just talking a lot more shit about Romo and coach manatee.

mexicanjunior
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
After 4 weeks you all are ready to jump, so I say do it. Me personally, I think the coaches suck and will doom the team, but I'm ready to ride it out with them.

Good luck with that...

samikeyp
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
After 4 weeks you all are ready to jump, so I say do it. Me personally, I think the coaches suck and will doom the team, but I'm ready to ride it out with them. And who knows, maybe something flukey will happen. I seem to remember a Giants team underacheiving and ready to run the incompetent coach out of town.

Funny thing happened to that team. They caught lightening in a bottle, rode it to a Super Bowl title over an undefeated team, and now are considered one of the model franchises in sports.

Show me where I am about to jump off the Boys bandwagon and I will never post again.

mardigan
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Show me where I am about to jump off the Boys bandwagon and I will never post again.

That a'boy.

symple19
10-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Lol Winers
Lol Rhyming
Lol Farve
Lol Vikings
Lol last second touch down
But seriously, do you really think you guys you'll have a positive record this year? tougher schedule is coming up. But it's cool tough, you guys haven't been relevant for the last 6 years, so u gotta be proud early.

Absolutely. The Niners already have a huge lead within their division and an excellent defense/special teams. Offense is a question mark but it continues to improve. 49ers also have a head coach they can believe in, something Cowboys fans don't. The Niners are built on discipline and a team first attitude that hasn't been present in Dallas for a very long time. So yes, I am proud and I definitely believe they can get into the playoffs.

bostonguy
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
The point was, Pats and Steelers fans were ready to jump over the edge (Pats fans after Jets game and Steelers fans after Cincy game). And now they love their team again.

In the NFL, one game can change everything. One minute you love your team, next minute you're jumping off a cliff and onto the Texans bandwagon.

Chargers fans thought their team would be better and they're no better or worse than the Cowboys. Give it time folks is all I'm saying.

Jumping over the edge? Lng,Mono, and myself weren't anything like that after the Jets game. If anything, we were/ and still are concerned about Tom Brady. None of us were calling the season a lost cause. Pats have started out slow before and finished the year on a strong note. That and having Bill Bellichick at the helm convinces me he will get the best out of this team which is more than enough to keep me calm during a rough start.

symple19
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
To Cowboys fans who are pissed, let me say this. Dennis Erickson/Mike Nolan(terrible coaches and coordinators). Inept offenses. Bad defenses. Me first players. Horrible front office. Long playoff drought. Irrelevance. Great franchise fallen on dismal times. The parallels between the Niners and the Cowboys are many over the last 6 years.

The only thing the Niners don't have that the Boys do is a vast legion of bandwagon fans, an egomaniacal owner, and an undeserved spotlight shining on them at all times, thus my hatred. I really don't attack individual Cowboys fans on here because most of you ARE NOT bandwagoners. You're Texas natives that have every right to root for your team.

If you guys get Cowher, things may change. But I really don't think it will get better until Jerry passes the keys of the front office to a legit GM and the Cowboys take on a more workman like persona, interested in winning games instead of selling tickets and furthering a brand name.

I do know how it feels though, and many of you are right to say that the Niners may still not be back. But, I think the Niners have turned a corner, and eventually so to will the Cowboys.

For good measure...LOL Cowboys

KSeal
10-05-2009, 11:58 PM
lmao cowboys

Death In June
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Romo's head is up his ass right now. The rest of the team is on target.Bullshit. Romo's head is indeed up his ass, but the rest of the team is a bag of fuck right now. Special teams has been the only consistently good point. The glass half full perspective is that the Cowboys had a chance to win both games in the last few seconds. It's not like they're getting blown out. They could still develop into a good team, but as they are the Cowboys, I'm gonna remain skeptical.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-06-2009, 12:26 AM

:lmao

Spursfan092120
10-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Bullshit. Romo's head is indeed up his ass, but the rest of the team is a bag of fuck right now. Special teams has been the only consistently good point. The glass half full perspective is that the Cowboys had a chance to win both games in the last few seconds. It's not like they're getting blown out. They could still develop into a good team, but as they are the Cowboys, I'm gonna remain skeptical.
If it wasn't for Romo, we beat the Giants...the rest of our team, especially our running game, was flawless...look at the stats, we completely owned them, except for QB game.. If it wasn't for Romo making stupid decisions, we beat the Broncos as well. That makes us 4-0. I would say yeah...it's Romo. The rest of the team is not a bag of fuck. Our defense has played decent, and our O-Line has been phenomenal. I've never been the guy to pin it on one player, but there's nowhere else to look right now, besides coaching...but that's obvious.

Spursfan092120
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
lmao cowboys
you are such a trolling douchebag. Do you even post in threads about your own teams anymore?

ATRAIN
10-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Its funny how cowboy fans say Romo's head is up his ass "RIGHT NOW" when in reality his head has been up his ass since day 1.

bigzak25
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
misery loves company. wade and romo are my boys for life!

rjv
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
my father was a huge cowboys fan and because of this i seem to hold on to them since they were my team since childhood. but the team is now held under the tight ship of an egomaniacal owner, has a 30 year old frat boy as its QB and no real charisma or heart. i still root for them and there is no other team that has ever captured my interest but the passion and love for the cowboys i once had is nowhere near the same.

Death In June
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
If it wasn't for Romo, we beat the Giants...the rest of our team, especially our running game, was flawless...look at the stats, we completely owned them, except for QB game.. If it wasn't for Romo making stupid decisions, we beat the Broncos as well. That makes us 4-0. I would say yeah...it's Romo. The rest of the team is not a bag of fuck. Our defense has played decent, and our O-Line has been phenomenal. I've never been the guy to pin it on one player, but there's nowhere else to look right now, besides coaching...but that's obvious.The D has looked okay the last two games, but they were atrocious in the giants game and the tackling has been awful. I think you're severely overrating the line. They're missing blocks, causing penalties on key drives, and getting beat on a lot of plays. The receivers have been running ugly routes, sometimes the wrong ones, and fail to get open. Romo has been high on many of his throws, and careless in the giants game. They've been sucking as a team.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
If it wasn't for Romo, we beat the Giants...the rest of our team, especially our running game, was flawless...look at the stats, we completely owned them, except for QB game.. If it wasn't for Romo making stupid decisions, we beat the Broncos as well. That makes us 4-0. I would say yeah...it's Romo. The rest of the team is not a bag of fuck. Our defense has played decent, and our O-Line has been phenomenal. I've never been the guy to pin it on one player, but there's nowhere else to look right now, besides coaching...but that's obvious.

delusional fuck

manufan10
10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The D has looked okay the last two games, but they were atrocious in the giants game and the tackling has been awful. I think you're severely overrating the line. They're missing blocks, causing penalties on key drives, and getting beat on a lot of plays. The receivers have been running ugly routes, sometimes the wrong ones, and fail to get open. Romo has been high on many of his throws, and careless in the giants game. They've been sucking as a team.

This.

The whole team has had it's moments off being awful. When the Defense needs a key stop, they don't get one. When the Offense needs to keep a drive going, they go three and out. Receivers aren't getting open, Romo has not been accurate so far this year, the secondary has trouble covering people/tackling, outside LB's have struggled to put pressure on the QB's (mainly Spencer, Ware has been double teamed, chipped, and so on, so other side needs to step up), and other things that can be addressed. This team, as a whole, has not shown up consistently.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
This.

The whole team has had it's moments off being awful. When the Defense needs a key stop, they don't get one. When the Offense needs to keep a drive going, they go three and out. Receivers aren't getting open, Romo has not been accurate so far this year, the secondary has trouble covering people/tackling, outside LB's have struggled to put pressure on the QB's (mainly Spencer, Ware has been double teamed, chipped, and so on, so other side needs to step up), and other things that can be addressed. This team, as a whole, has not shown up consistently.

How much is Greg Ellis' absence attributed to the lack of pressure being put on the QB?

manufan10
10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
How much is Greg Ellis' absence attributed to the lack of pressure being put on the QB?

I think it's a great possibility. Spencer has not done anything to prove he is a starter. He's mostly been blocked by one player, and he really hasn't put any pressure on the QB. I think the release of Ellis is the same as TO, it was premature.

Spursfan092120
10-06-2009, 03:22 PM

delusional fuck
I guess you haven't watched the Cowboys this year...ignorant shit.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I guess you haven't watched the Cowboys this year...ignorant shit.

Actually I have and I wouldn't say the team as played very well at all. The secondary sucks, they didn't start getting pressure on the QB until the 3rd game and the run D is above average at best.

The run game has been phenomenal but the pass protection has been shit and the WRs are average at best. So to say the team as a whole is playing well with the exception of the QB is just blind homerism.

Go ahead and keep thinking this team is 4-0. Shit like that just shows how bad of a poster you are.

bostonguy
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Say the Cowboys get wins against the Giants/Broncos and are 4-0. There would still be the same damn problems going on. Lack of discipline, poor clock management, bad tackling, lack of leadership etc etc.

These issues aren't going away. A 4-0 record wouldn't have solved many of these issues as long as Wade/JG are there.

Spursfan092120
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Actually I have and I wouldn't say the team as played very well at all. The secondary sucks, they didn't start getting pressure on the QB until the 3rd game and the run D is above average at best.

The run game has been phenomenal but the pass protection has been shit and the WRs are average at best. So to say the team as a whole is playing well with the exception of the QB is just blind homerism.

Go ahead and keep thinking this team is 4-0. Shit like that just shows how bad of a poster you are.
No..douchebag...what makes you a horrible poster is taking what I said and making it out that I'm saying this team is 4-0. We're 2-2..don't you read the sports section? What I'm saying is that this team is a lot better if Tony Romo doesn't have his head up his ass. We destroyed the Giants, except for Tony's fuckups. Our defense completely owned Denver except for one great play to Brandon Marshall. If our QB even managed the game well, we win that game. How do we not throw one ball to Jason Witten in the end zone at the end of that game? I know that's on Garrett, but it was Romo's decision to throw the ball to Champ Bailey on 4th down...and to throw it to him 15 other times. That's on him. I think Tony has a lot of potential, and the fastest release in the NFL, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. Oh, and shit like completely fucking up what I said and turning it in to what you THINK I said is what makes you a dumb ass.

LOL texans
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I really don't understand what the hell the Cowboys are doing on offense? I've seen them play 3 times this year and they can put up points one week, againts the Giants, and then totally suck ass against the Bronocs and only put up 10 pts. One series they run the ball like 80% of the time(which is good for me in FF), score, then the next series pass on first down, pass on second down, penalty, then run on third and long???

Some of the worst play calling I've ever seen.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2009, 05:58 PM
No..douchebag...what makes you a horrible poster is taking what I said and making it out that I'm saying this team is 4-0. We're 2-2..don't you read the sports section? What I'm saying is that this team is a lot better if Tony Romo doesn't have his head up his ass. We destroyed the Giants, except for Tony's fuckups. Our defense completely owned Denver except for one great play to Brandon Marshall. If our QB even managed the game well, we win that game. How do we not throw one ball to Jason Witten in the end zone at the end of that game? I know that's on Garrett, but it was Romo's decision to throw the ball to Champ Bailey on 4th down...and to throw it to him 15 other times. That's on him. I think Tony has a lot of potential, and the fastest release in the NFL, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. Oh, and shit like completely fucking up what I said and turning it in to what you THINK I said is what makes you a dumb ass.

I wouldn't say they "destroyed" the Giants. The Giants still scored 33 points on the defense. I wouldn't call that "destroying" the Giants. The run game did but the secondary sucks ass. You are saying that the only reason the Cowboys are 2-2 is because of Romo but that's not the case. He is a HUGE problem but the secondary is complete crap, the only team that tackles worse than the Cowboys are the Texans and coaching is joke. The only good thing about this Dallas team is the run game.

Spursfan092120
10-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't say they "destroyed" the Giants. The Giants still scored 33 points on the defense. I wouldn't call that "destroying" the Giants. The run game did but the secondary sucks ass. You are saying that the only reason the Cowboys are 2-2 is because of Romo but that's not the case. He is a HUGE problem but the secondary is complete crap, the only team that tackles worse than the Cowboys are the Texans and coaching is joke. The only good thing about this Dallas team is the run game.
I'm not saying my team is playing great...far from it, in fact, but if Romo has decent games against NY and Denver, we win those games...you can't deny that. We should have beaten NY, and if Romo doesn't have 4 turnovers, we do. And the decisions Romo made in that Denver game were incomprehensible...it was ridiculous. A QB is supposed to be the one to lead a team to victory, not cause defeat. I like Romo, but like I said, he's got to get his head out if Dallas is going to win. We changed our offense to be "Romo-friendly," and he's not taking advantage of it.

Nathan Explosion
10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
You see, this is what I wanted to see. But before I get into the post, look at the title again. It's says "So Called Cowboys Fans". That means it was directed at the bandwagoners crying like it's the end of the world.

Now, onto to main point. I got tired of seeing the "woe is me" attitude in regards to the Cowboys. In fact, that attitude is affecting many Spurs fans as well. If you're going to cry that the season is over after four weeks and the Boys should tank the season, then get off the wagon and become a Texans fan.

I'm a Cowboys fan. And I have some fight left in me. I want to see my fellow fans have some fight in them as well. And I want to see my team have fight in them. We can be critical of our team. Our team has flaws. Big Flaws. But I still believe in our team and I still support our team through thick and thin.

This is sports. Things will change. Now lets stop crying about how bad our team is playing and let's support them through thick and thin. We only get 16 weeks of football. I say let's rally around our team and let the season play out. If it doesn't work out the way we want it, then so be it. But at least we stuck with them through the end, warts and all.

Nathan Explosion
10-06-2009, 06:46 PM
BTW, Romo is a problem, but not the only problem, or even the biggest problem.

The first problem is coaching. However, in the passing game, I think the O-Line is the biggest problem. They can't protect Romo. I've seen more tripping calls this year than I can remember, and Week 4 just past. What that tells me is that the line is not moving their feet and are getting beat at the point of attack.

Say what you will about Romo, but not even Montana could be great when he's getting pressured every game.

pkbpkb81
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM

crazy your a boys fan and a lakers fan wow i bet you love duke and the yankees too

Nathan Explosion
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM
crazy your a boys fan and a lakers fan wow i bet you love duke and the yankees too

Not Duke, but the Tar Heels.

Whisky Dog
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Being pissed that your favorite team has a waste of a HC/ a nerdy ineffective OC/ and a dipshit owner who refuses to do what it takes to win if it means relinquishing some control does not mean you're jumping off the wagon.

TFloss32
10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
After 4 weeks you all are ready to jump, so I say do it. Me personally, I think the coaches suck and will doom the team, but I'm ready to ride it out with them.

You sound like an episode of Intervention, but I commend your passion for a team with lots of problems.

Being pissed that your favorite team has a waste of a HC/ a nerdy ineffective OC/ and a dipshit owner who refuses to do what it takes to win if it means relinquishing some control does not mean you're jumping off the wagon.

Very well put. The Cowboys problems are in the following order:

1.) Jerry Jones 2.) Wade Phillips 3.) Tony Romo

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
You sound like an episode of Intervention, but I commend your passion for a team with lots of problems.

Very well put. The Cowboys problems are in the following order:

1.) Jerry Jones 2.) Wade Phillips 3.) Tony Romo
I wouldn't put JJ in there....But Wade and Romo definitely. Without JJ we don't have the SB rings we have. A poorly coached team doesn't win...no matter what. Talent is nothing without someone to corral the egos.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't put JJ in there....But Wade and Romo definitely. Without JJ we don't have the SB rings we have. A poorly coached team doesn't win...no matter what. Talent is nothing without someone to corral the egos.

An over involved owner that has the biggest ego of them all isn't a problem at all.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
An over involved owner that has the biggest ego of them all isn't a problem at all.
JJ's involvement with the team is obvious..he's the freaking owner. But him being overinvolved is overhyped. He's not on the sidelines anymore..he doesn't control the locker room anymore. We can't blame the problems the Cowboys are having on JJ anymore..it's not the case. Our coaching sucks, and our QB, while talented, has his head up his ass, and is believing all the hype that he sucks, when, in theory, as far as QB ratings go and stats go, his first three years are better than any QB's first three years in history. An unconfident QB is an unsuccessful QB.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Who hired the terrible coaches? Who has hired all the coaches that have sucked since Jimmy Johnson? Who threw away a 1st and 3rd round draft pick on Roy Williams?

I don't deny he is a great owner and really wants to win. He is also an incredible businessman, however, his refusal to hire a GM and make personnel choices himself instead of hiring football people to make those decisions is the problem.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
his refusal to hire a GM and make personnel choices himself instead of hiring football people to make those decisions is the problem.
Yes..agreed...that is a problem...but not our biggest problem.

Whisky Dog
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
JJ's involvement with the team is obvious..he's the freaking owner. But him being overinvolved is overhyped. He's not on the sidelines anymore..he doesn't control the locker room anymore. We can't blame the problems the Cowboys are having on JJ anymore..it's not the case. Our coaching sucks, and our QB, while talented, has his head up his ass, and is believing all the hype that he sucks, when, in theory, as far as QB ratings go and stats go, his first three years are better than any QB's first three years in history. An unconfident QB is an unsuccessful QB.

He's the GM, and one of the worst GMs of all time. That alone makes him a huge problem. He's actually their biggest problem because he controls everything. He could have a good GM here. He could have a legit coach here. But he's too delusional to know what he needs to do.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
OK..seems we've had a miscommunication, so I can agree with you two...JJ the owner is good...JJ the GM is a problem...deal?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Who threw away a 1st and 3rd round draft pick on Roy Williams?

The best part about this this is that he got raked over the coals by a guy who'd been on the job for 12 days.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
The best part about this this is that he got raked over the coals by a guy who'd been on the job for 12 days.
Man...you are disgruntled, aren't you? Are you ever in a good mood?

10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Thinking about that trade always puts me in a good mood.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Thinking about that trade always puts me in a good mood.
Why? You guys still can't win...you don't know how to draft.

10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Are you really that dense?

It's bad enough that you think dominating a team is giving up 30+ points and over 400+ yards of offense while not getting a sack or TO.

By that criteria, the Lions have dominated a ton of games the last few years.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Are you really that dense?

It's bad enough that you think dominating a team is giving up 30+ points and over 400+ yards of offense while not getting a sack or TO.

By that criteria, the Lions have dominated a ton of games the last few years.
First off, I made it clear that what I meant by dominating the Giants game was running the ball. And the fact remains that with Romo even playing decent, we win that game. And as the Cowboys, and obviously the Lions have proven, just because you dominate a game doesn't mean you win it.

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
If it wasn't for Romo, we beat the Giants...the rest of our team, especially our running game, was flawless...look at the stats, we completely owned them, except for QB game.

That doesn't sound like you meant only running the ball.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
That doesn't sound like you meant only running the ball.
We dominated the clock because of running the ball. Our front line dominated as well.

J.T.
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Demarcus Ware zero sacks :lmao

Dwight Freeney played hurt last week and got a sack!

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Greg Ellis has 4 more sacks than Demarcus Ware.

kamikazi_player
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
lol bob sanders injury prone

J.T.
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Seriously

What if you could go back to the two Cowboys losses and give Ware one sack in each game. Put it on whatever play you want. I bet the Cowboys win both of those games.

J.T.
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM

romo fumbled

Dr. Gonzo
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Bob Sanders at 50% is still better than any DB Cowboys have.

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM

Combined.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
bull

Combined.
shit

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Every DB the Cowboys has blows balls. See Denver's last possesion sunday.

Hell Jerraud Powers would easily start in that secondary.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Every DB the Cowboys has blows balls. See Denver's last possesion sunday.

Hell Jerraud Powers would easily start in that secondary.

This, Terrance Newman is one of the most overrated corners in the NFL.

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
:lol :lol

-ZMvbrUN8Pc

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
lol 5 on 1 missed tackle

symple19
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM

-ZMvbrUN8Pc

rofl

Nathan Explosion
10-09-2009, 10:32 PM

-ZMvbrUN8Pc

First off, you can't blame Newman on this one. He had perfect position, but sometimes a guy makes a hell of a play and you have to give it to him. I hate to say it, but there was absolutely nothing Newman could have done unless he knew how to grow 4 to 6 inches in a split second to intercept that ball.

As for the defense, no one could tackle Marshall, but the funny thing is, in the end, letting him score was the right play. If the Cowboys get Marshall to the ground, the Broncos run down the clock and kick the game winning FG with a few seconds left on the clock. Letting Marshall score guaranteed the Cowboys get the ball back with a chance to tie the game, which is exactly what happened.

As for the Lions, it's funny how a fan of a team that has won only 2 games in more than 2 seasons is trying to bag on the Cowboys.

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:04 PM
That ball was severely under thrown. There's no way that should've been caught. Had he not went up with 2 hands and instead tried batting it down with one, it would've been an incomplete pass.

As for the defense, no one could tackle Marshall, but the funny thing is, in the end, letting him score was the right play. If the Cowboys get Marshall to the ground, the Broncos run down the clock and kick the game winning FG with a few seconds left on the clock. Letting Marshall score guaranteed the Cowboys get the ball back with a chance to tie the game, which is exactly what happened.

even tho theoretically it was a good idea to let him score, that's still not an excuse to let Marshall go Bo Jackson Techmo Bowl on them.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
even tho theoretically it was a good idea to let him score, that's still not an excuse to let Marshall go Bo Jackson Techmo Bowl on them.
Yes...that's exactly the excuse...Dallas had to let him go, otherwise Denver runs the clock out and kicks the game winner at the gun, like he said. You had to let him score and give Tony a chance to tie the game...which he almost did, and if he didn't throw the damn ball at Bailey again, we would have tied it. But that's neither here nor there..yes..we lost. We've lost twice...at the last second....to two undefeated teams. I'd say that's not exactly horrible.

Pistons < Spurs
10-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I've got a strong feeling that my lowly Chiefs are going to beat Dallas this weekend.

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Trying to spin any positive out of either of those losses is ridiculous.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I've got a strong feeling that my lowly Chiefs are going to beat Dallas this weekend.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
10-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Keep dreaming. The Queefs couldn't beat a shitty Raider squad when they dominated Oakland the whole game. KC's only chance for a win will be when they play Oakland again and vs Cleveland.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Trying to spin any positive out of either of those losses is ridiculous.
You're fucking ridiculous. There's a lot of positives in both losses, and if you knew a damn thing about football, you'd see that. Over 200 rushing yards against one of the best run defenses in the league isn't a positive? Our defense holding Denver down consistently isn't a positive? You're an idiot. The Cowboys have two losses on scores that both occured within the last two minutes of the game against two undefeated teams. I'm glad you're not a coach...you'd be a disgrace...

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
How many defensive players were the Giants missing? How many rushing yards per game do the Cowboys rack up with Fragile Felix out?

What's funny is your retarded ass pleas in every thread that Romo is the Cowboy's biggest problem when both of their losses have come directly from not being able to stop teams in clutch situations. :lmao Newman being an elite corner.

The Cowboys are awful. Get over it.

ducks
10-09-2009, 11:41 PM

I think it is the players that suck more then the coaching
romo is never has been all that

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:41 PM

ducks :toast:toast

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
How many defensive players were the Giants missing? How many rushing yards per game do the Cowboys rack up with Fragile Felix out?

What's funny is your retarded ass pleas in every thread that Romo is the Cowboy's biggest problem when both of their losses have come directly from not being able to stop teams in clutch situations. :lmao Newman being an elite corner.

The Cowboys are awful. Get over it.
LMAO..yeah...completely awful...like I said..losing on last minute plays to undefeated teams...that's awful...lmao...You must not watch Cowboys games. Of course losses stem from not stopping the other team..that's how people fucking score. But when you're QB is personally responsible for 4 turnovers, two that are directly led to touchdowns, and you lose by a last second field goal, that's the game right there. And the Denver play, once again, was because Marshall is a lot taller than Newman, and Orton threw it where only Marshall could get to it. After that catch, we had to let them score to have a chance. Nevermind..there's just no talking to you...you don't have common sense...let's just call you Simple Jack, and leave it at that...good day sir.

dirk4mvp
10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
What kind of retarded faggot thinks there's positive to come out their defense folding? Oh I see.

and Orton threw it where only Marshall could get to it

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh my.

Yeah because under throwing it to the point where Marshall had to reach over a guy who was in perfect position to break that pass up is what one would call a ball that was thrown to where only Marshall could get to it.

I'm glad you're not a coach...you'd be a disgrace...

10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
The Cowboys didn't tackle Marshall on purpose? Are you fucking kidding me?

Why would you concede points to a guy who's already missed a pair of 38 yard FGs this year? And that's basically where BM should have been tackled; 20, 21 yard line.

Plus, you aren't taking into account a fumble, bad snap, penalty, etc.

Has it gotten that bad CowboyFan where a completely inept play is turned into a positive?

symple19
10-10-2009, 02:48 AM

Why would you concede points to a guy who's already missed a pair of 38 yard FGs this year? And that's basically where BM should have been tackled; 20, 21 yard line.

Has it gotten that bad CowboyFan where a completely inept play is turned into a positive?

yes

Spursfan092120
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM

Wow...is Lion fan still talking? You seem to forget there was still 2:00 left on the clock when he caught that ball. They would have used that clock and fought forward a few more yards before the kick.

Dr. Gonzo
10-10-2009, 12:04 PM
After that catch, we had to let them score to have a chance.

Holy shit. You are fucking stupider than I thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Orton threw it where only Marshall could get to it

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2009, 12:29 PM
They would have used that clock and fought forward a few more yards before the kick.

Shouldn't THE GREAT Cowboy defense be able to hold them at the spot where Marshall was tackled.

Spursfan092120
10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't THE GREAT Cowboy defense be able to hold them at the spot where Marshall was tackled.
I'm sorry...who said our defense was great?

J.T.
10-10-2009, 12:50 PM
So Bob Sanders at 50% really is better than all Cowboys DBs?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry...who said our defense was great?

The people who think they somehow made a great play letting Brandon Marshall score.

10-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow...is Lion fan still talking? You seem to forget there was still 2:00 left on the clock when he caught that ball. They would have used that clock and fought forward a few more yards before the kick.

So, they shouldn't have even tried to tackle him at all once he caught the ball at the 30. I mean, after all, they would have just gained a few yards, milked the clock and kicked FG.

Solid, coach.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Make fun of them all you want, I've never heard a Lion fan say that the Lions intentionally let the other team score.

10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
After that catch, we had to let them score to have a chance.

Never mind, you're stupider than I thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Us haters are just keeping the Cowboys relevant!!!

leemajors
10-10-2009, 02:47 PM

garrett can't adjust to save his life. he constantly goes away from what works. imo def coordinators started to figure him out at the end of his first season, and he hasn't really tried much new or made many adjustments since then. he's in love with the passing game, regardless of how ineffective it is, or how effective they are running the ball. his qb has regressed every season he has been in charge of the offense. it may not help romo can barely only occasionally hit the broad side of a barn this season, but the coaches either just suck, or he doesn't feel he has to pay attention. there's plenty of blame to go around, but i don't see how a large share of it doesn't fall squarely on garrett's shoulders. this, of course, is a situation exacerbated by jerry jones, but that's another subject entirely. it really sucks to be a cowboys fan, jones is too proud to do what he needs to to get them on the right track. "i've never owned a business i didn't manage myself" - this may not be a verbatim quote, but it is sure depressing to read.

dirk4mvp
10-10-2009, 10:22 PM
And this guy seemed it fit to acutally call someone else stupid :lol

Whisky Dog
10-10-2009, 11:04 PM
The Cowboys aren't even mediocre this year.

6-10 here we come.

Fire Wade and bring in another slap dick to fuck things up.

Rinse and repeat.

Nathan Explosion
10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Make fun of them all you want, I've never heard a Lion fan say that the Lions intentionally let the other team score.

Sometimes you actually have to let the other team do some damage to have a chance.

A few years back Belichick called for a hike out of the end zone for a safety on a punt to get better field position for his defense to try and force a 3 and out. Defense holds and Pats get the ball back and win the game.

You know, sometimes it takes guts to make that kind of call.

Having said that, I NEVER said that the defense let him score. What I said was that the irony of it all was that the the correct call would have been to let the receiver score the TD once the ball was caught.

But back to the real problem, I'm watching the Cowboys game and I'm watching a team that is not executing, undisciplined and just playing below their potential. All of that comes down to coaching.

Pistons < Spurs
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM

...almost

Spursfan092120
10-11-2009, 04:29 PM
...almost
even as a Dallas fan, I would have given you some SERIOUS props if you had called that one..