PDA

View Full Version : A little assist for a Rocket's fan

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey gang,

Tonight's preseason game is not being shown here in Austin, It may be a lot to ask, but if anyone watches the game and could comment on some of the Rockets players and how they look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Clearly we are rebuilding this year, while you guys retooled, I have you as the favorites this year if healthy.

So, I am not expecting great things, but am interested to see a few things...like.

1. How does Aaron Brooks look at the PG position against an elite level PG like TP?

2. How does Scola look on the low block, can he hang with a hall of famer like Duncan?

3. How does Ariza look, can he create off the dribble?

4. How do our rookies look, Budinger and Taylor?

Other things like rebounding, turnovers and speed of play.....allegedly the Rockets are going to run this year and look for the first available shot.

So, I know it is a lot ot ask, but if someone watching the game would be so kind as to check it out from the Rockets perspective as well it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

DD

PS. You can also cheer for Pops again....I hope he sticks....

phyzik
10-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Its going to be epic on Spurstalk if Pops starts owning on the Spurs rookies. :lol

PDXSpursFan
10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey gang,

2. How does Scola look on the low block, can he hang with a hall of famer like Duncan?

Scola thread!!

DaBears
10-06-2009, 02:02 PM
From my understanding game is not on TV in the San Antonio area either.

And for for best analysis you might want to go to a Rockets forum.......http://www.rockets.com

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
From my understanding game is not on TV in the San Antonio area either.

And for for best analysis you might want to go to a Rockets forum.......http://www.rockets.com

I am on Clutchfans too, but I like to get an unbiased analysis from other team's fans.

Talking hoops with knowledgeable fans from other sites allows for a better overall view of the team...IMO.

DD

manufan10
10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll be watching it online, so I'll try and keep those things in mind. :tu

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Much appreciated !

DD

Shifty
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM

And where would that be?

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
And where would that be?

Here is a link for the game, look towards the bottom of the listings (http://atdhe.net/)

DD

baseline bum
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey gang,

Tonight's preseason game is not being shown here in Austin, It may be a lot to ask, but if anyone watches the game and could comment on some of the Rockets players and how they look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yao looks broken. Battier looks gay. Ariza looks remorseful.

traitoravery
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
If you have At&t uverse you will get it on FoX Sports SW houston.

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Anyone see the game?

DD

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Anyone get some real thoughts?

DD

Dex
10-07-2009, 09:37 AM
1. How does Aaron Brooks look at the PG position against an elite level PG like TP?
TP didn't play, but Brooks was still matched up with a decent defender in George Hill and did a pretty admirable job. He was driving the ball to the basket and shooting well, and did a good job of orchestrating the Rockets' hurry-up offense, especially in the first half.

Scola looks like he's going to continue to be a factor on the block. He's still a hustle machine and it looks like he's refined his post game a bit, as he showed off some decent hooks and turnarounds. That's good because with Yao not around, Scola is to the point where he'll probably start commanding some double teams. On defense he was decent, but was caught out of position a couple times and committed some silly fouls.

3. How does Ariza look, can he create off the dribble?
Ariza looked very confident to start the game. With Houston pushing the tempo and driving the ball back at the Spurs, he had a number of nice drives, and also had his jumper working. He had something like 9 points in the first quarter, which shows what he is capable as a key member of the offense, but seemed to trail off after that. Ariza probably has the talent to succeed, but he still needs to show that he can be a main gear in a system.

4. How do our rookies look, Budinger and Taylor?
Budinger looks like a hell of a shooter. Maybe it was just beginners luck, but that guy was lighting up the nets. Maybe thats because he looks like a blond Matt Bonner. I don't particularly remember much about Taylor's play, except for an offensive foul.

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Dex,

Thank you very much......not only for the feedback, but also for the mature response.....it is much appreciated.

As for Budinger, he is the real deal, he has been hitting shots since we got him...and he is only 21 years old....Adelman has his young Peja...

DD

Rogue
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Dex,

Thank you very much......not only for the feedback, but also for the mature response.....it is much appreciated.

As for Budinger, he is the real deal, he has been hitting shots since we got him...and he is only 21 years old....Adelman has his young Peja...

DD
I hope his "young Peja" isn't as bad as the real one who's gonna get 34m bucks for only two years' service, son.